Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Wareham, Massachusetts - Terrible delivery service and customer service

Ordered a dryer over the phone and was told it could be delivered the next day and they would call approximately 30 minutes before delivery. My wife was home and had not heard from anybody by 1pm. We called and were told the dryer was not on the truck. We were not called by Lowes or their 3rd party delivery service of this issue. We had hired a plumber to install the dryer as it was a gas dryer and had to cancel. Customer service said to call the store where the dryer was to be shipped from. They were useless and threw the 3rd party delivery service under the bus and could not give a date as to when the dryer would be delivered. After a few more phone calls I got frustrated and cancelled the order. Sent an email to customer service to complain and was given the choice of receiving a phone call or receiving an email response. Thought I might be able to salvage the situation , so I opted for a phone call, The next day I received a canned email reply apologizing, but offering no solutions or compensation. Ended up buying the dryer from Bought the dryer from Home Depot. Delivery took longer, but at least when knew when it was coming.
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Product and price
Cons
  • Customer service and delivery system
Problem with delivery
Will not buy from Lowes again although I have a Lowes credit card

Lowes did not honor appliance rebates

Purchased 6 NEW appliances from Lowes, and was issued two rebate forms, by staff. The total amount of rebates amounted to $500.00 (a significant amount that attributed to my decision to make the purchase). Forms were completed and mailed in. Didn't hear anything for a month. Checked rebate status online. Message read: "Your rebate request did not meet the following requirement of the offer: Your sales receipt did not indicate the purchase of two or more eligible appliances at Lowe's Submit missing/invalid items to the following address as soon as possible. Include your tracking number on your documents." I NEVER received anything about being in non-compliance. Resubmitted the forms (previously had saved copies), with receipts as well as a typed letter. Another month, and NO response. Checked rebate status online, and it was not changed. Responded to local store. Spoke with Customer Service who contacted Corporate and the Rebate division. Was told that my purchase was in compliance, however due to being months later, I was no longer eligible. Spoke with store manager. He concurred, however stated that he wouldn't be able to do anything without a post office receipt showing that I mailed the rebate forms. He was advised that the proof is in their system (was received and purchases made). I provided copies of everything except post office receipt. They sent me packing after I lost my temper, calling them thieves. Now I am digging around, trying to find this post office receipt!

This happened to me two years in a row. Complete Scam

Lowes Rebate
Cons
  • Failure to meet commitments
Full refund
Tags
  • Lowes Poor Customer Service
  • Miss Leading Offers

Lowes in Orlando, Florida - Slow and terribly understaffed

3.6
There are 13 registers and 4self help registers -that were closed-so in reality only ONE cashier. I had one item I urgently needed and the patrons in front of me had carts of items so I waited and waited and waited.. I had no other choice because I really need this item. Advice to managers or hiring Personnel hire more people
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Cary, North Carolina - Very satisfied

5.0

Update by user Nov 06, 2018

And we got the 10% military discount that Home Depot wouldn't give

Original review posted by user Nov 06, 2018

After reading so many bad reviews, I was very hesitant to use Lowes. But our experience replacing carpeting in 3BRs, family room, stairs, closets was great. Ordered Stainmaster Pet Protect Riverwalk from their Cary, NC location. Employee Adam was knowledgeable and made no errors. I was also concerned that the installation go well. Installers from Legacy Flooring in Raleigh, NC arrived on time. Three man crew moved designated furniture, ripped up old carpet and pad, installed new of both, vacuumed and hauled away old materials. Crew chief wore t-shirt "Rodriguez Flooring" so maybe Legacy subbed it to them. Crew was professional, polite and did a wonderful job - even asked where we wanted seams placed. Couldn't have gone better. It's beautiful! I think it really matters that the installers have lots of experience. Otherwise, it can be a nightmare.
Lowes Carpet Installation
with carpet installation

