Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Never Buy From Lowes!!!

1.3
For any big-box stores who can't figure out why consumers are flocking to Amazon, you might want to review your idiotic policies. I was shopping for an impact drill on-line. So, I figured I'd check out Lowes. While on their site, up popped one of those folding ladders - something we had thought about buying for my pa-n-law for Xmas. I clicked on it, and it fit the bill, plus it was discounted from $149 to $89. I put it in my cart along with the drill and proceeded to check out. Road block... I could pickup the drill, but the ladder had to be delivered - there wasn't an option for me to pick it up. Ok, well, whatever - I didn't even know they delivered. So, I finished my purchase, paid for everything and went on my way. When checking out, I gave the my 'landline' number, as you know how businesses they like to capture phone number and email, and then bug you all the time. It was delivered, like the very next day. Wow! Great service. Today, a week later, I check my phone messages, and there's a message from Lowes. "I have your order here for delivery, just wanted to make sure you understood, you'll be charged $59 for the delivery of the $89 ladder" What?!! I swear there was no clear indication of a delivery fee on-line, let alone the actual delivery fee - or I wouldn't have bought the damned ladder! The delivery fee ate up the entire savings. I would have picked it up - which was my preference, had the on-line site given me that option. Oh, but wait - there’s more... I decided I better check my bank account. There’s a charge of $193.98 on my account from Lowes. Huh?! I pulled the bill from Lowes, and it shows a delivery fee of $94 bucks!!! Are you kidding me?! The store that delivered the ladder is 5.2 miles away, or 12 minutes. That 12 minute delivery equates to a hourly delivery rate of $470 bucks, or $18 pr mile. Based on this experience, I will never, ever cross a Lowes threshold! Lowes! *** no, they’re rip-off artists. Maybe Lowes should approach Amazon for a referral fee. From my perpsective, Lowes just told me not to buy from them, but to buy from somebody else more credible.

Have you tried calling customer care?

billz
@AnonPerson

No. Unfortunately, I was so irritated when I listened to the message stating they were going to charge me $59 to deliver an $89 ladder - and then actually charged me $94 for the delivery, I deleted the message - which included the name of the person who called and her number.

I assumed since the item had been delivered, they would simply tell me they had called, and I hadn't responded and then pass me from one person to another. Since then, though I have spent several hundred on yard supplies (fertilizer, pavers, etc), and haven't stepped a foot inside Lowes. As a matter of fact, yesterday evening Lowes ran an ad announcing mulch at 5 for $10. This morning I drove right by Lowes, and into Home Depot, and picked up 10 bags for $20 - I assumed Home Depot would have the same or similar deal, and they did.

So, thank you Lowes, for reminding me to go to Home Depot!

I will never buy anything from Lowes again. That $94 dollar fee will cost them a *** of a lot more in the long run.

@billz

FOR EVERY ONE CUSTOMER NO LONGER SHOPPING AT LOWE'S AND GOING TO HOME DEPOT, THERE IS A CUSTOMER NO LONGER SHOPPING AT HOME DEPOT AND GOING TO LOWES.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Delivery was fast
Cons
  • Only had truck delivery as option
  • Phone message said delivery fee would be 59 bucks
  • Received phone message after delivery
Problem with delivery
  • Stupid Company Policies

Lowes in Beverly, Massachusetts - Worse Experience Ever.Stay Away

2.7

Update by user Nov 27, 2018

Sorry for some of the typos was so pissed typing this on my cell phone .

Original review posted by user Nov 27, 2018

WARNING STAY AWAY. after a couple of high estimates decided to go with Lowes in danvers Ma.they were a little less for the same fencing the others sell. this project is on going for 4 months, it should of been done in a month it took the vendor for ever to show up and Lowes never stayed on top their Vendor to make them finish the job....after a long while they came and installed one side ran out of materials because of bad measurements, it took 2 weeks to get more fence materials and a while again for their vendor to come back out to do the other side . on 11- 18 vendor caame back out and started the other side they ran out of material again due to incorrect measurements by 2 Feet now the job is held up again Total time 4 months and counting .The vendor always comes when we are going to have a big rain shower the day beofe or after . this visit the day of a big rain storm . now its setting and need to be fixed ...Lowes Never did their job efficient I complained to numerous people at the corporate office that handles installed stuff and the local store in Danvers Ma.still 4 months later and counting. Sorry to Say, Stay Away From Lowes Installs .there just isn't enough space tl list whatavbad experience this turn out to be my wife and I are so Disgusted with Lowes and Stress over all this ....paying for something that turned out Bad.

Usually estimates for fencing will specify how many feet of fencing will be installed. Was theirs the lowest bid because they were providing less fence in their bid?

