Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in Spokane, Washington - Out of stock

1.8
It seems half the time I go into Lowe's to look for something they're out of it. No one knows when it will be in or if it will even be in. Other stores in the valley Coeur d'Alene seem to have these things that the north side doesn't. I won't be going there anymore

Lowes in Langhorne, Pennsylvania - Do not choose Lowe's for your fence

1.8
We moved into our home which already had a partial vinyl privacy fence installed, therefore we only had to install additional 74 feet of fence to make it fully enclosed. First, the crew consisted of 2 men whoe acted like this was their first day of doing any type of labor. The one guy wore basketball shots and sneakers. Also, we could not communicate with each other since they spoke no English. They then used a small shovel that looked like a kids toy to dig out the holes for the fence post. It took them almost 11 hours to finish, it was dark when they finished so I couldn't fully see the finished product until the next day. The next day I noticed how poor of a job they did: 1. The fence and the gate was crooked. 2. They ovepoured cement at one of the posts. 3. There were at least 2 posts in which they did not pour at the back of the posts so it was flimsy, and could make the fence fall over. 4. They poorly cut the fence panel that was inserted between the new and old fence. When I called the contractor, he came out, looked and basically thought nothing was wrong. The two men who did the fence did come out and tried to fix what they needed to. But in the end the entire fence needs to be redone. It was poorly done. I definitely would not recommend doing any type of fencing with Lowe's, do not waste your money, because in the end you are going to end up redoing everything!
Lowes Fence Installation
Bad quality

Lowes in Norwalk, Connecticut - Installation bait and switch

I went into the Norwalk, CT Lowes store to order a sliding door for my patio. I was quoted $477 plus misc. fees in the store for the installation. The installer went to my home and came back with an installation price that was more than double the $477. He said it involved custom work. Now, I've had home construction jobs done before, including 5 windows put in by Home Depot, and never had an installation estimate come back at double the original estimate. This was a normal slider! I thought this was exorbitant and canceled the job. I will go back to Home Depot and get the slider. At least their installation price was honest! Lowes better find other installers

Same for me - Installer never got in touch - had to chase them. Store said cost would be around $200.

Contractor: $672. Price gouging. I have been calling/emailing Lowes' board of directos, the CEO, etc. Only receive replys from workers low on the totem pole.

I spend thousands of dollars at Lowes. Guess that's a drop in the bucket, but enough drops put together will combine to make a river.

They should never quote an installation charge without coming to your home to see what needs to be done. Sure, you may be having a "standard" door installed, but is the old door the same size.

A standard 6' patio door is currently has a 6'0" x 6'8" rough opening. Older 6' doors varied from 5'11" to 6'5" in width and up to 6'11" in height.

If you opening is different than the current size there would be additional materials and labor involved to install the door. You may well find the same situation when you get to Home Depot as well.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Door Installation Estimate
Pricing issue

I can not believe how appliances delivered by lowes are all damaged

The original delivery date was 9/30/18. Today is 10/13/18. That's 14 days. I ordered an electric stove to be delivered to one of our tenants. The order number is 356900168. A stove was delivered and it is damaged and it’s the wrong stove and it’s damaged. I was working with an Allison yesterday. She contacted someone at store 2378 in Philadelphia. She made arrangements to remove the damaged and incorrect stove and install the correct stove on 1013/18 all in the same day. This has been an extremely frustrating experience. The level of incompetence is unbelievable. Today I was told for some unknown reason the stove was not put on the truck and there was no plan to pick up the damaged stove. We were called last night to tell us that between 8:30 and 10:30 all this would happen. Nobody seems to know what is going on. Remember by tomorrow it will be 14 days to get a correct stove delivered and installed. Finally, the delivered the correct stove and it's physically damaged and the connection for the power cord is also damaged.
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Nightmare
Cons
  • Inability to respond
Problem with delivery
Loss

Dogs in Lowes

I too shop in Lowe's and see dogs in there quite often. I have also seen dogs walk up to customers while the owner is not paying attention. Who says this customer wants attention from the dog? I do not because I have allergies. I have had to ask people to please keep heir dog away from me and then I get the 'stinky' eye. I love animals (and used to have a dog) but cannot have them near me anymore Employees have told me of having to break up dog fights, clean up messes made by dogs - urine and *** - and many other tales of mishaps by dogs. Who wants to buy lumber already pissed on by a dog? I don't. Stores should not allow dogs in with the exception of service dogs.

