store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Very rude, abusive, unprofessional, disrespecful delivery driver | Lowes review from New Brunswick, New Jersey

1. Please educate your delivery personnel. Experienced a very bad attitude of the delivery guy. 2. When an agent does a home delivery ( from any company); he or she knocks on the door and makes sure of the items and for the correct address and the correct receiver. Plus after the delivery, he has to get a signature of the customer. No such thing happened. He dumped the stuff at the wrong address. The driver refused to bring it to my house. 3. Yes, mistakes do happen...everybody makes a mistake but...my construction worker and his son had to pick the heavy stuff with their own hands from the wrong address and put it into their own truck themselves. The driver not only refused to bring it to my house, but did not even help moving the stuff...And now there may be even some items missing, which have to be figured out... and would let the company know, if so. This is just so unprofessional and disrespectful. 4. I do have to say that your salesperson 5. Yuri is a very respectful and a pleasant person.

No attendant available | Lowes review from Davenport, Iowa

there is a bad customer service in this local and only store in laredo we waited for 30 mnts and nobody even showed up to attendus the store close and everybody was so annoying and just ignored us i believe all are busy but then at the end they didnt even have the god dam window that i was looking for at least they could say ;sorry or somthing but no nothing that sucks *** speciall if the *** *** or manager was there i work with people and i dont act likethat so is somebody is goig to pay atention i would really apreciated some nice people to attende us
Review
Lowes said that they cut tile for customers I bought some quarter round trim to go between my wall and countertop and only needed 4 peices cut into mitered corners. this is a very small job. After i purchased it they told me their saw was broken and sent me to another...

If you refer to the 5th grade as "my senior year" you might be a redneck!

View more comments
Review

Lowe's Home Improvement Stores-Trapped Birds | Lowes review from Palm Bay, Florida

Lowe's Home Improvement Stores have a policy, which they claim is in place to prevent birds from entering the store through the Garden Department. As you walk from the outside of the store and enter through the Garden Department, you will see that they have installed netting above the door into the store. This netting allows birds to get into the netting, but they cannot find their way out and they end up dying of starvation and lack of water. I was at the Lowe's Store in Rockledge, Florida about four weeks ago and saw 5 bird carcasses, as well as several birds trapped. One of the trapped birds was a sparrow fledgling, which was nearly dead. I asked the store manager, as well as several store employees to help me remove the bird so I could take him to a wildlife care center. From 7:00 pm until 10:30 pm, I refused to leave the store until they finally found someone who wook a forklift up and got the bird. Since that time, I have made numerous attempts to have this issue addressed by the store manager and have contacted district managers and others who state that this is their policy and they will not do anything to fix the problem. I have checked with several other retailers with similar Garden Department setups (Walmart, Home Depot, etc.). None of these retailers have the netting nor do they feel it makes any difference in keeping the birds from entering the store. Also, several Lowe's employees told me they see birds in the store all the time. Please visit your local Lowe's store and take note of this issue. Please see the store manager and make your concerns known. Let other know of this cruel treatment. This is the only way to make a change.
Hezzie

Some Lowe’s in Indiana and Kentucky hire a company to kill the birds with air rifles. Not just invasive birds, but doves and geese as well.

I have seen fresh dove carcasses myself. They are left there to rot.

There are many nests in our store, and because the mess below can have bird mites, and these are almost impossible to get rid of once they infest your body and house. The birds are pests! Google how to get rid of bird mites and you will find no real solutions, only horror stories of tormented people.

I was there and they were using a backpack blower to clean the back aisles. When dried bird *** are blown around and become airborne spores can cause humans to get very ill.

Shouldn't they be doing this when customers are not present. Don't they want to supply there employees with Proper Proctective Equipment. (PPE) If I were to get sick I would sue Lowe's. After seeing all the bird *** on the products I decided to shop somewhere else.

I didn't want that *** on my clothes. Especially when I was shopping on my lunch break. Maybe OSHA should be called? Lowe's should hire a professional company to clean up the hazardous waste that is all over the soil and mulch.

Instead they tell there employees to do it without informing them of all the health risks.

Saving money vs.caring about their employees. Wow that's a serious topic.

#491951

Our Lowe's has netting outside in the rafters of the garden department (rear area where fencing is). They say it's to keep the birds from pooping on customers and merchandise but the area is still covered with ***.

That's because birds can get into the netting but can't get out. They starve there and the netting is filled with chirping birds of all varieties trying to escape as well as the carcases of the birds that starved to death there. No one at Lowe's cared to hear from me about it and the local DEC wouldn't take up the issue.