Lowes Fence Installation

2.7
Lowes - Advertised price not honored
Lowes.com had a mulitpositon ladder advertised on their website for about $35 , I purchased 2 of them, completed order, received a comformation email . The next day, I received an email from Lowes.com informing me that the price was incorrect and was a clerical error and they were cancelling the order. Just that quick, no regret, no remorse, no compensation for me or my time or the fact that my funds are on hold waiting to be returned to my account. This is not my first problem with purchasing at lowes.com , other times had orders cancelled becasue the item was no longer in stock although their inventory system stated there were several available. I am only one person and Lowes.com will surely not notice me not buying from them anymore, so I come here to vent my frustrations

Other retailers do the same things.

Take a minute to scroll to the bottom of the opening page of their site and hit Terms and conditions. Reading through it you will find they can not and do not guarantee the accuracy of many things including prices.

By reading their terms and conditions you will be left to believe that you can't believe anything you see on their site and that they will take absolutely no responsibility for anything related to anything you see there. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Did not honor advertised pricing
  • Poor customer service from corporate - 800-445-6937
Price reduction

Lowes in Iowa City, Iowa - Is this the 90's?!

Lowes - Is this the 90's?!
I live in a state with snowy winters. Today, I decided to finally get a snow blower as the one I had kept my eye on was on sale - normally $599, sale price $399. Sounds like a no-brainer. Except, Lowe's website sucks. If you add the snow blower into the cart, it reverts to the original price. Tried multiple times and it finally went into the cart at the sales price. Went through the check out process, got all the way to the review cart section, when the price was showing the normal price. If I hadn't noticed the discrepancy, I would've lost out on $200 because of their garbage site. I have since tried multiple times to get this to work - literally wasting 30 minutes for a simple purchase. I still don't have a purchase, because when the sales price is reflected properly, you cannot input a credit card option. I feel like the site needs a major overhaul, I have never been this frustrated with an internet purchasing since the 1990's. Guess I'm going to Home Depot instead, what a waste.

Rather than wasting all that time on line why not just go to the store and buy one?

@Anonymous

He is one of 2 types of people. First one is he is one of those people who would rather be the 20th person in mcdonalds drive thru and sit for a half hour in his idling car while playing on his phone instead of parking, getting out of his car and going the front counter where there is a cashier waiting for someone to walk in.

Or he is the type to search day and night for significantly underpriced misprints and then be a D--K to the store employees insisting he is able to buy the item for the very low misprint price. if the item was a online misprint and he goes in store the salesman and cashier would be aware of the significant error and he would have the pay the intended price.

@Anonymous

Hey Anonymous November 26th, you’re giving away your tell. On a quiet Monday night when you get home from working at Lowes it’s time to take to the interweb to release your anger on those who may have maligned your master.

It’s pretty presumptuous to believe this consumer is male. Was it because the purchase was for a snowblower or because they couldn’t manage to checkout online?

@TskTsk

Touched a nerve did I? You must be one of those D—K customers I was talking about.

Looking down your nose at the customer service people, wanting something for nothing, acting like a child when they don’t get their way.

It’s pretty presumptuous of you to believe I work for Lowe’s. I know it’s a male who wrote the post just the same way I know you are a female.

@TskTsk

That’s hilarious. Who would of thought there’ be trolling on this site.

How many times a day is your Nov.

26th dude checking in? Hook, Line, & Sinker!

@TskTsk

LOL.... Not a played out, tired, banal and lame version of "you must work for(insert company)" meme better known as the "Loser's Lament." This response is typical of losers who can't handle a comment that doesn't support their idiotic narrative. Thanks for providing a great example loser...

View more comments (5)

Lowes in West Sacramento, California - HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, LIARS

1.2
Purchased dishwasher, microwave and range from Zubiah (customer rep at store) at Lowe's in West Sacramento, California. He told my parents and I, they will receive a rebate for the amount of $150.00. Previously we checked the Lowe's Rebate Center and all it stated was processing. Finally today it states the amount of $75.00 dollars. We spend over the amount in order to receive the rebate. My question is where the *** is the second $75.00 dollars? Why all the lies? Lowe's customer service representatives lie to sell their products, and give false information to their customers. Why doesn't Lowe's indicate the amount of the rebate on the receipt, so customers immediately have a chance to go through with their orders or cancel it there. It only states that rebate can be from $15-$600 dollars, WTF. We will never shop at Lowe's again.
Lowes Rebate

Lowes in Hoover, Alabama - Lowe’s does not support after the sale

Lowes - Lowe’s does not support after the sale
Merry Christmas. We bought a very nice 6+ ft tall prelit Holiday Living tree from Lowe’s last year. Loved the tree. This year we took it out of the box and the center section did not work. Lowe’s said they only have a 90 day return policy so we are out of luck. Tree was used 1 Christmas Merry Christmas Lowes We are about to buy a new refrigerator and a range. Will go to Home Depot

Funny how the replies for Lowes really seem to be made by Lowes Team Members. On many of the incidents detailed here of real customer complaints that should be corrected by Lowes, you’ll then read the comments only to find snarky comebacks and belittling nonsense.

