Rating: 4 Stars Clear all filters (177 of 4920 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Show
Rating:

Lowes review in Lewes, Delaware: Sussex County, DE Store #0658

3.8
Tuesday, 9/25/2018, on or about 1:00 PM Purchased 15 bags of garden Mulch from garden center. Was told to drive around to Pick-Up gate and store employees would load items into vehicle. Gate locked and no one in sight except another customer waiting for the same thing. I went back into store and came across 5 employees discussing how to set up artificial "Christmas Trees" for store display. They told me 4 folks were currently working in the garden area. Came across 2 male employees who had absolutely NO interpersonal communications skills and projected an 'attitude' of frustration and disdain. They NEVER acknowledged or spoke to me about my order. I was nothing more than a pain in the butt to both of them. I ended up loading my own Mulch because I was sick of waiting and they never even checked my sales ticket. This type of customer service should not to be tolerated and it is obvious that this store has major issues with their lack of personnel management. Home Depot is my next stop!
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Product quality
Cons
  • Total lack of service and cooperation
Poor customer service

Lowes review: Chat help on site absurdly wastes your time

3.5
Try to get a simple quick answer to a question about ordering, and you are subjected to a query about you before you can ask a question. Angered me so I decided not to order. Ridiculous that they are so data greedy they can't just answer a question. Lowe's was top of my choices, and I have spent thousands of dollars there, Topeka store, in recent years, but today it just fell completely off the list! I am so fed up with manipulative data grabs.

Lowes review: Order "in process" for weeks and weeks

3.5
When I place an order, I expect an update when the order is expected to ship/arrive. Lowes NEVER updates customers. I have had to call on every single purchase I've made, carpet, wood floor, stove, refrigerator, stove hood/fan. NEVER does Lowes send update nor do they update their website to show tracking or shipping information. They have the WORST Customer Service of any retail store I've ever dealt with. As a matter of fact, I've resorted to driving to carpet manufacturers in Dalton, GA to avoid buying floor covering from Lowes ever again. I've spent thousands (approximately $10,000+ with Lowes over the past 6 months) and never received so much as a Thank you for your business email. Lowes is off my radar on all future purchases.
Olivia K

Yes. Horrible don't care at all!

Lowes Shipping Service
Cons
  • Customer service order update information
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes review in Denton, Texas: Deind able to return product.

3.7
A while back me and my wife purchased some moen Caldwell faucets from you'll because we were trying to remodel our master bathroom. But I was told I had prostate cancer an everything was put on hold so now that we are able to go forward with our project we fine out that the faucets were the wrong ones an all I wanted was to exchange them for the right ones or store credit because I was going to turn around an spend the money there anyway . But the gave me such a hard time saying they couldn't without a receipt which I no longer had it real gave me a sour feeling about shopping at Lowes anymore.....

Receipts are the key to a smooth return no matter where you shop. First of all they prove you purchased the product rather than stole it.

Next, they prove what you paid for the product. They also prove you purchased the product at their store rather than a competitor. It sounds like you have had the faucets sitting around for a while.

It is possible that the faucets are no longer a stock item as well. If in fact the faucets are worth $845 you would be hard pressed to find any store willing to take this amount of merchandise back without a receipt.

@Anonymous

I'm sorry but not everyone holds on to a small piece of paper called a receipt! It's not uncommon for someone to misplace a receipt either.

A huge store such as Lowes should have the option to "look up" by card- if paid by CC/debit.

To be denied a merchandise credit is overall just wrong! C'mon Lowes you can do better than that!

@Steph

They do have the option of using your card to find the item. However, this is only good for up to 2 years.

If they cannot find it through your card, there is nothing they can do.

Most moen faucets require a receipt because they are a high theft item. The register will quite literally deny the return without proper proof.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Products
Cons
  • Return policy
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Lowe s Corporate

Lowes review in Brockport, New York: Fence purchase and install

3.5
Joe the fence salesman was a very nice guy, However, it took over 4 weeks for install and on the day they dropped it off i noticed the gates that were suppose to be 5 feet wide were small. The installer said they were the wrong size. They showed up with 4 feet gates but i could not wait with 2 dogs. Installer Chinappis said they could make an 8 foot gate out of the 2 4s and for 250. more dollars get me a 5 foot gate so i really had no choice. Lowe's told me they would make it right and that i would receive a call from corporate which still has not happened a week later.When it was done i checked it all later that day and they had completely forgotten to use fence ties to the poles on an entire side. my dogs would have only had to push and the fencing would lift right up. If i had to do again i would not use Lowe's but a professional fence company. The installer was a landscape and fence company but their work was shoty. How in the world do you forget fence ties. Also i should not have had to pay an extra 250. I do like having the 8 foot gate on 1 side and 5 ft on the other but the point is i was forced into that decision or wait another several weeks maybe. I did not feel like the fence company owner really cared.
Lowes Fence Installation
Bad quality
Loss

