store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Lowe's damaged my house and fired my husband because of it!!! | Lowes review from Fayetteville, Arkansas

When Lowe's delivered sheetrock to my house one of the delivery drivers wrote on my concrete floor that was to be stained, with permenant marker! The marks were in 3 rooms and the largest area written on measured 5 inches tall by 18 inches long! We tried every chemical and nothing removed it and the stain wouldn't cover it. During another delivery of trim the same delivery driver put 2 holes in my walls. Here is the wrost part my husband was the store manager at this store and he consulted his boss who suggested that my husband file an insurance claim through Lowe's to cover the extra cost that Lowe's had caused. Well, Lowe's covered the cost of the damages but my husband was fired in retaliation over filing the claim. Oh and the person who not only damaged my house once by TWICE still has a job.
Nicole

wow trevor, that was uncalled for. No i totally believe it bc i worked there for 2 years and saw some shady *** happen, always had to watch my back. He shouldve just fixed it himself....good luck :)

Perhaps we are not hearing the whole story here of why the husband was fired? Also what kind of "man" is he if he can't write his own letter and needs his wife to do it. He probably only got married because his mother refused to do his work for him and told him to grow up.

You may want to contact a lawyer because this may be a "wrongful termination", especially if it was your husbands boss who suggested he file the claim in the first place! If that person had done that kind of damage to anyone elses house, you can bet your booty those people would be filing a lawsuit AND that person would probably been fired or at least severely disciplined for his actions.

Lowes Manager

Tried to give me a floor model. | Lowes review from Monroe, North Carolina

I purchased a new washer & dryer at Lowes in Monroe, NC. I was going to have them delivered. When she told me cannot deliver until Tuesday, I decided to pick them up. (They guarantee next day delivery.) Went back to get. Took more than 20 mintues to bring to front of store. Then they tried to give me the floor model. It was broken. Then they said they would go to another store and get me the washer & deliver & set it up. Well 4 hours later, I am still waiting. Customer service sucks at Lowes. I will be going to Home Depot from now on.

You can't make customers like you happy. Just to let you know when you throw a fit and scream and ***, we are all watching the tapes laughing at you in the back... Go to home depot you piece of trash...

?!?!?!?! is completely wring.

If a Lowes employee is in the middle of doing something for a customer, they should tell the next customer "I will be with you in a moment" or have then use one of the phones or buzzers to get help.... The first customer is the one who should get served first.

Just common sense. Good training would show Lowes employees how to fend off interruptions in a way that keeps everyone happy.

I currently work at lowes and i understand that you as a customer you do not see the behind the scences and do not understand what our in stock shelves look like in the back. More than likely the associate helping you with your products was walking to the back to retreive your order and in the process was stopped by another customer and he continued to assist them as you would expect him to do for you.

once he finally got free to head to the back he probably had to find a forklift and pull the product off the shelf and then he would have had to find a dolly and wheel it to the front which he could have also been stopped by a customer. im sorry that you were being impatient that day and that associate was doing his job by providing customer service, it just so happened that you were selfish and that service was not directed soley towards you.

next time you come to the store please head to the customer service desk and tell them your name and we will ensure we have some cheese to go with your wine. have a nice *** day!

Review

Failed to deliver when they said they would. | Lowes review from Belhaven, North Carolina

My wife and I went to Lowe's in Cleveland, Tenn. to purchase a refrigerator. We drove 170 miles to Cleveland because we are building a cabin nearby. We purchased the refrigerator and set up a time the next week to meet them at our cabin. The next Saturday, March 1, we drove another 170 miles, one way to Lowe's, and was told they couldn't deliver the appliance that day. No, I'm sorry, no let me make this up to you, nothing. I have been a life long and loyal customer at Lowe's. Looks like it's big orange time for me now. Maybe they can deliver on their promises. Phil Thornton

They did the same to us. Paid the washer/ dryer in full in April. Delivery schedule changed twice. On the morning the 2nd scheduled delivery day Lowe's called saying "No delivery today. Missing a washer." We were told "It's not Lowe's fault. Manufacturer oversold the products."

I would apprecitate a call the day before if there isn't a delivery the next day. We just gave away our working washer/dryer the day before in anticipation of the new appliances delivery the next day. Also, people take time off work waiting for home delivery. We now have to *** from work again to the 3rd delivery. By they way, they don't know when they can deliver yet because they still can't find the washer/dryer anywhere in the USA.