Just wait and let’s see what foolishness will follow this.

Lowes is not beyond reproach and your loyalty is only indentured servitude. Lowes cares no more of you than they do they dissatisfied customers.

@NotaLowesFan

What makes you think it's Lowes employees responding? There are a lot of people who aren't Lowes employees that understand the reality of business and know some customers have very unrealistic expectations.

@Anonymous

Why even comment if you’re not experiencing a similar problem with Lowes? The site is Pissed Consumer.

In hopes to share some examples of extremely poor customer service, that could be easily remedied at a store level, people leave their comments to just be heard.

Perhaps more comments are left by those who do work in retail in general. This shouldn’t be an outlet for degrading comments to those who feel slighted by companies who have no trouble taking your money but will not do right by them , regardless of their policies.

@NotaLowesFan

Let me get this straight... You write a post about how the comments are written by Lowe’s team members and are “snarky and belittling nonsense”.

Then you write the most snarky and belittling comment of all. There is something wrong with you.

@NotaLowesFan

I thought the troubleshooting tips that Lowe’s posted below were very helpful.

Really? Are you serious?

Why is it Lowe’s fault the light section is out on a tree a year after you bought it? You need to troubleshoot the problem and fix it! You probably broke a filament when you took the tree down and packed it away! That’s nobody’s fault, especially the store.

All Christmas trees are made in China, why not call the manufacturer and complain? Some people are Ridiculous!

Troubleshooting LED Trees: LED light strings feature one piece construction, which can make troubleshooting limited. Mini light testers do not work on LED trees.

If an LED tree is not lighting, check to make sure all wires are plugged in and fuses are securely seated. An LED light tester can also be used to identify which bulb or socket is not properly functioning. Many times the main plug that goes to the outlet is not in the lowest section of the tree, which can seem confusing. Larger trees often have 2 or 3 plugs that go into the wall, so look for these if the tree does not light completely.

Each of these plugs will also have a fuse, so check to make sure they do not need to be replaced if a section of the tree is not lighting. Troubleshooting Incandescent Prelit Christmas Trees: Troubleshooting can be easier with the use of a mini light tester. If using a mini light tester, our resource page regarding Testing for Faulty Bulbs, will prove useful. Understanding the technology behind an incandescent bulb and a light string is helpful when trying to determine the cause of a bulb that won't light.

Each bulb is lit through a filament, which is contained within the bulb's glass case. "One Light Goes Out, Rest Stay Lit" is a technology that uses an internal shunt within the bulb to continue the flow of electricity throughout a light string, even if a bulb has burned out. It is important to understand that if the shunt is broken when a bulb breaks, or if it is dislodged due to a loose bulb, the flow of electricity will stop. Additionally, each mini light has two small copper wires that come out of the base of the bulb, and fold upwards on each side.

When the socket is in place and the bulb is secure, this allows for the current to continue to flow. Sometimes the copper wire may be broken or out of position, and replacing the bulb or moving the copper wires into place should remedy the problem.

#1601982

Warranties on product cuts aren't provided by the store, manufacturers provide the warranty on their products. It isn't the stores fault if a product fails.

Do you think the manufacturers warranty on your appliances will be any different at Home Depot? You seem to be another consumer with unreasonable expectations of what a retail stores responsibility is.

h.kitchener

Your loss if you go to Home Depot for appliances instead of Lowe's. Regarding the tree, Lowe's didn't make it.

They have a 90 day return policy. It is what it is.

View more comments (8)
Christmas Tree
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in Port Saint Lucie, Florida - Remodeling Nightmare !!!

Hired Lowes to remodel a simple Laundry Room. Had to pay all the monies up front. This way your complaints vanish into thin air. They will return calls when they feel like it, they already have been paid. Contract date was 2/7/2018. They admitted that they completed the project Oct 2018 during which time we did not have use of our laundry room. There 5- week commitment was a complete lie. The job was miss measured ( I was told that the person employed to lay out the job had been let go ) and no one could fix. It is still not right. Now I have to go to small claims Court in the hope of getting some satisfaction.
h.kitchener

The old rule of never fully paying for a job up front still applies. No honest contractor would demand such a thing.

At most, you can agree to 20% down with another percentage upon 50% completion, etc. Bottom line, tho is that it is really not wise to have remodeling done thru any of the big box stores.

They hire some unknown contractor and when he fails to do a good job the store does not take responsibility. Best to check around, talk to friends, get references and such and hire a local contractor.

