filters
City:
Product:

Lowes - Roof Installation

Lowes - Roof Installation
In april of 2018 we had a new roof installed through Lowes. It started with a leak around the Chimney. An inspection indicated that it was either the flashing or the area immediately around the flashing. Since the roof was old it was hard to tell. We had several contractors come out and look which is where we got that information. We were told that the roof needed replacing anyway but that once they started doing that they could see if the flashing needed to be replaced as well. We had several bidders and Lowe's "won" the bid, mainly due to their 0 percent financing for x amount of months deal. The lowes inspector/sales person also stated, when I asked about the flashing, that the contractors would inspect the flashing when they replaced the roof and if it needed to be replaced they would do so. Today, February 11th 2019, less than a year later, the roof is leaking again in the same spot. Only this time it is worse and it seems that they did not replace the flashing. I called the 888-516-1010 number given to me by lowes and was told that they would "try" to contact the contractor they hired and see if they could come out and look at it some time. Since it was raining and has been off and on for several days now I explained that the longer the leak was there the more damage it was causing to the ceiling of the house. The service rep replied that they had no control over the contractor so all they could do was try to contact them and see what the contractor wanted to do. This is ridiculous. I didn't hire the contractor I hired Lowe's. They need to accept responsibility and get this problem fixed as soon as possible.

You hit it on the head. YOU didn't hire the contractor.

You let someone else hire a cut rate contractor and mark up their price to make a profit. You are always better off hiring your own contractor so you can research exactly who you are dealing with.

Lowes Roofing
Poor customer service

3.2
Lowes Kitchen Remodel Problems
We purchased a kitchen remodel from Lowes in Fresno, CA. The materials are pretty good and look nice. However, it's been over a year and the project is not complete. There are missing / incorrect pieces that have never been replaced. The contractor seems to have written the project off. Promises are made to order pieces and fix problems. A few parts arrive but no one ever follows up or shows up. Tonight, the garbage disposal literally fell off. There has been a leak under the sink for months that the contractor looked at once and then never came back to fix. Maybe it was because the garbage disposal was not properly installed. Now we don't have a functional kitchen sink and (based on past history) we will have to hire our own plumber to fix the problem if we want it fixed sooner than 2-3 weeks.
Review
Pros
  • Products
  • Products and selection
Cons
  • Contractor
  • Project completion
finish the job
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE
  • Incompleted Contract

2.7
Lowes - Bad Carpet Experience
Four years ago I paid $1200 for carpet for my master bedroom, stairs and hallway. These are low traffic areas but I bought a very good quality carpet. After about 2 years, I noticed a few areas of lose carpet. Another year passed and more waves in my bedroom. Finally this winter I had a contractor out for other work and asked him if he could stretch my carpet. He said he could do it but it was not installed properly and I should be calling Lowes. Not only were there now waves in my bedroom but hallway and on every single step. Called the store multiple times with promises of a return call which never happened. When into the store and they gave me an 800 number which handles their issues. They advised me the warranty is only one year. I sent pictures and a statement from the contractor and finally they agreed to send their contractor to review. Their contractor told me it wasn't the installation but just bad carpet. Lowes then called me and told me I would need to pay $550 to have the carpet restretched. Now if it was bad carpet, would I pay to have it restretched. I would only have it restretched if it were installed incorrectly. I have not been able to get a call back from Lowes. I have purchased carpet from them for two other houses with no issues. I have original carpet in my living room and two other bedrooms upstairs that is tight and has no issue other than normal wear. There is obviously something very wrong. I have been a loyal Lowes customer for 25 years. I am also getting ready to for a major kitchen remodel which I typically would have gone to them for my countertops, etc. They could care less. I have paid off my account, canceled my card and will NEVER step foot in there again.

Why do you expect them to cover the cost of re-stretching after 3 years? By making the purchase you agreed that the one year warranty was reasonable. If you thought the warranty should have been longer you should have tried to find someone (unlikely) that offered a longer warranty.

@Anonymous

Do you think it is reasonable to have your carpet all loose and wavy after this time period? This is not my first rodeo buying carpeting.

I have never had this happen over the course of 30+ years. Especially since this was not "value priced" carpet or padding and in a very low traffic area.

1yr l sucks for you

You did the right thing - you voted with your wallet and your feet. You've left and are not likely to return.

I like that : you gave them a chance, they blew it, and you don't want anymore treatment like that.