I've stepped around dog *** in the aisles of Lowes, only to watch another customer step in it. Leave your damned dogs at home!

@Shopper

When I lived in Vermont, people who let their dogs doo on the sidewalk all winter long and it would snow over it and cover it up. When all of the ice and snow melted in the spring, the sidewalks were all covered with all of the dog doo that had been there all winter long.

There was a whole lot of it and it was really disgusting. They even ran a story in the newspaper about it, titled "Springtime will reveal what dogs doo".

All of those people should have been responsible dog owners and cleaned up after their dogs did their business on the sidewalk. It's the decent thing to do.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Newington, Connecticut - Worst installation service ever

1.5
We went to Lowe’s on July 3, 2018 to begin the process of having blinds installed in our new home. Since then the process has been a nightmare. There is absolutely NO communication between the installer and Lowe’s. After the installer measured, he said Lowe’s would have our measurements within an hour, but when we went the next day we were turned away beacause Lowe’s hadn’t received them. When we finally picked our blinds it took TWO HOURS in the store to have them ordered and sign a contract. Our blinds arrived in the mail two weeks later, yet it took another week to hear from installer, and a week after that to have them come out. When they finally arrived, half the blinds were the wrong size! It was *** to have them reordered (another month long process) and when the installer came out again there were pieces missing and one of the blinds was still too long!! We couldn’t believe the incompetence, inconvenience and lack of response from Lowe’s. We made multiple calls to the store manager and even corporate office with official complaints with promises to receive calls back, which never came. It is now mid-October ( a whole month after contract expired) and we still don’t gave all the blinds we paid for. We have not even received any kind of call with an apology or so much as a coupon for reimbursement. I paid Lowe’s in full in July and haven’t even been offered a discount!!! We urge anyone reading this to avoid Lowe’s installation services at all costs!! We definitely will never be using them again!!

Whatever happened with this. Lowes actually lost our blinds.

Lowes Blinds Installation
Bad quality

Lowes in Albuquerque, New Mexico - Let go before my resignation date

2.8
I am now a former Lowe's employee, I put in my 2 week notice, for the 21st of October, I was let go the 12 th of October, I was told that it was standard practice to let employees go whom have submitted their resignation, but much to my surprise, I have known several other employees from the store I was working and they got to finish out their commitment to Lowe's, I in the time I worked their was never late, missed one day of work due to mechanical issues, to which I followed procedure and called in, I have never been reprimanded for infractions of policy, I find it unfair that I was let go before my resignation date, I cannot find the policy where it says that Lowe's uses that practice, thinking I was terminated without cause.
PresentSunBear

me too

I've never worked for Lowes but have worked for other retail stores. It kind of depends on why you are leaving as to whether you get to work out your two weeks or not.

If you are leaving for school, retiring, moving out of town they will usually let you work out your notice.

If you turn in your notice and say you are taking a job at another retail store they will often terminate you right away. They feel if you are no longer committed to them and you would rather be working elsewhere it's better for you the be elsewhere sooner rather than later.

There doesn't need to be a cause. Unless there is a contract, you serve at the pleasure of management.

Apparently you no longer garnered their pleasure.

At our company, anyone turning in a 2 week notice was thanked for their consideration and let go immediately with a 2-week severance check. Nobody wants an employee who has publicly announced their dissatisfaction by turning in a notice which is often disruptive and leads to morale issues and in some cases, intentionally sabotaged work.