Why put up netting if it doesn't do what you want (keeping customers & merchandise safe)and only results in animal cruelty. Put it up right or don't use it at all -- it's cruel.

I happen to work at Lowe's if the lady thinks the net was terrible let me tell you what happened at our store. We had an English Sparrow infestation.

English Sparrows are a non native species and compete with native birds. They are the rodents of the bird kingdom. These birds were pooping everywhere and toting nest material and ruining our plants and messing up the place. It was becoming a health risk because when we cleaned the dried *** became airborn which was inhaled.

Lowe's hired an exterminator to shoot the birds with a BB pistol and poison them. The cover story was they were given a seditive and gathered up to be relocated.

NOT! I love birds don't get me wrong but something had to be done.

So. Lanthony801 hasn't been to many Lowes stores because not all stores have those nets.

The two stores that I have worked with don't have them. Birds get in the store for whatever reason, and guess what? They don't typically come out. We find the bird dead in top stock, and it's either the customer finds them or an employee does.

So, you should probably calm down about the birds a little bit. Store Managers have a lot more to worry about than *** birds that fly into our stores.

#20589

A little information is in order here.

The netting you saw was A. either keeping the birds out and they were coming in a different way such as whenthe doors open, (very likely) or B. the netting may be damaged or improperly installed in someway.

This depends on weather they tried to do it themselves or actually had a professional wildlife company install it.

I'd say from the information you supplied, they have done more than most stores. Bird netting can be an expensive proposition when done right. I've always felt that from a damaged goods, disease,false store alarms and personal liability point of view, I would do everything possible to keep the birds out if it was my store.

As noted, the bird was a sparrow, most likely a house sparrow not native to this country. These birds along with European starlings are not protected by law as they are detrimental to the native songbird population, such as bluebirds.

The only thing they are good for is human conflicts such as described and they should all be destroyed.

You may not like that but that's reality, that's why these birds are offered no protection under wildlife regulations.

Trying to rehab a house sparrow is akin to relocating a mouse...not to bright.

#20459

Neil is an ***, and certainly not an amusing one.

I am suprised that you didn't call out the National Guard for that poor bird.

You have to much time on your hands.

Maybe airplanes should not fly when there is an injured bird on the runway.

Do you lay down on the highway to stop traffic when a deer is hit?

View more comments (10)
Review

Lowes need reality check on who they hire to install!

First of all, I am so pissed off at Lowe's in Louisville, Ky. right now! Don't ever buy carpet from a box store...ever!!! You might think you are saving a bundle but, trust me...it's not worth the hassle of the incompitant people Lowe's contracts out to install the carpet. I really believe that my 2 yr old could have done a better job measuring the carpet rather than the "carpet installer" His measurements were soo way off that they weren't able to install my carpet after 5 weeks of waiting! We ended up waiting another week to get the extra carpet ordered and installed. In the mean time, we had to basically live around the mess of my house which was torn completely upside down (my husband had moved all the furniture) When they did install the carpet, they took more smoke breaks than anything. Such lazy-***! They also booked it out of the house as soon as it was laid, leaving us to clean up their mess! They didn't even sweep the carpet remnants or moving anything back to the rooms like they were being paid to do! Lowe's needs to be a little pickier on who they hire to represent their company! I will NEVER buy anything from their AGAIN!!!

:) Correction:

Lowe's Hire's General Contractor's.

( Certified Installers )

Ray Installer Mill work's

Brighton, Co 80601

Ray A

:) Correction:

Lowe's Hires Certified

General Contractors!

The Home Depot hires a General Contractor, he hire's ( Sub-Contractors!

Sincerely,

Certified Installer

#20682

dont take it out on lowes, look they have a instalation garantee if your not happy then save your breath for the manager not the forums, i instal for lowes as a carpet installer, if your not happy,they will take care of it. Look it doesnt matter were you go you'll have problems every were. sorry it is hard for me to be everywere all the time

#19133

Jeff Lowes stands by nothing they do I live in Louisville, Ky and I'm dealing with *** for 8 mo. You must be one of those SUB CONTRACTORS.

first of all all of these are sub contractors not lowes employees these are the same guys who install for your mom and pops . the difference is lowes will stand behind their installation where others hide

View more comments (5)
Review

Lowes has worst delivery, customer service!