Lowes Laundry Room Remodeling
Poor customer service

Lowes in Palm Springs, California - Online prices

2.5
Lowes - Online prices
I looked for travertine tile before memorial day . I found a tile by Faber that was what I was looking for the price at the time was 84 cents a foot. I was unable to find a store local so I began to look closer to LA. I notice the cost listed was not the same. When I asked the corp office they told me it was normal for the prices to very. I do not understand how the same store can have so many prices for the same item. By the time I was able to order an item I was being charged $4.48 a tile 1.99 a sq foot The price would cost me over $2,000.00 extra for the same tile. It's now over six months later I am still trying to get my purchased fixed. I have been told this is how they do business. So many of the tiles are damaged they can not be used all in the same room due to the tiles colors not matching one another. There not even close to the same color I have since found out the tiles are not the same number. Lowes refuses to accommodate me. I don't know what to do next.

If you ordered Travertine there is no dye runs as they are natural products that have variation. Also they are a fragile material which is why there are so many with other issues.

Did you order all the tile at the same time? If you didn't you will have different lots and the colors may vary.

It's not uncommon for prices to vary in chain stores due to local competition. One store may be selling at a lower price due to the price at a close competitor.

View more comments (1)
Tiles
Cons
  • Prices online
$2000

Lowes in Las Vegas, Nevada - LAWSUIT: FRAUD, DECEPTION, & MONEY OWED

I BOUGHT EXPENSIVE GRANITE FROM LOWE'S ON SALE FOR $4,400 IN JULY & TO THIS DAY (NOVEMBER 2018) THEY INSTALLED GRANITE THAT DOES NOT MATCH AT ALL. LOWE'S & DESERT EAGLE STONE (702) SCREWED ME SO I WILL SUE THEM. THEY HAVE ALL MY MONEY & HAVE BEEN HORRIBLE TO ME. LOWE'S EMPLOYEES ARE LAZY, SLOPPY, & UNPROFESSIONAL SO I WILL SUE BOTH LOWE'S & DESERT EAGLE STONE IN COLORADO & HERE IN HENDERSON, NEVADA. I ALSO WANT LAZY CHANTE FIRED AT LOWE'S #784. I WILL PURSUE THAT ALONG WITH LYING STORE MGR NATHANIEL WHO LIED ON THE PHONE THAT WAS RECORDED. HE FINALLY ADMITTED TO NEVER CONTACTING ME. (702)804-0054 EXTENSION 347 (LAZY, LYING, INEPT INSTALLATION MGR WHOM I WILL SEEK TO HAVE FIRED. KAREN *** 702-240-8480

You should always inspect a natural product like granite that will have color variations before it is installed. If it didn’t match, why didn’t you refuse it rather than let them install it?

I continue to be harassed. Get a hobby. Get a life....

What do you mean it doesn't match? Granite is a natural product and no 2 pieces will be exactly alike.

@Anonymous

You idiot. it is pink & a totally different hue.

Lowe's has been to my house twice, & went to Desert Eagle Stone for a third time. I bought expensive granite on sale & they put a huge piece in that does not match color, hue, etc.

Mind your own business stupid. Of course the backsplash finally installed in December after purchasing over July 4th weekend substantiates how unprofessional, & criminal Desert Eagle Stone is.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Countertop Installation
Pros
  • Store manager apology
Cons
  • Problem solving skills
  • Disinterest on the part of lowes employees
  • Unwillingness to offer assistance
Damaged or defective
Full refund

Lowes in Newtown, Connecticut - Total fraud

1.3
The sales guy told me I would be covered 24/7. I bought the plan on his word and could not read the agreement in the store. My refrigerator broke. Was on phone for almost 1 hour with bad English. They told me they would expedite and call back that day. No one called. I had a tech fix the next day that I payed for. I called to place a complaint and nobody contacted me back. Called again and Lowes said someone tried to contact me over 1 week later. Why so long? They had pre-written responses to my questions. They would not reimburse me for the repair parts or labor. Wasted about 3 hours total on the phone. What did I pay for? Very dishonest.

My bet is that if you were to take some time and read the service plan you purchased you would find out exactly what you paid for. They may have someone that answers the phone 24/7 but that doesn't mean you will get immediate service. You aren't going to be put at the front of the line for service calls, you will be scheduled when the next technician is available.

@Anonymous

The Lowes representative realized I was in need for a timely repair and told me they would expedite and call me back with an appointment in a few hours. Never happened.

A total scam. All the way to the responses.

@Anonymous

So rather than calling them back you called someone else? That doesn't make them responsible to pay the repair company you chose.

@Anonymous

Why would we wait for Lowes to fix it when they did not even call back when they said they would? What kind of a joke is lowes service?

View more comments (3)
Lowes Protection Plan
Warranty issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution