Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes review in South Bend, Indiana: Terrible policies again

3.2
So I’ve heard an employee at the Ireland Rd store in south bend Indiana has been fired for that vague, never written policy of following a culprit out of the store to give a description to 911. No wonder no one wants to help anyone anymore. Sorry Lowe’s terrible policy and punished someone doing the right thing.

No amount of merchandise is worth a employees life. It’s NOT about policy as much as it’s about putting themselves in danger willingly and putting the store at risk for lawsuits.

They do have a non confrontation policy which also states that you DO NOT FOLLOW A THIEF OUTSIDE THE STORE!! Amazing how you want everyone to pile sympathy on the employee “for doing the right thing” yet completely ignore that they put themselves at risk for death. Also your friend should be posting. You are posting second hand information which is hearsay.

Just because your buddy said they were fired for that doesn’t mean THAT was the only factor involved. For all YOU know your buddy had a list of write ups or corrective actions and this was the last straw. You can claim the business is mean and evil but face reality a bit. Your friend put themselves, the store, and innocent bystanders at risk.

If that thief had a gun and instead of running they chose to fire on their pursuers you would t have a friend anymore. When your buddy makes it to manager then they can flaunt the company LP policy.

Until then they MUST follow the rules of thier employer. Not the businesses fault that your friend chose to play the hero.

@Durpa

They had no write ups and were considered a good employee, was even considered for a management job. You sure have a negative attitude about people.

What the attempted thieves had was pepper spray, had already used it on a couple employees attempting to steal things, and the now fired employee was giving descriptions to 911 from a safe distance, so that they could be caught and not hurt other people. I guess we are all so scared of anything that doing the right thing is wrong now.

And no policy was ever related to the employee in any form. Now that you know that I know details of the actual situation and you don't, you could be a little more logical.

@Rich

As you are not the individual involved everything you say is second hand information. If your "friend" wanted their story told, they should be telling the story, not you.

@Durpa

My friend didn't choose to play hero, was on the phone with 911 giving descriptions. The thieves had pepper spray, and already used it on other employees.

My friend was keeping a safe distance. She said no such policy was ever given to her in any form.

Too bad her manager didn't own up to the safety committee that he hadn't told her the policy, could have changed their decision. Probably too chicken to do so.

@Durpa

My friend wasn't posting anything because of the potential ramifications when looking for a new job. Quite bitter about Lowe's as are her former fellow employees.

it doesn't go over well when you find out you are an employee, not a teammate like they say.

Well that's OK, all companies are like this, and it is always best to do a good job and follow whatever policies they dictate, but realize that you are just a number and nothing prevents them from doing whatever they want. No loyalty breeds no loyalty on the part of the employee.

@Rich

Of course they are employees. They are there getting PAID to do a job.

Lets face it terms like teammate and guest are just a bunch of feel good B.S. someone came up to make people feel good about the low wages they are paid.

Why can't your "friend" post? People would have no more of an idea of who she is than we do of who you are so how would that hurt her job search?

"So I've heard". What a way to start a post.

It tells everyone that you have no personal information about what you are about to post. How do you have any idea of what you are about to say is anywhere near accurate? Are you a Lowes employee and know what all their policies are and why they have a given policy?

As you aren't the employee, how do you know exactly why they were fired? If you don't have first hand information you shouldn't be making a post like this.

@Anonymous

It's a good friend of mine. Got it right from the source.

I'm assuming you're a manager or representative of Lowe's in answering this way as well. May as well come clean, anonymous.

@Rich

Never have worked for Lowes but know a second hand story is never as accurate as the version before it.

@Anonymous

If you've never worked for lowes, and I got the story right from the employee that was fired, I'm not sure how you can be relevant to the conversation.

The right thing to do is to follow the store policy which probably isn't vague. Lowes stores have cameras that can get physical descriptions and not put workers at risk.

This may not be Lowes or any other company's primary reason for telling people not to interfere with thieves but these are the rules. They don't want their insurance rates going up because someone got hurt, misread a situation and now the so-called thief is suing.

It is not your job to deal with thieves. If you do the "right thing" expect to lose your position.

@Anonymous

First of all it wasn't me, it was a friend of mine, and that friend was giving a description to 911 at the moment. You would think if it was dangerous, the 911 operator would have said what to do.

Also, a search of any such policy comes up with nothing. The main thing this event caused, at least short term, was shock in the other workers and a lot of resentment over how it played out. Also, the employee was not even given a chance to give their side before a decision was made.