We purchased a refrigerator, dishwasher and range from Lowes and it took two months to have appliances that work. They showed up on a day we weren't expecting them then rudely rushed us through getting ready for the installation. The dishwasher didn't work, the range was a floor model that wasn't leveled, there was no manual, no broiler, had bad nicks, the burners did not work and it tipped forward! The installers never tested anything. Every time we called the store we got someone different who didn't know the story, passed it on to someone else, NEVER returned calls. We now have three appliances from three different stores. We will NEVER buy from Lowes again!

Tell me about it...

www.lowesceo.com

View more comments (1)
Service
Lowes Installation
Loss

Disabled man waited almost 1 hr & never got helped | Lowes review from San Antonio, Texas

We were looking to buy a barbecue grill and a door. My husband is 75 years, disabled and only had his cane, waited in hot sun 20 minutes. Was told be right with you. I brought him into the store and left him looking and reading up on the grills. He had questions before purchase. Three times he asked a salesperson for help and was told be right with you. Waited anothe 45 mins No one came. He called and said lets leave I'm in pain. No place to sit down, He has 8 back surgeries. I have spent a lot of money at this store and I was crying when I complained to the young lady at customer service. It broke my heart that my husband, a retired Vietnam vet, visibly disabled had been treated so shabily.
Ray A

Correction:

In every department at Lowe's is a Sign

Red& Yellow Need Help. Press the button and the intercom will say Help needed in ( Grill's ). Until a associate shows up and turns it off, it will continue!

If the Associate for some reason doesn't help you press the button again. Last resort ask for the

MOD Manager On Duty.

Sincerely,

certified Installer

Brighton, Co

Ray :) :)

:( Stop complaining all you old people is complain...in reality you probaly only waited like five minutes but in old people time i guess thats an hour....you're just pissed off that you were not helped right when you asked for is....and why did you cry about it silly women

scot1991

I work in retail, and a lot of times customers say this very thing, unfortunatley we all are at the mercy of what our bosses allow us to do, 15 years as a manager I can assure you that no one that works in retail intentionally does anything to hurt the customer or it's just that most of the time there are only two people working in a department, neither of the employees have any control over the payroll, or control of hiring anymore help, and probably are helping another customer just like you.....that's not to say that I, or retail as a whole are not sensitive to your situation, or that I personally am gratefull of your husbands service, like him, I'm sure it's easy for people to criticize and make comments about war or soldiers until you walk in a soldiers boots.... same thing...

retail workers,are people also that have feelings just as you, and want to help, but most of the time, day after day dealing with customers,negatively ,makes youcold, and sometimes short to deal with.... again, not trying to be mean or hurtfull to you, just showing you the other side of that fence......

View more comments (2)
Review

Another fraud caes from Lowes?

My wifes exhusband brought a refrigerator for around $1200, when he declared bankruptcy Lowes changed the name on the account to my wifes name.Is this legal? Her name never appeared on the statement before,She never signed a thing that made her a joint card holder,just a card user, they said they dont keep records passed 3yrs and were welcome to persue legal matters if we like, because it will probably cost us more than the $1200 and they dont care, the person on the phone was very rude and arrogant and could not see anything wrong in what Lowes was doing, so everyone beware!

I was sold inferior deck stain. | Lowes review from Adrian, Michigan

I purchased Olympic Deck Stain and it peeled up in 6 months. I contacted the company that produced the stain and luckly I had my receipt. I had to send a copy to them to prove when I purchased the stain. I was refunded the money, but not until I signed a paper that I would not file suit agansit Olympic or Lowe's. The stain cost less than the product to strip off the stain. I had gunk all over my yard and flowers by the time I got it removed. Do not by Olympic products! I won't

Similar issue. I cleaned, prepped and stained my deck with an additional layer of stain the following year.

Both layers started fading and peeling a year later. So much for a lifetime warranty.

It's not even the price of the stain that I'm concerned with. It's the time and effort that I have to put into staining the deck a 3rd time now.

Nope, I scrubbed with gallons of deck cleaner. Let it dry, and applied two coatings just like instructions said to do.

Right after doing it, I visited two public tourist locations (cave sites) and found they had used the same paint, and it was peeling. I asked the owners what they used: OLYMPIC DECK SAVER, junk.

The company came out, about a year later, and said it didnt work as listed, and though they were still selling it, they took off the guarantee.

I too used gallons of the deck filling paint. It started peeling within the year , and here 3 years later, it might as well be said I didnt do anything to the deck.

There are a few boards, with some paint still on them. It even peeled off brand new boards which had been replacements. I didnt have the receipts, of course, so nothing can be done. It was not just LOWES.