@Anonymous

or theft. It's quite common for people who have given their notice to steal from the company they are leaving.

View more comments (3)
Policy and Procedure
Let the company propose a solution
  • poor training

Lowes in Naples, Florida - Poor employee customer services

3.7
To Whom It May Concern: I was in your Lowes store #2261 on Saturday October 13, 2018 at 18:38 and had a conflict with one of your customer service Personnel on that date. I needed to have my credit card looked up which Elle did for me. She proceeded to ring up my items, a Grab bar, 3 small flashlights and a timer. Then she walked away from me. I needed a bag to exit the store. Elle when to ring up another customer, I stated I needed a bag, but it fell on deaf ears of both the personnel behind the Customer service counter. I stated it again but no one seemed to hear. I nugged the other counter personnel girl on her right arm, who was on the phone, for a bag. She stated sharply and loudly, “Don’t you touch me”. I stated I need a bag. She stated “don’t you lay your hands on me”. In amazement, and truly exhaustion, I stated forget the bag. She said “You got that”. As I was approaching the door, “I stated you don’t have to be a ***** to me, I just wanted a bag.” She called at me, “what did you say?” I repeated it to her, as she was very wrong to talk to a regular customer in that manner. “You don’t lay your hands on me”, as she was bobbing her head. I told her she didn’t have to get all Ghetto on me, she is working and needs to be aware of customers. “Your ghetto” she stated. I stated I can call the manager from my phone. I left the store. I called the store when I got to my car and left off my stuff in my car.. I went to the lumber check out and called the store on my phone. Finally a manager (a female) did answer the call and I asked for her to meet me in lumber, register 1. A man came down and was answering another customer’s questions and then he stated can I help you. I stated I was waiting for a manager and he stated he was one. I told him the event, as I am telling you. It is important to state that the whole time the person I had the conflict was on the phone with another customer, speaking to me in the manner that she did. The other phone customer had to hear her as she talked loudly, rudely and insubordinately to another customer. I am a regular customer, and actually that day I passed 2 Lowe’s and 2 Home Depot, as the Job I am working at is in Fort Myers, but I usually stop at the one close to my home, which is this store. In fact on Tuesday, I spent over $1000 for sinks, garbage disposals, and faucets. I will shortly be working on a entire kitchen renovation in the next couple of weeks. As well as a Garage renovation coming up at Thanksgiving. I make big purchases at least 4 to 6 times a month. I did not appreciate the girl’s response to a simple and non-malice nug, and I do not believe Lowe’s wants this to be the person that customers need to interact with. Not only was she rude and belligerent to me, but the customer on the phone was witness to the event as well. She was not aware of other customers in her area. even when I came up and was waiting to be checked out, as she was facing me. Elle had to move from her station to assist me. The girl in the Lumber check out immediately acknowledge me even tho I was just standing there. This was a very unpleasant interaction in your store, mostly due an employee who has no sense that she is there to help the customer, not to ignore, insult and berate the customer I would appreciate their response for this event.

You ever touch me, I will floor you. You don't understand the harrassment we have to deal with.

I don't want your dirty hands on me. Nasty!

There's more to this story than you're telling.

How do you think you lost $2000 because you didn't get a bag? I've never considered a plastic bag from Lowes to be worth that kind of money.

Considering you stated this in your complaint... Monetary Loss: $2000.

You Do Not come across as credible.

You come across as greedy. So What is the True story?

