Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in Zanesville, Ohio - Lowe’s Extended warranty

2.9
Purchased a refrigerator with a 3 year so called extended warranty come to find out this extended warranty starts the day of purchase so in all actuality it’s only a 2 year extended warranty Lowe’s supplies no documentation on the extended warranty program to explain how it actually works (fraud)

If you read the terms, it starts from day one because it is not just an extended warranty, it provides you with additional coverage and benefits that the manufacturer doesn’t provide. Such as, power surge coverage, food loss, rental reimbursement, and 50% rebate on maintenance products purchase for the refrigerator(this includes cleaning products and water filters).

Not fraud at all. In fact if you replace the water filter every 6 months at $50 a pop, you get $25 back, over three years that benefit alone pay for the warranty itself.

Go to Lowes.com and look up appliance warranty. It is pretty clear that the one year manufacturers warranty is part to the total term of your warranty.

It also tells you that the contract is sent to you via e-mail if you provide a proper e-mail address.

There is also a phone number you can call to have a printed version sent to you. Sounds like you are just another consumer who doesn't look at the details of a product before they make the purchase.

Lowes Protection Plan

Lowes - Maytag Washing Machine Quality Control Issues

Maytag/Whirlpool's response to my complaint regarding prolific rusting of my washing machine via the BBB has been most disappointing indeed... The corporation's lack of genuine interest, concern for product reliability, and consumer satisfaction is revealed foremost in the fact Maytag/Whirlpool never requested picture evidence to substantiate my claim... Hiding behind legal clauses in lieu of responsibly engaging consumer identified quality control issues represents a wholesale lack of professional integrity and is most shameful for a self-identified industry leader... Interestingly, since I filed the claim in early Jan, 2019, I have subsequently noticed significant evidence of further rusting at the base of the washing machine... This rusting is uniform in nature and also indicative of manufacturer failure to appropriately apply anti-corrosive primer paint... As this Maytag washing machine is used solely for residential use and is located in a climate controlled environment, the circumstances warrant further consideration... This information is provided again as one Maytag Customer Service Representative (CSR) audaciously suggested that the location of my residence near the Gulf of Mexico is a contributing factor to the premature rusting I have experienced... Indeed, a Maytag CSR actually Google Mapped the location of my residence to substantiate Maytag's position... Incomprehensible!!! Another Maytag CSR suggested I failed to appropriately clean up bleach spills surrounding the bleach dispenser... Although, the owner's manual does not require such cleaning, this CSR assumed that I actually spilled bleach in the first place... Her defiant assumption was made despite my explanation that I have only used bleach perhaps 2-3 times per year since ownership... Meanwhile, the uniform rusting continues to propagate in areas not exposed to any amount of bleach... It is this consumer's fervent desire that future consumers will conduct adequate research and NOT rely on Maytag/Whirlpool's antiquated reputation for quality control and implied professional integrity...

why is this in the Lowe's section? They didn't have anything to do with this. They just SELL the product.

@Anonymous

I agree. This complaint is also missing a critical point, how old is the machine? Are we talking about a 5 year old machine or a 30 year old machine?

Lowes Washer And Dryer Warranty
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Sacramento, California - No value for cash purchase

2.0
I am not pleased with how my return at Lowe’s went today I am a general contractor and after working on irrigation assignment for past six months I had accumulated a lot of plumming pipes this cashier at the return desk did three separated transactions of gift cards to do the rest of my returns she asked for reciepts which I did not have as i paid cash for all my items. Question is why is cash not good anymore why are we limited on returns when we spend our hard earned purchasing it yes we are told to bring ur reciets upon return but with employees we tend to not have it available on returns paid cash that sucks

Get a MyLowes account. It will keep a record of your purchases so the cashier can just scan your card when you return stuff and you won't have to worry about keeping track of all those receipts.

What kind of contractor doesn’t keep thier receipts for at least tax purposes?

They still give you a receipt when you pay with cash. The only people that don't get a receipt are those that took the merchandise without paying for it.

It isn't uncommon for stores to place restrictions on n returns without receipts.

If you are a contractor you should have your receipts in a file for accounting purposes. Bring them in and make your return much easier.

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes in Winchester, Virginia - Will never step a foot in Lowe's doors again.

2.0
Last March 2018 I purchased all my appliances and fixtures for my kitchen and master bathroom. on the day they were delivered to my home we were out of town and my son was at home, they put all the stuff in a storage area were they sat and untouched for 10 months until my contractors needed to install them in my newly remodeled kitchen that I spent over 50 thousand dollars on which I purchased everything from Lowe's. Well when the refrigerator was installed and unwrapped there is about six dents in the door, the dishwasher was installed and to find out the hinge on the door is broken. Well Lowe's said I bought them a year ago that they can't do anything to help me, except charge me almost half of what I payed for it to fix it. This is very poor customer service and I will never step another foot in a Lowe's store after being treated like this and spending so much money with this corporation.

