Filter by rating
Product:

Lowes - Door and installation rebate denied

2.0

Update by user Feb 23

The door I ordered was a secunity screen door in July 2018. Lowe’s and their installers screwed up my order several times and each error caused the installation to be delayed weeks!

By the time the door was installed it was October. I’ve been waiting for the $30 rebate gift card since then - it’s now late February. Their rebate status said Processing. When I spoke to them they said they could not compensate me or send a gift card because the offer expired in October.

I explained that the delays in the door installation were their fault not mine. They should honor the agreement.

I submitted all the proper paperwork on time. The longest delays were the 3 times my door was ordered it was not in stock so it’d take weeks to arrive then Lowe’s had to coordinate times with the installer.

Original review posted by user Feb 23

I bought a door and installation through Lowe’s in West Sacramento which offered a $30 gift card rebate. I submitted the rebate after purchase but there were delays with the installation. First the company hired to measure the door measured the wrong door! I missed work that day. They came back out another day and measured the right door (I missed a 2nd day of work) but after the door came in and the installer delivered it, the measurers got the measurement wrong and the door was the wrong size! (I missed a 3rd day of work!) The door was reordered and after weeks of waiting the next door arrived to Lowe’s damaged with a bad dent. I refused that door. (I missed a 4th day of work) Lowe’s reordered the door again and finally it got installed. By that time it was 3 months after I bought it, and due to all the appointments for measurements and installation appointments I missed 5 days of work! The rebate status said it was processing on their web site. I called them today and they said since the rebate offer expired in October they couldn’t approve the rebate. I told them it was Lowe’s fault and the installers fault the door took so long to be installed! It’s not the customers fault. The door cost $500 and I missed 5 days of work. They should have approved their rebate gift card as agreed upon.
NullCommonBuzzard285

Does anyone know who else I can ask at Lowe’s to request they honor their rebate? The rebate office said no - because the rebate is no longer active. Our submission was sent in when it was active.

NullCommonBuzzard285

We paid in full for the door and installation on July 3, when the rebate was active. We submitted all the paperwork then but they wouldn’t process it until the door installation was complete.

The delays in the installation were not our fault. The door was finally installed in October and the rebate ended in October.

I don’t know the exact dates of the installation or the rebate end. It shouldn’t matter because the installation schedule and mistakes were their fault.

@NullCommonBuzzard285

rebates do not cover install

When did you pay for the door? The rebate would be based on the date of purchase, not the date of the installation.

I went in to purchase carpet for my whole house from them during a rebate period. They came out and measured and gave me quote. Their quote was wrong as I wanted 2 colors of carpet and they only quoted one. They said they would have to redo the quote and that wasn't finished till after the rebate had ended.

I told them I would just wait for the next rebate.

To make the sale, they just took the rebate amount off the purchase price. In the future make sure your purchases are during the rebate period or have them adjust the price up front if the delay was their fault.

@Anonymous

Yes, the rebate is based on the purchase date. But they don’t grant the rebate on special orders and installs until the job is complete and product is delivered.

It is set up that way so people don’t order the product, get the rebate, then cancel the order for a refund.

As long as you submit the rebate before the deadline, you are still due the rebate. They just won’t finish processing it until, in this case, the product is delivered and accepted.

@Anon

You’re correct but they’re saying no, there’s nothing they can do now. I spoke to someone in their rebate office and also a supervisor there.

@Anonymous

Sorry I replied above your post....

@NullCommonBuzzard285

Instead of calling the rebate center, have you called and spoke to an associate at Lowe’s? Start with the Millwork department and if you don’t get your settlement, escalate to the specialty ASM.

TalentedCarp
@NullCommonBuzzard285

try customer care, ask to speak to a supervisor. they can submit something to rebate managers

View more comments (8)
Review
Pros
  • Selection of security doors
Rebate not honored
Loss
Preferred solution
Send a $30 rebate gift card a ps promised
Tags
  • Rebate Denied

Lowes - Terrible customer service

After paying Lowe’s for carpet and installation waited approximately two weeks was told install would be Tues morning which was fine took day off to be home was told a couple days in advance install would be in the afternoon. After waiting all day called around 4:30 to see what was going on. I was told the installers were about 30-40 minutes out to which I told the company that would not work as I have to get up early to go to work. After going to Lowe’s in person to talk to manager he said he would contact the company that does the install to see what he could do. The man he spoke to said the installers were on their way and I told him don’t bother they will have to come back on Saturday to which he refused. I will never do business with Lowe’s again Larry Hadley Marion NC

It's an unfortunate fact of life that things can throw delivery or installation schedules off. Your best bet would have been to let them install the carpet Tuesday even if it meant you would get a short night of sleep.

