Filter by rating

5.0

Update by user Nov 06, 2018

And we got the 10% military discount that Home Depot wouldn't give

Original review posted by user Nov 06, 2018

After reading so many bad reviews, I was very hesitant to use Lowes. But our experience replacing carpeting in 3BRs, family room, stairs, closets was great. Ordered Stainmaster Pet Protect Riverwalk from their Cary, NC location. Employee Adam was knowledgeable and made no errors. I was also concerned that the installation go well. Installers from Legacy Flooring in Raleigh, NC arrived on time. Three man crew moved designated furniture, ripped up old carpet and pad, installed new of both, vacuumed and hauled away old materials. Crew chief wore t-shirt "Rodriguez Flooring" so maybe Legacy subbed it to them. Crew was professional, polite and did a wonderful job - even asked where we wanted seams placed. Couldn't have gone better. It's beautiful! I think it really matters that the installers have lots of experience. Otherwise, it can be a nightmare.
with carpet installation

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Kitchen remodel

Started our remodel in January, Still not done. I have finished the caulking and the touch up paint where the contractor damaged the kitchen ceiling. When they first came to our house super nice, but once you pay good luck!! They demo our kitchen then came to install our new cabinets with drywall missing behind the cabinets and in the ceiling. I had to stop the install myself and insist on the drywall being repaired before the new cabinets be installed. I asked the contractor if he would have done this to his and house and he said no. I asked why he was with my house and he did not have an answer. First of many problems. Cabinet doors damaged buy the contractors, and no return calls or email from Lowes to our questions without me going to the store. In our quote we paid for "cleaners" to come and clean up after Lowes left. Still waiting on them to show, I cleaned myself and asked for a refund for that charge. No answer and my email are not answered. I went to the store and spoke to the manager, still wanting on an answer. The tile installer is the project manager dad. He damaged the ceiling, scraped on the paint done to the drywall. He did come and spray the texture on but I gave on waiting for him or someone to come and repaint the ceiling. We are supposed to have soft close doors and drawers but several are not working correctly. When the cabinet man came he said nothing is wrong. I do NOT recommend using Lowes.
Loss

Lowes in Clarksville, Tennessee - Damaged refrigerator and door

Lowe’s has delivered 3 damaged refrigerators to us and today a damaged front door which we refused. We have paid around $8000 for appliances and a front door and storm door recently. The LG French door refrigerator was delivered 3 or 4 times, ( I’ve lost times) and each was damaged. We finally accepted one which was slightly damaged in order to have a refrigerator. Months ago we special ordered a main front door and storm door. Today it was sent out damaged. We refused it. Corporate office first refused to replace it even though we paid cash for both doors and installation. Finally, he (whatever his name is) supposedly said he would reorder the door. It was essentially like pulling hen’s teeth to get to this point with him and remind you this is an expensive door that we have already paid for plus installation. He knew how to use the B.S. they are taught to use to appease the public but we weren’t buying into it. These corporations should know by now that the public is sick and tired of all their corporate lingo to the consumer. Here winter is coming on and we still have no doors and a brand new refrigerator with minor damage to the back plate. Every time we deal with Lowe’s it is another nightmare, yet, the other competitor is almost as bad. Where does this leave you in 2018? Gone is the day when man put pride in his work and products. It’s very disheartening to say the least. Be prepared when you shop for major articles in particular and stand your ground with these big companies. After all, it’s your hard earned money, not their’s.
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Mesquite, Nevada - Pissed Consumer

I see today Lowes is closing 51 stores maybe this is the reason. The store in St. George Ut had a table/mag rack on display , which the wife wanted after talking to the sales person thru his manager, none on stock and could not sell the display item. Closing stores. Once upon a time I was trying to send this message as a pissed consumer and it came back as under 100 words, so I will just babble until I get there and get more pissed. Maybe Home Depo I looking better for my money. Still short how is your day going am I talking to India. Still to short how is the weather in India I see you are 12 hours later than here in the states

Most stores won't sell the display if more stock is coming. There are several reasons for this.

If there is no display people won't know they sell it. Having a display, they may take an order for future stock coming in or the customer may return to buy it when new stock comes in. It also takes time to build a new display when new stock comes in. Time that stores that are thinly staffed don't have.

People often look over the displays closely and want discounts for any blemish they can find. Why sell it at a discount if you would just have to take time building a new one when fresh stock arrives in a few days.

So... Lowe’s didn’t sell your wife the display.

Yes, I’m sure that’s the reason why they are closing 51 stores. Lol

Huh? What?

View more comments (2)

Lowes - Scam artist

I have borrowed 4,000 dollars from Lowe’s. 5 1/2 years later I still owe 4000. I’m disabled and cannot continue to make this payment. I’ve paid back over 10,000!!! When does it end. I will never shop at Lowe’s again!

Anytime you use a high interest rate store credit card and make only the minimum payment you will end up paying for years and years. Either start making larger payments or go to your bank and get a loan with a lower interest rate.

Stores love to push store cards as they pay no fees to the major credit card companies.

The companies that issue the store cards charge consumers higher interest rates to make up for the fact that the store doesn't pay them anything. Store cards are generally not a good deal for consumers.

Pricing issue

Lowes in Elverson, Pennsylvania - Changed delivery date for refrigerator .. lost all my food.

Lost over 300 in frozen and perishable food. Manager of Morgantown lowes couldn't care less. Kinda of a *** to us.

You leave out a lot of detail. Exactly how did you loose $300 in frozen food?

What was the reason for the delay? Was it because the manufacturer didn't deliver the refrigerator to them when it was due?

If you need an appliance urgently make sure it is in stock at the location you are purchasing it from and ready for delivery. If it isn't there is always a chance for a delay in delivery.

Poor customer service

Lowes in Holmdel Township, New Jersey - Unacceptable service..run around.

Update by user Nov 03, 2018

Original review posted by user Nov 02, 2018

Warning Notice! Do not use Lowe’s service for anything at the Holmdel location. You will regret it. They use subcontractors who are not Lowe’s employees and Lowe’s has no control of their own subcontractors. They do not control over there own sales representatives who do not follow through on what they say. I am also investigating the Lowe’s company policy and on home improvement and whether the violation the Home Improvement Practice Regulations below and consumer protection laws. I believed they have violated the Home Improvement Practice Regulations found in the New Jersey Administrative Code at N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.1 et seq. In multiple instances. (See below for details) The requirements of the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, N.J.S.A. 56:8-1 et seq. (the “Act”) and the Home Improvement Practice Regulations found in the New Jersey Administrative Code at N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.1 et seq. (the “Regulations”), place obligations on contractors and protect consumers when it comes to home improvements. Contractors should be aware of these provisions in view of the potential costs of non-compliance, and homeowners should familiarize themselves with these provisions prior to undertaking home improvements. Generally, the Act protects consumers from unconscionable commercial practices such as fraud, misrepresentation, and deception by persons involved in the sale of goods and services, including home improvement contracts. The Act defines contractors as persons engaged in the business of making or selling home improvements, and requires all contractors to be registered with the State of New Jersey. Contractors doing home improvements, defined as all construction work that is not construction of a new residence, are also subject to the home improvement practices regulations. Contractors must comply with the Act and the Regulations, or risk costly litigation and monetary penalties. In many cases, a violation of the Regulations, such as failure to provide a written contract, constitutes a per se violation of the Act and may subject the contractor to triple damages under the Act. The home improvement contract between the seller/contractor and the consumer/homeowner sets forth the rights and obligations of the parties with respect to the home improvements being performed. Pursuant to the Regulations, all home improvement contracts in excess of $500, and all change orders of such contracts, must be in writing and signed by the parties. Failure of the contractor to provide a written contract or change order is automatically a violation of the Act, and the homeowner need not prove that the contractor intended to violate the Act. Under the Regulations, the written contract must clearly and accurately, and in understandable language, set forth the terms and conditions of the contract, including the following: A detailed description of the work to be done and materials to be used. · A start date and an end date. · The total price to be paid by the homeowner, including finance charges. · The legal name and business address of the seller or agent who negotiated the contract for the seller. · A description of any mortgage or security interest to be taken in connection with the sale or financing of the home improvements. · A statement of any guarantee or warranty with regard to products, materials, labor and services made by the contractor.

Most likely a fake review. The poster doesn’t give us any kind of grievance or damages they suffered.

Not even a basic outline of thier ordeal. Just an accusation with no detail to back it up.

Lowe's is protected by the contract you signed. The third party contractor who did the work is who is liable for this, not Lowe's.

You can try to sue them if you wish, but it won't hold up in court because they have a signed contract absolving them from damages caused by the third party contractor. If you hire an attorney they will find this out pretty quickly.

You can file a complaint with the NJ Consumer affairs. If The State looks at your evidence and finds that Lowe’s is non-compliant then they will impose fine on Lowe’s(the Contractor) of which the State receives.

Then perhaps Lowe’s will find it better to settle out of court with you for damages.

If the State finds that Lowe’s is compliant, They will serve as a mediator in resolving the dispute, and if you and Lowe’s can’t agree, then you will have to file a lawsuit against Lowe’s and let the court decide. Since you give no details exactly how Lowe’s has violated the state law, I would have to assume that they are compliant.

TroubledGiantClam852

The notion that the biggest, most prosperous businesses are somehow immune from regulatory oversight is simply ludicrous. These powerful megacorps are just as susceptible to labor violations as their small and mid-sized counterparts.

Good luck in Court.

@PCFL1592

No court for me.... New Jersey state law violation. NJState vs Lowe’s

@TroubledGiantClam852

Or hopefully corporate Lowe’s tight up policy to existing New Jersey state law.

View more comments (6)
Reason of review
Lowe’s policy and whether the violated Nj law..Home Improvement Practice Regulations found in the New Jersey Administrative Code at N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.1 et seq.
Loss
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Manchester, New Hampshire - Delivery is never on time and never on that day .

We have been ordering home improvements products from Lowes but the delivery system is too bad. They call a day in advance about the delivery time and give a time span but are never on time. Many times they never come that day, when we call after waiting the entire day we are told the Lowes store was not ready with the product. They should first check with the store and then call the customer for the delivery day and time. The time span they give is very long so one has to keep waiting, the entire day for them and then they do not come and do not even call to tell that they won't be coming. This is not the first time, we are into construction and place many orders but now wee are fedup.
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Horrible service

Went to Lowe's in Plainville, Ma and designed remodeled kitchen. They sent out someone to measure twice. Ordered cabinets in July, supposed to be completed by Oct. Kept coming up with excuses after Oct for not receiving - when finally arrived had to be sent back - some cabinets 3 or four times before correct. When installed they had measured wrong and blamed it on us. Finally got them all installed in April. Had to go through 6+ months without kitchen(holidays), since we had gutted it for Oct. delivery. contacted corporate headquarters, they would look into it - (we had paid up front $30,000 and signed contract in July that it would go to arbitration if need be.) Contacted No. Caroline better business bureau - they couldn't get anywhere with Lowe's either. Our only option was to sue - instead we just got someone else to complete the kitchen and continue to tell everyone we know what a lousy company Lowe's is. It was an expensive and nerve-wracking experience but will never set foot in a Lowe's again.
TroubledGiantClam852

Let Lowe’s feel the pain on at a store level call Lowe's corporate Customer Care...at 1 800 445-6937. It will force the store manager to fill out report and also call you with in 24 hrs. Let Lowe’s corporate feel you pain and poor service Fill out complaint with the state, Attorney General's Office and Consumer Complaint and Consumer-Affairs Copy the same answer to Attorney General's Office | Consumer Complaint Massachusetts Attorney General's Office | Consumer Complaint https://www.mass.gov/how-to/file-a-consumer-complaint https://cedac.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Office-of-Consumer-Affairs-Guide-to-Home-Improvement-Contractors.pdf

h.kitchener

Homeowners go to these big box stores all the time and do what you did---contract with them to purchase and have installed cabinets, etc. The problem is that you are never assured the people at Lowe's know what they are doing or whether their measurements are accurate.

Then, Lowe's subcontracts with who-knows-who to actually install the cabinets. When things go wrong, you have to complain to Lowe's and go thru many different people in order to try and fix the problem(s).

Best to avoid big box stores and go directly to a small cabinet retailer who has their own installers or find a local building contractor who does this kind of work. And, of course never pay in full before work starts and always hold back at least 50% of the cost until the work is completed to your satisfaction.

View more comments (1)
Featured

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator

Lowes - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator
Lowes - Damaged my home during delivery of refrigerator
Lowe’s Home Improvement - I have called Lowes twice and am now sending an email. The service I received from Kimberly Brewer in your claims department is provoking. She is rude, talked over me, refused to transfer me to someone else more polite or could answer my questions and told me I had to work with her only! She then disconnected the call. I asked to speak with someone else 7 times. My home was damaged significantly by Lowe’s due to a faulty install that caused a water leak to occur for over a three week period. I have called Lowe’s all week. I also emailed them. When I didn’t respond. When they finally called me back a moment ago the lady was beyond rude and seemed irate that I called and left a total of three messages ( 2 phone calls and one email). She mocked my request to speak to you or anyone else who could provide polite assistance. I’m considering my legal options at this point. I also have asthma along with my child and the the wet Sheetrock reeks of mildew. This fact that there is documented water damage that has accumulated over a three week period is gross negligence at this point and adverse to my health. They would not call me back. I’m also considering having Lowe’s pick up this refrigerator and I will cancel the credit card. This is not the kind of service I expected from Lowe’s. I will be sharing this experience only via social media, I also plan to contact your corporate offices to file a complaint. Lastly, I am requesting to be assigned to another claims examiner. I don’t this or the above issues are unreasonable requests.

Lowe's doesn't have employees that do installations. They contract it out to a third party.

That third party is who your complaint is against, which is probably why they aren't dealing with you. If you sue them, you will lose. You need to sue the company that actually did the installation.

It's in your contract. Read it.

@Anonymous

You’re totally wrong! Those contractors are on a CONTRACT with Lowe’s to do The work, are paid by LOWES to do the install, therefore LOWES is responsible!

Since you mentioned that you are considering your legal options, you do realize that Lowes will Only deal with your lawyer... correct?

Lowes Will Not deal with you.

You also realize that you will have to Pay your lawyer even if he/she decides Not to take on your case... correct?

BouncyCanaanDog