Lowe's: you shouldn't have taken my money in full if you can not guarantee a delivery more than a month after we paid you. We are out of money with no products and have to go to laundrymat to do our laundry.

No more Lowe's for me.

Boo hoo hoo.

Maybe you should have called first? If it was that much of a hassle why didn't you just borrow the store delivery pickup truck and take it right then?

View more comments (1)

Lowes Lies

We went to Lowes in Dyersburg, they didn't have enough floor tiles in the pattern we picked. They called the store in Union City. They had plenty. The caller, Marie, said they had plenty and would hold them till closing that night. We arrived at that store at 4:00 pm. All the tiles they had were setting on the shelf. They acted as if they knew nothing about the phone call. They sent no one to help us. We went and got a buggy and loaded 11 boxes of tile,paid, took it to our car and loaded them into the car. We are two older ladies. I think someone should have offered help. I think they should not tell people they will hold something and then not. If someone came and bought the tiles, our 78 mile trip would have been wasted. I will be shopping else where from now on.

Ok... here is what you do...

go buy a tape recorder... (a good one) and when you make huge purchases or um maybe (have convos with the hr) and they say things that aren't ethical and threaten or lie... its all on tape...

unfortunately you can't use it in court but you can on YOUTUBE!!! :)

hiding it in court hush money or just telling the public that keeps them open on....

If you shop at Lowes you should not have to ask for help - if you work there it is your job to approach customers and offer help! No wonder they had that *** campaign with the "Ask me" buttons - what are you too busy talking to another associate to see that two older ladies needed help?

Get out of retail with that attitude. Maybe you could be a prison guard instead.

Sounds like 1) Marie was presumptous and or ill informed - they should have offered to sell you the tiles over the phone then there would be no question. There is no holding because so many people never come to get their held items.

2) poor morale due to understaffing or poor mgt. - how could no one offer to help?

That is really sad. Better luck next time.

I think they were pissed at Union City store. Sounds like "marie" called from Dyersburg location to Union City location for the customer.

the problem is if we hold stuff for customers we would have nothing on the shelf, we have people ask you to hold stuff over the phone and never come in and buy it and we have no place to hold all this stuff, luckly they had the tile, and you should of asked if you didnt help loading were not mind readers

I am sorry you feel this way about Lowe's in Dyersburg. I understand your anger.

I don't see how you will let one incident stop you from returning. I can tell you have never worked in retail, or you would have much more understanding. As a tip for next time in any retail store, just seek help from an employee, had you ask for assistance you would have been catered to. As far as holding an order, it is against store policy.

And as always THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING AT LOWE'S! Have a great day.

sd

View more comments (6)
Loss

Washer and Dryer | Lowes review from Alexandria, Virginia

Three men showed up and only one spoke English. They installed the washer but neglected to remove the rods inside it which are temporarily installed to keep the drum from moving during delivery. I didn't know this and it almost destroyed the washer when it went into the spin cycle. The dryer was missing a piece that connected the unit to the exhaust vent. They told me that I would have to contact Lowe's about it and just left it there uninstalled. On top of that they wanted me to tip them before they left. Worst service ever.

On behalf of Lowe's I am so sorry... I hope those delivery drivers got fired!

I know if they were my delivery driver in my store I would have fired them! Again sorry!

Lowes Delivery Service

Lowe's sour relations | Lowes review from Roseburg, Oregon

Lowe's corporate never fully underestimated the value of a potential new customer. I'm a business owner having over 75 million in annual sales, recently bought a fourth farm and 2,500 acres. Yesterday, I went to a local Lowe's for a purchase. I asked their department sales rep for a quote on 300,000 of product at volume discount. He gave me an instant nasty look and said "hey just WTF is this, who are you?" He didn't realize who so I told him, he didn't believe and walked off like an ***. I went to the manager and the employee *** his pants when he discovered who he just blew. I love it. The United States of America ya must Love it or Leave it!
Sapphirerain91

*** WAH WAH WAH! Who the *** CARES if you bought some many such and such acres?

Just cause you got money honey doesn't mean you can make us a doormat. Hit the road next time.

Yeah, I totally agree with the posters here. If Mr.

