Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Clinton, Maryland - MY Deck

Had a deck put on by a company Lowes contracted out. A two week deck took 5months and Lowes did not want to compensate me accordingly. I will never give Lowes any business. They have poor customer service, unskilled workers and managers that you can never speak to.

What do you want them to "compensate" you for? It sounds like your deck has been installed.

You don't say there is anything missing or that it wasn't built as planned.

You don't say that you had to hire someone else to complete the deck. Yes, construction delays can happen but unless your contract had a specific date for completion of the project with penalties spelled out it doesn't sound like they owe you anything.

Review
#1421971 Review #1421971 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Problem with delivery
Price reduction

Lowes

4.5
The people at store 0719 in California md are rude head cashier Darlene and shanika are rude and don't want to do any work I asked them to help me with my purchase they rolled their eyes and started talking to other countries workers I will never come in Lowes again because of there level of rudeness

You can't expect the cashiers at any store to leave their register to either help you shop or load your purchase. They are there to check out customers and walking away from the register leaving the cash un-attended would be a security risk as well.

Keep in mind you are shopping in a big box store rather than a full service store. If you need help, look for someone on the sales floor to help you.

@Anonymous

I was talking about the ignorance of them not asking them to leave the register just wanted them to guide me in the right direction I was asking for good customer service clearly they lack those skills I wouldn't expect them to leave the register to help me I just expect them to have class .

@Anonymous

Yes, because when I think of Lowe’s, I think of “Class”! Especially from a barely over minimum wage cashier.

How about you class up your posts with some punctuation. These run on sentences are very ignorant and rude to the reader.

@PCFL2592

I don't have to use punctuation for a post this is my opinion if you don't like what I'm saying get off this post you just as ignorant as the two ladies working there a post don't need punctuation it can run a d run until I run you out this post you not worth my time or energy so bye felicia

@Anonymous

The "writing" of the OP is painful to read.

@PCFL2592

How bout you comment on the situation and not my grammar you clearly ignorant for not reading the situation and giving the proper imput

@PCFL2592

I can’t keep up. Who is Felicia?

Was she rude to you as well? Or was it just Darlene and Shanika who rolled thier eyes and walked away from you?

@Anonymous

Both of them shanika and Darlene were rude you weren't understanding that I was frustrated of the service they gave me so I said bye Felicia it's an expression used when someone isn't getting the point. I was did respected by them and they provided terrible customer service that's all I have to say

@Anonymous

Bye Felica actually means "get out *** High levels of disrespect associated with such a term. You will never receive respect if you are a disrespectful person yourself.

@Get educated

You are missing the point of the situation so I'm done the situation occurred it's done and over moving on

@Get educated

U disrespectful and dumb nobody asked u for your opinion

@Get educated

Yes... I always find the ones complaining about someone being disrespectful, are usually the ones who are the most disrespectful themselves.

@Anonymous

Why would you expect a cashier to know where everything in the store is located?

@Anonymous

Nobody said anything about cashier knowing where an item is the post was about asking for help with purchase and the service by associates are bad so I'm done you are completely missing the point

View more comments (13)
Review

Lowes in Gary, Indiana - WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CUSTOMER COMES FIRST AND SHOULD BE VERY WELL PLEASED WITH SERVICE AND PRODUCT?

I purchased a dishwasher on line on Black Friday for a good price. A few days later I went to customer service in the store and asked if the delivery men would be installing it as well. I was advised that the delivery men could and would install it for me as well has haul away the old one. When it was delivered, they left the boxed washer in the middle of my kitchen floor and said the weren't allowed to install it or remove the old one. So, I was left with both dishwashers and very crowded kitchen. Later in the day a service rep from Lowe's called saying I would have to pay $149 to have the washer removed and the new one installed. Here it is 12/11/18 just before Christmas and Lowe's refuses to help in any way unless I paid for something I was told would be no charge. They wouldn't adjust my bill because I had purchased the washer on Black Friday. I have worked in retail for several years before retiring and I have never had such deplorable customer service as this. Lowe's can be assured I will be shopping at their competitors from now on. We now know your bottom line. Make the sale, forget about the customer's needs.

