Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Amherst, New Hampshire: Customer Service

To LOWES, If you really want to not only stay in business, but instead make real progress, focus on the customer service and review, because this is the real representation of any company. And who comes in direct contact with the customer? The employee in the bottom... I have been in retail for many, many years, and I have to let you know that you became very lucky having Sylvia as a sales associate in Amherst NH. More particularly I met Sylvia a few years ago when she was working at Home Depot in the painting department. I had to find the right paint to match with the existing one for my kitchen cabinets as I was adding new pieces. I was quite confused, I did not know what to do, and even worse the associates in general try to avoid you. This is not something new to me as it is not so unusual. But what impressed me from the very beginning was Sylvia's prompt demeanor to help me right away. She listened to my concerns, realized immediately what was my problem, offered options, and narrowed them down based on my needs explaining why. She solved my problem by finding the exact match through trial and error very quickly. She was helping me without neglecting other customers or wasting time. Willing to help, good listener with patience, very knowledgable, fast, still active and very kind to all, customers and coworkers, and most importantly all this time without being under any supervision! A week ago I stopped at Lowes in Amherst and to my suprise I ran into Sylvia again. I knew that it was my lucky day. I had not seen her for many years, but I still remembered her. Now she works in the lighting department, however that did not stop her from leading me to the tiles department, introducing me to the person in charge, and still helping me with tile selection. And again she reminded me that any time I need her to not hesitate to visit and reach out for her. Now as a customer and with long retail experience, I feel the need to let you know, that if you REALLY WANT BIG NUMBERS, the bottom employees who REALLY PRODUCE, DESERVE ALL THE REAL ATTENTION and SUPPORT by you, the upper ups, because they are VERY RARE TO BE FOUND. Thank you Sincerely Lita K.

No one cares about your banal and lame post....

Review
#1419196 Review #1419196 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Lowes Website
Good customer service

Lowes review in New York, New York: First purchase last purchase - FOLLOW-UP

1.5
Finally received long overdue rebate - previously sent to wrong address. How does that happen, when corporate was provided the order number, our address, and store location/ telephone number where the purchase was made? Loew's has new President now, and the store where the purchase was made is closing. Is it any wonder with such deplorable customer service? Still waiting for the Visa gift card requested for the inconvenience and the hard time given over many months, And, the new President will be contacted, so we suspect there will be a third follow-up on PS. What ever happened to honesty, integrity and basic customer service?

Something is wrong when DD attempts to reply to ANON. Issue reported to PC. Awaiting technical help.

Issue fixed.

How about if Lowe’s donates $50 directly to the food pantry of your choosing in your name? Would that satisfy you?

@PCFL1592

Hi Anon PCFL1592, While we appreciate Lowes responding to our (now) 11 month journey into rebate and customer service *** your attempt to negotiate a direct donation to a food pantry in our name now, sounds like you don't trust us. What a pity, because, all we did was spend hard earned money, with the expectation of getting the rebate we were entitled to.

We did nothing to lose yur trust. And, unfortunately, your snarky reply to our follow-up report, 6 months..... after our first report, didn't help either. So, the answer to "How about if Lowe’s donates $50 directly to the food pantry of your choosing in your name?

Would that satisfy you? .....is. NO thank you, we do not trust you to follow up with that. So, can you come up with a better solution?

We hope so, because, next week is Ellison, Dreiling, McDormott, Mason time .

But, we sincrely hope to hear from you first. Thank you.

@Anonymous

Ok. How about a $40 gift card?

CB C

The rebate was submitted by the Lowes sales person (digitally) so handwriting was not an issue. And, the rebate center had the correct address when they sent a post card stating we did not qualify for the rebate - when we did.

And, a copy of the postcard was also emailed to Lowes to follow up on. When customers are given false and misleading information, costing them valuable time attempting to get to the bottom of things (in this case over 25 calls and emails) it reflects poorly on Lowes. Good companies understand that waiting 3-4 months for a rebate is unaceptable, and very often will give a courtesy credit etc. to make a customer happy.

And, since Lowes was not professional, courteous, or respectful, a $50.00 VIsa gift card (equal to what some Lowe's executives spend on a very simple lunch) is in order. And, by the way, if received, that amount will be donated to a local food pantry. You are absolutely correct, we are not perfect.

We made a big mistakes is thinking that we were dealing with a trustworthy company. So, thank you and Happy Holidays Anonymous Lowes employee..

@CB C

Lowe’s doesn’t handle the rebates. That is done by a third party.

National Rebate Center. Yes it sucks but it’s NOT Lowe’s fault. So you are blackmailing a innocent company because of what you think the offending party owes you. Lowe’s literally has NOTHING to do with your rebate except submitting it at the time of purchase.

How exactly does Lowe’s “owe” you anything? What it sounds like is you are lashing out at the deeper pockets and public profile of a innocent company just to get free money. How about a apology for Lowe’s? Now that you have been informed of who REALLY messed up are you going to be man enough to retract your statement and issue a apology?

