Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in Bartlett, Tennessee - Slow slow slow

2.6
My kitchen has been barely functional since August 1. Using a plastic basin for a sink, no oven, all my food, dishes, pots and pans are in boxes. The kitchen should have been done by mid August. I have notified family I will not be hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year.

Lowes in Akron, Ohio - One thousand dollar counter top

enochstilllives 3:55 PM (2 minutes ago) to customercare In November, Lowes installed a counter top in my kitchen. By July both seams were buckled and two other spots were already warped!!! It looks like they installed wet fiber board under the counter top. Maybe they left it outside before installing in my kitchen. I have complained many times to different people there in Adrian. They often do not return my calls. We paid over a thousand dollars for this and it lasted only a few months! Our last counter top lasted for twenty years and we were very careful with this one. They are blaming us for water damage. Come on! Its a kitchen counter top and we used very little water on it. Nothing like the cheap top we had before that lasted two decades.
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction
Tags
  • Custom Kitchen

Lowes in Mount Vernon, Ohio - Did not get rebate on major purchase

Followed rebate instructions, recievved notice that purchase did not qualify. Sent original receipt with purchase highlighted, no response.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in Winchester, Kentucky - Really!?! 26% interest and a $45 late fee

Sent in the payments 3 days before it was due, apparently it’s considered late if whenever they get around to opening the bill, it’s past the deadline. Never using this card again and it makes me not want to shop at the Athens OHIO Lowe’s...

they have screwed up even an online payment I made - said I owe them twice as much - payment made 3 days prior to due date and I have confirmation number and cannot speak to anyone without going thru all the bs - synchrony bank is the worst - they will kill lowes business big mistake.

sandralynndavis

Your complaint is with the credit card company, not Lowe’s. Never mail a payment 3 days prior to the due date.

Better yet, never mail a bill payment. Online payments only.

I wouldn't count on the post office delivering a letter within a 3 day time period. I have heard of people getting letters months and even years after they were mailed.

I'd give it at least a week with the post office. There's a reason why people call it snail mail.

First of all your complaint it with the credit company that issued your card, not Lowes. Second, they don't look at the date you send the payment, it is when they receive it.

If you mailed your payments when you received the bill rather than waiting till just before the due dat you wouldn't have this problem. Normal mail delivery is within 3 business days, weekends don't count. As yours isn't the only piece of mail they receive it takes time to process all the payments they receive, so if they receive it late in the day it may not get processed that day. Most bills I receive recommend mailing payments at least 5 business days before the due date to avoid late payments.

There aren't many banks around that don't offer free on-line bill payments.

Take advantage of their free service and save the postage of sending a payment in the mail. When you get your bill, go on-line and set up your payment the business day before it is due and you will never have problems with late payments again.

@Anonymous

Or make payment at a lowes store. Every retail store with their own credit card accepts cash payment at their registers, and provides receipt proof of the day you made payment should there be a late fee dispute

View more comments (4)
Problems with payment

Lowes in Albany, New York - Don't choose Lowe's for your insulation order

I ordered R-13 insulation from lowes.com over 4 weeks ago, was given an estimated delivery date of 10/3 and still haven't received the insulation yet. Lowe's continues to blame the vendor, but I placed the order with Lowe's, they are responsible for fulfilling that order, keep giving me information that is incorrect and don't seem very motivated to complete the order or "make the customer happy." Multiple times I have been told someone would call me back and no one has; multiple times I have been given delivery dates which have come and gone with no delivery of the insulation. On top of that, Lowe's has billed my credit card already! That charge will clearly be contested.

Do you understand that retail stores don't manufacturer the products they sell? If their suppliers are late in shipping they can't go out in their warehouse and whip up a batch of insulation for you.

All they can give you for expected due dates is what their supplier tells them.

They have no way of knowing if there will be additional delays in their delivery. If you need it now, cancel the order and find another store that has what you need in stock.

Order processing issue

Lowes in Avon Park, Florida - After product was ordered and confirmed, they cancelled it saying it was out of stock

Got an early morning e-mail from Lowes Pros with an offer for a Pressure Washer for half of its original price. I jumped on it first thing and was delighted to see it was in stock and the order went thru. Two days later, I received an e-mail telling me that the item was no longer in stock. I called and told them I wanted to keep the order open and avoid cancellation. I was willing to wait for the item. The next day I received another e-mail stating the order was canceled. When I called in, the person I spoke to was rude and spoke over me as I tried to talk. She was adamant that they could not fill the order. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he or she refused to speak to me. They offered me another pressure washer for $100 more money plus shipping with a 10% off discount. The one I ordered had free shipping. My order # placed on 10/15 is 35756958. Needless to say, this experience has left a terrible taste in my mouth and I don't plan on doing business with Lowes in the future. I understand that the item I purchased was a very good deal and perhaps Lowe's error was to offer it at such a reduced price. This feels to me like bait and switch and I won't fall for such practices from a company I used often and trusted. The thing to do would have been to either wait for the product to be reordered or to offer another similar product at the same great price, not an upcharge and customer pay shipping. I am extremely upset over this event and need to be heard.

Please contact us and quote 11076654 and we will be happy to deliver the product and add an extra discount, apologies.

When I went in my local store a week later, low and behold, they had three in stock at a higher price than before the discounted one. So, no, not a clearance item.

Yes they should have found me one at the price quoted.

All I’ll buy there now is rocks. They can’t damage those.

They should have gotten you one from another store and charged you the price that you were quoted. It may have costed them a few bucks, but it would have been a small price to pay for keeping a good loyal customer.