300K came into my Lowes, I'd say "Thank you, sir" and quote him the price i give ALL my customers, whether they spend 300K or $300. And quite frankly, I'd be more inclined to give a break to the poor guy who can only go the $300 than Mr. Deep Wallet who can afford the cost, he just wants to let everyone know how "important" he is, or thinks he is. No doubt he's compensating for something else that's rather small....And yeah, those clowns come into our Lowes EVERY morning, fill up on the free coffee, spill it down their shirts, scratch themselves, then leave to go down to the next home improvement place for their free coffee and doughnuts.

Then ya know what?

by then it's lunch time, more BSing @ McDonalds, tootle around in their pickem up truck and before ya know it, it's quittin' time. Yep....Gotta get home to that 6-pack and get ready to repeat tomorrow morning.

This guy has no job and wants to *** people off and get his FREE cup of coffee. Probably homeless *** with no life

Being a contractor I spend a lot per month there, but then so do a lot of other people. People who toot their own horn and say I spent X amount of money there, didn't, and want people to think they are important.

I am in both lowes and HD nearly everyday, I know the people at both they know me, if you spent that much they would know you too, you lie.

By the way if you were buying 300k of 1 item you would buy directly from the manufacturer, so stop lying and leave us real contractors alone, you just clog up the store, *** off employees and in general make my life harder. Get bent.

I seriously doubt anyone *** their pants" and I also question the 300K. I'm willing to bet that you're one of the guys who goes into a Lowes store every morning and tries to beat someone up on a price and then leaves afte your second or third cup of FREE coffee without buying anything.

i hate *** customers who say "i spend $300000 a month in this place!" yeah dude! so ***! it happens everyday...

300k? huh.

Your complaint lacks details. Lowe's stopped selling cattle back in the 1950's, perhaps that is what confused the employee.

View more comments (6)
Lowes Manager

Our lowes experience

My wife and i were at the store in osage beach mo, shopping for items for a remodel home that we have purchased. We were in the small appliance area heading to the check out counters when my wife accidently bumped into an employee there. there were two employees walkiing side by side and my wife walked into one of them and the man said move people. at first i thought it was a joke but by his actions and things said beyond that it clearly was not. One of the things i heard him say were this is why i would rather work the night crew. no customers... after that we left all of our items in the cart and left. i did not see his name on his uniform but he was a very tall heavyset man. due to this problem we had we will never shop at lowes again.

I just wonder how much your wife weighs... 3-400 lbs? I mean, most people can sidestep others, but if your wife ends up running into the guy - then that must be a whole lot of woman....

#20215

he would have said he was sorry for saying it, or I would have beat his sissy ***!!! then gave him a one on one lesson in how to be polite to a woman who meant him no harm, in the parking lot .I bet his father has also taught him how to drink beer and beat his future wife.

View more comments (1)

Lack of Cashiers at Lowe's | Lowes review from Tampa, Florida

At 10:30 AM at Lowe's Winter Haven Store, there were no customer cashiers on duty except one in customer service. There were self-service cashier not operating propertly. Upon speaking to the store manager Steve McPherson, he was not concerned, imoplite and said to use the cust. svc. cashier, who was very busy and distraught. Very poor customer relations at this store. This is not the first complaint I've had with Lowe's in the Winter Haven, Fla Store. P. Stringfellow, 863-294-3673. Call me anytime to hear it personally. Paul Stringfellow, 1-863-294-3673

Try Menards

I've had the same problem with Lowe's and Home Depot.

But you know what..

I got over it.

Try it sometime pal!

Whey would you shop at a store you had so many problem with??? Move on try Home Depot..

Lowes Cashier

Lowe's does not honor its' own return policy | Lowes review from Buffalo, New York

I bought an item at one Lowe's store and tried to return it the next day at a different Lowe's store. The item ( a makeup mirror )was in perfect condition in it's original wrapping and carton accompanied by my credit card receipt. Store # 2 refused the return because that particular store did not stock that item. Lowe's stated return policy as seen on their website specifically states "return to any Lowe's store". That is not true. Their policy statement needs to be modified to read " if it is convenient for Lowe's". Then it would be true. My convenience be damned.
#1195587

you sound like a bawl *** whining about everything and why would you return something to a different Lowe's store than it was first purchased?

First of all you cannot control a specific persons actions or judge it off of a few people for a company that is all over the country with thousands of employees u can counteract with a rude employee at any store you walk into the sun will rise again tomorrow don't worry and customers need to not work themselves up so much about materialistic items that can easily be replaced if you didn't like a persons attitude take their name and report that person to their manager it's simple and they will be talked to and maybe they will change If not they will face the circumstances but it's such a general statement to say that associates have attitudes and are rude because the actual good employees Never get acknowledged for their hard work and they start not to care if the managers don't care then the employees will follow their lead bad managers cause for bad employees and no recognition cause for resentful employees which hurts customer service if you have a happy environment with helping people and they hire people and train them well then things would go a lot smoother customers and employees would in turn be a lot happier

Actually it depends on ur bank how long it takes to credit back if it was a debit card we can give u cash back no problem but we can't tell u the exact days it takes for u to get credited back so relax yourself

lowes ***

If it's not in their system they can't just add it in. If it's non stock to that store how do you expect it to be done? It's easier to go back to the store you bought it from

#962044
@Anonymous

There is ZERO customer service at Lowes. I hate to tell you but Lowe's is NOT independently owned or operated.

They are a corporation ! They CAN send the item to the store that does stock the item IF they cared about their customers. Then this discussion would NOT be happening. But they do NOT care at all about their customers.

They hire some of the laziest, rudest people on the planet.

I honestly have NO idea with there lack of concern for customer satisfaction how their doors are still open. Oh and BTW thus topic was a very MINOR experience to the one I have had with Lowe's

@Anonymous

I called to get info so I would not waste a drive. I was hung up on 5 times.

Finally I get a person, instead of their rotten voice ***, and she says, I'm busy with a customer...........what am I a piece of ***............it cost them a pretty large sale............will never deal with them again. Oh, the clerk was Laura, at the 2929 W Thunderbird, phx, az, store.......If I had EVER done that to a client I would have been fired before I could take another breath........So I totally agree with Anonymous, from Ocala, Fla

@Just not worth their time

Why do you feel you are more important than the customer than she was helping? How would you feel if you were in the store being helped and another customer stepped between you and the salesperson that was help you and the salesperson started helping that person?

Do you think your phone call was any different?

She did the right thing wanting to finish with the customer she was working with before answering your questions. Your attitude is extremely rude.

@Anonymous

You sound like a Home Depot employee, your customer service skills (you don't have any) need to be addressed, preferably when they fire your ***!

@Anonymous

To the dippy one chastising with no commen sense. Anyone trained properly knows one transaction at a time.

If she was dealing with a customer she shouldnt have answered the phone to help another. And using the butting in line analogy totally made u look ***. Hence how was the caller to know she was servicing someone else. The employee answering the phone put the caller in front of the customer.

Id rather that phone ring like crazy as a customer. Because i know then your busy.

Then have some rude *** hang up on me repeatedly.

View more comments (95)
Product
Lowes Website

Lowes not honoring my rebate

We purchased the Dewalt 6 piece 18 volt tool kit which came with a rebate of a free tool. Well after several months and many different excuses we still haven't received our free tool. We were first told that it was shipped, then we were told it was lost by UPS and being tracked but they refused three times to give us a tracking number. Then we were told it was re-submitted. Now we're told that it was kicked out because of an error. We have a copy of what we filled out and there are no errors. We just plain got ripped off and I can't believe it is Lowe's, a place where I spent thousands of dollars. I'm trying to file this with better business bureau and am going to talk to a lawyer to see if anything can be done. Any advise would be appreciated. M. Strickland

I have had mixed experiences with returning stuff to Lowes. I bought a set of Kobalt Power Tools for $400 and the drill went out after 6 months.

I took it in and they told me they no longer carried the set so they couldn't replace it for me. I was told I would have to bring in the whole set and take a store credit and buy a new set. I pointed out to the manager that they sold the same drill as a stand alone product and I just wanted one of those.

After about an hour of fighting with 3 people I finally got my drill. But other times I go in without a reciept or box and they hand me cash without asking questions.

The rebate that came with this item.....was offered by DEWALT...not Lowes you *** ***!

Lowes is the middle man in this deal...trying to get you something for nothing. They are so horrible for trying to get Dewalt to give you something for free...

Woe is me...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

You are so right about them. They do not honor their rebates.

They will, if anything, expect you to have more documentation and information than is possible, like the FR transfer time of funds if you used a debit card for the purchase or will not respond after you do provide information.

They owe me for 2 on paint and another on a faucet. I did a charge back on my credit card on all successfully.

Loss