Expecting them to bump another installation on Saturday would have just created another problem. Had you asked to have the installation scheduled on the next open Saturday they probably would have done that.

Lowes Carpet Installation

Lowes in Auburn, Alabama - Lowered my credit limit

1.2
I received a letter stating that Lowe's had lowered my credit limit to basically my balance. The letter stated that I owed them too much LMAO. I have NEVER missed a payment or paid late. I have rental property and have to rely on my Lowe's card at certain times. I asked for my credit limit to be restored to the original limit and they refuse. I will pay off this card and cut it up. I wonder if Home Depot would appreciate my business?? Bye bye Lowe's

There are many factors the the banks look at to determine credit worthiness(see post below). Check your credit report and see what has changed.

The banks are in the business of, and want to lend you money. They wouldn’t lower your credit limit unless there was something that popped up on your credit report that showed you were a higher risk.

This is true even if you had always paid that credit card on time. Chances are, The Home Depot card would give you the same, if not a lower, credit limit.

How could Lowes lower your credit limit when you don't have an account with them? Your account is with an independent credit company that issues a card to be used at Lowes.

The same will be true of Home Depot so don't pull the I'm running to Home Depot BS. There has obviously been a change in your credit rating if they lowered your limit.

AncientEmu452
@Anonymous

Wow!! I understand that the card is issued by an independent bank but the card and the bill both say LOWE'S.

The store where I used the card is called LOWE'S. As for the "pulling the run to Home Depot BS" I'll spend my money any damn where I choose.

How could there be a change in my credit rating with LOWE'S when I have never missed a payment or had a late payment?!?! I guess you didn't bother to read THAT part of my comment though, did you??

@AncientEmu452

Your credit rating can change for a number of reasons. Have you opened other credit accounts?

Has the total amount you owe on credit cards or other loans increased since you opened your account? Has your income changed? All of these things have a bearing on your credit rating and when you opened your account you would have seen a lot of fine print on the application which included the fact that they may from time to time check your credit and adjust your limits accordingly. Check your FICO score with the different credit rating companies and look at your credit report.

Has it gone up or down? If there is an error work with the credit reporting companies to correct it. Of course you have the right to spend your money any where you want. Just be aware that when you open a credit card at Home Depot the account will be with an independent credit company that issues a card with Home Depot on it that can only be used at Home Depot.

Home Depot will have nothing to do with your credit limits. Your real complaint (valid or not) is with the credit company and not the store where their card is used.

@AncientEmu452

your card says lowes but its rules and standard policy is with syncrany bank

View more comments (4)
Product
Lowes Credit Card

Lowes in Jacksonville, North Carolina - The fence that no one built

1.8
Lowes - The fence that no one built
I ordered a white panel fence in July of 2018 and now it’s february 2019. This has been the worst experience ever. First off they brought the wrong material la to My house and left it all in my yard for two months Needless to say my yard looked like a twister hit it. After picking up the material they did nothing for another two months. Materials were dropped off in front of my house on my beautiful manicured yard where they are all still there as of today. The workers did start on the fence and literally I mean started. They were suppose to arrive at 11am but did not show up until 230 and left at 4:15. As of today I have 9 panels up and the two in the back have a one inch gap which was not suppose to occur according to one of the contractors and Lowe’s. I have been billed for this product since July so this should be considered 100% fraudulent . I have called and spoken to so many people since July and still my fence is not complete. I will be requesting a full refund for this disaster and will never use Lowe’s installment again.

Does your state license contractors? If it does you should file a complaint with the state.

It will put pressure on Lowes and their contractors.

In my state they also have a fund to compensate people who have lost money to fraudulent contractors. It could also strip them of their license and help avoid this problem for others in the future.

Lowes Customer Care
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Columbus, Ohio - Customer service

Jim at the Polaris store is the best! He is usually always on the floor to help me as the customer.... not behind a counter or desk. Jim will help you find what you need with pinpoint accuracy. If there is any questioning about alternative products Jim has competent suggestions also. When shopping Lowes be sure to see Jim, the big guy with the smile, Jim is like the Alexa app of Lowes! Don't ask Alexa, ask Jim!! A plus customer service !!!
Lowes Customer Care
Good customer service

Lowes - Never again

Customer service lied to me .The manager lied to me.Lowes over charged me.Worst customer service I had to deal with.They waisted 4 weeks to say that I would have to contact a third party company to complain by writing a certified letter with recieps, picture
Lowes Manager
Problems with payment

Lowes - Not good

Sunday I went to California md Lowes and the lady at register Darlene was rude snatched the money out my hands tried to ask a question and she was talking to another associate and ordering them to get on a register instead of her helping me I was mad and dusrepected she told someone else to finish ringing me up

Lowes - Worst experience ever Albuquerque New Mexico

2.8
Paid for measurement said two days. to get them out there had to call back 5 days later and finally got some one out took two days for them to confirm measurement paid for installation and door that was in stock that day said contractor would call to confirm installation date in two days after receiving paperwork , had to call back again five days later. said contractor was injured.would get me another contractor to do the job four weeks later still no door installed. or scheduled appointment going to call at the end of this week and cancel and go with someone that will give me a definite install date. This is ridiculous Sad Sad Sad
Lowes Door Installation
Cons
  • Whole experience bad
Poor customer service

Lowes in Culpeper, Virginia - Website

The WORST website if you happen to have a credit card. Still have not discovered where to pay. And don't even think about customer service.

its on the mailng envolpe when you get your bill and right on the statement and you can go into the store and pay your bill

You don't have an account with Lowes. You have an account with an independent credit company that issues a card for use at Lowes.

Look at your bill for information on where to send your payment. If you have lost your bill, call the customer service number on your.

credit card. They will be able to assist you in sending them a payment.

View more comments (1)
Product
Lowes Website

Lowes - Double charged me for flooring and did not credit me!! DO NOT DEFER PAYMENT!

I bought flooring on my credit with a deferred payment. The cashier put the deferred payment through and said she made an error. She put it through again and when I got my bill it was double charged with 2 different deferred payments. I complained right away. At first, Lowes dealt with me and said it was rectified, but as you can imagine-it wasn't. Dealth with Lowes store again and they said they fixed it and the next bill would show it - Again not fixed. The next time I went back, they told me I had to deal with the credit department. I replied - but it was your cashier that made the mistake. I dealt with the credit department several times and they said they would look into it, but again did not fix it. I will always remember this and will never use a deferred or credit from any company again and I WILL NEVER SHOP AT LOWES AGAIN - NOT SURPRISED THEY ARE HAVING FINANCIAL DIFFICULTY - THERE WAS AT LEASE 2 PEOPLE AT LOWES DESK COMPLAINING ABOUT THEIR CREDIT AND IT WAS AN EMPTY STORE AT THE TIME - WHAT DID THAT TELL ME - BUYER BEWARE - HOME DEPOT FROM NOW ON!

I understand you were billed twice and that it should be corrected, but do you understand the deferred financing program? The INTEREST is deferred and not charged if you pay your total balance within the deferred period.

If you don't pay the full amount you will be charged the total amount of interest from day one.

They do not defer your payments. You still need to make a minimum payment every month and just making the minimum will not pay of your total before it is due.

@Anonymous

Your reply would be in reference to someone who had an amount due. Their question was about a miss charge.

An incorrect charge.

A charge in error. Actually you did not answer the question or help them resolve the issue.

Going into the store and making phone calls isn't going to solve your problem. Put your complaint in writing to the credit company.

Let the know you have no intention of paying the second charge and why. You have a limited amount of time to protest a charge posted to your account.

To protect your credit, don't waste time in the store or on the phone. Send your letter today.

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Just poor experience and will not go back
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution