Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in Chaptico, Maryland - Terrible

3.8
Called appliances at the California md Lowes Toni answered she was very rude and instead of helping me she transferred me without telling me to front desk I had a question about an item being in stock and she couldn't help me she just transferred me and the phone ended up disconnecting awful experience.
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes in Big Rapids, Michigan - Told by Salesman to purchase wrong appliances

3.4
On Sept 30, 2018 my husband and I purchased 5,500.00 of GE appliances, from the Lowe's store in Big Rapids, MI. We purchases a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and microwave. We only purchased the GE brand because the salesman told us that we would get a 500.00 rebate from Lowe's. He gave us the rebate form to send in with a copy of the receipt. I sent it in Oct 8th and it was received Oct 16th. I am now told it is only on GE Cafe Appliances. I feel we were scammed. We were talked into more expensive appliances because of the promise of a rebate. I also never would have purchased GE except fore the promise. I was always a fan of the LG appliances. How is a customer to know the differences of a cafe appliance?

Always read the fine print, no matter what the salesman told you, the rebate form tells you what specifically is eligible for a rebate. In the future you would be wise to never trust a salesman, get it in writing, and vilidate his claims. It is called “buyer beware”, and by law, it is the responsibility of the buyer.

Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • Untrained salesperson
Rebate not as presented
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Item never received

Ordered item on Black Friday online. The email receipt states that they will send me other emails on the order/delivery status, this was never done. I called Lowes helpdesk and they stated that it was delivered when it was never received by me. They opened a tracking ticket with FedEx and had me follow up with FedEx on the delivery. I called Fedex and they stated that the package was lost and to call Lowes to start lost package processing. I called Lowes and asked for the item to be reshipped. They said ok and a store manager will call me in 24hrs. That never happened. I call Lowes again and this time they said that they sent the request to the wrong store and that a store manager from the correct store will call me in 24 hrs. Again that never happened. Lowes failures : - email updates on delivery status was never sent - store managers never called - why should I be the one to call FedEx when it wasn't me who contracted with them to deliver the item. Take away : NEVER shop online with Lowes. Go to there competitors instead or even better Amazon as they will make sure everything is right.
Lowes Shipping Service
Problem with delivery
Full refund

Lowes in Fontana, California - Bad pick up customer service representative named Provita

First I would like to point out that I a U.S. Army Veteran. On 12/10/18, went into Lowes on 16851 Sierra Lakes Parkway, Fontana, CA for a pickup of firewood which I thought included a stone fire pit. I tried to print off a copy of my e-mail with the confirmation number but had trouble so I took a picture of it. This Provita told me she was not capable of reading the number so she couldn't help me. I told her I forgot my reading glasses and could someone read it. She sends me to customer service and in alliance they claim they couldn't read it also. I asked if they could san it and was told no. I ask since it is a hardware store if anyone had that glass thing that makes print larger. I was told no. So I had to take the 15 minute drive home to locate the number. The minute I got home I put on my glasses look at the number, and low and behold I could read it. I went back to the store and read Provita the number to let her know it was readable. This is not acceptable behavior from employees. When giving her my ID I pulled out my military retirement card to let her know that this is not the way to thank us for our service.
#1619734

So you received bad customer service because the employees need glasses?

Why do you feel that employees in a store should treat veterans better than anyone else? They should treat EVERYONE the same regardless of race, gender or anything else. Get over the idea that you are better than the person standing next to you.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Farmville, Virginia - Missing bumper

3.3
Purchased John Deere e170 this spring. It was delivered with missing front bumper. Called customer service about once a month they always say would you like someone to call you. Then the company says they it’s going to be shipped ot you. It’s now December about 7 month later still no bumper. When you call they say that was before my time here do you want someone to call you? No I want the bumper that should have been on the mower I purchased. Please fix it and someone calling me doesn’t fix it.

Tip for the future: Always look over your deliveries before you sign for them. If you find it damaged of parts missing, do not accept delivery and have the delivery drivers take it back.

Don’t listen to the delivery people when they say “call the store and they will bring the missing part out”, they don’t work for Lowe’s and just don’t want to load it back onto the truck.

Believe it or not, the process for replacing the whole machine is easier than getting a missing part. It’s the same for all Big Box retailers.

Review
#1422052 Review #1422052 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Customer servie
  • Unprofessional managers and contracors
Poor customer service

Lowes in Clinton, Maryland - MY Deck

Had a deck put on by a company Lowes contracted out. A two week deck took 5months and Lowes did not want to compensate me accordingly. I will never give Lowes any business. They have poor customer service, unskilled workers and managers that you can never speak to.

What do you want them to "compensate" you for? It sounds like your deck has been installed.

You don't say there is anything missing or that it wasn't built as planned.

You don't say that you had to hire someone else to complete the deck. Yes, construction delays can happen but unless your contract had a specific date for completion of the project with penalties spelled out it doesn't sound like they owe you anything.

Review
#1421971 Review #1421971 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Manager
Problem with delivery
Price reduction

Lowes

4.5
The people at store 0719 in California md are rude head cashier Darlene and shanika are rude and don't want to do any work I asked them to help me with my purchase they rolled their eyes and started talking to other countries workers I will never come in Lowes again because of there level of rudeness

You can't expect the cashiers at any store to leave their register to either help you shop or load your purchase. They are there to check out customers and walking away from the register leaving the cash un-attended would be a security risk as well.

Keep in mind you are shopping in a big box store rather than a full service store. If you need help, look for someone on the sales floor to help you.

@Anonymous

I was talking about the ignorance of them not asking them to leave the register just wanted them to guide me in the right direction I was asking for good customer service clearly they lack those skills I wouldn't expect them to leave the register to help me I just expect them to have class .

@Anonymous

Yes, because when I think of Lowe’s, I think of “Class”! Especially from a barely over minimum wage cashier.

How about you class up your posts with some punctuation. These run on sentences are very ignorant and rude to the reader.

@PCFL2592

I don't have to use punctuation for a post this is my opinion if you don't like what I'm saying get off this post you just as ignorant as the two ladies working there a post don't need punctuation it can run a d run until I run you out this post you not worth my time or energy so bye felicia

@Anonymous

The "writing" of the OP is painful to read.

@PCFL2592

How bout you comment on the situation and not my grammar you clearly ignorant for not reading the situation and giving the proper imput

@PCFL2592

I can’t keep up. Who is Felicia?

Was she rude to you as well? Or was it just Darlene and Shanika who rolled thier eyes and walked away from you?

@Anonymous

Both of them shanika and Darlene were rude you weren't understanding that I was frustrated of the service they gave me so I said bye Felicia it's an expression used when someone isn't getting the point. I was did respected by them and they provided terrible customer service that's all I have to say

@Anonymous

Bye Felica actually means "get out *** High levels of disrespect associated with such a term. You will never receive respect if you are a disrespectful person yourself.

@Get educated

You are missing the point of the situation so I'm done the situation occurred it's done and over moving on

@Get educated

U disrespectful and dumb nobody asked u for your opinion

@Get educated

Yes... I always find the ones complaining about someone being disrespectful, are usually the ones who are the most disrespectful themselves.

@Anonymous

Why would you expect a cashier to know where everything in the store is located?

@Anonymous

Nobody said anything about cashier knowing where an item is the post was about asking for help with purchase and the service by associates are bad so I'm done you are completely missing the point

View more comments (13)
Review

Lowes in Gary, Indiana - WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CUSTOMER COMES FIRST AND SHOULD BE VERY WELL PLEASED WITH SERVICE AND PRODUCT?

I purchased a dishwasher on line on Black Friday for a good price. A few days later I went to customer service in the store and asked if the delivery men would be installing it as well. I was advised that the delivery men could and would install it for me as well has haul away the old one. When it was delivered, they left the boxed washer in the middle of my kitchen floor and said the weren't allowed to install it or remove the old one. So, I was left with both dishwashers and very crowded kitchen. Later in the day a service rep from Lowe's called saying I would have to pay $149 to have the washer removed and the new one installed. Here it is 12/11/18 just before Christmas and Lowe's refuses to help in any way unless I paid for something I was told would be no charge. They wouldn't adjust my bill because I had purchased the washer on Black Friday. I have worked in retail for several years before retiring and I have never had such deplorable customer service as this. Lowe's can be assured I will be shopping at their competitors from now on. We now know your bottom line. Make the sale, forget about the customer's needs.

You made the dishwasher purchase online. It clearly states: “Need this dishwasher installed, Lowe's can help; Call 1-866-678-2761 prior to purchase; includes dishwasher only” You got exactly what they paid for.

You can’t blame Lowe’s for your inability to read and follow instructions.

Additionally, in the terms of the delivery it states: “For your convenience, we provide additional installation services for an additional fee. Dishwashers, microwaves, cooktops, wall ovens, slide-in ranges, drop-in ranges, gas ranges, gas dryers, range hoods, garbage disposals and trash compactors can be installed by a Lowe's third-party qualified professional.”

Perfect example of a lowe's employee being overwhelmed with customers due to Lowe's gross under staffing of their stores. That poor sales person probably had 15-20 people waiting for them to help them and just told you anything to get the sale done. Happens all the time especially on the busiest shopping day of the year!

@Anonymous

OP purchased the dishwasher online. Then talked to a returns desk cashier a few days later.

As OP stated there was never a discussion about price of said services. You can't expect something for nothing.

View more comments (2)
Review
#1420977 Review #1420977 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Fair pricing

Lowes in Morristown, Tennessee - You will regret

We had hardwood floors installed in our home 4 years ago. A year and a half later (after the labor warranty had expired) our floors began to pop and when you walk on certain areas it pops worse. Lowes contends we have a moisture problem, but our home was checked by their installer before the floor was put down. It makes me sick that we spent so much money and cannot get any kind of help toward a solution.

A flooring installation company is a certified home inspector??

Review
#1420418 Review #1420418 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Flooring Installation
Bad quality

Lowes in Amherst, New Hampshire - Customer Service

To LOWES, If you really want to not only stay in business, but instead make real progress, focus on the customer service and review, because this is the real representation of any company. And who comes in direct contact with the customer? The employee in the bottom... I have been in retail for many, many years, and I have to let you know that you became very lucky having Sylvia as a sales associate in Amherst NH. More particularly I met Sylvia a few years ago when she was working at Home Depot in the painting department. I had to find the right paint to match with the existing one for my kitchen cabinets as I was adding new pieces. I was quite confused, I did not know what to do, and even worse the associates in general try to avoid you. This is not something new to me as it is not so unusual. But what impressed me from the very beginning was Sylvia's prompt demeanor to help me right away. She listened to my concerns, realized immediately what was my problem, offered options, and narrowed them down based on my needs explaining why. She solved my problem by finding the exact match through trial and error very quickly. She was helping me without neglecting other customers or wasting time. Willing to help, good listener with patience, very knowledgable, fast, still active and very kind to all, customers and coworkers, and most importantly all this time without being under any supervision! A week ago I stopped at Lowes in Amherst and to my suprise I ran into Sylvia again. I knew that it was my lucky day. I had not seen her for many years, but I still remembered her. Now she works in the lighting department, however that did not stop her from leading me to the tiles department, introducing me to the person in charge, and still helping me with tile selection. And again she reminded me that any time I need her to not hesitate to visit and reach out for her. Now as a customer and with long retail experience, I feel the need to let you know, that if you REALLY WANT BIG NUMBERS, the bottom employees who REALLY PRODUCE, DESERVE ALL THE REAL ATTENTION and SUPPORT by you, the upper ups, because they are VERY RARE TO BE FOUND. Thank you Sincerely Lita K.

No one cares about your banal and lame post....

Review
#1419196 Review #1419196 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product