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Kitchen remodel

Started our remodel in January, Still not done. I have finished the caulking and the touch up paint where the contractor damaged the kitchen ceiling. When they first came to our house super nice, but once you pay good luck!! They demo our kitchen then came to install our new cabinets with drywall missing behind the cabinets and in the ceiling. I had to stop the install myself and insist on the drywall being repaired before the new cabinets be installed. I asked the contractor if he would have done this to his and house and he said no. I asked why he was with my house and he did not have an answer. First of many problems. Cabinet doors damaged buy the contractors, and no return calls or email from Lowes to our questions without me going to the store. In our quote we paid for "cleaners" to come and clean up after Lowes left. Still waiting on them to show, I cleaned myself and asked for a refund for that charge. No answer and my email are not answered. I went to the store and spoke to the manager, still wanting on an answer. The tile installer is the project manager dad. He damaged the ceiling, scraped on the paint done to the drywall. He did come and spray the texture on but I gave on waiting for him or someone to come and repaint the ceiling. We are supposed to have soft close doors and drawers but several are not working correctly. When the cabinet man came he said nothing is wrong. I do NOT recommend using Lowes.
Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Clarksville, Tennessee - Damaged refrigerator and door

Lowe’s has delivered 3 damaged refrigerators to us and today a damaged front door which we refused. We have paid around $8000 for appliances and a front door and storm door recently. The LG French door refrigerator was delivered 3 or 4 times, ( I’ve lost times) and each was damaged. We finally accepted one which was slightly damaged in order to have a refrigerator. Months ago we special ordered a main front door and storm door. Today it was sent out damaged. We refused it. Corporate office first refused to replace it even though we paid cash for both doors and installation. Finally, he (whatever his name is) supposedly said he would reorder the door. It was essentially like pulling hen’s teeth to get to this point with him and remind you this is an expensive door that we have already paid for plus installation. He knew how to use the B.S. they are taught to use to appease the public but we weren’t buying into it. These corporations should know by now that the public is sick and tired of all their corporate lingo to the consumer. Here winter is coming on and we still have no doors and a brand new refrigerator with minor damage to the back plate. Every time we deal with Lowe’s it is another nightmare, yet, the other competitor is almost as bad. Where does this leave you in 2018? Gone is the day when man put pride in his work and products. It’s very disheartening to say the least. Be prepared when you shop for major articles in particular and stand your ground with these big companies. After all, it’s your hard earned money, not their’s.
Product
Refrigerator
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Mesquite, Nevada - Pissed Consumer

I see today Lowes is closing 51 stores maybe this is the reason. The store in St. George Ut had a table/mag rack on display , which the wife wanted after talking to the sales person thru his manager, none on stock and could not sell the display item. Closing stores. Once upon a time I was trying to send this message as a pissed consumer and it came back as under 100 words, so I will just babble until I get there and get more pissed. Maybe Home Depo I looking better for my money. Still short how is your day going am I talking to India. Still to short how is the weather in India I see you are 12 hours later than here in the states

Most stores won't sell the display if more stock is coming. There are several reasons for this.

If there is no display people won't know they sell it. Having a display, they may take an order for future stock coming in or the customer may return to buy it when new stock comes in. It also takes time to build a new display when new stock comes in. Time that stores that are thinly staffed don't have.

People often look over the displays closely and want discounts for any blemish they can find. Why sell it at a discount if you would just have to take time building a new one when fresh stock arrives in a few days.

So... Lowe’s didn’t sell your wife the display.

Yes, I’m sure that’s the reason why they are closing 51 stores. Lol

Huh? What?

View more comments (2)

Lowes - Scam artist

I have borrowed 4,000 dollars from Lowe’s. 5 1/2 years later I still owe 4000. I’m disabled and cannot continue to make this payment. I’ve paid back over 10,000!!! When does it end. I will never shop at Lowe’s again!

Anytime you use a high interest rate store credit card and make only the minimum payment you will end up paying for years and years. Either start making larger payments or go to your bank and get a loan with a lower interest rate.

Stores love to push store cards as they pay no fees to the major credit card companies.

The companies that issue the store cards charge consumers higher interest rates to make up for the fact that the store doesn't pay them anything. Store cards are generally not a good deal for consumers.

Product
Lowes Credit Card
Pricing issue

Lowes in Elverson, Pennsylvania - Changed delivery date for refrigerator .. lost all my food.

Lost over 300 in frozen and perishable food. Manager of Morgantown lowes couldn't care less. Kinda of a *** to us.

You leave out a lot of detail. Exactly how did you loose $300 in frozen food?

What was the reason for the delay? Was it because the manufacturer didn't deliver the refrigerator to them when it was due?

If you need an appliance urgently make sure it is in stock at the location you are purchasing it from and ready for delivery. If it isn't there is always a chance for a delay in delivery.

Lowes Manager
Poor customer service

Lowes in Holmdel Township, New Jersey - Unacceptable service..run around.

Update by user Nov 03, 2018

Original review posted by user Nov 02, 2018

Warning Notice! Do not use Lowe’s service for anything at the Holmdel location. You will regret it. They use subcontractors who are not Lowe’s employees and Lowe’s has no control of their own subcontractors. They do not control over there own sales representatives who do not follow through on what they say. I am also investigating the Lowe’s company policy and on home improvement and whether the violation the Home Improvement Practice Regulations below and consumer protection laws. I believed they have violated the Home Improvement Practice Regulations found in the New Jersey Administrative Code at N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.1 et seq. In multiple instances. (See below for details) The requirements of the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, N.J.S.A. 56:8-1 et seq. (the “Act”) and the Home Improvement Practice Regulations found in the New Jersey Administrative Code at N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.1 et seq. (the “Regulations”), place obligations on contractors and protect consumers when it comes to home improvements. Contractors should be aware of these provisions in view of the potential costs of non-compliance, and homeowners should familiarize themselves with these provisions prior to undertaking home improvements. Generally, the Act protects consumers from unconscionable commercial practices such as fraud, misrepresentation, and deception by persons involved in the sale of goods and services, including home improvement contracts. The Act defines contractors as persons engaged in the business of making or selling home improvements, and requires all contractors to be registered with the State of New Jersey. Contractors doing home improvements, defined as all construction work that is not construction of a new residence, are also subject to the home improvement practices regulations. Contractors must comply with the Act and the Regulations, or risk costly litigation and monetary penalties. In many cases, a violation of the Regulations, such as failure to provide a written contract, constitutes a per se violation of the Act and may subject the contractor to triple damages under the Act. The home improvement contract between the seller/contractor and the consumer/homeowner sets forth the rights and obligations of the parties with respect to the home improvements being performed. Pursuant to the Regulations, all home improvement contracts in excess of $500, and all change orders of such contracts, must be in writing and signed by the parties. Failure of the contractor to provide a written contract or change order is automatically a violation of the Act, and the homeowner need not prove that the contractor intended to violate the Act. Under the Regulations, the written contract must clearly and accurately, and in understandable language, set forth the terms and conditions of the contract, including the following: A detailed description of the work to be done and materials to be used. · A start date and an end date. · The total price to be paid by the homeowner, including finance charges. · The legal name and business address of the seller or agent who negotiated the contract for the seller. · A description of any mortgage or security interest to be taken in connection with the sale or financing of the home improvements. · A statement of any guarantee or warranty with regard to products, materials, labor and services made by the contractor.

Most likely a fake review. The poster doesn’t give us any kind of grievance or damages they suffered.

Not even a basic outline of thier ordeal. Just an accusation with no detail to back it up.

Lowe's is protected by the contract you signed. The third party contractor who did the work is who is liable for this, not Lowe's.

You can try to sue them if you wish, but it won't hold up in court because they have a signed contract absolving them from damages caused by the third party contractor. If you hire an attorney they will find this out pretty quickly.

You can file a complaint with the NJ Consumer affairs. If The State looks at your evidence and finds that Lowe’s is non-compliant then they will impose fine on Lowe’s(the Contractor) of which the State receives.

Then perhaps Lowe’s will find it better to settle out of court with you for damages.

If the State finds that Lowe’s is compliant, They will serve as a mediator in resolving the dispute, and if you and Lowe’s can’t agree, then you will have to file a lawsuit against Lowe’s and let the court decide. Since you give no details exactly how Lowe’s has violated the state law, I would have to assume that they are compliant.

TroubledGiantClam852

The notion that the biggest, most prosperous businesses are somehow immune from regulatory oversight is simply ludicrous. These powerful megacorps are just as susceptible to labor violations as their small and mid-sized counterparts.

Good luck in Court.

@PCFL1592

No court for me.... New Jersey state law violation. NJState vs Lowe’s

@TroubledGiantClam852

Or hopefully corporate Lowe’s tight up policy to existing New Jersey state law.

View more comments (6)
Lowes Sales Representative
Reason of review
Lowe’s policy and whether the violated Nj law..Home Improvement Practice Regulations found in the New Jersey Administrative Code at N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.1 et seq.
Let the company propose a solution