Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Oakhurst, California - Can i returb

Can i return an window air condition that i brought for my son in July? Its over the 90 days. Do you think they will return it? i have the receipt~ thank you k

If you are returning it because it's broken, call the manufacturer. it should be under warranty.

If you are returning it because you're not satisfied with it...

lowes has a 90 day return policy. even with receipt

Why would you expect a store to take back an item you used for the season? They aren't a rental shop.

It's people like you, expecting stores to take back anything, that drive retail prices up.

Quit buying things you don't intend to keep. I don't want to contribute to the cost of your son's air conditioning in the form of higher prices for what I buy.

UnhappyPelican310
@Anonymous

Ok thanks~ I'll sell is privately. i did not realize 90 days had passed.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Newtown, Connecticut - Former Manager

Welcome to Lowes... *** company

2.7
Lowes - Bad Carpet Experience
Four years ago I paid $1200 for carpet for my master bedroom, stairs and hallway. These are low traffic areas but I bought a very good quality carpet. After about 2 years, I noticed a few areas of lose carpet. Another year passed and more waves in my bedroom. Finally this winter I had a contractor out for other work and asked him if he could stretch my carpet. He said he could do it but it was not installed properly and I should be calling Lowes. Not only were there now waves in my bedroom but hallway and on every single step. Called the store multiple times with promises of a return call which never happened. When into the store and they gave me an 800 number which handles their issues. They advised me the warranty is only one year. I sent pictures and a statement from the contractor and finally they agreed to send their contractor to review. Their contractor told me it wasn't the installation but just bad carpet. Lowes then called me and told me I would need to pay $550 to have the carpet restretched. Now if it was bad carpet, would I pay to have it restretched. I would only have it restretched if it were installed incorrectly. I have not been able to get a call back from Lowes. I have purchased carpet from them for two other houses with no issues. I have original carpet in my living room and two other bedrooms upstairs that is tight and has no issue other than normal wear. There is obviously something very wrong. I have been a loyal Lowes customer for 25 years. I am also getting ready to for a major kitchen remodel which I typically would have gone to them for my countertops, etc. They could care less. I have paid off my account, canceled my card and will NEVER step foot in there again.

Why do you expect them to cover the cost of re-stretching after 3 years? By making the purchase you agreed that the one year warranty was reasonable. If you thought the warranty should have been longer you should have tried to find someone (unlikely) that offered a longer warranty.

@Anonymous

Do you think it is reasonable to have your carpet all loose and wavy after this time period? This is not my first rodeo buying carpeting.

I have never had this happen over the course of 30+ years. Especially since this was not "value priced" carpet or padding and in a very low traffic area.

1yr l sucks for you

You did the right thing - you voted with your wallet and your feet. You've left and are not likely to return.

I like that : you gave them a chance, they blew it, and you don't want anymore treatment like that.

Good for you. I would have put it in writing for the record and served my complaint to both the manufacturer and installer via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Carpet Installation
Cons
  • Poor installation
  • Disregard for loyal customer
  • Managment will not contact me
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Lowes Bad Carpet

Lowes - Changing sales prices in the middle of sale

Lowes - Changing sales prices in the middle of sale
This company makes change in the middle of there sale just because they can and they want behind there customers i saved this in my cart and was going to buy from them after i made sure it was the best for me and i shopped around and everyone who had this frig was the same price as i looked. But they all changed there adds and price went up so lowes in the middle of there add changed there price and tried telling me i was looking at another frige and i told then no it was the same one that has been in cart for over 5 days. They try to make the customer look like there wrong while there really cheating us for there mistakes. Such bull buyers beware.

It says right on their website, WEEKLY ADS. So they change. and saving it in the cart does nothing but keep it for you so you don't have to search it again.

Just because you put an item in your cart doesn't mean any store will hold a price till you pull the trigger and make the purchase. The price was good the day you put it there.

After that the price may stay the same, go up or go down. I can pretty much guarantee you wouldn't have made a post complaining if the price had gone down and they wanted to charge you less than the price it was when you put it in the cart.

@Anonymous

Like i said if you would have read everything. The sale said till the 9th and it’s not the 9th yet and me pulling the trigger shouldn’t Matter if the sale hasn’t ended.

I have never had a sale Change in the middle of it.

So your logic means *** about it dropping it shouldn’t go up until it ends. I’m just saying

@Anonymous

That’s the way it works with all retailers on the internet. They have the right to change the price at any time. With Lowe’s, to lock in the price, you can go to the store and get a written estimate which is good for up to 30 days.

@Anonymous

Prices continually change on the internet. If a competitor drops their prices you will see prices fall and move back up as the competitor raises their price back up.

Lets say Lowes sale price started at $999 and Best Buy dropped their price to $899 on the 3rd, Lowes would follow. If on the 5th, Best Buy went to $999 Lowes would take their price back to $999.

Putting the item in your cart on the 4th won't get you the $899 price on the 6th. If you see a price on the internet you like pull the trigger and make the purchase.

@Anonymous

Clearly the poster's logic means more than your banal and stupid complaint. How do I know, you told us the logic is sound by not getting what you wanted loser... Please do not reproduce.

View more comments (5)
Lowes Deal
Pricing issue

Lowes - Terrible

3.3
Everytime I try to pay my Lowe’s Credit card online it says my passwords incorrect or I can’t access the account. The app is the worst app I’ve ever had to deal with and so is the credit card. Not only that but 4 dollar interest rate is ridiculous
Product
Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Poor Experience

I purchased Floor from Lowe's and requested installation. They use subcontractors. A small gentleman named Tim, who seemed sick, did the measuring. I asked him several questions, but he could not answer. He said I needed to ask the installers. I asked Tim if my kitchen floor would be removed. He said he didn't know, that I needed to ask the installers. He gave the wrong measurement of my baseboard to Lowe's which I corrected. Tim told the contractors that my floor was the original in the house and there was asbestos in my floor, which he made up. I was livid. I found this out on my own after making several phone calls to see what was taking so long. So now I have to locate someone to install my floor. I will be returning the flooring to Lowes. Very unhappy with this. I called to report. Their complaint departments are spread out among many states (nothing in PA) and their customer service reps don't sound professional, so I told gentleman I would make further contact.
Lowes Flooring Installation

Lowes in South Bend, Indiana - Terrible policies again

3.2
So I’ve heard an employee at the Ireland Rd store in south bend Indiana has been fired for that vague, never written policy of following a culprit out of the store to give a description to 911. No wonder no one wants to help anyone anymore. Sorry Lowe’s terrible policy and punished someone doing the right thing.

No amount of merchandise is worth a employees life. It’s NOT about policy as much as it’s about putting themselves in danger willingly and putting the store at risk for lawsuits.

They do have a non confrontation policy which also states that you DO NOT FOLLOW A THIEF OUTSIDE THE STORE!! Amazing how you want everyone to pile sympathy on the employee “for doing the right thing” yet completely ignore that they put themselves at risk for death. Also your friend should be posting. You are posting second hand information which is hearsay.

Just because your buddy said they were fired for that doesn’t mean THAT was the only factor involved. For all YOU know your buddy had a list of write ups or corrective actions and this was the last straw. You can claim the business is mean and evil but face reality a bit. Your friend put themselves, the store, and innocent bystanders at risk.

If that thief had a gun and instead of running they chose to fire on their pursuers you would t have a friend anymore. When your buddy makes it to manager then they can flaunt the company LP policy.

Until then they MUST follow the rules of thier employer. Not the businesses fault that your friend chose to play the hero.

@Durpa

They had no write ups and were considered a good employee, was even considered for a management job. You sure have a negative attitude about people.

What the attempted thieves had was pepper spray, had already used it on a couple employees attempting to steal things, and the now fired employee was giving descriptions to 911 from a safe distance, so that they could be caught and not hurt other people. I guess we are all so scared of anything that doing the right thing is wrong now.

And no policy was ever related to the employee in any form. Now that you know that I know details of the actual situation and you don't, you could be a little more logical.

@Rich

As you are not the individual involved everything you say is second hand information. If your "friend" wanted their story told, they should be telling the story, not you.

@Durpa

My friend didn't choose to play hero, was on the phone with 911 giving descriptions. The thieves had pepper spray, and already used it on other employees.

My friend was keeping a safe distance. She said no such policy was ever given to her in any form.

Too bad her manager didn't own up to the safety committee that he hadn't told her the policy, could have changed their decision. Probably too chicken to do so.

@Durpa

My friend wasn't posting anything because of the potential ramifications when looking for a new job. Quite bitter about Lowe's as are her former fellow employees.

it doesn't go over well when you find out you are an employee, not a teammate like they say.

Well that's OK, all companies are like this, and it is always best to do a good job and follow whatever policies they dictate, but realize that you are just a number and nothing prevents them from doing whatever they want. No loyalty breeds no loyalty on the part of the employee.

@Rich

Of course they are employees. They are there getting PAID to do a job.

Lets face it terms like teammate and guest are just a bunch of feel good B.S. someone came up to make people feel good about the low wages they are paid.

Why can't your "friend" post? People would have no more of an idea of who she is than we do of who you are so how would that hurt her job search?

"So I've heard". What a way to start a post.

It tells everyone that you have no personal information about what you are about to post. How do you have any idea of what you are about to say is anywhere near accurate? Are you a Lowes employee and know what all their policies are and why they have a given policy?

As you aren't the employee, how do you know exactly why they were fired? If you don't have first hand information you shouldn't be making a post like this.

@Anonymous

It's a good friend of mine. Got it right from the source.

I'm assuming you're a manager or representative of Lowe's in answering this way as well. May as well come clean, anonymous.

@Rich

Never have worked for Lowes but know a second hand story is never as accurate as the version before it.

@Anonymous

If you've never worked for lowes, and I got the story right from the employee that was fired, I'm not sure how you can be relevant to the conversation.

The right thing to do is to follow the store policy which probably isn't vague. Lowes stores have cameras that can get physical descriptions and not put workers at risk.

This may not be Lowes or any other company's primary reason for telling people not to interfere with thieves but these are the rules. They don't want their insurance rates going up because someone got hurt, misread a situation and now the so-called thief is suing.

It is not your job to deal with thieves. If you do the "right thing" expect to lose your position.

@Anonymous

First of all it wasn't me, it was a friend of mine, and that friend was giving a description to 911 at the moment. You would think if it was dangerous, the 911 operator would have said what to do.

Also, a search of any such policy comes up with nothing. The main thing this event caused, at least short term, was shock in the other workers and a lot of resentment over how it played out. Also, the employee was not even given a chance to give their side before a decision was made.

I've been a supervisor/manager for over 30 years, and this is really a bad situation when you don't specifically deal with a policy before something happens. You just give everyone a bad attitude.

@Rich

Are you a Lowes employee? If not, where did you search for their policy?

@Anonymous

The former employee could not find the policy in the handbook, nor was told the policy during training or by a manager. Very poor system, especially for an otherwise good employee. Especially if the manager didn't tell the safety committee that the so called policy was not reviewed.

PositiveTiffany688

Isn’t this one of those things that gets you in the news.....I wonder how they’d enjoy that. Doesn’t seem to matter if someone’s doing the right thing, just quote whatever policy you decide to follow at the time.

Managers should be up front with this so that their employees learn from the start not to assist each other. Not fair at all.

View more comments (14)
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Orlando, Florida - Low’s extended warranty

Worst customer service in regard to warrantee ever in the retail industry I strongly strongly suggest anyone NOT to buy buy the extended warranty or shop at lows for that matter.I’ve had a claim open on my brand new dryer since end of September 2018 and I keep getting false promises on delivering parts , getting calls from lows customer service on a schedule service for my dryer and nothing has been done it’s all lies lies lies... I will not trust low’s nor recommend them

Lowe's has NO warranties on anything they sell. Never have, never will.

The days of retailers standing behind the products they sell have died along with Sears. But saving money is what it's all about.

So true!!!!!

You understand so little about warranties. Warranties are either provided by the MANUFACTURER of the product or extended service plans are purchased through independent companies.

If, as you claim you have a brand new appliance it would be covered by the manufacturers 1 year warranty.

It is the manufacturer you should be blaming for delays, not Lowes. My guess is that if you are having a considerable delay in getting parts it is because you purchased an appliance such as LG of Samsung that are made in Korea and they are waiting for parts to get here from the other side of the world..

@Anonymous

It’s not my 1st Applience that I purchased from lows and the completely understand their warranty however you are responding.. and over the years lows always been the best in regard to giving the right information as they promised their consumer and that’s the reason I kept making them my primey place for my home Applience and improvement .

However, this time I had the worst experience and I should have listen to the views about lows getting a bad reputation and now I understand. It started in sep 2018 where they giving me false information saying: your part arrived and they will call you to schedule it yet nothing happen this happened more then 5times. I was told they will replace it because they can’t find the part then they change and say Oh we want to conf that the service company going to call you ....... This is all happened during the besiest time Christmas time spending hours over the phone and waiting for the service company to show up .

Lows made my holiday very stressful. I will definitely take my business to home depo where they care about their customer no matter how much they spend .

@Anonymous

Sounds like your complaint should be about the service company, not Lowes. Lowes is not responsible for the Warranty, the manufacturer and the service companies they use are.

@Anonymous

The contact is low’s and they have their own contract with few company which lows calls them to delicate the service claim NOT ME. A big company as low’s they are present by those contractor .

Low’s should be doing a better job assisting me . Again low’s promised me a call this week between wed and Friday to schedule my service and just I expected lows just preached me off to end my phone call.

I repeated they got my money for the extended warranty and they don’t care wither I have to go out of my way to do my loundry plus the cost plus the ageny with the irritation and bad customer service and The laying to me over and over and they still have not fixed it . I will be placing another call today to hear another lay for the 2ed time this week and over 16 times since oct 2018.

@Anonymous

Lol, take a moment and look at home Depot reviews. Look at your warranty and you will find Lowes did make your appliance. How did people become so stupid?

View more comments (6)
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Return of storage item

Lowe’s considered my storage item a Christmas item and would not let me return it. It wasn’t large enough and I have no use for it.

I'd be willing to bet your "storage item" was for something to do with Christmas like a tree box, wrapping paper container, ornament box or something made to store Christmas decorations. These items are sold only at Christmas time and would be covered by their seasonal policy just like any other Christmas item.

Lowes Manager
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in Steubenville, Ohio - Missing room rugs

3.2
Paid for two large room rugs on Dec 12th, went back to pick up for they were Christmas gifts, and was told they were no longer there at pick up counter. The employee was not concerned period and very unprofessional, however I was truly upset. Called store manager he checked on my purchase and again I was told they are not in store. I told him then one of two things happened an employee took them or they were sold again. I also told him I want to get two more rugs for the same price for these were gifts. Was told I couldn’t. From what I’ve been told this happens often at this store
#1622023

The only way to be 100% sure you will have a gift or any product when you need it is to buy it early and TAKE IT HOME. There are far too many things that can happen to a product left at the store.

With as many different people working in a store as there are it's easy for a product to get put back on the shelf in error. Next time, save a trip, and take your purchase home when you buy it.

Lowes Customer Care