Sounds like this was a clearance item. The store cancelled because they cannot receive more in stock.

That's why it's been clearanced.

They cannot keep an order they cannot fulfill. It's that simple.

Most likely it was a clearance item. Ince they are gone, they are gone. These Big box stores are notorious for haveing wrong inventory counts.

View more comments (4)
Service
Cons
  • Getting the run-around
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Roanoke, Virginia - TOOK TWO (2) MONTHS TO RECEIVE STOVE COOKTOP

NOTE: DURING THE TIME FRAME BELOW WE SPOKE WITH THREE APPLIANCE DEPARTMENT EMPLOYEES, TWO LOWE’S MANAGERS AND ALSO THE MANAGER OF THE APPLIANCE DEPARTMENT: ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ WE ORDERED A STOVE COOKTOP AT LOWE'S IN SALEM, VA ON AUGUST 31ST AND WE FINALLY RECEIVED IT IN OUR HOME ON OCTOBER 15TH. IT WAS SUPPOSE TO ARRIVE WITHIN TWO WEEKS AND IT ENDED UP TAKING EIGHT WEEKS TO ARRIVE AT THE LOWE'S STORE IN SALEM, VA. AFTER WAITING FOR EIGHT (8) WEEKS WE FINALLY RECEIVED IT IN OUR HOME. WE PAID FOR INSTALLATION AND LOWE'S DROPPED IT OFF AT OUR HOME AND SAID SOMEONE WILL CALL YOU TO INSTALL IT. I DO HAVE TO SAY A VERY NICE GUY CAME THE NEXT MORNING (HE WAS CONTRACTED OUT BY LOWE'S) AND INSTALLED OUR COOKTOP. WE HAVE BEEN A FAITHFUL CUSTOMER OF LOWE'S FOR 30+ YEARS, BUT WE WILL NEVER SHOP AT LOWE'S AGAIN. WE WILL TAKE OUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE AND I'M SURE GET OUR MERCHANDISE IN A TIMELY MANNER.

You would have probably had the same problem anywhere you went. Cooktops aren't the fastest selling appliance and are usually ordered from the manufacturer.

If they are in stock in the manufacturers warehouse you will have delivery within two weeks. The manufacturers are extremely poor about letting stores know if they are out of stock, The store knows when the truck shows up and the appliance is backordered. If it is backordered they have to wait for more to be manufactured. If you are looking at one of the big Korean manufacturers you have to add another 3-4 weeks for it to get to the US on a boat and another week to get from their docks to the warehouse.

Until it finally arrives on the truck the store has little way of knowing exactly when it will arrive.

It's just as frustrating for the salespeople having to listen to customers complain as it is for the customers. If you need an appliance in a timely manner only purchase items that are in stock at the store.

Order processing issue

Lowes in Spokane, Washington - Out of stock

1.8
It seems half the time I go into Lowe's to look for something they're out of it. No one knows when it will be in or if it will even be in. Other stores in the valley Coeur d'Alene seem to have these things that the north side doesn't. I won't be going there anymore

Lowes in Langhorne, Pennsylvania - Do not choose Lowe's for your fence

1.8
We moved into our home which already had a partial vinyl privacy fence installed, therefore we only had to install additional 74 feet of fence to make it fully enclosed. First, the crew consisted of 2 men whoe acted like this was their first day of doing any type of labor. The one guy wore basketball shots and sneakers. Also, we could not communicate with each other since they spoke no English. They then used a small shovel that looked like a kids toy to dig out the holes for the fence post. It took them almost 11 hours to finish, it was dark when they finished so I couldn't fully see the finished product until the next day. The next day I noticed how poor of a job they did: 1. The fence and the gate was crooked. 2. They ovepoured cement at one of the posts. 3. There were at least 2 posts in which they did not pour at the back of the posts so it was flimsy, and could make the fence fall over. 4. They poorly cut the fence panel that was inserted between the new and old fence. When I called the contractor, he came out, looked and basically thought nothing was wrong. The two men who did the fence did come out and tried to fix what they needed to. But in the end the entire fence needs to be redone. It was poorly done. I definitely would not recommend doing any type of fencing with Lowe's, do not waste your money, because in the end you are going to end up redoing everything!
Bad quality

Lowes in Norwalk, Connecticut - Installation bait and switch

I went into the Norwalk, CT Lowes store to order a sliding door for my patio. I was quoted $477 plus misc. fees in the store for the installation. The installer went to my home and came back with an installation price that was more than double the $477. He said it involved custom work. Now, I've had home construction jobs done before, including 5 windows put in by Home Depot, and never had an installation estimate come back at double the original estimate. This was a normal slider! I thought this was exorbitant and canceled the job. I will go back to Home Depot and get the slider. At least their installation price was honest! Lowes better find other installers

Same for me - Installer never got in touch - had to chase them. Store said cost would be around $200.

Contractor: $672. Price gouging. I have been calling/emailing Lowes' board of directos, the CEO, etc. Only receive replys from workers low on the totem pole.

I spend thousands of dollars at Lowes. Guess that's a drop in the bucket, but enough drops put together will combine to make a river.

They should never quote an installation charge without coming to your home to see what needs to be done. Sure, you may be having a "standard" door installed, but is the old door the same size.

A standard 6' patio door is currently has a 6'0" x 6'8" rough opening. Older 6' doors varied from 5'11" to 6'5" in width and up to 6'11" in height.

If you opening is different than the current size there would be additional materials and labor involved to install the door. You may well find the same situation when you get to Home Depot as well.

View more comments (1)