Good for you. I would have put it in writing for the record and served my complaint to both the manufacturer and installer via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Carpet Installation
Cons
  • Poor installation
  • Disregard for loyal customer
  • Managment will not contact me
Damaged or defective
  • Lowes Bad Carpet

Lowes - Changing sales prices in the middle of sale

Lowes - Changing sales prices in the middle of sale
This company makes change in the middle of there sale just because they can and they want behind there customers i saved this in my cart and was going to buy from them after i made sure it was the best for me and i shopped around and everyone who had this frig was the same price as i looked. But they all changed there adds and price went up so lowes in the middle of there add changed there price and tried telling me i was looking at another frige and i told then no it was the same one that has been in cart for over 5 days. They try to make the customer look like there wrong while there really cheating us for there mistakes. Such bull buyers beware.

It says right on their website, WEEKLY ADS. So they change. and saving it in the cart does nothing but keep it for you so you don't have to search it again.

Just because you put an item in your cart doesn't mean any store will hold a price till you pull the trigger and make the purchase. The price was good the day you put it there.

After that the price may stay the same, go up or go down. I can pretty much guarantee you wouldn't have made a post complaining if the price had gone down and they wanted to charge you less than the price it was when you put it in the cart.

@Anonymous

Like i said if you would have read everything. The sale said till the 9th and it’s not the 9th yet and me pulling the trigger shouldn’t Matter if the sale hasn’t ended.

I have never had a sale Change in the middle of it.

So your logic means *** about it dropping it shouldn’t go up until it ends. I’m just saying

@Anonymous

That’s the way it works with all retailers on the internet. They have the right to change the price at any time. With Lowe’s, to lock in the price, you can go to the store and get a written estimate which is good for up to 30 days.

@Anonymous

Prices continually change on the internet. If a competitor drops their prices you will see prices fall and move back up as the competitor raises their price back up.

Lets say Lowes sale price started at $999 and Best Buy dropped their price to $899 on the 3rd, Lowes would follow. If on the 5th, Best Buy went to $999 Lowes would take their price back to $999.

Putting the item in your cart on the 4th won't get you the $899 price on the 6th. If you see a price on the internet you like pull the trigger and make the purchase.

@Anonymous

Clearly the poster's logic means more than your banal and stupid complaint. How do I know, you told us the logic is sound by not getting what you wanted loser... Please do not reproduce.

View more comments (5)
Lowes Deal
Pricing issue
Lowes - Synchrony Bank was fined $225MM for consumer credit card fraud
...And they are still up to their old tricks. Lowes goaded me into taking a Lowe's credit card to get 5% discount on purchases in some in-store promo. I've had the card about 6 months. I don't use it much. Last month, I had a whopping $24.18 balance which I paid, but...

I wince everytime I read these stories, I too found out NEVER NEVER fall for the "you can save _____ today if you only sign up for our credit card" line. On a very large purchase, in the thousands, I STILL find it hard to turn down, but I bite my lip, and take a deep breath, and say a loud and final "NOT interested".

Can't do it completely anymore, but I now realize how right my parents were to live without ANY credit cards at all. Eventually they had to call ME to help as they were no longer able to purchase an airline ticket or reserve a hotel room ! Too bad we've come to the point that to get the privilege of paying the true and honest price of an item, we HAVE to take our a credit card.

Being a loyal customer, spending thousands at a business year in and year out, does not qualify a person for a discount, for that you must take out a credit card. Very sad we encourage this, even with folks who will likely be harmed by additional credit cards.

View more comments
Product
Lowes Credit Card
Cons
  • Sunchrony bank -who killed my relationship with lowes
Poor customer service
Full refund

Lowes in South Burlington, Vermont - Kitchen Counter Top

1.4
Lowes - Kitchen Counter Top
In 2013 bought a kitchen counter top from Lowes store 1913 to the tune of $1638.74. 5 years late the counter top is junk. Is 1 l-shaped piece. Join was concealed. It has cracked and is coming apart. Called Lowes for help and got none. Installation was only good for 1 year. Salesman no longer works there. Counter top vendor has gone out of business and installer has nothing to do with it. Called the store to get some advice about getting it fixed. Nothing. Lowes sells junk. Would never purchase anything like this again.

What exactly are you expecting them to do? You purchased a product with a 1 year guarantee.

It is now 4 years beyond the the time the guarantee expired.

Why would you expect them to be responsible for the repair? Look for a company that specializes in countertop repair in your area and have them come out and see if they can re-glue the seam for you.

@Anonymous

I didn't expect them to be responsible for the repairs. I tried to get advice from them to lead me in the correct direction to get the repairs done.

Asked for help in finding someone. I did not expect them to pay for it.

@Anonymous

So you put a monetary loss of $1700 because they wouldn’t give you free advice?

