Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Flooring mistake

Lowes sucks. Just pick any department and I can give you 100 ways lowes will screw it up. Go to Home Depot or pick a local guy to help you. You will be happy you did.
Bad quality

NEVER to contract LOWES for door installation

This is the Chantilly Door Instalation. They lied about measurement date and then I went to make the purchase since I previously told the store that already had the measurements. They did the actually measurements three weeks after and a month has passed. They never call even to schedule the installation date. For the simplest door instalation project, it may take you two months or longer to compete. That is just mind blowing!
Order processing issue

Lowes in Saint Peters, Missouri - Poor Service

We purchased a Samsung front-load washer, model number WF42H5200HAF with the extended warranty From St. Charles Lowes 2900 West Clay St., Saint Charles, MO 63301, Store# 1057 2 years ago. I called Lowes because They contracted with Mid America Service for warranty service. I scheduled the appointment on Saturday and they sent me an email confirmation on Tuesday to confirm my appointment. I sent a email back the same day and time I received the email with a confirmation of the date and time window of 8am-5pm CST. I called Lowes appliances back and spoke with Steve in appliances and he told me that my extended service warranty was not with Lowes but a third party company that handles that issue and Lowes doesn't handle that issue. So I explained to Steve I purchased the warranty from Lowes and the company represents Lowes. Steve put me on hold after I explain to him my issue and I was 5 minutes away and If need be I will come up to the store. Steve put me on hold so I went to Lowes while he still had me on hold. The whole time I spoke with the Appliance Manager Diane, I was still on hold with Steve for 36 minutes. I did not get my appointment because they had the wrong phone number that Lowes gave them and Lowes has the right phone number in there system. I had to reschedule my appointment two days out and I never received an apology from Steve from being on hold. I would not recommend this location to anyone.

You should have called the 800 number for the warranty. If you're covered they'll set up a time for a repairman to come out.

Lowes does not handle repairs. All the store can do after 2 years is tell you the same thing. After 2 years, you wouldn't even be able to find the receipt (receipts are kept for 6 months).

It has been two years. Call the warranty number.

“Learn about contract law.” What an ignorant statement.

The individual stores don’t administer the warranty service, they just sell the plans. The only information the store has is your purchase information. If you had an issue with the service call you placed, why didn’t you just call the service hotline that you originally called to put in for the repair?

@Anonymous

Sorry to bust your bubble but Lowes. call tjem because the are a representative of Lowes

@Anonymous

Your answer makes absolutely no sense. Re-read the post and answer the question.

“The individual stores don’t administer the warranty service, they just sell the plans.

The only information the store has is your purchase information. If you had an issue with the service call you placed, why didn’t you just call the service hotline that you originally called to put in for the repair?“

@Anonymous

Learn about contract law.

Your complaint should be with the warranty company not Lowe’s.

@Anon

About the warranty sure. But not that awful customer service.

@Get educated

I read your review... You didn’t receive “awful customer service”, you were looking for it.

I guarantee Steve new you were in the store talking to his manager as soon as you walked in.

Any normal person would of hung up the phone as soon as they were in the store. There is no educating the ignorant.

@Anon

Learn about 3rd party contracts & companies that enter into agreements of the contracts then comment.

@Anon

The warranty company is a representative of Lowes, when Lowes entered a contract with the warranty company. Read your company 3rd party representation information.

View more comments (10)
Poor customer service
Loss

Lowes in Clarksburg, West Virginia - Terrible terrible terrible! Shop somewhere else.

I purchased a washer and dryer set plus protection plan at a Lowes location in West Virgina in Feb 2017. It is now October 2018 and my deter went put in September and it was a fight to use the protection plan on the dryer now my washer is out and im fighting with them to honor the protection plan. Somehow an item ive paid full price for is now showing returned to store. Its been a run arpund at every turn. The exact definition of poor business practices!

Only been a year so you should be covered by manufacturer warranty. The extra warranty you get from Lowe's does not kick in until after the manufacturer's ends.

@Anon

It was 3 months past the date of purchase. It took over a month to schedule an appointment and find but he receipt because the store itself didnt do a receipt rebuild so I suffered as a customer. The problem was resolved however it took forever and it was a fling difficult process.

View more comments (1)
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes in Evans, Georgia - Excellent customer service

5.0
Clint was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the products I wished to purchase as he’s been every time I’ve shopped at the 4305 location.
Good customer service

Lowes in Jefferson City, Tennessee - Roof leaking within 24 hours of installation

Update by user Nov 07, 2018

Over a month has gone by and the leak issues have not been corrected. Also permits are required in the city we live in and Lowe's still hasn't obtained the required permits and had the work inspected.

I believe that they purposely side step the permits knowing that their work will not pass an inspection. I suggest if you require work to be preformed at your home you call at least 3 LOCAL contractors licensed and insured in the area you live, check references and work directly with the contractor.

Original review posted by user Oct 08, 2018

Lowe's installed a new roof on our home and within 24 hours it was leaking where they installed the flashing incorrectly at the chimney. After multiple calls to Lowe's installation services they finally responded and informed me that flashing at the chimney was not in the scope. Really, they tore off the existing flashing and incorrectly installed new flashing. It is reasonable to believe that if they removed and installed flashing regardless if it was in the scope they caused the leak and are responsible for correcting it. I decided to use Lowe's because I felt they would stand behind their work, I could not have been more wrong. What an eye opener.

Flashing is a critical point of a roofing Job and to be told it is not in the scope of work to be done is just criminal. Now I understand why Lowes terminates so many contractors, They do not check out their work and when there is a problem they just fire them with no resolution to the consumer.

