Rating: 4 Stars Clear all filters (176 of 4874 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Show
Rating:

Lowes in Yuba City, California - Terrible customer service

4.0
Went to the Yuba City Ca. Store today around 3:30pm to pick-up some parts to repair my home irrigation system and was in the aisle trying to determine what fittings I needed , a sale associate walked past me no hello or do you need help so I continued to look for my fittings still no can I help you he grabbed a ladder moving it by my side went up it and got a couple merchandise boxes and started putting them on the shelf still no can I help you so Ilooked a little longer and could not find what I needed so I asked him if the item was still made and he said NO make your own. Well as this item is an item that I know is used quite a bit I did not believe it was no longer available so I put the fittings back and left and drove across the street to Home Depot and purchased my fittings, they had all of them including the one the lowes rep said they were not available. This man was so uninterested in doing his job and looked angry just being there I thought you should know. I did not get his name but he was thin, 6’, Caucasian, with tattoos on his arms. I only spent around 8 dollars this time but I will be building fences at my home 84’ in fact and I will be purchasing that material at Home Depot even thoughI had planned to purchase it at lowes. Sorry but I do not have to put up with that type of attitude.

Lowe's is a self service home improvement store. That's how they can charge less for their products than the full service stores that went out of business because people only want to save a few bucks and don't actually care about getting service or not.

This has been going on for 40 years and it is only going to get worse with all the internet shopping going on.

Unfortunately the stores that have the people and are willing to provide actual customer service are all gone now. So deal with it.

@Anonymous

Lowes is most definitely not a self service home improvement store that is why there are employees on the sales floor to assist customers. You should really get your facts together before you make stupid comments, oh wait you are anonymous you think you can say whatever you want. Sad!!!!

@Anonymous

The employees are there to put freight away. Lowe's doesn't want knowledge on the floor, they want you to do your own research using their stunning website.

View more comments (2)
Review
#1271972 Review #1271972 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Sales Representative
Cons
  • Customer service employee
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Terrible Customer Service
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes Rebates Sucks

4.1
What a bunch of {{Redacted}} Damn it I'm so made I could spit. Did a small rebate submission online. Ya well after waiting a few weeks I'm now told the store I bought these items at did not participate in this program. Now the ironic thing thing is the store I bought this stuff from said they did participate, was within the time period, the store also gave me the form to submit but also suggested I do it online and told me what to do, which I followed to the letter.. Home Depot here I come again. At least Home Depot knows how to handle rebates and provide customer service the Lowes is again loosing out on my business since they dont know how to follow thru.

Consider any rebate you get a bonus. Read through the complaints about Home Depot, Menards and Lowes.

All will have complaints about rebates. For the most part they work but there will always be a few people that don't get their rebates for one reason or another.

curl

You are very helpful, NOT

@curl

Didn't sound like anyone was asking for help. They had washed their hands of Lowes and had moved on to Home Depot (until something goes wrong there).

curl

NOT

View more comments (3)
Lowes Rebate
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - Next day delivery service at Lowe’s Online

3.8
This Friday 25 May 2018 I purchased a grill from Lowe’s online and selected next day delivery, within minutes I received confirmation that my product would be delivered and assembled the same day 25 May in the afternoon. 3 hours later as I’m driving home I received a phone call from their delivery department saying that the product couldn’t be delivered until Rhe following Tuesday. This was purchased online from the Lowe’s in Middletown, DE. Because of my disappointment with the poor customer service I told the individual on the phone to cancel my order. I then drove to the Lowe’s in Bear, De and specifically asked the customer service rep if they were able to deliver and assemble the next day or at least by Sunday, she checked the system and assured me that if I purchased the grill and now I wanted to add outdoor furniture to the purchase they’d be delivered and assembled by Sun 27 May 2018. After selecting my preferred grill and our door furniture I checked out and left with the hopes that my purchases would arrive at my home by Sunday. On Saturday around 12pm I received a call from the delivery department ar Lowe’s in Bear, De and was told that my items could not be delivered because their assembly guy didn’t come to work today. I understand things happen, but I believe that’s poor management. I also canceled that order. I’ve used Lowe’s in the past for numerous items in my home and I must say I’m veey disappointed with the service I received this weekend. I would have been ok if it only happened at one of the stores but two different stores in two complete different city is bad business. Signed, Very unhappy customer Dead
Lowes Shipping Service
Order processing issue

