Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in Auburn, Alabama - Lowered my credit limit

1.2
I received a letter stating that Lowe's had lowered my credit limit to basically my balance. The letter stated that I owed them too much LMAO. I have NEVER missed a payment or paid late. I have rental property and have to rely on my Lowe's card at certain times. I asked for my credit limit to be restored to the original limit and they refuse. I will pay off this card and cut it up. I wonder if Home Depot would appreciate my business?? Bye bye Lowe's

There are many factors the the banks look at to determine credit worthiness(see post below). Check your credit report and see what has changed.

The banks are in the business of, and want to lend you money. They wouldn’t lower your credit limit unless there was something that popped up on your credit report that showed you were a higher risk.

This is true even if you had always paid that credit card on time. Chances are, The Home Depot card would give you the same, if not a lower, credit limit.

How could Lowes lower your credit limit when you don't have an account with them? Your account is with an independent credit company that issues a card to be used at Lowes.

The same will be true of Home Depot so don't pull the I'm running to Home Depot BS. There has obviously been a change in your credit rating if they lowered your limit.

AncientEmu452
@Anonymous

Wow!! I understand that the card is issued by an independent bank but the card and the bill both say LOWE'S.

The store where I used the card is called LOWE'S. As for the "pulling the run to Home Depot BS" I'll spend my money any damn where I choose.

How could there be a change in my credit rating with LOWE'S when I have never missed a payment or had a late payment?!?! I guess you didn't bother to read THAT part of my comment though, did you??

@AncientEmu452

Your credit rating can change for a number of reasons. Have you opened other credit accounts?

Has the total amount you owe on credit cards or other loans increased since you opened your account? Has your income changed? All of these things have a bearing on your credit rating and when you opened your account you would have seen a lot of fine print on the application which included the fact that they may from time to time check your credit and adjust your limits accordingly. Check your FICO score with the different credit rating companies and look at your credit report.

Has it gone up or down? If there is an error work with the credit reporting companies to correct it. Of course you have the right to spend your money any where you want. Just be aware that when you open a credit card at Home Depot the account will be with an independent credit company that issues a card with Home Depot on it that can only be used at Home Depot.

Home Depot will have nothing to do with your credit limits. Your real complaint (valid or not) is with the credit company and not the store where their card is used.

@AncientEmu452

your card says lowes but its rules and standard policy is with syncrany bank

View more comments (4)
Product
Lowes Credit Card

Lowes in Jacksonville, North Carolina - The fence that no one built

1.8
Lowes - The fence that no one built
I ordered a white panel fence in July of 2018 and now it’s february 2019. This has been the worst experience ever. First off they brought the wrong material la to My house and left it all in my yard for two months Needless to say my yard looked like a twister hit it. After picking up the material they did nothing for another two months. Materials were dropped off in front of my house on my beautiful manicured yard where they are all still there as of today. The workers did start on the fence and literally I mean started. They were suppose to arrive at 11am but did not show up until 230 and left at 4:15. As of today I have 9 panels up and the two in the back have a one inch gap which was not suppose to occur according to one of the contractors and Lowe’s. I have been billed for this product since July so this should be considered 100% fraudulent . I have called and spoken to so many people since July and still my fence is not complete. I will be requesting a full refund for this disaster and will never use Lowe’s installment again.

Does your state license contractors? If it does you should file a complaint with the state.

It will put pressure on Lowes and their contractors.

In my state they also have a fund to compensate people who have lost money to fraudulent contractors. It could also strip them of their license and help avoid this problem for others in the future.

Lowes Customer Care
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Columbus, Ohio - Customer service

Jim at the Polaris store is the best! He is usually always on the floor to help me as the customer.... not behind a counter or desk. Jim will help you find what you need with pinpoint accuracy. If there is any questioning about alternative products Jim has competent suggestions also. When shopping Lowes be sure to see Jim, the big guy with the smile, Jim is like the Alexa app of Lowes! Don't ask Alexa, ask Jim!! A plus customer service !!!
Lowes Customer Care
Good customer service

Lowes - Never again

Customer service lied to me .The manager lied to me.Lowes over charged me.Worst customer service I had to deal with.They waisted 4 weeks to say that I would have to contact a third party company to complain by writing a certified letter with recieps, picture
Lowes Manager
Problems with payment

Lowes - Not good

Sunday I went to California md Lowes and the lady at register Darlene was rude snatched the money out my hands tried to ask a question and she was talking to another associate and ordering them to get on a register instead of her helping me I was mad and dusrepected she told someone else to finish ringing me up