View more comments (3)
Lowes Cashier
Cons
  • Manner of checkout service provided
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
This employee does not value being a Lowe's employee
  • Poor Customer Care

Lowes in Springfield, Missouri - Allergic to dogs

2.0
Yesterday 10/12/18 i entered Lowe's store on north side of Springfield Mo i shop there quite a bit i was asking a cashier where a product was located was listening to her answer when a dog on a lease comes right by me i am allergic to dogs so i told her and we moved out of the way of the dog and she was trying to tell me where to find the product i was looking for and the dog reappears again i went to get the magnetic tape when i felt the sneezing coming on i headed straight to my car and and sneezed for quite a spell i read on the internet that Lowe's is pet friendly and of course i will never shop there again my complaint is why do you not warn customers like me that dogs are allowed in your stores and you may not know it but fleas from these dogs can very easily jump from these dogs to customers its simple just put up a sign at the entrance warning customers that dogs are allowed in your store.....Jim Housley

Should they also warn people with allergies to flowers? How about allergies to dust?

I noticed you also said that you had read the pet friendly notice online. You didn't think that applied to your store as well? Should they also warn you about service dogs being in store? I have allergies myself and your complaint is frivolous.

It is no one's responsibility but your own to be aware of your surroundings. If you're stepping outside take the appropriate medicine with you in case you need to use it.

As many stores are pet friendly I would suggest you stay home and shop on-line.

@Anonymous

Why should i stay home and shop online when i can go to ace hardware and get better service better price and no pets except service dogs same at walmart and menards u r a fool and coward anonymous

Wall of text that is Difficult to read as well as to understand What you are Actually complaining about. I Did see this in your complaint...

i read on the internet that Lowe's is pet friendly. So Lowes Did inform their customers of that.

@Anonymous

I am not responsible for your poor reading ability you were probably scratching flea bites instead of paying attention when you were in grade school

View more comments (4)
Review

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - BAD... BAD EXPERIENCE!!!

2.4
We bought Faucet from LOWE'S, and PAID $435. It leaks and motion sensor does not work. I went to LOWE'S, ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, ILLINOIS and the customer service told me that LOWE'S CANNOT HELP ME, they sent me to their Kitchen Department, which was not helpful, they already knew why I was sent to them and they told me the same WE CANNOT HELP YOU, YOU HAVE TO DEAL YOURSELF WITH MOEN. I have small kids and my kitchen is shout down, we had to close water because of faucet's leaking, so we also cannot use our dishwasher and refrigerator's water filter. LOWE'S manager told me the same!!!!!!! she also told me that MOEN IS CLOSED DURING WEEKENDS SO I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL MONDAY TO CONTACT THEM THAN EVEN LONGER TO SEE IF THEY CAN HELP!!! FEW DAYS OR MAYBE WEEK OR 2 WEEKS WITH 2 KIDS AND NO WATER!!! Are you kidding me, we bought for more than $15,000 from LOWE'S to renovate our kitchen and now LOWE'S DOES NOT WANT TO HELP ME!!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM LOWE'S any expensive items because LOWE'S IS NOT ABLE or DOES NOT WANT TO HELP YOU IF YOUR FAUCET DOES NOT WORK EVEN if YOU PAID $435 for one faucet!!!!! AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE I WILL NOT BUY ANY MORE FROM LOWE'S!!!!

Doesn't make sense that you shut all the water off. Most faucets have a valve underneath the sink to shut off the water.

They are correct though. You have to contact moen for a replacement.

Since it was the weekend you could have bought a cheap replacement faucet to stick in until moen is contacted. On the other hand, why would anyone buy a 400$ faucet...

How old is the faucet? If you just bought it, take it back for an exchange.

If you have had it awhile it is correct that you would deal with the manufacturer for warranty parts or replacement. For some reason consumers have the odd idea that stores are responsible for the warranty on items. THEY ARE NOT. It is the manufacturer that is responsible for any warranty on an item you purchase.

If you would bother reading the warranty that came with the faucet, you would know that. It doesn't matter if you bought the faucet from Lowes, Home Depot or any other retail store. THE STORE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WARRANTY.

Yes it may be an inconvenience to use another faucet in the house until it is fixed but life isn't always easy. Call Moen on Monday and I think you will find they will do a good job of taking care of you as long as you can provide the information the need to process a warranty claim.

Please Stop Shouting in all caps.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Warranty service and store customer service
Poor customer service