I never write reviews, and this one may seem petty as it involves a small amount, but it seems to signify the problem sometimes. Big companies stealing small amounts from millions of people. We forget that counting to a million (or billion) starts with 1.

A package of Eveready batteries has a bold $5.00 rebate sticker attached. When you get home and submit for the Lowes rebate it's rejected as not meeting the $15 minimum expenditure. The batteries are priced at 14.99 before tax. BTW, at Home Depot, where I bought batteries to replace the ones I returned to Lowes the same battery package is priced at 15.38.

All I can think and say is shame on Lowes. Going forward it's Home Depot and Duracell Coppertops for me.

I'm not looking for any Lowes contact, just wanted others to beware and be informed shoppers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Rebate.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: nothing.

Comments

I guess it pays to read the terms of the rebate before you submit it. If the rebate says you get a $5 rebate on a purchase of $15 or more, I'd make sure I had purchased $15 worth or batteries even if it meant purchasing another battery. Sorry, but $14.99 is less than $15 and doesn't meet the requirements.

to Anonymous #1670280

You miss the point. At purchase there is no indication of the $15 requirement.

That's the issue. Con marketing.

From your comment, perhaps you think that's ok. I returned the batteries rather than give my money to entities that practice such deceptive advertising.