Other house paint by Olympic are great and use them all over and outside the house.

But this was junk, guaranteed for like 10 years. ha.

I have always used Olympic products and have been very happy with them. Perhaps is was improperly applied or applied when the weather was not condicive for doing so. Lets not generalize and say "never but Olympic products" as my guess is this was user error.

I used the Olympic deck wash and followed the instructions to the letter. (I have 10 years painting experience).

It peeled and chipped like paint after 6 months. Rediculous.

When it comes to deck stains there are so many variables that may cause problems. So while you think everything was done correctly there may have been some variables you are not aware of that caused a problem.

If the product is oil based, penetrates and does not build a film it will not peel.

Even if it is a "bad batch" of stain if it is oil it will penetrate, that is just the nature of oil.

When a stain is a bad batch it usually has something to do with drying, or fade resistance, or color, etc. There is nothing you can do to an oil base product to prevent oil from penetrating.

A good place to visit is deckstainsolutions.com to find out exactly what the problem is so it does not happen again.

To all the no it all's. I have been a painter for more than 25 years and have used this product many times and most of the time it worked well and on a deck that I did last year it failed miserably.

Within 6 months everything peeled.

The entire industry has been reformulating there products and after consulting with a competitors national expert on coatings I was informed that nobody has it right but there working on it. You also have to take into consideration the type od wood and the possibility that there in human error and they made a bad batch of stain

We had the exact same issue!! We applied it correctly -- took all necessary steps /precautions.

Peeled after one season. We called Olympic .

They told us because we applied 2 coats, the second coat "negated" the first coat and that is why it peeled. BS

@hardworker

The same thing happened to us. We followed instructions,etc.

We had to go back to the store Lowe's for another bucket of stain and had the same result.

Our deck looks awful and it will be a big job to get the few spots left clean. Very unhappy with this stain.

I had the same problem. The stain is peeling off after the first winter.

I don't know how to get it all off and start over. It looks awful and paint chips everywhere. I have grand children and they are picking them up.

I hope they never eat a paint chip!!! New use Olympic Rescue it stain.

View more comments (51)
Review
#121956 Review #121956 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowe's should hire cleaning people | Lowes review from Albany, New York

iI'm A costumer at Lowe's and I really don't like how this store treat they own employees as servents.They showld have they own cleaning department they shouldn't have employees cleaning the store.Especially the bathrooms that is very sad how this company with a lot money and they use thths people like this that as low the can get.Also they let other employees threat bad the others cashiers like they are nothing with no respect.Most the time I don't have help and see managers walking by and the are in the phone and no ask if I need help.Lowe's talk thing about other store but don't really look them self first.

i worked for lowes a VERY short time. i was hired as a CASHIER!!!!!!!!

yet i found myself pushing carts, and being asked to clean *** off of a toilet seat, which i did not do! in my job title, i did not agree to cleaning restrooms, or pushing carts, i have great retail experiance with my previous jobs, who i have left out of boredom. i thought owes would be a fun enviroment until i realised all the young girls are 18 and already have 15 kids, as well as being full time alcoholics. cleaning people should be hired, why would it be degrating for a CLEANING person to CLEAN.

cashiers are for ringing up sales, customer service, and greeting.

if i wanted side work, i would have been a server.thank god i only have to work voluntarily because i get bored sitting at home all day! iv decided works just not for me!

aRE YOU TO PROUD TO CLEAN THE BATHROOMS. yOU SHOULD BE HAPPY YOU EVEN HAVE THAT JOB.

sOME PEOPLE WOOULD BE HAPPY TO GET PAID TO CLEAN THE BATHROOMS. iF YOU DO NOT WANT TO CLEAN THE BATHROOMS QUITE YOUR JOB AND GO TO COLLEGE.

aND IF YOU QUITE YOUR JOB STAY OFF OF WELLFAIR. yOUR ARE A *** ***.

So Lowes should let go of the people they are paying to clean, or take those hours away from them, and pay a cleaning crew because the work is degrading? So wouldn't they be degrading the cleaning people? Who cares what you are doing as long as you are getting paid for it...

***..By the way no matter what you say in your first line, we all know you are an employee, not a customer, or costumer or whatever you wrote, alothough I am suprised you were able to fill out the app by yourself.**

Where the *** did you go to grammar school?? It is tough times right now.

If you own that business you would not have spent the payroll that company does to keep their Great looking stores.

If you don't like working there and don't want to clean bathrooms.. go somewhere else and work in a filthy dump like yourself...

View more comments (3)