No probably not people like yourself even when proven they are wrong will STILL fight even harder because THEY CANT BE WRONG! Please do the web a favor and show that you have more then enough honor to admit YOUR MISTAKES. We all get you’re mad but at least be mad at the right company.

Now comes the part where you in your righteous indignation claim that I and every other person who either doesn’t believe you or had a dissenting point of view MUST work for Lowe’s. It amazes me how narrow minded some posters are and how hard they will fight to prove they are right even when already shown how wrong they are.

It could have happened any number of ways. The human being entering your information at the rebate center may not have been able to read your handwriting or hit the wrong key as they were processing your rebate.

Most humans make mistakes every now and then.

It's unfortunate that everyone isn't as perfect as you seem to think you are. You got your rebate, they owe you nothing else.

View more comments (7)
Review
Pros
  • First impression of original sales person
Cons
  • Being given a run around for months
Preferred solution
A Visa card for general use

Lowes review in Bluffton, South Carolina: Rude staff and Racist

I when To Lowes Today to get my Pick up order. Staff member Ashley, got my Order and told me to get my own cart to put my stuff. Another member happened to open the exit door pushing in the doors, I followed the staff member to get my cart. When I came back inside Staff member Ashley told me in front other customers with an attitude saying I cant open the door open, and if has broken I will have to pay $10,000.00 dollars, I told her I didn't touch the door I just followed her employee, she keep repeating to me well if u break it u have to pay 10k, I keep telling her I didnt touched the door. I told her if she had a problem she need it to let her staff member know that not me. Them she keep accusing me of me trying to break the door. I told her well you should do your job and have a Cart there for my Items, thats why is call Pick-Up Service. I told her to check her security cameras. She jobs blow me away with attitude and told me sign here and there is the exit.. Racist Staff member. I dont treat people for the way they look, because if that was the case I wouldn't want to deal with someone who has a earring in their nose for customer service. But I thought Lowes had a Dress Code? I guess Not... Ashley needs to Learn not to falsely accuse Customers... Im taking my business to Home Depot ....Take your business to Home Depot

You encountered one disgruntled, untrained, underpaid employee at one store in one place at one time. Insufficient reason to condemn an entire chain or promote some other chain (I've read equally bitter gripes about Home Depot).

Personally, I don't like Lowe's OR Home Depot or crummy employees anywhere. Your error was to engage with this fool and get your blood pressure up. Think logically : how could some minimum wage flunkie come up with a price of a conveniently round $10,000 to repair or replace something that hasn't been damaged ?

Is this person qualified to predict the future or provide a job estimate based upon non existent damage whose degree we cannot ascertain until if / when it happens ? Don't waste your time arguing with persons like that.

Lowes review in Phoenix, Arizona: I paid for a dryer that they never had

On Nov 21 I ordered a washer, dryer and ped. I got a call saying that they would deliver it in 2 weeks. On Dec 7, I got a call 5 min. before the store closed telling me that they had the washer but no dryer. I asked when it would be in the said MAYBE the end of Jan. I had torn down shelves to make room with the taller machines. They sold me something that they didn't have. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB.
#1619737

They do not carry in store most of the appliances they sell, they order them from the manufacturer once they are sold. Some of them have to be shipped in from overseas which takes a while as ships move slowly and then the products have to go through customs when leaving or entering another country, not accounting for delays like weather conditions. If they stored every appliance that they sold in the store they would need one huuuuge building.

If it was going to take 2 weeks to deliver when you made the purchase it meant that they had to order it from the manufacturer. Normally it would deliver within.

2 weeks if the manufacturer had it in their warehouse. My guess is that you purchased either a LG or Samsung product. When their warehouses is the United States run out of an item they have to wait for it to come in from Korea. Unfortunately the stores ordering the products don't know it won't be coming till the truck gets there with the product marked as a backorder on their packing list.

Unfortunately the store has to give you the bad news. It really isn't their fault, it is the manufacturer who caused the delay and failed to inform the store as soon as they placed the order that the dryer was out of stock.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Did not have machine that i bought
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Defrauding Customer

Lowes review in Richmond, Virginia: Flooring Debacle

Lowe's installed 900 sqft of hardwood flooring only to have it almost immediately start squeaking and moving. After months of conversations (mostly ignored), Lowe's/Pro Services sent multiple reps to our house and each one had a different take on the problem (glad I have it all recorded). Regrettably, Lowe's has now determined that they are not at fault (installation) and are offering NO resolution - they have taken the position that it is an environmental issue which is contrary to their own assessments and two independent flooring contractors (both with over 40+ years of flooring experience). AVOID Lowe's/Pro Services for ANY installations, their Pro Services Division lacks integrity and honesty. I had their rep (Casey) on site the week of 11/26/18 and he told me face to face that they were going to offer compensation and agreed that I should have third party contractors review the problem....then he submitted his "finding report" as an environmental issue......Shameful. This issue is FAR from over.
Lowes Flooring Installation
Cons
  • All aspects of lowes pro services
Warranty issue
Remove and Replace with expert installer / full compensation

Lowes review in Jacksonville, Florida: Vanity & Bathroom Remodel

Lowes review - Vanity & Bathroom Remodel
I wrote a review on the primary Lowes website, but it was never posted. The project ran two weeks over schedule. After the demolition, it was 17 days before the next workman came out. Workmen show up one day unannounced. On another day, they were expected and never showed up or called. Their boss had sent them to another job. Lowes promised to send someone out to hang a toilet paper holder they forgot to order and never did. The toilet was installed with the shutoff valve so close, it's no longer usable. Overall the quality of the work was good.
Lowes Installation
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Bring the shutoff valve up to code.

Lowes review in Elmira, New York: Exchange store credit? SOMETHING !

1.2
I had a water tank blow it my house to inside water lines a sink in a tub needed repair I'm not going to do it at Lowe's now. The first time I came up I spent over $315 cash. Second time I came up it was $74 third time I came up within 24 hours a bit it was a hundred in for cash. I'm on my last leg in the basement I needed the right size fittings I did not get the right size fittings I have 1/2 inch I needed 3/4 I had a ball valve it was a half inch I needed 3/4 I needed more copper tubing I needed more elbows I need more shut offs and I needed more shark bites well I can exchange them without a receipt really dudes?! I'm so flustered right now I have my whole house down with no water no hot water, and you guys won't exchange any of it are you kidding me right now I've got over $70 in one little bag and I have spent over 500 at Lowe's cash now I find out I have to call an 866 number then I have to leave my name my license my whatever are you kidding me while I go without any water whatsoever because you guys won't even exchange something or give me store credit I'm not going to go anywhere else with it what am I supposed to do with the wrong parts what is that you say you're going to refund you say you're going to exchange you do none of that whatsoever.! Listen general public heads up go to Home Depot might be a little pricier they might not know what they're talking about sometimes but you know what they will make it right they always have thanks a lot Lowe's I really did have a good standing or so I thought but things change call me love to hear from you 607-684-1399.

You need to hire a plumber that knows what they are doing as it doesn't sound like you are in control of your project. Yes they are going to want a receipt before the give you a refund for $70 worth of fittings you could have walked out with in your jacket pockets. Do you expect Home Depot will be any different.

Review
Pros
  • Variety of choices i had

Lowes review in Beaverley, British Columbia: Damage hardwood floors

Bought a refrigerator from Lowe’s and they delivered it My husband told them to take the doors off the refrigerator it would make it easier to take up the stairs but no they wouldn’t I also told them three times be careful of my hardwood flooors Well when they were bring it up the stairs I looked down and they had gouged my front entry hall then at the top of the stairs they decided to take off the doors and gouged the landing no blanket under it also moved it into kitchen and gouged kitchen floor They also while lifting it up the stairs marked every stair nose coming up My whole house is engineered hardwood except for the bedrooms I have been trying to have them deal with this for a month Talked to manager three times the girl at the store that is supposed to be dealing with this three times and head office emailed three time I feel like I am getting the run around They completely ruined my floors and I am very particular about my floor WHAT A HASSEL I wish I had of gone to Home Depot at least they have professional delivery guys

If those are the issues that your home presents then you should be understanding that not only are you requiring someone to do something that you wouldn't do but you are also the cause of the increased difficulty strain on said persons. If it's not a straight in and out job then do it yourself because then when you nick every single step going up your stairs then you'd understand.

Where did you get the idea that Home Depots delivery service is any more professional than Lowes? I take it you haven't looked at the complaints about Deliveries from Home Depot on their board.

Home Depot uses the same delivery compay as Lowe’s.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Home Delivery Service

Lowes review in Warren, Pennsylvania: Zero support with poor installation of vinyl siding.

1.5
Contacted Lowe's about siding falling off after less than 4 years but got nothing but a runaround. They are no help in fixing the problem.
Lowes Siding Installation
Damaged or defective
$12000
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Contractor Errors

Lowes review in Olympia, Washington: Would not give military discount

I was at Lowes today who always advertises a 10% Discount for military veteran's I know Home Depot offers it as well. However today even after showing my Veterans ID card the clerk said you are not in the system so we have to put you in again. Which apparently would take some time. I know it isn't worth the hassle although a long time customer and never having the problem regarding the discount in the past I'm done with Lowes.

It’s a better system now. We used to have to show our military ID every time we checked out, then we had to wait a few minutes for a manager to come and approve it.

Now, It is tied to my mylowes card. The cashier scans my card and it automatically gives me the discount.

I can now also get the discount when I buy something online and use the self checkout. Go to the customer service desk and they will help you register, it only takes 5-10 minutes.

Where are you going to shop? Plenty of vets crying about not getting discounts at Home Depot as well. Don't know where you get the idea that you are entitled to a discount and don't think you have to follow the stores policy to get one.

@Anonymous

I did follow the stores policy and showed my valid military ID I have never had the problem with Home Depot. It is not as much about the discount as the principal no offence but I'll gladly take my business elsewhere

@Anonymous

No their policy is to set up an account and you refused. Get your facts straight before you claim that you know what you're doing.

View more comments (3)