Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Working for lowes

The head cashiers at Lowe’s in Westland treats their cashiers terrible they gossip they backstab they tell lies they get people to hate each other and management does nothing
Work Experience or Job Application

Lowes in Largo, Florida - Getting a fence installation

My wife and I went through Lowes to have a fence installed to our new house. The initial person that met us to do a estimate was a Lowes employee, he gave an estimate of a pressure treated to a composite. Both were expensive, we went with pressure treated. They outsource to contractors who are not under skilled, for example they did a poor job on securing the caps to the post, after 2 weeks some of the caps would fall fall. The worst thing was the created a mess on our neighbors yard and Lowes was liable for fixing the problems in the yard, patches and mounds of dirt from them digging post etc. For some unknown reason now, they have closed out our account despite the fact that we would pay our account with them on time. We were never late paying our bill with Lowes. Now they have gotten to the point of send negative reports to credit score companies. Be careful dealing with this company, despite paying your bill on time with them they can close out your account without any notification!

Lowes is not responsible for the credit card company closing your account. You probably lapsed on payments or most likely didn't use the card for a while.

Nor are they fully responsible for the mess the contractor leaves. If you have a problem with the contractor you can call customer care.

I do agree with the other comment though. Something is missing here

Something is missing from this story.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Fence Installation
Bad quality

Lowes in Ogdensburg, New York - Worst experience in 27 years as a contractor.

1.8
After spending about $10,000 in the Ogdensberg, NY store this August (2018) we've experienced the most unorganized, unprofessional service. We ordered a carpet installation for a rental house in July from Lowe's mainly because they were running a special deal for free installation. They told us that they use a third party company to come out physically to the house to measure the rooms and that they would contact us within 3 days of the order being placed at Lowe's. After 2 weeks we contacted Lowe's about the contractor coming to the house and we were informed that the order was never placed. Then we were told that the deal for free installation has passed. We then pointed out that we had ordered installation prior to the end of the deal. With that being said, the employee stated that it wasn't for the type of carpet we ordered. Someone in the department found the original display that allowed the discount for our original order. Finally, a contractor contacted us and set up an appointment to measure the rooms and stairs. From there, we hadn't heard from Lowe's in about A week. We con The original timeline we were quoted work should be done in the third week of August. well that never happened then we were told September 4th thru 7th but we were promised that the employee could get the installation installed way before then so our rental would be ready for the tenant by the September 1st. In the Middle of August, the third party installer(service pro) called us with an installation date of mid October. After numerous phone calls and trips back and forth from Lowe's to get this straightened out we lost our prospective tenant. The third party company, ServicePro, hired a contractor to put in the carpet and it was installed on September 14th. However, they only had orders for 2 bedrooms and not the stairs. They also informed us that they would refuse to put Berber carpeting on the stairs anyway which is what we ordered for the installation. They installer also informed us that Lowe's makes mistakes like this numerous times. After they installed the carpet (unsupervised) we found the closet bi-fold doors not replaced and one was broken. After numerous calls and yet another trip to Lowe's, they agreed to give us a higher quality carpet for the stairs gratis. So they had to send out someone to measure yet again Unfortunately, after speaking with the installers, the date of installation would be past October 1st where we already had a new tenant moving in. At this point, we picked up the carpet from Lowe's and hired a local installer. After such a circus, we unfortunately decided to not patronize Lowe's in the future. The lack of help with this situation was unbelievable. The store Manager, Angel, said there was nothing he could do. It's a bad situation all around because I believe when the store has such a problem with communication, bashing and name blaming amongst its employees themselves and also outside contractors, the manager should want to resolve such a situation so as not to repeat it in the future. We've made 7 trips to Lowes over this mess; thirty-five minutes each way. Over 8 hours of driving for unprofessional lack of service. Mike MSADK LLC My Lowes card # {{Redacted}} (that I no longer need)

You get what you paid for. They were trying to work with you.

Oh FYI, saying you've spent X amount of money doesn't get you anything special. If anything it sets a bad reputation on yourself as the guy who thinks he's entitled to special treatment.

Lowes Manager
Cons
  • There was so many problems and nobody to help
  • Stressed me out for months
  • Lowes employees not returning calls
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Never use Lowes Again
Tags
  • Flooring

Lowes - Flooring mistake

Lowes sucks. Just pick any department and I can give you 100 ways lowes will screw it up. Go to Home Depot or pick a local guy to help you. You will be happy you did.
Lowes Flooring Installation
Bad quality

NEVER to contract LOWES for door installation

This is the Chantilly Door Instalation. They lied about measurement date and then I went to make the purchase since I previously told the store that already had the measurements. They did the actually measurements three weeks after and a month has passed. They never call even to schedule the installation date. For the simplest door instalation project, it may take you two months or longer to compete. That is just mind blowing!
Lowes Door Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes in Saint Peters, Missouri - Poor Service

We purchased a Samsung front-load washer, model number WF42H5200HAF with the extended warranty From St. Charles Lowes 2900 West Clay St., Saint Charles, MO 63301, Store# 1057 2 years ago. I called Lowes because They contracted with Mid America Service for warranty service. I scheduled the appointment on Saturday and they sent me an email confirmation on Tuesday to confirm my appointment. I sent a email back the same day and time I received the email with a confirmation of the date and time window of 8am-5pm CST. I called Lowes appliances back and spoke with Steve in appliances and he told me that my extended service warranty was not with Lowes but a third party company that handles that issue and Lowes doesn't handle that issue. So I explained to Steve I purchased the warranty from Lowes and the company represents Lowes. Steve put me on hold after I explain to him my issue and I was 5 minutes away and If need be I will come up to the store. Steve put me on hold so I went to Lowes while he still had me on hold. The whole time I spoke with the Appliance Manager Diane, I was still on hold with Steve for 36 minutes. I did not get my appointment because they had the wrong phone number that Lowes gave them and Lowes has the right phone number in there system. I had to reschedule my appointment two days out and I never received an apology from Steve from being on hold. I would not recommend this location to anyone.

