Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Albany, New York - Don't choose Lowe's for your insulation order

I ordered R-13 insulation from lowes.com over 4 weeks ago, was given an estimated delivery date of 10/3 and still haven't received the insulation yet. Lowe's continues to blame the vendor, but I placed the order with Lowe's, they are responsible for fulfilling that order, keep giving me information that is incorrect and don't seem very motivated to complete the order or "make the customer happy." Multiple times I have been told someone would call me back and no one has; multiple times I have been given delivery dates which have come and gone with no delivery of the insulation. On top of that, Lowe's has billed my credit card already! That charge will clearly be contested.

Do you understand that retail stores don't manufacturer the products they sell? If their suppliers are late in shipping they can't go out in their warehouse and whip up a batch of insulation for you.

All they can give you for expected due dates is what their supplier tells them.

They have no way of knowing if there will be additional delays in their delivery. If you need it now, cancel the order and find another store that has what you need in stock.

Order processing issue

Lowes in Avon Park, Florida - After product was ordered and confirmed, they cancelled it saying it was out of stock

Got an early morning e-mail from Lowes Pros with an offer for a Pressure Washer for half of its original price. I jumped on it first thing and was delighted to see it was in stock and the order went thru. Two days later, I received an e-mail telling me that the item was no longer in stock. I called and told them I wanted to keep the order open and avoid cancellation. I was willing to wait for the item. The next day I received another e-mail stating the order was canceled. When I called in, the person I spoke to was rude and spoke over me as I tried to talk. She was adamant that they could not fill the order. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he or she refused to speak to me. They offered me another pressure washer for $100 more money plus shipping with a 10% off discount. The one I ordered had free shipping. My order # placed on 10/15 is 35756958. Needless to say, this experience has left a terrible taste in my mouth and I don't plan on doing business with Lowes in the future. I understand that the item I purchased was a very good deal and perhaps Lowe's error was to offer it at such a reduced price. This feels to me like bait and switch and I won't fall for such practices from a company I used often and trusted. The thing to do would have been to either wait for the product to be reordered or to offer another similar product at the same great price, not an upcharge and customer pay shipping. I am extremely upset over this event and need to be heard.

Please contact us and quote 11076654 and we will be happy to deliver the product and add an extra discount, apologies.

When I went in my local store a week later, low and behold, they had three in stock at a higher price than before the discounted one. So, no, not a clearance item.

Yes they should have found me one at the price quoted.

All I’ll buy there now is rocks. They can’t damage those.

They should have gotten you one from another store and charged you the price that you were quoted. It may have costed them a few bucks, but it would have been a small price to pay for keeping a good loyal customer.

Sounds like this was a clearance item. The store cancelled because they cannot receive more in stock.

That's why it's been clearanced.

They cannot keep an order they cannot fulfill. It's that simple.

Most likely it was a clearance item. Ince they are gone, they are gone. These Big box stores are notorious for haveing wrong inventory counts.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Deal
Cons
  • Getting the run-around
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Roanoke, Virginia - TOOK TWO (2) MONTHS TO RECEIVE STOVE COOKTOP

NOTE: DURING THE TIME FRAME BELOW WE SPOKE WITH THREE APPLIANCE DEPARTMENT EMPLOYEES, TWO LOWE’S MANAGERS AND ALSO THE MANAGER OF THE APPLIANCE DEPARTMENT: ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ WE ORDERED A STOVE COOKTOP AT LOWE'S IN SALEM, VA ON AUGUST 31ST AND WE FINALLY RECEIVED IT IN OUR HOME ON OCTOBER 15TH. IT WAS SUPPOSE TO ARRIVE WITHIN TWO WEEKS AND IT ENDED UP TAKING EIGHT WEEKS TO ARRIVE AT THE LOWE'S STORE IN SALEM, VA. AFTER WAITING FOR EIGHT (8) WEEKS WE FINALLY RECEIVED IT IN OUR HOME. WE PAID FOR INSTALLATION AND LOWE'S DROPPED IT OFF AT OUR HOME AND SAID SOMEONE WILL CALL YOU TO INSTALL IT. I DO HAVE TO SAY A VERY NICE GUY CAME THE NEXT MORNING (HE WAS CONTRACTED OUT BY LOWE'S) AND INSTALLED OUR COOKTOP. WE HAVE BEEN A FAITHFUL CUSTOMER OF LOWE'S FOR 30+ YEARS, BUT WE WILL NEVER SHOP AT LOWE'S AGAIN. WE WILL TAKE OUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE AND I'M SURE GET OUR MERCHANDISE IN A TIMELY MANNER.

