Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Don't do it

Had a tile floor installed before Christmas by Lowe's. Long story short the tiler failed to install the transition from our kitchen to our family room so we had a big gap between the carpet and tile. He said the store didn't supply the transition piece so he couldn't install it. How do you not mention that you are missing supplies before you start a project??? How do you supposedly complete a project when it's actually not completed? Unfortunately you cannot install a transition piece after the fact when it involves tile because the transition piece must be installed before the tile is laid. So here it is weeks later and Lowe's has not come up with a solution nor has the contractor after several phone calls to both Lowes and the contractor.

The transition piece can be put in after the tile is put in. In fact, it is ALWAYS done last. You cant even grout the tile properly if transition piece is already in place.

Bad quality

Lowes in Hillsboro, Oregon - Bathroom Remodel Mess

2.6
Made an appointment for bathroom remodel. Designer emailed and said she wanted to introduce self. I was impressed. She said that their procedure has changed and that the first visit would be at the clients home instead of the store. The interior designer showed up as scheduled, took measurements, and asked me some questions about my bathroom project. So far so good. This was on December 22, 2018. We made the in store follow up appointment for January 4th. One hour before the appointment she left a voice mail saying their procedure has changed and that she will not be able to keep the appointment. I called the designer back to confirm i had received her voice mail. No follow up call to explain. Four days later the designer emailed and said the program has disbanded. What? And to give one hour notice to cancel!

Consider yourself lucky that they ended the program before your project got started. Otherwise you would have really been stuck in a nightmare.

My advice would be DON’T go to Home Depot either. Do some research and find a good, reputable local contractor.

Lady those people just lost their jobs because the PSI project is done at Lowe’s. Please get over yourself. They found out on the 4th of January.

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue

Lowes - New furnace

2.6
July 2017 we contracted through Lowes in Adrian Michigan to have a new furnace put in. We just purchased the home and the furnace was 30 years old. Of course i wanted one of the best. The gentleman at lowes helped us pick it out. Things went smoothly until September 2018. We had to use the furnace and it stopped several times. We had a few service calls and I kept contacting Trane the manufacture of the furnace. Finally Trane recommended someone to come out and take a look and when they did they said the furnace was installed incorrectly. By this time it was November. Michigan can be unpredictable when it comes to weather. I immediately contacted trane they stated warranty would be voided unless we could get it installed correctly. Contacted Corporate at Lowes who acted fairly quickly to get someone out there but in the mean time we are using electric heaters. The furnace was never state inspected. I respectfully requested them to reimburse me for my electric bill. I even contact toledo 11 Call for action. Who they have said have not been able to get a return call from the local manager. Here it is January 10th The furnace has still not been state inspected. I felt just tossed to the side lines. My husband even attempted to speak with the store manager.
Review
Cons
  • Furnace was installed incorrectly
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Considering we were without heat several times this season I thought they would at least reimburse us for our electric bills for two months by bill doubled because of electric heaters
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Naples, Florida - Baker Roofing Company

5.0

Update by user Feb 08

Lowe’s gave us a 25% refund

Original review posted by user Jan 09

This is an update on my six month journey through *** with Lowe’s and Baker Roofing Company based out of Bonita Springs, Fl. Long story short. It took six months to get a new roof put on my house. The new roof was patched and repaired more than my 20 year old prior roof. I asked for a 25% refund from Lowe’s. Due to the fact that the roof was put on by a bunch of amateurs not professional roofers. I received the refund in a matter of days no questions asked. Guess they had a lot of complaints on Baker Roofing Company. I’m happy it’s over. I got my refund. Baker Roofing Company did the best they could to fix all the problems with the roof installation. Time will tell, how long it’s going to last.

Baker Roofing is a sorry *** company. Called about new roof leaking, wall and ceiling ruined.

No damn response yet.

Called weeks ago. Should go out of business.

CriminalMonkey511

Where to begin please dont lose interest because of such a horrendous experience from he'll! I will try to touch on the biggest mishaps.

No preinstallation review checklist or completion of certicate filled out, no labor or material warranties. Someone besides the sub-contractor signed his signature and other illegal contractual transaction. Roofed over graping holds, rotten decking, no ice & water shield, no state required drip edge, used existing flashing, etc. Etc.

Ended up with more leaks than i had before Lowe's install. Enclosing I now have mold because of install was 5-1-2018.

Bottom line if you want to make Lowe's accountable no matter what you have been told please contact me. Single no results only in numbers.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Oakhurst, California - Can i returb

Can i return an window air condition that i brought for my son in July? Its over the 90 days. Do you think they will return it? i have the receipt~ thank you k

If you are returning it because it's broken, call the manufacturer. it should be under warranty.

If you are returning it because you're not satisfied with it...

lowes has a 90 day return policy. even with receipt

Why would you expect a store to take back an item you used for the season? They aren't a rental shop.

It's people like you, expecting stores to take back anything, that drive retail prices up.

Quit buying things you don't intend to keep. I don't want to contribute to the cost of your son's air conditioning in the form of higher prices for what I buy.

UnhappyPelican310
@Anonymous

Ok thanks~ I'll sell is privately. i did not realize 90 days had passed.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Newtown, Connecticut - Former Manager

Welcome to Lowes... *** company

2.7
Lowes - Bad Carpet Experience
Four years ago I paid $1200 for carpet for my master bedroom, stairs and hallway. These are low traffic areas but I bought a very good quality carpet. After about 2 years, I noticed a few areas of lose carpet. Another year passed and more waves in my bedroom. Finally this winter I had a contractor out for other work and asked him if he could stretch my carpet. He said he could do it but it was not installed properly and I should be calling Lowes. Not only were there now waves in my bedroom but hallway and on every single step. Called the store multiple times with promises of a return call which never happened. When into the store and they gave me an 800 number which handles their issues. They advised me the warranty is only one year. I sent pictures and a statement from the contractor and finally they agreed to send their contractor to review. Their contractor told me it wasn't the installation but just bad carpet. Lowes then called me and told me I would need to pay $550 to have the carpet restretched. Now if it was bad carpet, would I pay to have it restretched. I would only have it restretched if it were installed incorrectly. I have not been able to get a call back from Lowes. I have purchased carpet from them for two other houses with no issues. I have original carpet in my living room and two other bedrooms upstairs that is tight and has no issue other than normal wear. There is obviously something very wrong. I have been a loyal Lowes customer for 25 years. I am also getting ready to for a major kitchen remodel which I typically would have gone to them for my countertops, etc. They could care less. I have paid off my account, canceled my card and will NEVER step foot in there again.

Why do you expect them to cover the cost of re-stretching after 3 years? By making the purchase you agreed that the one year warranty was reasonable. If you thought the warranty should have been longer you should have tried to find someone (unlikely) that offered a longer warranty.

@Anonymous

Do you think it is reasonable to have your carpet all loose and wavy after this time period? This is not my first rodeo buying carpeting.

I have never had this happen over the course of 30+ years. Especially since this was not "value priced" carpet or padding and in a very low traffic area.

1yr l sucks for you

You did the right thing - you voted with your wallet and your feet. You've left and are not likely to return.

I like that : you gave them a chance, they blew it, and you don't want anymore treatment like that.

Good for you. I would have put it in writing for the record and served my complaint to both the manufacturer and installer via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested.

View more comments (3)
Review
Cons
  • Disregard for loyal customer
  • Poor installation
  • Managment will not contact me
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Lowes Bad Carpet

Lowes - Changing sales prices in the middle of sale

Lowes - Changing sales prices in the middle of sale
This company makes change in the middle of there sale just because they can and they want behind there customers i saved this in my cart and was going to buy from them after i made sure it was the best for me and i shopped around and everyone who had this frig was the same price as i looked. But they all changed there adds and price went up so lowes in the middle of there add changed there price and tried telling me i was looking at another frige and i told then no it was the same one that has been in cart for over 5 days. They try to make the customer look like there wrong while there really cheating us for there mistakes. Such bull buyers beware.

It says right on their website, WEEKLY ADS. So they change. and saving it in the cart does nothing but keep it for you so you don't have to search it again.

Just because you put an item in your cart doesn't mean any store will hold a price till you pull the trigger and make the purchase. The price was good the day you put it there.

After that the price may stay the same, go up or go down. I can pretty much guarantee you wouldn't have made a post complaining if the price had gone down and they wanted to charge you less than the price it was when you put it in the cart.

@Anonymous

Like i said if you would have read everything. The sale said till the 9th and it’s not the 9th yet and me pulling the trigger shouldn’t Matter if the sale hasn’t ended.

I have never had a sale Change in the middle of it.

So your logic means *** about it dropping it shouldn’t go up until it ends. I’m just saying

@Anonymous

That’s the way it works with all retailers on the internet. They have the right to change the price at any time. With Lowe’s, to lock in the price, you can go to the store and get a written estimate which is good for up to 30 days.

@Anonymous

Prices continually change on the internet. If a competitor drops their prices you will see prices fall and move back up as the competitor raises their price back up.

Lets say Lowes sale price started at $999 and Best Buy dropped their price to $899 on the 3rd, Lowes would follow. If on the 5th, Best Buy went to $999 Lowes would take their price back to $999.

Putting the item in your cart on the 4th won't get you the $899 price on the 6th. If you see a price on the internet you like pull the trigger and make the purchase.

@Anonymous

Clearly the poster's logic means more than your banal and stupid complaint. How do I know, you told us the logic is sound by not getting what you wanted loser... Please do not reproduce.

View more comments (5)
Service
Pricing issue

Lowes - Terrible

3.3
Everytime I try to pay my Lowe’s Credit card online it says my passwords incorrect or I can’t access the account. The app is the worst app I’ve ever had to deal with and so is the credit card. Not only that but 4 dollar interest rate is ridiculous
Problems with payment

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Poor Experience

I purchased Floor from Lowe's and requested installation. They use subcontractors. A small gentleman named Tim, who seemed sick, did the measuring. I asked him several questions, but he could not answer. He said I needed to ask the installers. I asked Tim if my kitchen floor would be removed. He said he didn't know, that I needed to ask the installers. He gave the wrong measurement of my baseboard to Lowe's which I corrected. Tim told the contractors that my floor was the original in the house and there was asbestos in my floor, which he made up. I was livid. I found this out on my own after making several phone calls to see what was taking so long. So now I have to locate someone to install my floor. I will be returning the flooring to Lowes. Very unhappy with this. I called to report. Their complaint departments are spread out among many states (nothing in PA) and their customer service reps don't sound professional, so I told gentleman I would make further contact.