I've been a supervisor/manager for over 30 years, and this is really a bad situation when you don't specifically deal with a policy before something happens. You just give everyone a bad attitude.

@Rich

Are you a Lowes employee? If not, where did you search for their policy?

@Anonymous

The former employee could not find the policy in the handbook, nor was told the policy during training or by a manager. Very poor system, especially for an otherwise good employee. Especially if the manager didn't tell the safety committee that the so called policy was not reviewed.

Rich

Isn’t this one of those things that gets you in the news.....I wonder how they’d enjoy that. Doesn’t seem to matter if someone’s doing the right thing, just quote whatever policy you decide to follow at the time.

Managers should be up front with this so that their employees learn from the start not to assist each other. Not fair at all.

View more comments (14)
Lowes Manager

Lowes review in Orlando, Florida: Low’s extended warranty

Worst customer service in regard to warrantee ever in the retail industry I strongly strongly suggest anyone NOT to buy buy the extended warranty or shop at lows for that matter.I’ve had a claim open on my brand new dryer since end of September 2018 and I keep getting false promises on delivering parts , getting calls from lows customer service on a schedule service for my dryer and nothing has been done it’s all lies lies lies... I will not trust low’s nor recommend them

Lowe's has NO warranties on anything they sell. Never have, never will.

The days of retailers standing behind the products they sell have died along with Sears. But saving money is what it's all about.

So true!!!!!

You understand so little about warranties. Warranties are either provided by the MANUFACTURER of the product or extended service plans are purchased through independent companies.

If, as you claim you have a brand new appliance it would be covered by the manufacturers 1 year warranty.

It is the manufacturer you should be blaming for delays, not Lowes. My guess is that if you are having a considerable delay in getting parts it is because you purchased an appliance such as LG of Samsung that are made in Korea and they are waiting for parts to get here from the other side of the world..

@Anonymous

It’s not my 1st Applience that I purchased from lows and the completely understand their warranty however you are responding.. and over the years lows always been the best in regard to giving the right information as they promised their consumer and that’s the reason I kept making them my primey place for my home Applience and improvement .

However, this time I had the worst experience and I should have listen to the views about lows getting a bad reputation and now I understand. It started in sep 2018 where they giving me false information saying: your part arrived and they will call you to schedule it yet nothing happen this happened more then 5times. I was told they will replace it because they can’t find the part then they change and say Oh we want to conf that the service company going to call you ....... This is all happened during the besiest time Christmas time spending hours over the phone and waiting for the service company to show up .

Lows made my holiday very stressful. I will definitely take my business to home depo where they care about their customer no matter how much they spend .

@Anonymous

Sounds like your complaint should be about the service company, not Lowes. Lowes is not responsible for the Warranty, the manufacturer and the service companies they use are.

@Anonymous

The contact is low’s and they have their own contract with few company which lows calls them to delicate the service claim NOT ME. A big company as low’s they are present by those contractor .

Low’s should be doing a better job assisting me . Again low’s promised me a call this week between wed and Friday to schedule my service and just I expected lows just preached me off to end my phone call.

I repeated they got my money for the extended warranty and they don’t care wither I have to go out of my way to do my loundry plus the cost plus the ageny with the irritation and bad customer service and The laying to me over and over and they still have not fixed it . I will be placing another call today to hear another lay for the 2ed time this week and over 16 times since oct 2018.

@Anonymous

Lol, take a moment and look at home Depot reviews. Look at your warranty and you will find Lowes did make your appliance. How did people become so stupid?

View more comments (6)
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes review in Atlanta, Georgia: Return of storage item

Lowe’s considered my storage item a Christmas item and would not let me return it. It wasn’t large enough and I have no use for it.

I'd be willing to bet your "storage item" was for something to do with Christmas like a tree box, wrapping paper container, ornament box or something made to store Christmas decorations. These items are sold only at Christmas time and would be covered by their seasonal policy just like any other Christmas item.

Lowes Manager
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes review in Steubenville, Ohio: Missing room rugs

3.2
Paid for two large room rugs on Dec 12th, went back to pick up for they were Christmas gifts, and was told they were no longer there at pick up counter. The employee was not concerned period and very unprofessional, however I was truly upset. Called store manager he checked on my purchase and again I was told they are not in store. I told him then one of two things happened an employee took them or they were sold again. I also told him I want to get two more rugs for the same price for these were gifts. Was told I couldn’t. From what I’ve been told this happens often at this store
#1622023

The only way to be 100% sure you will have a gift or any product when you need it is to buy it early and TAKE IT HOME. There are far too many things that can happen to a product left at the store.