You should have called the 800 number for the warranty. If you're covered they'll set up a time for a repairman to come out.

Lowes does not handle repairs. All the store can do after 2 years is tell you the same thing. After 2 years, you wouldn't even be able to find the receipt (receipts are kept for 6 months).

It has been two years. Call the warranty number.

“Learn about contract law.” What an ignorant statement.

The individual stores don’t administer the warranty service, they just sell the plans. The only information the store has is your purchase information. If you had an issue with the service call you placed, why didn’t you just call the service hotline that you originally called to put in for the repair?

@Anonymous

Sorry to bust your bubble but Lowes. call tjem because the are a representative of Lowes

@Anonymous

Your answer makes absolutely no sense. Re-read the post and answer the question.

“The individual stores don’t administer the warranty service, they just sell the plans.

The only information the store has is your purchase information. If you had an issue with the service call you placed, why didn’t you just call the service hotline that you originally called to put in for the repair?“

@Anonymous

Learn about contract law.

Your complaint should be with the warranty company not Lowe’s.

@Anon

About the warranty sure. But not that awful customer service.

@Get educated

I read your review... You didn’t receive “awful customer service”, you were looking for it.

I guarantee Steve new you were in the store talking to his manager as soon as you walked in.

Any normal person would of hung up the phone as soon as they were in the store. There is no educating the ignorant.

@Anon

Learn about 3rd party contracts & companies that enter into agreements of the contracts then comment.

@Anon

The warranty company is a representative of Lowes, when Lowes entered a contract with the warranty company. Read your company 3rd party representation information.

View more comments (10)
Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service
Loss

Lowes in Clarksburg, West Virginia - Terrible terrible terrible! Shop somewhere else.

I purchased a washer and dryer set plus protection plan at a Lowes location in West Virgina in Feb 2017. It is now October 2018 and my deter went put in September and it was a fight to use the protection plan on the dryer now my washer is out and im fighting with them to honor the protection plan. Somehow an item ive paid full price for is now showing returned to store. Its been a run arpund at every turn. The exact definition of poor business practices!

Only been a year so you should be covered by manufacturer warranty. The extra warranty you get from Lowe's does not kick in until after the manufacturer's ends.

@Anon

It was 3 months past the date of purchase. It took over a month to schedule an appointment and find but he receipt because the store itself didnt do a receipt rebuild so I suffered as a customer. The problem was resolved however it took forever and it was a fling difficult process.

View more comments (1)
Product
Lowes Protection Plan
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes in Evans, Georgia - Excellent customer service

5.0
Clint was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the products I wished to purchase as he’s been every time I’ve shopped at the 4305 location.
Lowes Customer Care
Good customer service

Lowes in Jefferson City, Tennessee - Roof leaking within 24 hours of installation

Update by user Nov 07, 2018

Over a month has gone by and the leak issues have not been corrected. Also permits are required in the city we live in and Lowe's still hasn't obtained the required permits and had the work inspected.

I believe that they purposely side step the permits knowing that their work will not pass an inspection. I suggest if you require work to be preformed at your home you call at least 3 LOCAL contractors licensed and insured in the area you live, check references and work directly with the contractor.

Original review posted by user Oct 08, 2018

Lowe's installed a new roof on our home and within 24 hours it was leaking where they installed the flashing incorrectly at the chimney. After multiple calls to Lowe's installation services they finally responded and informed me that flashing at the chimney was not in the scope. Really, they tore off the existing flashing and incorrectly installed new flashing. It is reasonable to believe that if they removed and installed flashing regardless if it was in the scope they caused the leak and are responsible for correcting it. I decided to use Lowe's because I felt they would stand behind their work, I could not have been more wrong. What an eye opener.

Flashing is a critical point of a roofing Job and to be told it is not in the scope of work to be done is just criminal. Now I understand why Lowes terminates so many contractors, They do not check out their work and when there is a problem they just fire them with no resolution to the consumer.

Lowes Roof Installation
Bad quality

Lowes in Fort Mill, South Carolina - Had deck built..dwight wrote contract through dixie hwy stor

We had our contract written throughout dwight on the dixie highway store on july 15 of this year.but they didnt even start working on the decks until at least August 15..it cost at least $10,000 because we had front and back decks were builts were built..the patterns are awesome but the wood is already chipping and spitting real bad and when you call someone at lowes you cant ever get anyone to come back out. Dwight has came back out one time and told us its normal but hes full of it. We have taken lots of pictures and we are gonna contact lawyers..DONT CALL LOWES FOR ANY KIND OF WORK ALL THEY DO IS ROB YOU BLIND

No they even tell you up front they are going to rob you.

Lowes Deck Installation