Lowes review: Disappointed with additional costs after installation

4.1
I already gave a good rating on the phone to my Lowe's fence installers on day of completion here in Pensacola, even though they left without installing the second gate. They said tree roots prevented then ftom digging deep enough--with a manual post-hole digger--to sink the larger gate post. I believed them. When someone came to work on my sprinkler system a few days later, he brought an auger and installed the gate pretty quickly. He also discovered that the fence installers HAD managed to dig deeply enough to bust my water pipe (hence problem with sprinklers). I wouldn't complain, but two years ago, when I bought this house, I bought carpet and arranged for Lowe's to contract with installer six weeks before the day of my move-in. There was delay after delay (install coordinator blamed a new computer system), and installers showed up a few days after all my furniture was in place. So, big mess, they moved furniture outside, and, of course, it rained. Perhaps it is the outsude contractors who are the problem, but I am disappointed that I had to pay an additional fee to someone to fix water pipe and install gate. I am planning to remodel my kitchen and bath, and had hoped to use Lowe's, as my brother has had more positive experiences with them. I will think more carefully about them in the future.
Review
Pros
  • That i was able to use my lowes card to pay over time
Bad quality

Lowes review in Sanford, North Carolina: Poor service

3.5
Paint counter Lowe’s employee walked away, even with me saying excuse me, pressed the button at the service desk an they came back with an attitude “ individual was just standing at the other end of the isle away from the paint counter”. Finish shopping went to check out an register operator double charged I asked to have it removed again attitude an as I watched put it back on this went on three times I had to ask for the extra charge to be removed, continued comments an attitude again, I just stood in shock.

Were you double charged for the paint or did you see a second line added for recycling? In my state there is a state mandated recycling charge added to every paint purchase that has to show up as a separate line on the receipt. It isn't something you can refuse or they can remove.

@Anonymous

No actual double charge for items being bought other than the paint. It was clearly seen due to cost of item a double charge.

I have continued to utilize this same establishment an if certain individuals are working will use other avenues.

I have watched them repeatedly give bad advice, wrong information an poor service. Being the major and only type of store in general area there is little other options.

View more comments (1)
Problems with payment

Lowes review: Beware of ordering online

3.7
A closet shelf wasn't in stock at my neighborhood Lowe's, so I found it online and ordered it delivered to the store, which is 5 minutes from my house. A week later, I received a phone call telling me the shelf was in, so I drove to Lowe's, but it wasn't there. Turns out that rather than delivering the shelf to my local store, Lowe's delivers online merchandise to either the store scheduled to next have that merchandise in stock or for local vendors, the store which is closest to the vendor. So I ended up with a 30 minute drive across the metroplex to pick up a shelf that I thought would be delivered to my local store. Maybe I could have avoided this by going into my local Lowe's and requesting the shelf be delivered there, but that sort of defeats the convenience of online ordering. Lowe's is the only place I know of with such a screwy policy. I order a lot of merchandise online. To avoid delivery fees, I often choose to pick up from the store, and with every other merchant, I get to pick the store where I want to pick up the merchandise. I like Lowe's, but this is a poor policy, so if you shop at Lowe's, keep this in mind if you order anything online.

NOT GOOD LOWES!!

I'm not sure who told this but that isn't how the online system works. You select the store you want it sent to and it sends to that store.

If the product is stock and the store has it in stock, they'll fill the order. If not, they resource it to the closest store available.What may have happened in your case is that the order did not generate a PO (shipping number for packages). Instead it went straight to the store. In this case, they didn't have your shelf.

So they sent it to the next store.

This store is listed on your confirmation email. Which you apparently didn't bother to read.

Judith H
@Pick Up Desk

A Lowes associate who identified herself as the person responsible for online orders in the Lowes store where my shelf was shipped gave me the info. She also said it's not a good policy and she doesn't know why Lowe's doesn't change it.

So silly me, I took her at her word that what she was telling me was accurate.

But you're right, I didn't read the "confirmation email" because I didn't receive a confirmation email. As I said, I'm remodeling my house and I've ordered a lot of merchandise online, from Home Depot, Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Wayfair, and Amazon, to name a few of the places from which I've purchased, but the only store with which I've had this problem is Lowe's.

@Pick Up Desk

Last sentence very rude considering the pick up desk is a representative of the Lowe’s corporation.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Pick Up Service
Pros
  • Quality of the merchandise
Cons
  • That i could not specify my local store for delivery
Reason of review
Not having online merchandise delivered to local store
Preferred solution
Figure out a way, like Crate & Barrel, Macy's, Target, and Home Depot have done, to be able to deliver merchandise ordered online to a local store.

Lowes review: Dead Battery in New JD Mower

3.5
Lowe’s delivered my new JD E130 mower today and when I went to start it up the battery was dead. You would expect when you spend over $2,000 on a mower that the battery should work! I had to take the dead battery out and take it to my local store and exchange it for another battery because the store doesn’t stock JD batteries. Very poor service to have to settle for less than what you just bought brand new!

"outside vendor" is the local John Deere Store closest sets them up. they come pre assembled - the tech is scheduled to set up the machine deck, oil and check over the machine in early march.

Lowes and Home Depot machines. They are the same machine at a John Deere Dealership. No difference!

Lowes and Home Depot are bad at putting gas in the machines (it sits a yr or a few months and the gas is bad) and ruins the carbs. Long time Service Writer at a John Deere Dealership.

Lowe's also does not assemble the JD mowers. An outside vendor for the JD company comes in for assembly. Just a FYI.

View more comments (1)
Product
John Deere E130 Lawn Mower
Damaged or defective

Lowes review in Henderson, Kentucky: Ruined my drive and a portion of landscape with the delivery

3.8
Lowes review - Ruined my drive and a portion of landscape with the delivery
See attached pics for explanation! TERRIBLE business! Will NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN!
Lowes Vehicle Driver