Bad quality

Lowes in Fort Mill, South Carolina - Had deck built..dwight wrote contract through dixie hwy stor

We had our contract written throughout dwight on the dixie highway store on july 15 of this year.but they didnt even start working on the decks until at least August 15..it cost at least $10,000 because we had front and back decks were builts were built..the patterns are awesome but the wood is already chipping and spitting real bad and when you call someone at lowes you cant ever get anyone to come back out. Dwight has came back out one time and told us its normal but hes full of it. We have taken lots of pictures and we are gonna contact lawyers..DONT CALL LOWES FOR ANY KIND OF WORK ALL THEY DO IS ROB YOU BLIND

No they even tell you up front they are going to rob you.

Bad quality

Lowes in Indian Land, South Carolina - NEEDS TO BE A NO-PET POLICY!!!!!

4.0
I do not like seeing non-service animals in Lowes. Today there was a PitBull riding in a cart—definitely not a service dog. 1–my family has allergies to animal fur. We shouldn’t have to be exposed to this in a home improvement store. A pet store, I understand. But not here!!!! 2-for people who say these are your children, I can sympathize, but my children wore diapers. Tonight I witnessed the biggest dog *** LEFT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLE in LOWES. Some say that MOST owners would’ve cleaned it up. But I saw tonight what happens when someone is not responsible. Other customers shouldn’t have to deal with the sanitation risks that come with allowing pets in Lowes. Workers walked right past it , and I actually went to them TWICE to get them to clean it. 3-This is not sanitary!!!! Pets can carry diseases and parasites. AND some owners are NOT responsible and do not seek vet care for prevention. I do not want my child to ride in a cart and expose them to PARASITES through no fault of ours!!! Disgusting!!!! Lowes IS NOT A DOG PARK!!!! It is ridiculous that pets are allowed !!!

I am a rotten dog lover. I think my dogs are cuter than babies and better behaved and I would choose my dogs over people and even some family members.

However I'm not that closed minded to see that this lady has a point. If people cannot be responsible about their pets then they shouldn't be allowed. We take ours to pet stores and we always put a towel down in the cart to keep the cart clean, and not that we have to because after all it is a pet store but because that's what responsible people do. When we walk them in if they lift their leg and I don't catch it on time, I fetch paper towels and clean it up and even spray it and wipe it up again.

Why? Because that's what a responsible dog owner does. So If I'm in lowes shopping I walk down an aisle where some owner left a pile of crap on the floor, you bet I'm going to complain about it. Why?

Because I didn't go to lowes to step in dog crap. Grow up people, part of being an adult is knowing when someone with a different opinion to yours is right.

3 - Shop somewhere else!

@PCFL1592

she has a point. I am an animal lover but she does have a point. If people aren't going to be responsible about their pets they shouldn't bring them along

What about the unwashed masses who don't believe in personal hygiene? Should they be banned from Lowe's as well?

Personally, I am always delighted to see a cute doggie in a store. I used to bring one into stores myself, and I got 99% positive reactions.

I bet 90% of dogs that walk in are more well behaved than your children. A little bit of dog *** is nothing to handle after dealing with hearing your screaming kids for 8 hours.

I don't want kids in the stores, does that mean we can ban them too?

No, they need to have a no pet hater policy.

View more comments (6)

Lowes in Fort Worth, Texas - Buyer Beware

BUYER BEWARE!!! Spent $3200 to get cabinets and a vanity installed at the store on Bryant Irvin. I received a call 3 weeks after placing the order stating that everything was in. Twenty minutes later, I received another call starting that part of the cabinet was back ordered. No one could tell me why I received the first call. Now three weeks later, and I had confirmed installation again. An hour before the install time window was to elapse, I received another call stating that they ordered the incorrect piece, and it was damaged. All pieces had been at the store for a week (most for over 3 weeks); however, no one bothered to inspect all the pieces. I asked to have the name and phone number/email of the regional manager multiple times but was told they couldn’t provide that information to me. I did some digging and found a number on online. Again, I was told that I couldn’t have the regional manager’s information , but I could file a corporate complaint, and I would be contacted within 24 hours. I called the store back asking to speak to the store manager, and I was turned over to a department manager. I have yet to be able to speak to the ACTUAL store manager or a regional manager.
h.kitchener

Why don't you just cancel the order and go elsewhere? Apparently, Lowe's doesn't really care to have your business.

Order processing issue

I never received my rebates from lowes

3.0
I never received my rebates cards from last year. what do i do? the tracker says it was sent... but i never got anything!!!!!!!! what do i do to receive them? i have checked my email too. one is still processing and i have three that stated they were sent on but i never got anything by mail or by email....? I really need to know where i go from this point i could really use them. Submission Status Promotion Dates10/12/2017 - 10/18/2017 Current StatusRebate Sent Department Number108789 Reward Value$118.60 Tracking NumberGPJD-8573-5882 Submission Status Promotion Dates10/12/2017 - 10/18/2017 Current StatusRebate Sent Department Number108789 Reward Value$5.91 Tracking NumberJHLY-5451-2701 Submission Status Promotion Dates10/12/2017 - 10/18/2017 Current StatusRebate Sent Department Number108789 Reward Value$34.41 Tracking NumberCGBZ-9838-4565 please contact me back at beccers85@hotmail.com or by phone 775-316-2161 thanks

Have you tried calling the Rebate Center? 877-204-1223 I had a similar issue with a paint rebate and I called and they sent out a new check. They of course had to verify the check sent was not cashed or anything.

Problem with delivery
Loss
Preferred solution
i would like my gift card rebated please.