You made the dishwasher purchase online. It clearly states: “Need this dishwasher installed, Lowe's can help; Call 1-866-678-2761 prior to purchase; includes dishwasher only” You got exactly what they paid for.

You can’t blame Lowe’s for your inability to read and follow instructions.

Additionally, in the terms of the delivery it states: “For your convenience, we provide additional installation services for an additional fee. Dishwashers, microwaves, cooktops, wall ovens, slide-in ranges, drop-in ranges, gas ranges, gas dryers, range hoods, garbage disposals and trash compactors can be installed by a Lowe's third-party qualified professional.”

Perfect example of a lowe's employee being overwhelmed with customers due to Lowe's gross under staffing of their stores. That poor sales person probably had 15-20 people waiting for them to help them and just told you anything to get the sale done. Happens all the time especially on the busiest shopping day of the year!

@Anonymous

OP purchased the dishwasher online. Then talked to a returns desk cashier a few days later.

As OP stated there was never a discussion about price of said services. You can't expect something for nothing.

View more comments (2)
Review
#1420977 Review #1420977 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Fair pricing

Lowes in Morristown, Tennessee - You will regret

We had hardwood floors installed in our home 4 years ago. A year and a half later (after the labor warranty had expired) our floors began to pop and when you walk on certain areas it pops worse. Lowes contends we have a moisture problem, but our home was checked by their installer before the floor was put down. It makes me sick that we spent so much money and cannot get any kind of help toward a solution.

A flooring installation company is a certified home inspector??

Review
#1420418 Review #1420418 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bad quality

Lowes in Amherst, New Hampshire - Customer Service

To LOWES, If you really want to not only stay in business, but instead make real progress, focus on the customer service and review, because this is the real representation of any company. And who comes in direct contact with the customer? The employee in the bottom... I have been in retail for many, many years, and I have to let you know that you became very lucky having Sylvia as a sales associate in Amherst NH. More particularly I met Sylvia a few years ago when she was working at Home Depot in the painting department. I had to find the right paint to match with the existing one for my kitchen cabinets as I was adding new pieces. I was quite confused, I did not know what to do, and even worse the associates in general try to avoid you. This is not something new to me as it is not so unusual. But what impressed me from the very beginning was Sylvia's prompt demeanor to help me right away. She listened to my concerns, realized immediately what was my problem, offered options, and narrowed them down based on my needs explaining why. She solved my problem by finding the exact match through trial and error very quickly. She was helping me without neglecting other customers or wasting time. Willing to help, good listener with patience, very knowledgable, fast, still active and very kind to all, customers and coworkers, and most importantly all this time without being under any supervision! A week ago I stopped at Lowes in Amherst and to my suprise I ran into Sylvia again. I knew that it was my lucky day. I had not seen her for many years, but I still remembered her. Now she works in the lighting department, however that did not stop her from leading me to the tiles department, introducing me to the person in charge, and still helping me with tile selection. And again she reminded me that any time I need her to not hesitate to visit and reach out for her. Now as a customer and with long retail experience, I feel the need to let you know, that if you REALLY WANT BIG NUMBERS, the bottom employees who REALLY PRODUCE, DESERVE ALL THE REAL ATTENTION and SUPPORT by you, the upper ups, because they are VERY RARE TO BE FOUND. Thank you Sincerely Lita K.

No one cares about your banal and lame post....

Review
#1419196 Review #1419196 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Good customer service

Lowes in New York, New York - First purchase last purchase - FOLLOW-UP

1.5
Finally received long overdue rebate - previously sent to wrong address. How does that happen, when corporate was provided the order number, our address, and store location/ telephone number where the purchase was made? Loew's has new President now, and the store where the purchase was made is closing. Is it any wonder with such deplorable customer service? Still waiting for the Visa gift card requested for the inconvenience and the hard time given over many months, And, the new President will be contacted, so we suspect there will be a third follow-up on PS. What ever happened to honesty, integrity and basic customer service?

Something is wrong when DD attempts to reply to ANON. Issue reported to PC. Awaiting technical help.

Issue fixed.

How about if Lowe’s donates $50 directly to the food pantry of your choosing in your name? Would that satisfy you?

@PCFL1592

Hi Anon PCFL1592, While we appreciate Lowes responding to our (now) 11 month journey into rebate and customer service *** your attempt to negotiate a direct donation to a food pantry in our name now, sounds like you don't trust us. What a pity, because, all we did was spend hard earned money, with the expectation of getting the rebate we were entitled to.

We did nothing to lose yur trust. And, unfortunately, your snarky reply to our follow-up report, 6 months..... after our first report, didn't help either. So, the answer to "How about if Lowe’s donates $50 directly to the food pantry of your choosing in your name?

Would that satisfy you? .....is. NO thank you, we do not trust you to follow up with that. So, can you come up with a better solution?

We hope so, because, next week is Ellison, Dreiling, McDormott, Mason time .

But, we sincrely hope to hear from you first. Thank you.

@Anonymous

Ok. How about a $40 gift card?

DispensableDuck

The rebate was submitted by the Lowes sales person (digitally) so handwriting was not an issue. And, the rebate center had the correct address when they sent a post card stating we did not qualify for the rebate - when we did.

And, a copy of the postcard was also emailed to Lowes to follow up on. When customers are given false and misleading information, costing them valuable time attempting to get to the bottom of things (in this case over 25 calls and emails) it reflects poorly on Lowes. Good companies understand that waiting 3-4 months for a rebate is unaceptable, and very often will give a courtesy credit etc. to make a customer happy.

And, since Lowes was not professional, courteous, or respectful, a $50.00 VIsa gift card (equal to what some Lowe's executives spend on a very simple lunch) is in order. And, by the way, if received, that amount will be donated to a local food pantry. You are absolutely correct, we are not perfect.

We made a big mistakes is thinking that we were dealing with a trustworthy company. So, thank you and Happy Holidays Anonymous Lowes employee..

@DispensableDuck

Lowe’s doesn’t handle the rebates. That is done by a third party.

National Rebate Center. Yes it sucks but it’s NOT Lowe’s fault. So you are blackmailing a innocent company because of what you think the offending party owes you. Lowe’s literally has NOTHING to do with your rebate except submitting it at the time of purchase.

How exactly does Lowe’s “owe” you anything? What it sounds like is you are lashing out at the deeper pockets and public profile of a innocent company just to get free money. How about a apology for Lowe’s? Now that you have been informed of who REALLY messed up are you going to be man enough to retract your statement and issue a apology?

No probably not people like yourself even when proven they are wrong will STILL fight even harder because THEY CANT BE WRONG! Please do the web a favor and show that you have more then enough honor to admit YOUR MISTAKES. We all get you’re mad but at least be mad at the right company.

Now comes the part where you in your righteous indignation claim that I and every other person who either doesn’t believe you or had a dissenting point of view MUST work for Lowe’s. It amazes me how narrow minded some posters are and how hard they will fight to prove they are right even when already shown how wrong they are.

It could have happened any number of ways. The human being entering your information at the rebate center may not have been able to read your handwriting or hit the wrong key as they were processing your rebate.

Most humans make mistakes every now and then.

It's unfortunate that everyone isn't as perfect as you seem to think you are. You got your rebate, they owe you nothing else.

View more comments (7)
Review
Pros
  • First impression of original sales person
Cons
  • Being given a run around for months
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
A Visa card for general use

Lowes in Bluffton, South Carolina - Rude staff and Racist

I when To Lowes Today to get my Pick up order. Staff member Ashley, got my Order and told me to get my own cart to put my stuff. Another member happened to open the exit door pushing in the doors, I followed the staff member to get my cart. When I came back inside Staff member Ashley told me in front other customers with an attitude saying I cant open the door open, and if has broken I will have to pay $10,000.00 dollars, I told her I didn't touch the door I just followed her employee, she keep repeating to me well if u break it u have to pay 10k, I keep telling her I didnt touched the door. I told her if she had a problem she need it to let her staff member know that not me. Them she keep accusing me of me trying to break the door. I told her well you should do your job and have a Cart there for my Items, thats why is call Pick-Up Service. I told her to check her security cameras. She jobs blow me away with attitude and told me sign here and there is the exit.. Racist Staff member. I dont treat people for the way they look, because if that was the case I wouldn't want to deal with someone who has a earring in their nose for customer service. But I thought Lowes had a Dress Code? I guess Not... Ashley needs to Learn not to falsely accuse Customers... Im taking my business to Home Depot ....Take your business to Home Depot

You encountered one disgruntled, untrained, underpaid employee at one store in one place at one time. Insufficient reason to condemn an entire chain or promote some other chain (I've read equally bitter gripes about Home Depot).

Personally, I don't like Lowe's OR Home Depot or crummy employees anywhere. Your error was to engage with this fool and get your blood pressure up. Think logically : how could some minimum wage flunkie come up with a price of a conveniently round $10,000 to repair or replace something that hasn't been damaged ?

Is this person qualified to predict the future or provide a job estimate based upon non existent damage whose degree we cannot ascertain until if / when it happens ? Don't waste your time arguing with persons like that.

Poor customer service

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - I paid for a dryer that they never had

On Nov 21 I ordered a washer, dryer and ped. I got a call saying that they would deliver it in 2 weeks. On Dec 7, I got a call 5 min. before the store closed telling me that they had the washer but no dryer. I asked when it would be in the said MAYBE the end of Jan. I had torn down shelves to make room with the taller machines. They sold me something that they didn't have. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB.
#1619737

They do not carry in store most of the appliances they sell, they order them from the manufacturer once they are sold. Some of them have to be shipped in from overseas which takes a while as ships move slowly and then the products have to go through customs when leaving or entering another country, not accounting for delays like weather conditions. If they stored every appliance that they sold in the store they would need one huuuuge building.

If it was going to take 2 weeks to deliver when you made the purchase it meant that they had to order it from the manufacturer. Normally it would deliver within.

2 weeks if the manufacturer had it in their warehouse. My guess is that you purchased either a LG or Samsung product. When their warehouses is the United States run out of an item they have to wait for it to come in from Korea. Unfortunately the stores ordering the products don't know it won't be coming till the truck gets there with the product marked as a backorder on their packing list.

Unfortunately the store has to give you the bad news. It really isn't their fault, it is the manufacturer who caused the delay and failed to inform the store as soon as they placed the order that the dryer was out of stock.

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Did not have machine that i bought
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Defrauding Customer

Lowes in Richmond, Virginia - Flooring Debacle

Lowe's installed 900 sqft of hardwood flooring only to have it almost immediately start squeaking and moving. After months of conversations (mostly ignored), Lowe's/Pro Services sent multiple reps to our house and each one had a different take on the problem (glad I have it all recorded). Regrettably, Lowe's has now determined that they are not at fault (installation) and are offering NO resolution - they have taken the position that it is an environmental issue which is contrary to their own assessments and two independent flooring contractors (both with over 40+ years of flooring experience). AVOID Lowe's/Pro Services for ANY installations, their Pro Services Division lacks integrity and honesty. I had their rep (Casey) on site the week of 11/26/18 and he told me face to face that they were going to offer compensation and agreed that I should have third party contractors review the problem....then he submitted his "finding report" as an environmental issue......Shameful. This issue is FAR from over.
Review
Cons
  • All aspects of lowes pro services
Warranty issue
Remove and Replace with expert installer / full compensation

Lowes in Jacksonville, Florida - Vanity & Bathroom Remodel

Lowes - Vanity & Bathroom Remodel
I wrote a review on the primary Lowes website, but it was never posted. The project ran two weeks over schedule. After the demolition, it was 17 days before the next workman came out. Workmen show up one day unannounced. On another day, they were expected and never showed up or called. Their boss had sent them to another job. Lowes promised to send someone out to hang a toilet paper holder they forgot to order and never did. The toilet was installed with the shutoff valve so close, it's no longer usable. Overall the quality of the work was good.
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Bring the shutoff valve up to code.