With as many different people working in a store as there are it's easy for a product to get put back on the shelf in error. Next time, save a trip, and take your purchase home when you buy it.

Lowes Customer Care
Order processing issue

Lowes review in Ocala, Florida: Lowe's stinks.

I have never had good luck with Lowes. They promised deliveries and never show. I see personal all over your stores but no one helps. I talk to 7 sales representative and they just point or tell me an aisle number. Even in the aisle they do not assist. Assitant manager states sales representatives are not trained. I have had enough of Lowes. When I return from Korea and outfit my house it will not be with Lowes. I will also let all my military friends know how you treat a 80 year old military widow. Look forward to Lowes bankruptcy.

Oh, dang you pulled the widow and military card in one complaint. Oh and old.

When you shop fo groceries do you expect the person putting out apples to run back to the meat counter and wrap up a steak for you? Most people would be bright enough to realize that the person putting out apples works in the produce department and not the meat counter.

Why would you expect the person working in the electrical department that knows about wire and switches to be knowledgeable about doos and windows?

Yes, there may be a number of people working in a big box store, but the specialize in the department they work in so don't expect them to be able to answer your questions about s department outside their own. Would you rather that give you some kind os BS answer rather than telling you the truth and say they can't help you?

@Anonymous

Boy you sure do give snotty replies!!

View more comments (2)
Lowes Delivery Service
Poor customer service

Lowes review in Tallahassee, Florida: The worst transaction ever for a retail store

1.7
I ordered a washer and dryer on 11\28\18. I was told it would be delivered 12\13\18. Today is 12/31/18, and i am still waiting on items that have been sitting instore for two weeks. They have an "it" issue and cant get the items out for delivery. I have Called store multiple times, called corporate multiple times and customer service multiple times. I have been given 4 different times and dates of delivery with no show, i cant get a resolution and no one seems to be able to help
Lowes Washer And Dryer Combination Installation
Pros
  • Item i tried to purchase
Cons
  • Management and customer service

Lowes review in Thomasville, Georgia: Washing Machine

2.3
Ordered on 12/12 promised first Delivery on 12/28. Then canceled and rescheduled for 12/31. No call no show. When I called they were arranging for delivery on 1/1 New Years Day. after a couple hours to confirm the product was even in the warehouse. I doubt they would make a holiday delivery and they took enough time already. The washer was for my elderly mother and I hoped to have it delivered whilst my brother was visiting from Korea. After the second time missing delivery he was livid. Said it was very bad to stress out an 80 year old woman and that he did not want to deal with a company that would do so. They had enough time and could have communicated. It seems that their appliance fulfillment is lacking as well as the customer service on items that are crucial. Particularly for the elderly! Angry
Lowes Shipping Service
Cons
  • Failure to admit responsibility and resolve the issue
  • Later agree to deliver but declined to confirm
  • Just delay and then delay some more
Problem with delivery
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Delivery And Shipping

Lowes review in Jacksonville, North Carolina: Rebate, what rebate.

Bought a washer and dryer from Lowes. Purchased in part due to a rebate offer. Trying to navigate to burdensome rebate application program on line and then find out the rebate has expired. Wife won't like it, but the new w&d are going back to the store and I'll buy elsewhere.... principle.
Review

Lowes rebate program is a scam

on November 11, 2018, we purchased a washer and dryer combo that exceeded their $396 per appliance rebate price. Sent all purchase materials to their rebate center on Nov. 12, clearly showing the appliances and purchase price on the receipt. Received a letter today Dec 26 that sales receipt did not indicate the purchase of two or more appliances for $396 or more. WRONG, the receipt clearly showed the purchases. Lowes rebate center says I must resubmit receipt prior to Dec 31. So they sat on my rebate until the last minute, before sending the scam letter, knowing a resubmission will probably never get to them by Dec 31, so now they have another bogus reason to not pay the rebate. Glad I only purchased two appliances, so I only lost $75. Shame on you Lowes for treating customers this way
Lowes Rebate
Rebate scam
Loss
Preferred solution
I want my rebate.

Lowes review in Richmond, Kentucky: Carpet Installation

Carpet Buckling, it’s been going on for 3 years. Lowe’s sent someone out . They said the installers were at fault, but now say they aren’t going to correct the problem..
Lowes Carpet Installation