You would have probably had the same problem anywhere you went. Cooktops aren't the fastest selling appliance and are usually ordered from the manufacturer.

If they are in stock in the manufacturers warehouse you will have delivery within two weeks. The manufacturers are extremely poor about letting stores know if they are out of stock, The store knows when the truck shows up and the appliance is backordered. If it is backordered they have to wait for more to be manufactured. If you are looking at one of the big Korean manufacturers you have to add another 3-4 weeks for it to get to the US on a boat and another week to get from their docks to the warehouse.

Until it finally arrives on the truck the store has little way of knowing exactly when it will arrive.

It's just as frustrating for the salespeople having to listen to customers complain as it is for the customers. If you need an appliance in a timely manner only purchase items that are in stock at the store.

Order processing issue

Lowes in Spokane, Washington - Out of stock

1.8
It seems half the time I go into Lowe's to look for something they're out of it. No one knows when it will be in or if it will even be in. Other stores in the valley Coeur d'Alene seem to have these things that the north side doesn't. I won't be going there anymore

Lowes in Langhorne, Pennsylvania - Do not choose Lowe's for your fence

1.8
We moved into our home which already had a partial vinyl privacy fence installed, therefore we only had to install additional 74 feet of fence to make it fully enclosed. First, the crew consisted of 2 men whoe acted like this was their first day of doing any type of labor. The one guy wore basketball shots and sneakers. Also, we could not communicate with each other since they spoke no English. They then used a small shovel that looked like a kids toy to dig out the holes for the fence post. It took them almost 11 hours to finish, it was dark when they finished so I couldn't fully see the finished product until the next day. The next day I noticed how poor of a job they did: 1. The fence and the gate was crooked. 2. They ovepoured cement at one of the posts. 3. There were at least 2 posts in which they did not pour at the back of the posts so it was flimsy, and could make the fence fall over. 4. They poorly cut the fence panel that was inserted between the new and old fence. When I called the contractor, he came out, looked and basically thought nothing was wrong. The two men who did the fence did come out and tried to fix what they needed to. But in the end the entire fence needs to be redone. It was poorly done. I definitely would not recommend doing any type of fencing with Lowe's, do not waste your money, because in the end you are going to end up redoing everything!
Lowes Fence Installation
Bad quality

Lowes in Norwalk, Connecticut - Installation bait and switch

I went into the Norwalk, CT Lowes store to order a sliding door for my patio. I was quoted $477 plus misc. fees in the store for the installation. The installer went to my home and came back with an installation price that was more than double the $477. He said it involved custom work. Now, I've had home construction jobs done before, including 5 windows put in by Home Depot, and never had an installation estimate come back at double the original estimate. This was a normal slider! I thought this was exorbitant and canceled the job. I will go back to Home Depot and get the slider. At least their installation price was honest! Lowes better find other installers

Same for me - Installer never got in touch - had to chase them. Store said cost would be around $200.

Contractor: $672. Price gouging. I have been calling/emailing Lowes' board of directos, the CEO, etc. Only receive replys from workers low on the totem pole.

I spend thousands of dollars at Lowes. Guess that's a drop in the bucket, but enough drops put together will combine to make a river.

They should never quote an installation charge without coming to your home to see what needs to be done. Sure, you may be having a "standard" door installed, but is the old door the same size.

A standard 6' patio door is currently has a 6'0" x 6'8" rough opening. Older 6' doors varied from 5'11" to 6'5" in width and up to 6'11" in height.

If you opening is different than the current size there would be additional materials and labor involved to install the door. You may well find the same situation when you get to Home Depot as well.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Door Installation Estimate
Pricing issue

I can not believe how appliances delivered by lowes are all damaged

The original delivery date was 9/30/18. Today is 10/13/18. That's 14 days. I ordered an electric stove to be delivered to one of our tenants. The order number is 356900168. A stove was delivered and it is damaged and it’s the wrong stove and it’s damaged. I was working with an Allison yesterday. She contacted someone at store 2378 in Philadelphia. She made arrangements to remove the damaged and incorrect stove and install the correct stove on 1013/18 all in the same day. This has been an extremely frustrating experience. The level of incompetence is unbelievable. Today I was told for some unknown reason the stove was not put on the truck and there was no plan to pick up the damaged stove. We were called last night to tell us that between 8:30 and 10:30 all this would happen. Nobody seems to know what is going on. Remember by tomorrow it will be 14 days to get a correct stove delivered and installed. Finally, the delivered the correct stove and it's physically damaged and the connection for the power cord is also damaged.
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Nightmare
Cons
  • Inability to respond
Problem with delivery
Loss