Lowes in Steubenville, Ohio - Poor service

4.1
We went to buy more paint and the man was busy so a lady came to Help us she took the lid to our paint to look for the kind of paint she needed to mix I kept watching her she walked around the paint dept for 30 minutes for her to come back to the counter and tell us they was out of the paint she did say they was expecting 40 gallons in but she didn’t know when we always shop Lowes never have had a problem like this before we was at Lowes in Stubenville,Ohio Thank you DiAnn Davis 981 May Roadd East Liverpool,Ohio 43920 330-831-3525

What exactly are you complaining about? Are you upset that an employee from another department came to help you and took a little longer than someone that worked in the department would or that they were out of stock on the paint you needed?

I don't know that either is a valid complaint.

At least someone came to help rather than letting you stand there and wait. Stores also run out of items from time to time.

Lowes in Milan, Tennessee - My Refrigerator delivery

4.4
I don’t know about any other store but the store in Milan tn Is the best store I have ever seen delivery drivers Jeff and John delivered my refrigerator today in Humboldt Tennessee and they don’t want one *** of a job These two guys are very professional at what they do I recommend these two guys the store really took care of me thank you
Lowes Vehicle Driver
On time delivery
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes - Misled by associates

Lowes - Misled by associates

Update by user Jun 18, 2018

Lowes refunded our purchase price.

Original review posted by user May 15, 2018

I was misled by Lowes associates that I earned a rebate on Olympic Maximum solid Stain by purchasing one at full price and the second at 50% off. The hanging sign advertising 50% off of second one is what drew our attention in the first place. We compared the sign with our purchase to make sure it was the correct item. I questioned the check-out associate about a rebate receipt and was told to fill out the form online using my reciept . Even after checking with customer service I was not told my rebate had expired 2 days earlier. I am very upset after spending $341 that I was misled, because the main factor in purchasing the Olympic Brand was the rebate. From now on I will go across the street to their competition.
#1481956

The worst part of this is that you bought that Olympic crap! That's what you should REALLY be pissed off at!

I'd be willing to bet the sign you looked at so closely had an expiration date on it.

@Anonymous

It did...May 5th. I purchased on May 5th.

#1482010
@Carol

Update: We returned to Lowes.After explaining what took place they refunded our purchase price. After reading so many reviews from disappointed users of Olympic brand products, I will purchase another brand.

@Carol

Good for you!

View more comments (4)
Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • I was misled by associates
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes dysfunction and negligence can cost you more than the purchase

3.5
I purchased a kitchen and bathrooms cabinet project from Lowes in June of 2017, I paid $35,000.00 in full, up front per their policy. Lowes finally installed the correct cabinets in April of 2018. During this time we were unable to live in the home because we no longer had sinks or faucets, the entire time this nightmare dragged on and the expenses of maintaining two homes mounted Lowes corporate office just kept saying "dont worry...... when its finished we will compensate you for your additional expenses". Once finished they offered me $1,000.00 to compensate for tens of thousands of dollars in additional expenses. Do yourself and your family a favor AVOID LOWES if you value your family and your money do not invite this menace into your life.

I totally agree. I had a horrible and similar experience with them as well!!!!

Lowes Cabinet Installation
Cons
  • Being treated like i was disposable and being lied to
Order processing issue
$52000
Full refund

Lowes - Worst delivery ever

3.8
I talked to 3 different people- Lowe's online customer rep twice and their in-store rep about a specific delivery time for my lawn tractor. When the delivery company called to confirm they acknowledged that specific time - no problem. Then the day of delivery the guy calls me in the morning, while I'm at work, and asks if he can deliver now. I say no. He asks if he can drop my $2400 lawn tractor in the driveway and I say no - it has to come when I'm home at the arranged time of 3:30. He says 3:30, got it, ok. At 3:30 I get a call from Lowes asking what day I can arrange delivery because the driver came back at 2:30 and said, "lady no want delivery today". Lowes told me he must not be able to understand English that well and that was the reason for a mix up. I say *** and I ended up having my son use his truck and trailer to pick it up that night. What *** poor service considering I had a freezer delivery from Home Depot last week with THE BEST DELIVERY GUYS EVER. If I need to buy a large anything that needs delivery it won't be from Lowes that's for sure.

Lowe's and Home Depot use the same 3rd party delivery service.

I doubt the truth to your story. Having had many deliveries from a number of different stores including Lowes not a one has set a specific time such as 3:30.

There is usually a time range quoted. I realize there are far too many things that can happen in a day to throw a delivery schedule off and to expect an exact time is unreasonable.

RecentBarnOwl
@Anonymous

My range time was 3:30 to 5:30. NOT 9:00 am and/or dropped off in my driveway.

AND, when I told him 3:30 was better he said, 'fine, 3:30 ok'.He got back to Lowes at 2:30 and told them he was finished and 'the lady say no delivery today'.

NOT what happened. He just wanted to go home, or where ever, early.

@RecentBarnOwl

Now your story changes. Your complaint states that you talked to 3 people about a specific time for your delivery and stated it was 3:30.

Now you state that it was a time range. What else are you leaving out. I don't know where you expect them to deliver the tractor to other than your driveway. They sure aren't going to put it in your house and you'd complain if they drove their truck on your yard.

The driveway is the logical place to put it. You can drive it from there and store it wherever you want.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Person i talked to at corporate was professional and helpful
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Gift card for the price of normal delivery.

Lowes - Unprofessional RTM at store #1064

4.0
There have been many complaints with an RTM named Kiki at store #1064 in Columbia, SC. She is very rude and unprofessional towards customers. Complaints have been made to the assistant manager, manager, and corporate office to no avail. The complaints have come from unsatisfied customers, Lowe’s drivers, and their own employees. My advice, go to another Lowe’s store in the nearby area. My experience with the other Lowe’s has/is wonderful each time. They were/are very courteous, knowledgeable, and professional.

Customers don't know what an RTM is. You sound like an employee trying to get someone in trouble for personal reasons.

@ASRHSRH

I’m not an employee there. Never have been.

Customers do know what an RTM is. I’m one of those customers. As far as “getting someone in trouble,” I stated her name as well as the other customers that have made their complaint to management and to the corporate office.

The problem was resolved after my post here. Thank you for your input and bringing attention to my post ;)

@SherryDouglas

I think ASRHSRH is correct. RTM must be Lowes lingo for something and it would take an employee to know what it is. You are just out to cause trouble.

@Anonymous

Lack of education must be a struggle. I don’t need to be employed there to know the acronym.

Contact the receiving department at any Lowe’s or look up the position online. Could it be that you’re a friend or related to the RTM? Could it be that you’re her? This is an issue that has gone unresolved for a few years, until now :) As I’ve stated, I have never worked there but you’re more than welcome to seek me out.

My middle initial is K. Happy hunting ;)

Not Anonymous :)

"There have been many complaints with an RTM named Kiki "Translation: "There have been so many complaints MADE BY ME"

@Anonymous

Wrong translation. I found out about the other complaints when I made mine (1). You’re welcome :)

What's an RTM?

@Anonymous

RTM in Lowes lingo is Return To Manufacturer....