If you had followed normal protocol with Delivery. The unit would of been unwrapped and inspected prior to delivery.

If you had asked to leave the product in its original manufacturers packaging. I can clearly see how this is Lowe's fault for following your request and not seeing damage that was clearly covered by the Vendor. Dont buy appliances and let them sit. Unless you purchase a 3-5 year extended protection plan.

the warranty is one year from point of purchase. be better next time.

Why on earth would you expect them to do anything else? The refrigerator has been in YOUR possession for 10 months.

To start with, you should have inspected it when it was delivered and refused it or noted damage at that time. It's not their fault you scheduled delivery when you were out of town.

As it sat in YOUR garage for 10 months who knows what may have hit or bumped the refrigerator and dented it. Sorry but I doubt you will find any business that would replace a damaged product that had been out of their possession for that amount of time.

Refrigerator
Tags
  • Disappointed Customer

Lowes - Order Cancelled without Notice

3.3
Placed an order, checked two days later and could not find any record of it in my account. Called customer service who informed me that it was cancelled and out of stock. Was really looking forward to what I ordered, was disappointed Lowe's did not have the courtesy to notify me.
Lowes Shipping Service
Pros
  • Price of the product
Cons
  • Any part of the complete lack of follow up or follow through
Order processing issue

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Tape measure waranty

3.1
Have a 30’ magnetic tip tape that the end broke. Tried to call lowes and ask them if i can swap it out, since it had a lifetime waranty. Was told they didnt sell them anymore and that i could not. Talk to the customer service desk and was told the same. I have a lot of kolbolt tools as i work in constuction. I havent had problems with them so very unhappy with the wsy this is handled. I mean Harbor Frieght has tape measures that cost a fraction of what i spent for this one, and it has a lifetime waranty. I guess i should just boycot Lowes. I just bought a fridge and a range last month. Thousands of dollars that could of gone to Home Depot. Im not a happy customer.

Warranties do not apply to commercial use. Learn to read.

Why does every *** not understand the store is a middle man. If you have a problem with your item go to the manufacturer. People are stupid.

Tool manufacturers like Kobalt, Stanley and others warranty their tape measures against manufacturer DEFECTS. They do not warranty them against consumer abuse and damage.

Tearing the end off your tape measure is not a defect.

You can't expect companies to stay in business if they replaced every tool someone damage on a job site. It's time to buy a new tape.

View more comments (2)
Tape Measure
Warranty issue

Lowes - Return policy

2.8
I can readily understand why the do not allow refunds on major items such as appliances, but minor items such as $10 yard lights. I am now a Home Depot customer even though they do not give discounts to Veterans.

Please go there. Thanks.

You fail to include some important information. Did you have your receipt?

Many stores won't accept a return without a receipt proving you purchased the product from them, what you paid for it and how long ago it was purchased.

Were they seasonal (Christmas) lights? Again many stores won't accept the return of products outside their selling season.

Lowes Customer Care
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes - An Employee

Store 0488. Nick Vann cut my hours he still feeds his kids. *** *** piece of ***

I would have fired you with an attitude like yours. Big box stores are allowed only so much payroll by the corporate offices.

When sales get slow hours get cut. It's a fact of retail.

Part time usually gets cut first, then full time and last to be cut would be management. It only makes sense to keep your most knowledgable people working.

Work Experience or Job Application

Lowes in Oyster Bay, New York - Fees and Interest charges without reason

This Lowes card managed by SYNCHRONY BANK has one of the worst statement meant to harm the consumer. In this confusing way, it ways find a way to charge interest or fees, even if you pay in full! They make the small charges without any explanation. Since you dont have enough time due to your projects, you will end up paying it.

Lowes - Customer service is great! Delivery however is not

2.6
I recently perchased a clearances fridge in perfect condition at Lowe’s. While strike one, I had to purchase it via the telephone the next day because no one would help me at the store. Over the phone the guy was amazing with his help! The Fridge would be here in two days they told me. Fast forward to delivery, the guys were polite... but they busted all the shelves in my fridge leaving glass shattered thruout the fridge along with big ol gouges!!! One on the face of my fridge and the rest thru out the inside of my fridge! I wanted to cry!!! When I talked to customer service, they said while they did not have to replace the shelves that they would. Granted we made the hour and a half drive to Lowe’s to get them! Whatever! I now have a scratched up alright fridge. Guess it at least keeps the food fresh right?

If their customer service is so great why did you have to make your purchase over the phone the next day rather than being able to make the purchase when you made the trip to their store? If their service was great they would take care of people when they took the time to come into the store and make a purchase rather than having to sit around on the phone talking to people who are buying products on the phone because the couldn't get helped when they were in the store.

Lowes Delivery Service