Lowes - Worst experience ever Albuquerque New Mexico

2.8
Paid for measurement said two days. to get them out there had to call back 5 days later and finally got some one out took two days for them to confirm measurement paid for installation and door that was in stock that day said contractor would call to confirm installation date in two days after receiving paperwork , had to call back again five days later. said contractor was injured.would get me another contractor to do the job four weeks later still no door installed. or scheduled appointment going to call at the end of this week and cancel and go with someone that will give me a definite install date. This is ridiculous Sad Sad Sad
Lowes Door Installation
Cons
  • Whole experience bad

Lowes in Culpeper, Virginia - Website

The WORST website if you happen to have a credit card. Still have not discovered where to pay. And don't even think about customer service.

its on the mailng envolpe when you get your bill and right on the statement and you can go into the store and pay your bill

You don't have an account with Lowes. You have an account with an independent credit company that issues a card for use at Lowes.

Look at your bill for information on where to send your payment. If you have lost your bill, call the customer service number on your.

credit card. They will be able to assist you in sending them a payment.

View more comments (1)
Product
Lowes Website

Lowes - Double charged me for flooring and did not credit me!! DO NOT DEFER PAYMENT!

I bought flooring on my credit with a deferred payment. The cashier put the deferred payment through and said she made an error. She put it through again and when I got my bill it was double charged with 2 different deferred payments. I complained right away. At first, Lowes dealt with me and said it was rectified, but as you can imagine-it wasn't. Dealth with Lowes store again and they said they fixed it and the next bill would show it - Again not fixed. The next time I went back, they told me I had to deal with the credit department. I replied - but it was your cashier that made the mistake. I dealt with the credit department several times and they said they would look into it, but again did not fix it. I will always remember this and will never use a deferred or credit from any company again and I WILL NEVER SHOP AT LOWES AGAIN - NOT SURPRISED THEY ARE HAVING FINANCIAL DIFFICULTY - THERE WAS AT LEASE 2 PEOPLE AT LOWES DESK COMPLAINING ABOUT THEIR CREDIT AND IT WAS AN EMPTY STORE AT THE TIME - WHAT DID THAT TELL ME - BUYER BEWARE - HOME DEPOT FROM NOW ON!

I understand you were billed twice and that it should be corrected, but do you understand the deferred financing program? The INTEREST is deferred and not charged if you pay your total balance within the deferred period.

If you don't pay the full amount you will be charged the total amount of interest from day one.

They do not defer your payments. You still need to make a minimum payment every month and just making the minimum will not pay of your total before it is due.

@Anonymous

Your reply would be in reference to someone who had an amount due. Their question was about a miss charge.

An incorrect charge.

A charge in error. Actually you did not answer the question or help them resolve the issue.

Going into the store and making phone calls isn't going to solve your problem. Put your complaint in writing to the credit company.

Let the know you have no intention of paying the second charge and why. You have a limited amount of time to protest a charge posted to your account.

To protect your credit, don't waste time in the store or on the phone. Send your letter today.

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Just poor experience and will not go back
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

LOWES WINDOW INSTALLATION NIGHTMARE

Video of water running into my house after lowes installers did the windows install. over 2 months in now and still no repairs and house getting wetter with each rain. https://youtu.be/kBGkQlZUELE Initially LOWES said installers did nothing wrong and my house was already leaking before the install. They did a thermo reading report to justify this. So we opened one of the inside walls that they claimed was wet to prove that it wasnt. Next they sent a claims adjuster out who verified wall was not wet and that the thermo reports are useless. next we wait a month for claims@lowes to get involved even though I know the adjuster had the report in within 5 days. This entire time house is leaking with every rain & getting more damaged. Now claims@lowes has it but of course haven't heard from them yet. it has been a nightmare. PLASTIC over my house after lowes window installers did their damage. https://youtu.be/Zbio_jPcOdE
TightDeer853

She if it is a she is spamming YouTube and twitter harassing people and is doing so daily. They need a life and their ‘review’ is a load of nonsense

@TightDeer853

Oh Johnny, Oh Johnny, Can you help me understand?

Time to call an Attorney.

TightDeer853
@Anonymous

Can’t call an attorney as she signed the contract and acts of God aren’t covered.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Installation
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Seneca, South Carolina - Get rid of Ridley!

I had the worst encounter with a manager from the Seneca SC store. He is the rudest non helpful associate/ manager that I have ever had to deal with. Home Depot now has a faithful customer for sure. I even spoke to another employee about him and apparently the employees feel the same way. He sits with his feet on the desk while they bust their fannies helping customers. Oh and wait until Lowes gets a sexual harassment lawsuit on them. He is a key ingredient. I will never shop there again!
Lowes Manager
Preferred solution
Investigate why Ridley still has a job. Go undercover and see. He is not a person I would want representing my company.