Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in West Sacramento, California - HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, LIARS

1.2
Purchased dishwasher, microwave and range from Zubiah (customer rep at store) at Lowe's in West Sacramento, California. He told my parents and I, they will receive a rebate for the amount of $150.00. Previously we checked the Lowe's Rebate Center and all it stated was processing. Finally today it states the amount of $75.00 dollars. We spend over the amount in order to receive the rebate. My question is where the *** is the second $75.00 dollars? Why all the lies? Lowe's customer service representatives lie to sell their products, and give false information to their customers. Why doesn't Lowe's indicate the amount of the rebate on the receipt, so customers immediately have a chance to go through with their orders or cancel it there. It only states that rebate can be from $15-$600 dollars, WTF. We will never shop at Lowe's again.
Pricing issue

Lowes in Hoover, Alabama - Lowe’s does not support after the sale

Lowes - Lowe’s does not support after the sale
Merry Christmas. We bought a very nice 6+ ft tall prelit Holiday Living tree from Lowe’s last year. Loved the tree. This year we took it out of the box and the center section did not work. Lowe’s said they only have a 90 day return policy so we are out of luck. Tree was used 1 Christmas Merry Christmas Lowes We are about to buy a new refrigerator and a range. Will go to Home Depot

Funny how the replies for Lowes really seem to be made by Lowes Team Members. On many of the incidents detailed here of real customer complaints that should be corrected by Lowes, you’ll then read the comments only to find snarky comebacks and belittling nonsense.

Just wait and let’s see what foolishness will follow this.

Lowes is not beyond reproach and your loyalty is only indentured servitude. Lowes cares no more of you than they do they dissatisfied customers.

@NotaLowesFan

What makes you think it's Lowes employees responding? There are a lot of people who aren't Lowes employees that understand the reality of business and know some customers have very unrealistic expectations.

@Anonymous

Why even comment if you’re not experiencing a similar problem with Lowes? The site is Pissed Consumer.

In hopes to share some examples of extremely poor customer service, that could be easily remedied at a store level, people leave their comments to just be heard.

Perhaps more comments are left by those who do work in retail in general. This shouldn’t be an outlet for degrading comments to those who feel slighted by companies who have no trouble taking your money but will not do right by them , regardless of their policies.

@NotaLowesFan

Let me get this straight... You write a post about how the comments are written by Lowe’s team members and are “snarky and belittling nonsense”.

Then you write the most snarky and belittling comment of all. There is something wrong with you.

@NotaLowesFan

I thought the troubleshooting tips that Lowe’s posted below were very helpful.

Really? Are you serious?

Why is it Lowe’s fault the light section is out on a tree a year after you bought it? You need to troubleshoot the problem and fix it! You probably broke a filament when you took the tree down and packed it away! That’s nobody’s fault, especially the store.

All Christmas trees are made in China, why not call the manufacturer and complain? Some people are Ridiculous!

Troubleshooting LED Trees: LED light strings feature one piece construction, which can make troubleshooting limited. Mini light testers do not work on LED trees.

If an LED tree is not lighting, check to make sure all wires are plugged in and fuses are securely seated. An LED light tester can also be used to identify which bulb or socket is not properly functioning. Many times the main plug that goes to the outlet is not in the lowest section of the tree, which can seem confusing. Larger trees often have 2 or 3 plugs that go into the wall, so look for these if the tree does not light completely.

Each of these plugs will also have a fuse, so check to make sure they do not need to be replaced if a section of the tree is not lighting. Troubleshooting Incandescent Prelit Christmas Trees: Troubleshooting can be easier with the use of a mini light tester. If using a mini light tester, our resource page regarding Testing for Faulty Bulbs, will prove useful. Understanding the technology behind an incandescent bulb and a light string is helpful when trying to determine the cause of a bulb that won't light.

Each bulb is lit through a filament, which is contained within the bulb's glass case. "One Light Goes Out, Rest Stay Lit" is a technology that uses an internal shunt within the bulb to continue the flow of electricity throughout a light string, even if a bulb has burned out. It is important to understand that if the shunt is broken when a bulb breaks, or if it is dislodged due to a loose bulb, the flow of electricity will stop. Additionally, each mini light has two small copper wires that come out of the base of the bulb, and fold upwards on each side.

When the socket is in place and the bulb is secure, this allows for the current to continue to flow. Sometimes the copper wire may be broken or out of position, and replacing the bulb or moving the copper wires into place should remedy the problem.

#1601982

Warranties on product cuts aren't provided by the store, manufacturers provide the warranty on their products. It isn't the stores fault if a product fails.

Do you think the manufacturers warranty on your appliances will be any different at Home Depot? You seem to be another consumer with unreasonable expectations of what a retail stores responsibility is.

h.kitchener

Your loss if you go to Home Depot for appliances instead of Lowe's. Regarding the tree, Lowe's didn't make it.

They have a 90 day return policy. It is what it is.

View more comments (8)
Review

Lowes in Port Saint Lucie, Florida - Remodeling Nightmare !!!

Hired Lowes to remodel a simple Laundry Room. Had to pay all the monies up front. This way your complaints vanish into thin air. They will return calls when they feel like it, they already have been paid. Contract date was 2/7/2018. They admitted that they completed the project Oct 2018 during which time we did not have use of our laundry room. There 5- week commitment was a complete lie. The job was miss measured ( I was told that the person employed to lay out the job had been let go ) and no one could fix. It is still not right. Now I have to go to small claims Court in the hope of getting some satisfaction.
h.kitchener

The old rule of never fully paying for a job up front still applies. No honest contractor would demand such a thing.

At most, you can agree to 20% down with another percentage upon 50% completion, etc. Bottom line, tho is that it is really not wise to have remodeling done thru any of the big box stores.

They hire some unknown contractor and when he fails to do a good job the store does not take responsibility. Best to check around, talk to friends, get references and such and hire a local contractor.

Lowes in Palm Springs, California - Online prices

2.5
Lowes - Online prices
I looked for travertine tile before memorial day . I found a tile by Faber that was what I was looking for the price at the time was 84 cents a foot. I was unable to find a store local so I began to look closer to LA. I notice the cost listed was not the same. When I asked the corp office they told me it was normal for the prices to very. I do not understand how the same store can have so many prices for the same item. By the time I was able to order an item I was being charged $4.48 a tile 1.99 a sq foot The price would cost me over $2,000.00 extra for the same tile. It's now over six months later I am still trying to get my purchased fixed. I have been told this is how they do business. So many of the tiles are damaged they can not be used all in the same room due to the tiles colors not matching one another. There not even close to the same color I have since found out the tiles are not the same number. Lowes refuses to accommodate me. I don't know what to do next.

If you ordered Travertine there is no dye runs as they are natural products that have variation. Also they are a fragile material which is why there are so many with other issues.

Did you order all the tile at the same time? If you didn't you will have different lots and the colors may vary.

It's not uncommon for prices to vary in chain stores due to local competition. One store may be selling at a lower price due to the price at a close competitor.

View more comments (1)
Product
Cons
  • Prices online
Pricing issue
$2000

Lowes in Las Vegas, Nevada - LAWSUIT: FRAUD, DECEPTION, & MONEY OWED

I BOUGHT EXPENSIVE GRANITE FROM LOWE'S ON SALE FOR $4,400 IN JULY & TO THIS DAY (NOVEMBER 2018) THEY INSTALLED GRANITE THAT DOES NOT MATCH AT ALL. LOWE'S & DESERT EAGLE STONE (702) SCREWED ME SO I WILL SUE THEM. THEY HAVE ALL MY MONEY & HAVE BEEN HORRIBLE TO ME. LOWE'S EMPLOYEES ARE LAZY, SLOPPY, & UNPROFESSIONAL SO I WILL SUE BOTH LOWE'S & DESERT EAGLE STONE IN COLORADO & HERE IN HENDERSON, NEVADA. I ALSO WANT LAZY CHANTE FIRED AT LOWE'S #784. I WILL PURSUE THAT ALONG WITH LYING STORE MGR NATHANIEL WHO LIED ON THE PHONE THAT WAS RECORDED. HE FINALLY ADMITTED TO NEVER CONTACTING ME. (702)804-0054 EXTENSION 347 (LAZY, LYING, INEPT INSTALLATION MGR WHOM I WILL SEEK TO HAVE FIRED. KAREN *** 702-240-8480

You should always inspect a natural product like granite that will have color variations before it is installed. If it didn’t match, why didn’t you refuse it rather than let them install it?

I continue to be harassed. Get a hobby. Get a life....

What do you mean it doesn't match? Granite is a natural product and no 2 pieces will be exactly alike.

@Anonymous

You idiot. it is pink & a totally different hue.

Lowe's has been to my house twice, & went to Desert Eagle Stone for a third time. I bought expensive granite on sale & they put a huge piece in that does not match color, hue, etc.

Mind your own business stupid. Of course the backsplash finally installed in December after purchasing over July 4th weekend substantiates how unprofessional, & criminal Desert Eagle Stone is.

View more comments (3)
Review
Pros
  • Store manager apology
Cons
  • Disinterest on the part of lowes employees
  • Chante - installation manager
  • Having granite installed that does not match
Damaged or defective
Full refund

Lowes in Newtown, Connecticut - Total fraud

1.3
The sales guy told me I would be covered 24/7. I bought the plan on his word and could not read the agreement in the store. My refrigerator broke. Was on phone for almost 1 hour with bad English. They told me they would expedite and call back that day. No one called. I had a tech fix the next day that I payed for. I called to place a complaint and nobody contacted me back. Called again and Lowes said someone tried to contact me over 1 week later. Why so long? They had pre-written responses to my questions. They would not reimburse me for the repair parts or labor. Wasted about 3 hours total on the phone. What did I pay for? Very dishonest.

My bet is that if you were to take some time and read the service plan you purchased you would find out exactly what you paid for. They may have someone that answers the phone 24/7 but that doesn't mean you will get immediate service. You aren't going to be put at the front of the line for service calls, you will be scheduled when the next technician is available.

@Anonymous

The Lowes representative realized I was in need for a timely repair and told me they would expedite and call me back with an appointment in a few hours. Never happened.

A total scam. All the way to the responses.

@Anonymous

So rather than calling them back you called someone else? That doesn't make them responsible to pay the repair company you chose.

@Anonymous

Why would we wait for Lowes to fix it when they did not even call back when they said they would? What kind of a joke is lowes service?

View more comments (3)
Warranty issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

DON'T BUY ANYTHING TO BE INSTALLED BY LOWES!!!

LOCATION: ST LUCIE WEST BLVD, PORT ST LUCIE, FLORIDA 34986 NOVEMBER 16, 2018 I bought a new refrigerator to replace the one I have that died. I was very specific about everything, even the door opening on the right, an ice maker, and the fact that it was available to be delivered immediately. I spent an entire DAY calling everywhere for this. The refrigerator was ordered and supposed to be delivered TODAY. I spent all morning taking everything out of the refrigerator and freezer. IMPORTANT FACT: The delivery people DO NOT WORK FOR LOWES. The paperwork did not say make sure the door opens from the right....great start, but they did change it. THEN.. ..the water line coming from the wall IS COPPER. Well... they won't TOUCH IT if it's copper. That means..... I have to call a PLUMBER to come and do whatever to the waterline FIRST and then call Lowes to have the delivery people come and finish. UNBELIEVABLE!! Calling Lowes and spoke to the Manager several times and he did NOTHING!! I CALL THAT BAIT AND SWITCH since nothing more than a $12 piece of tubing (which I got) was ever mentioned when I was ordering. Now I have the additional cost of a PLUMBER -- its FRIDAY afternoon now === over and above what Lowes has already been paid! PLUS I have both refrigerators sitting in my kitchen till the plumbing is done since they would not undo the original refrigerator (they don't touch copper, remember). I am so MAD I can't see straight! So my plumber comes later today and detaches the water line from the old refrigerator and attaches the new in less than 10 minutes WITH the tubing I had already purchased from LOWES!! Wow....must be magic, right? I watched my plumber. It's not magic and if I knew what to do I could have done it myself! So...at a charge of $114.30 more I have my new refrigerator running and making ice and the old one sitting here....taking up room. Now I have to call Lowes and make yet ANOTHER appointment for those jerk installers to come out and take the old refrigerator away. I will NEVER buy anything from LOWES ever again! and you shouldn't either. Obviously their customers DO NOT COME FIRST! and THEY COST MORE MONEY BY LIEING!

First off, Lowe's doesn't hire "installers" for appliances. Those people are called "delivery" people.

But look at all the money you save by going to Lowe's? That's why you went there instead of a local appliance retailer isn't it?

Review
#1402041 Review #1402041 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Words alone can not describle the hellish experience we have had
  • Store manager craig kusinger
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
LOWES OWES ME FOR THE PLUMBER I DIDN'T NEED!
Tags
  • Bad Customer Service
  • Rip Off Installers

Lowes in Cartersville, Georgia - Sloppy work

2.6
Lowes - Sloppy work
Lowes - Sloppy work
Poor work. gutters damaged trash left in yard. Piece of old roof left hanging in gutter. I took 2 pictures there are lots more damage trash.
OutlyingZorse

Who was the roofing contractor? Was it Ozark Roofing by chance? We have recently gotten the shaft by Lowe's.

Poor customer service

Lowes in Town And Country, Missouri - Terrible Experience Throughout the Installation Process

I purchased laminate flooring to be installed in April, 2018. When the installer came, he found that the subfloor height had been measured incorrectly. There was a another delay when the subfloor was delivered in a wet condition meant for outside use. After many weeks, the floor was installed but they didn't finish the base board installation or the transition pieces to the other rooms. After another long delay, the base board installers found that there was insufficient boards to complete the job. Also, there was insufficient quarter round length to go around the fireplace. In addition, the flooring was not installed wide enough so that the transition would cover the bare space. Finally, they couldn't install the transition to the basement steps in addition to not leaving space at the base boards for the sliding closet doors to close. It's now November, 2018 and the job still hasn't been finished due the lack of interest for the installer [Murphy] to send the people out to finish up. Lowes should take responsibility for this fiasco as they are the Company whom I hired to do the job. They didn't expedite or oversee the install.

Lowes in New Braunfels, Texas - Lawnmore repairs

I purchased the lawnmore last year and used it 4 times. After sitting for a few months, I took it out to trim my front yard but it would not start. I took it to Lowes and was told that the Manufacture would warranty the repairs for up to $120. I left it to get repaired. A week later I recieved a call from Lowes telling me the lawnmore was ready. When I went to pick up the lawnmore, I recieved a bill of $103.00. I asked what was extent of the repairs. I was shown an invoice that explained that a spark plug and air cleaner was replaced. I could not believe that a spark plug and air cleaner plus the labor was that expensive. I told them I was not happy with the invoice and refused to pay that amount. After arguing with them the bill was reduced to $60 for only the labor. I then asked about the $120 for the warranty andwas told that it was already included. I can't believe that the total repairs to fix the lawnmore would cost $120 plus $103 which equals to $203. I will NEVER BUY from Lowes, nor take anything to Lowes for repairs!!

Lawnmower warranty’s have never covered spark plugs, air filters or common maintenance parts and labor. In the owners manual along with probably a thousand Youtube videos shows you how to do it.

For a few dollars you could have changed them out yourself, like the rest of us do. Consider it an expensive lesson in life.

The warrant document states exactly what it covers. Why do you feel a warranty should cover consumer abuse and failure to follow directions or properly maintain their product?

HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!! YOUR WARRANTY SHOULD HAVE COVERED EVERYTHING>.

THEY RIPPED YOU OFF! REPORT THEM TO THE BBB!

More than likely all they had to do was put fresh gas in it. If you had let it sit for a few months and hadn't stabilized the gas it had more than likely gone bad.

It seems they make their money by taking advantage of people that can't or won't do the maintenance on their lawn mowers, doesn't it? Odd.

View more comments (4)
Review
Cons
  • Useless extended warranty
Warranty issue