View more comments (8)
Lowes Manager
Bad quality

Lowes Card In Store Credit

3.5
I purchased a In Store Lowes Card from an individual in desperate need of money. The cash redemption machine inside a Giant Eagle Grocery Store wasn't working. The man told me he was a single farther and had his daughters in tow. Told me the machine wasn't working and needed money to buy them food. The Card value was $63.00 and the card redemption machine machine offered him $37.00. I confirmed the machines scanner was broken and he could not complete the transaction. I reviewed the card and the card says gave him the $37.00. I thought i was helping someone along with being frugal at the same time. My hopes was to start purchasing Lowes gift Cards each month to use towards the purchase of a new refrigerator. Note: The card does state Non Transferable Id (may) be required for use. Disclaimer May be required. The women at the front counter told me that i purchased the card from someone who stole the merchandise from a Lowes Store and was returning the items to buy drugs. She called them tweeker's. I said to her. Your presuming that customers returning merchandise without a receipt are all drug users. I told her i return items all the time without receipts. She told me that they are watching me and that i to will be eventually cut off. I told her that i don't use drugs and asked who she thought she was to pass judgement on anyone. She told me that people that receive In store Credits resell them for cash to purchase crack. So i asked her when did Lowes become judge and jury and turning their backs on drug users. I was always thought to help out our fellow man. So if you help someone you get penalized. you cant use the credit and Lowes stuffs the unused credit into their pockets as profit. I'm guessing that i will not be purchasing my new refrigerator from Lowes. I've been remolding my 101 year old home and have spent a minimum of $10,000.00 to $15,000.00 in materials from Lowes over the past 8 years. Please excuse my unstructured sentences and spelling errors. I'm not as smart as the Lowes store employees at Lowes Brooklyn, Ohio 44144. However, the store manager Bill Micklos has been extremely accommodating in the past. In the mean time I'm taking my business to Home Depot also located in Brooklyn, Ohio and awaiting the opening of a new Menard's yet to be built. Help people don't punish them. Sincerely Mr. G Wolf Brooklyn, Ohio 44144

i had the same thing happen to me. My son gave me a Lowes In Store credit/debit card.

My son returned merchandise without a receipt. lows said they would not give him cash but instead a Lowes In store credit/debit card. When i went to use it they asked for my drivers licence. Because my drivers licence number didn't match my sons i could not purchase my items.

I had to wait and go to the store with my son. I truly feel your pain and i to will no longer shop Lowes. Not everyone returning product without a receipt is a thief. I'm guessing less then !% of Lowes consumers are thief's.

And isn't this the job of loss prevention and in store security's job to catch the thief's.

They cashier made me feel extremely uncomfortable. I've taken my business back to the local Ace Hardware store and mom and pop stores where the owners know me.

This was not a stolen card. It was a Lowes debit card titled In Store Credit.

If a consumer returns a product such as a Birthday gift without a receipt you will receive a In Store Credit Card and not cash. This is nothing more then a cash cow for Lowes. And it prevents the merchandiser owner from selling his or her In Store Debit Card. A bit unreasonable to the consumer.

Because someone returns merchandise without a receipt shouldn't be labeled a thief. And shouldn't be accused of steeling merchandise. I agree with the cash cow ideology.

Another fortune 500 big brother move. Shop Menards.

Anomomous , your as bad as the Lowes office manager. You think everyone who returns merchandise without a receipt is a drug user and steels merchandise.

Its a Lowes In Store Credit . Lowes gave the previous owner who returned merchandise a Lowes in store debit card. This was not stolen merchandise buta store credit

You do know that receiving stolen property is a crime don't you? You just admitted to committing a crime against Lowe's and now you are pissed off at them? That's insane!

HUH? They don't want to use a stolen card and you are PISSED at THEM? What planet are you from?

EfficaciousAdeliePenguin
@Anonymous

Sorry if you miss understood. It was not a stolen credit card.

It was a Lowes In-Store Debit/Card for merchandise returned to Lowes with out a receipt. If you return an item at Lowes with out a receipt you are given a In Store Debit card. Only the person returning the merchandise can use the card. Lowes attaches the card to your drivers licence.

If you daughter ,son, friend or relative gave you the card you would not be able to use it. And no cashier or office manager should accuse any consumer of theft unless they can prove it. Seriously, i learned a lesson. i will always help someone in need.

However, i will never shop at a Lowes Store. Maybe you should buy something from Lowes and then take it back without a receipt. You will then be labeled the drugie and thief. Oh, and if you return too many items without a receipt.

Lowes will cut you off from returning any items. Have a nice day.

@EfficaciousAdeliePenguin

A lowes gift card looks different than a card issued for store credit when you return a product without a receipt. Yes, honest people who can't keep track of their receipts or otherwise prove they purchased the product will get these but so will the thieves who are returning stolen merchandise for credit.

Either way they are given to people who can't prove they actually paid for the product they returned. In a effort to discourage theft store credit is given, rather than a cash refund. Selling these cards to people like you defeats the purpose of the card. In essence you are giving them cash for a card they got for returning product they may not have paid for.

Good fo Lowes for not honoring the card without proper identification. We don't need people supporting thieves.

View more comments (7)
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Location
  • Convenience
  • Selection
Full refund