Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in San Jose, California - Bad delivery process and management system

2.2
We tried to schedule delivery for 3 days in the roll. my husband confirmed Sunday delivery between 12 -4. they called this morning to want to deliver between 10-2 but they came outside our house at 3 pm and knocked on the door without ringing door bell and they took a picture of our house and left. At 3:15 pm, the manager Jose or whosever could have told them to come back and at 3:40 pm. They said sorry they are done. I am surprised how communication was done. They could have called us at 3 pm. They could have rung the doorbell at 3:00 pm when outside. They only said. We knocked and no one answered. It was raining and we have been expecting someone to ring on doorbell since 12:00 pm. I am very disappointed with the Lowes customer system. I understand it is Sunday, but the whole communication was off. At the critical moment, they could have reached out but they did not even try to call because it is raining outside. We have our kitchen light on and we have been home all the time. I don't believe they said they waited 15 min outside while not ringing our door bell or they could have called us but they did not. Even when we asked them to return. They said they are done for the day???? They don't really act on customer-centric problem resolution process. I got so disappointed at your brand Lowes. I thought you guys are smarter than that. It took me 30 mins to finally reach the manager. By then, the shipment guy are gone. I will return this fridge and I also will make sure all the media heard about my experience.
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Used to like their quality and brand
Cons
  • Bad communication and manager responses by jose
Problem with delivery
Full refund

Lowes in Conroe, Texas - Energyizer $5 Rebate Rejection

Email from LOWE'S: (why did I expect this?) ______________________________________________ We are unable to process your request at this time because your request did not meet the following requirement(s) of the offer: Your sales receipt did not indicate the purchase of $15 or more of qualifying Energizer Products Please return this entire email with all the missing information requested to the following address by: December 30, 2018 Lowes Checks Resubmit Offer #215401 P.O. Box 740923 El Paso, TX 88574-0923 Please allow 4 weeks from the date you mail this resubmission for final processing. If you have any questions, please call (877) 204-1223 Sincerely, Customer Care Department ID: 433082590 (215401) - HQGL-6845-0181 _______________________________________________ BOBA RESPONSE: To whom it may concern: We made our purchasing decision for a 24 pack of ENERGIZER double AA batteries on that particular day because the PRODUCT PACKAGING and KIOSK DISPLAY were BLATANTLY AND SPECIFICALLY AND BOLDLY MARKED with a $5 REBATE COUPON OFFER. The price of the product was $14.99 I am now to understand that you are refusing to honor our rebate because you very conveniently down-marked the product pricing by exactly one penny below the $15.00 minimum purchase requirement? How fabulously convenient for you is that? We will not be resubmitting anything. Kindly process the rebate or we will never shop at Lowe's again NOR will we ever buy Energizer products due to your DECEPTIVE REBATE ADVERTISING TACTICS. Further, I will let EVERYBODY know within 875 miles north south east and west in the great state of Texas what you are trying to pull. You have this ONE CHANCE to redeem yourselves and win our business back. OVER AND OUT! GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Neither Lowe's nor Energizer gives a *** Duh. The point of the promotion was to make you purchase two packages even if you didn't need them.

Your e-mail to them was charming though. It's cute that you think the friendly threat will make a difference.

@HYJ

You obviously either work for Lowes or have stock. Either way you’re a jerk.

Did you bother reading the rebate form before you sent it in?

dang, you fell for one of the oldest tricks in the retail rebate book didn't you? Nothing you can do but shop somewhere else i'm afraid.

But you'll be back. They always come back.

They really don’t care about your business. Shop local.

View more comments (4)
Product
Energizer Battery
Not as described/ advertised
Price reduction

Lowes in Jackson, Michigan - Not honoring price as marked

Went to the Jackson, MI store today and while shopping in the electrical section I noticed they had a product called a Cordapillar cord protector. Picked it up off the shelf to take a look and noticed a yellow clearance sticker on it for $3.00. It was a $22.98 product so I thought it was a great deal and I was willing to give the product a try. When we got up to the register with $80 of other merchandise, it rang up regular price so I pointed out the obvious yellow sticker on the front of the box. The first cashier said she’d never seen a clearance sticker like that, the second cashier said it was an outdoor center sticker. They made a few phone calls but nobody could tell them that the price was correct on the box. I explained the box was marked $3.00 and that’s what I expected to pay. They finally got a manager on the phone and upon hanging up with them, I was told they will not be honoring that price, to which I said “even though that’s what it’s marked with an obvious clearance sticker that says Lowe’s right on it?” The cashier apologized and said they will not be honoring what the sticker states because the manager said they wouldn’t. I expressed my dislike for their decision and that it wasn’t my fault as the customer that someone in their store potentially mismarked it and now they wouldn’t honor it. Needless to say, I probably won’t be shopping at this location again because it’s obviously being poorly managed.

Stores have the right to charge the correct price for an item. Using your misguided logic you feel it would be ok for you to take a friend shopping with you and have them place expensive items you want to buy over a lower priced tag.

You could then pick it up claiming that is the price you expect to pay. Sorry, the laws don't support criminals. If you see an item over a tag with a price that seems too good to be true take the time to read the tag. Does the description and the bar code match the product?

An honest person wouldn't take advantage of a misplaced tag or some other customer leaving a product in the wrong spot.

What if you were trying to sell your car and put an ad in the paper with a price of $10,000 and it came out in the paper at $1,000. Would you sell the car to someone for $1,000 as that is what was in the ad or would you explain that an error had been made and expect to get your $10,000?

@Anonymous

Wow you took that way out of context, glad you have nothing better to do then give stupid examples. It has nothing to do with being honest.

It has everything to do with a store honoring what they put on their products. It had the Lowe’s logo right on the clearance sticker.

If I was a criminal do you really think I’d spend the time to write a review about my experience. Fat chance!

@Author

The example was spot on. You might not have done it, but it is a common practice for thieves to swap prices.

Secondly, I think what he is saying that an honest person, once explained that the sticker was swapped, would understand and not want to support the fraud that someone tried to perpetuate on the store by expecting to pay the fraudulent price. It is the moral equivalent of buying stolen goods. Finally... I noticed you didn’t answer the pertinent question he asked.

1. Did the description on the sticker match the product? 2.

@Author

No, it wasn't taken out of context. It doesn't matter if an employee put the tag on by mistake, another customer pulled it off another item or you changed the tag.

The store has the right to charge the correct price.

If after being told that the too good to be true price is wrong, and you still complain, it makes a person wonder how ethical you are. You haven't said how much you would sell the car for, or is the situation different if you were going to take a loss?

@Author

Customers swap tags regularly. Then dump the item if they get spooked.. Get over yourself

So did you put the sticker there yourself? *** like that is why every retailer in the country has the right to correct pricing errors at the point of check-out, which is exactly what they did. K-mart lost millions back in the 70's because of people doing the old price sticker switch-a-roo.

@Anonymous

Yeah cuz I would have taken time out of my day to write this review if I was just being a dishonest piece of *** Let’s be realistic here. It had the Lowe’s logo on the clearance sticker, so not something I could have accessed myself.

If it sounds to good to be true...

View more comments (7)
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Baton Rouge, Louisiana - Where’s my order

I need to know where my order is at

It’s on its way!

How do you think posting on a complaint site is going to locate your order? Even if this had been a Lowes site you provide absolutely on detail as to what your order is or how and where it was placed.

Contact the location you placed your order with the order number and any other information you request. You are much more apt to get information on your order than wasting space on a complaint forum.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes in Worcester, Massachusetts - Carpeting

1.4
So-purchased so called “life proof” carpet. The install was supposed to be a runner up the stairs, and carpet to the end of the hall. I was assured by the salesman that it was awesome, pet and kid proof carpet. They installed it-incorrectly. But, OMG! they had enough carpet to come and redo the whole thing correctly. So- they planned to install carpet I paid for elsewhere,since the *** who “measured” seemed to measure twice and pay once. Eventually they redid it and still had a lot of carpet to spare. Insult to injury? The carpet is *** The kids and dogs are wrecking it- but, hey, I was stupid enough to believe that Lowe’s gave me good advice. I have had some success with their appliances, but I will never buy flooring from them again.
Lowes Carpet Installation
Bad quality

Lowes in Tahlequah, Oklahoma - Bad roofing job, damage to my house

We have siding on our house, when they roofed our house they took down strips of siding on the overhang. Did not put anything back now we have exposed wood and rain is getting in under the sideing and in the attic im sure. Very dissapointed in the whole experience! Want to charge us 825.00 to have a sideing installer come out and fix it. How can you take parts off someones house and just leave it off!
Lowes Roofing
Bad quality

Lowes in Augusta, Georgia - Purchased a Washer/Dryer with a promised rebate.

3.6
I purchased a washer and dryer in November during a rebate promotion. I submitted the documents the very next day. Lowe's can plainly see in their own system that my purchase met all the requirements for the promotion, which was a $100 Lowe's gift card, which I was planning to use for my holiday shopping. My rebate was denied, even though I met all the requirements and provided every last minutia of detail on everything I submitted them. Every time I contact them by phone (per their denial letter), I am sent through a looping robot call. I give up. Emails render no response. Calls are non-human and never result in anything. Everything is always "closed." Do not get suckered by Lowe's mail in rebates. If it isn't at the register, then it isn't going to happen. It's a lie, and I have no idea how this company doesn't get pounded by government regulations. It's wrong and my business will no longer ever be taken inside a single Lowe's store again. If they are willing to lose thousands of future dollars over a $100 gift card they promised me, then so be it. This company has lost its way.

On 11/14/2018 we purchased a Samsung washer/dryer based upon a sign offering a $75 lowes store Gift card AND $200 rebate provided we bought the 4-piece bundle (washer/dryer/2 pedestals). Promo sign was very clear in its come-on and we paid for the "bundle".

The next day we submitted the rebate receipt. January 1, 2019 we still have nothing. A phone call to the rebate department yesterday confirmed their receipt of the rebate request and stated that a $75 gift card was approved and being processed. "Victor" stated that we did not qualify for the $200 rebate.

His English was so poor i really could not understand him. He said the advertisement of the rebates on the sign was meaningless.

Where I come this called "fraud in the inducement" and is illegal. I will follow up with a Consumer Protection agency.

@JMDonnelly

Agreed. It’s false advertisement and Lowe’s SHOULD be held accountable. They are a very dirty company with a happy little store front.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Rebate
Pros
  • Home delivery
  • Selection of washer and dryer combos
Cons
  • Making everything difficult about receiving gift card
  • Lying about a promotion
  • Awful customer service after the sale
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE
  • Lowes Rebate
  • Lowes Rebate Not Honored
  • Lowes Lies
  • Lowes Does Not Honor Promotions

Lowes in Auburn, New York - Lost wages comp.

2.5
I got 3 different install times and dates from Lowe ref. the purchase and installation of a double oven. I was offered $90.00 because of lost time (12 hours total) I talked to our lawyer (he lives across the street) He said to go back to Lowes and ask for at least the min. wage for NY state( $9.70 per hour) I called Lowes Corp, and got a what call a "BS" (basic standard) reply have my lawyer call Lowes law dept. I will never purchase a major appliance or have a big project from Lowes again. We have a Home Depot in town. I will not recommend Lowes for anything major.
Poor customer service

Lowes in Plano, Texas - Terrible window replacement experience

Began this nightmare in March of 2018. Had 22 windows to be replaced. Lowe’s required 100% ($12,000) payment upfront upon signing contract. Was told windows would be ready in 6 weeks. It’s now December of 2018. Still waiting for job to be finished. Have taken over 12 days off work to wait for installations that never happened. Requested multiple times for contact by store manager. He never calls. I don’t know what I have to do to get this job done. Lowe’s only wants your money. The *** with customers. Just want everyone to know to stay away from this store!!!!!!
Lowes Window Installation

Lowes in Chaptico, Maryland - Terrible

3.8
Called appliances at the California md Lowes Toni answered she was very rude and instead of helping me she transferred me without telling me to front desk I had a question about an item being in stock and she couldn't help me she just transferred me and the phone ended up disconnecting awful experience.
Lowes Customer Care