View more comments (2)
Product
Countertop
Bad quality

Lowes in Jacksonville, Florida - Vanity & Bathroom Remodel

Lowes - Vanity & Bathroom Remodel
I wrote a review on the primary Lowes website, but it was never posted. The project ran two weeks over schedule. After the demolition, it was 17 days before the next workman came out. Workmen show up one day unannounced. On another day, they were expected and never showed up or called. Their boss had sent them to another job. Lowes promised to send someone out to hang a toilet paper holder they forgot to order and never did. The toilet was installed with the shutoff valve so close, it's no longer usable. Overall the quality of the work was good.
Lowes Installation
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Bring the shutoff valve up to code.
2.8
Lowes - Lowe's Bait and switch-Troy-Bilt Storm 2410 24-in Two-stage Gas Snow Blower
Lowes You all lie and are now trying to bait and switch me to this sell me CRAFTSMAN 600 24-in Two-stage Gas Snow Blower Self-propelled I order a Troy-Bilt Storm 2410 24-in Two-stage Gas Snow Blower Self-propelled go a notice it was going to be delivered on 12/06/2018...

same as the other anon's. they could've just cancelled your order since they were sold out.

at least they offered a comparable product (which they come from the SAME manufacturer) and match the price. which is like a difference of $200!

you know how much money they lost? yet still, they did that to satisfy customers

View more comments
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Troy-bilt storm 2410 24-in two-stage gas snow blower
  • Website pricing
Cons
  • Bait and switch
Reason of review
I was lied to in a bait and switched
  • Bait And Switched

2.7
Lowes - Advertised price not honored
Lowes.com had a mulitpositon ladder advertised on their website for about $35 , I purchased 2 of them, completed order, received a comformation email . The next day, I received an email from Lowes.com informing me that the price was incorrect and was a clerical error and they were cancelling the order. Just that quick, no regret, no remorse, no compensation for me or my time or the fact that my funds are on hold waiting to be returned to my account. This is not my first problem with purchasing at lowes.com , other times had orders cancelled becasue the item was no longer in stock although their inventory system stated there were several available. I am only one person and Lowes.com will surely not notice me not buying from them anymore, so I come here to vent my frustrations

Other retailers do the same things.

Take a minute to scroll to the bottom of the opening page of their site and hit Terms and conditions. Reading through it you will find they can not and do not guarantee the accuracy of many things including prices.

By reading their terms and conditions you will be left to believe that you can't believe anything you see on their site and that they will take absolutely no responsibility for anything related to anything you see there. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Did not honor advertised pricing
  • Poor customer service from corporate - 800-445-6937
Pricing issue
Price reduction

Lowes in Iowa City, Iowa - Is this the 90's?!

Lowes - Is this the 90's?!
I live in a state with snowy winters. Today, I decided to finally get a snow blower as the one I had kept my eye on was on sale - normally $599, sale price $399. Sounds like a no-brainer. Except, Lowe's website sucks. If you add the snow blower into the cart, it reverts to the original price. Tried multiple times and it finally went into the cart at the sales price. Went through the check out process, got all the way to the review cart section, when the price was showing the normal price. If I hadn't noticed the discrepancy, I would've lost out on $200 because of their garbage site. I have since tried multiple times to get this to work - literally wasting 30 minutes for a simple purchase. I still don't have a purchase, because when the sales price is reflected properly, you cannot input a credit card option. I feel like the site needs a major overhaul, I have never been this frustrated with an internet purchasing since the 1990's. Guess I'm going to Home Depot instead, what a waste.

Rather than wasting all that time on line why not just go to the store and buy one?

@Anonymous

He is one of 2 types of people. First one is he is one of those people who would rather be the 20th person in mcdonalds drive thru and sit for a half hour in his idling car while playing on his phone instead of parking, getting out of his car and going the front counter where there is a cashier waiting for someone to walk in.

Or he is the type to search day and night for significantly underpriced misprints and then be a D--K to the store employees insisting he is able to buy the item for the very low misprint price. if the item was a online misprint and he goes in store the salesman and cashier would be aware of the significant error and he would have the pay the intended price.

@Anonymous

Hey Anonymous November 26th, you’re giving away your tell. On a quiet Monday night when you get home from working at Lowes it’s time to take to the interweb to release your anger on those who may have maligned your master.

It’s pretty presumptuous to believe this consumer is male. Was it because the purchase was for a snowblower or because they couldn’t manage to checkout online?

@TskTsk

Touched a nerve did I? You must be one of those D—K customers I was talking about.

Looking down your nose at the customer service people, wanting something for nothing, acting like a child when they don’t get their way.

It’s pretty presumptuous of you to believe I work for Lowe’s. I know it’s a male who wrote the post just the same way I know you are a female.

@TskTsk

That’s hilarious. Who would of thought there’ be trolling on this site.

How many times a day is your Nov.

26th dude checking in? Hook, Line, & Sinker!

@TskTsk

LOL.... Not a played out, tired, banal and lame version of "you must work for(insert company)" meme better known as the "Loser's Lament." This response is typical of losers who can't handle a comment that doesn't support their idiotic narrative. Thanks for providing a great example loser...

View more comments (5)