Dogs in Lowes

I too shop in Lowe's and see dogs in there quite often. I have also seen dogs walk up to customers while the owner is not paying attention. Who says this customer wants attention from the dog? I do not because I have allergies. I have had to ask people to please keep heir dog away from me and then I get the 'stinky' eye. I love animals (and used to have a dog) but cannot have them near me anymore Employees have told me of having to break up dog fights, clean up messes made by dogs - urine and *** - and many other tales of mishaps by dogs. Who wants to buy lumber already pissed on by a dog? I don't. Stores should not allow dogs in with the exception of service dogs.

I've stepped around dog *** in the aisles of Lowes, only to watch another customer step in it. Leave your damned dogs at home!

@Shopper

When I lived in Vermont, people who let their dogs doo on the sidewalk all winter long and it would snow over it and cover it up. When all of the ice and snow melted in the spring, the sidewalks were all covered with all of the dog doo that had been there all winter long.

There was a whole lot of it and it was really disgusting. They even ran a story in the newspaper about it, titled "Springtime will reveal what dogs doo".

All of those people should have been responsible dog owners and cleaned up after their dogs did their business on the sidewalk. It's the decent thing to do.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Newington, Connecticut - Worst installation service ever

1.5
We went to Lowe’s on July 3, 2018 to begin the process of having blinds installed in our new home. Since then the process has been a nightmare. There is absolutely NO communication between the installer and Lowe’s. After the installer measured, he said Lowe’s would have our measurements within an hour, but when we went the next day we were turned away beacause Lowe’s hadn’t received them. When we finally picked our blinds it took TWO HOURS in the store to have them ordered and sign a contract. Our blinds arrived in the mail two weeks later, yet it took another week to hear from installer, and a week after that to have them come out. When they finally arrived, half the blinds were the wrong size! It was *** to have them reordered (another month long process) and when the installer came out again there were pieces missing and one of the blinds was still too long!! We couldn’t believe the incompetence, inconvenience and lack of response from Lowe’s. We made multiple calls to the store manager and even corporate office with official complaints with promises to receive calls back, which never came. It is now mid-October ( a whole month after contract expired) and we still don’t gave all the blinds we paid for. We have not even received any kind of call with an apology or so much as a coupon for reimbursement. I paid Lowe’s in full in July and haven’t even been offered a discount!!! We urge anyone reading this to avoid Lowe’s installation services at all costs!! We definitely will never be using them again!!

Whatever happened with this. Lowes actually lost our blinds.

Lowes Blinds Installation
Bad quality

Lowes in Albuquerque, New Mexico - Let go before my resignation date

2.8
I am now a former Lowe's employee, I put in my 2 week notice, for the 21st of October, I was let go the 12 th of October, I was told that it was standard practice to let employees go whom have submitted their resignation, but much to my surprise, I have known several other employees from the store I was working and they got to finish out their commitment to Lowe's, I in the time I worked their was never late, missed one day of work due to mechanical issues, to which I followed procedure and called in, I have never been reprimanded for infractions of policy, I find it unfair that I was let go before my resignation date, I cannot find the policy where it says that Lowe's uses that practice, thinking I was terminated without cause.
PresentSunBear

me too

I've never worked for Lowes but have worked for other retail stores. It kind of depends on why you are leaving as to whether you get to work out your two weeks or not.

If you are leaving for school, retiring, moving out of town they will usually let you work out your notice.

If you turn in your notice and say you are taking a job at another retail store they will often terminate you right away. They feel if you are no longer committed to them and you would rather be working elsewhere it's better for you the be elsewhere sooner rather than later.

There doesn't need to be a cause. Unless there is a contract, you serve at the pleasure of management.

Apparently you no longer garnered their pleasure.

At our company, anyone turning in a 2 week notice was thanked for their consideration and let go immediately with a 2-week severance check. Nobody wants an employee who has publicly announced their dissatisfaction by turning in a notice which is often disruptive and leads to morale issues and in some cases, intentionally sabotaged work.

@Anonymous

or theft. It's quite common for people who have given their notice to steal from the company they are leaving.

View more comments (3)
Policy and Procedure
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags