Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in Naples, Florida - Poor employee customer services

3.7
To Whom It May Concern: I was in your Lowes store #2261 on Saturday October 13, 2018 at 18:38 and had a conflict with one of your customer service Personnel on that date. I needed to have my credit card looked up which Elle did for me. She proceeded to ring up my items, a Grab bar, 3 small flashlights and a timer. Then she walked away from me. I needed a bag to exit the store. Elle when to ring up another customer, I stated I needed a bag, but it fell on deaf ears of both the personnel behind the Customer service counter. I stated it again but no one seemed to hear. I nugged the other counter personnel girl on her right arm, who was on the phone, for a bag. She stated sharply and loudly, “Don’t you touch me”. I stated I need a bag. She stated “don’t you lay your hands on me”. In amazement, and truly exhaustion, I stated forget the bag. She said “You got that”. As I was approaching the door, “I stated you don’t have to be a ***** to me, I just wanted a bag.” She called at me, “what did you say?” I repeated it to her, as she was very wrong to talk to a regular customer in that manner. “You don’t lay your hands on me”, as she was bobbing her head. I told her she didn’t have to get all Ghetto on me, she is working and needs to be aware of customers. “Your ghetto” she stated. I stated I can call the manager from my phone. I left the store. I called the store when I got to my car and left off my stuff in my car.. I went to the lumber check out and called the store on my phone. Finally a manager (a female) did answer the call and I asked for her to meet me in lumber, register 1. A man came down and was answering another customer’s questions and then he stated can I help you. I stated I was waiting for a manager and he stated he was one. I told him the event, as I am telling you. It is important to state that the whole time the person I had the conflict was on the phone with another customer, speaking to me in the manner that she did. The other phone customer had to hear her as she talked loudly, rudely and insubordinately to another customer. I am a regular customer, and actually that day I passed 2 Lowe’s and 2 Home Depot, as the Job I am working at is in Fort Myers, but I usually stop at the one close to my home, which is this store. In fact on Tuesday, I spent over $1000 for sinks, garbage disposals, and faucets. I will shortly be working on a entire kitchen renovation in the next couple of weeks. As well as a Garage renovation coming up at Thanksgiving. I make big purchases at least 4 to 6 times a month. I did not appreciate the girl’s response to a simple and non-malice nug, and I do not believe Lowe’s wants this to be the person that customers need to interact with. Not only was she rude and belligerent to me, but the customer on the phone was witness to the event as well. She was not aware of other customers in her area. even when I came up and was waiting to be checked out, as she was facing me. Elle had to move from her station to assist me. The girl in the Lumber check out immediately acknowledge me even tho I was just standing there. This was a very unpleasant interaction in your store, mostly due an employee who has no sense that she is there to help the customer, not to ignore, insult and berate the customer I would appreciate their response for this event.

You ever touch me, I will floor you. You don't understand the harrassment we have to deal with.

I don't want your dirty hands on me. Nasty!

There's more to this story than you're telling.

How do you think you lost $2000 because you didn't get a bag? I've never considered a plastic bag from Lowes to be worth that kind of money.

Considering you stated this in your complaint... Monetary Loss: $2000.

You Do Not come across as credible.

You come across as greedy. So What is the True story?

View more comments (3)
Lowes Cashier
Cons
  • Manner of checkout service provided
Preferred solution
This employee does not value being a Lowe's employee
  • Poor Customer Care

Lowes in Springfield, Missouri - Allergic to dogs

2.0
Yesterday 10/12/18 i entered Lowe's store on north side of Springfield Mo i shop there quite a bit i was asking a cashier where a product was located was listening to her answer when a dog on a lease comes right by me i am allergic to dogs so i told her and we moved out of the way of the dog and she was trying to tell me where to find the product i was looking for and the dog reappears again i went to get the magnetic tape when i felt the sneezing coming on i headed straight to my car and and sneezed for quite a spell i read on the internet that Lowe's is pet friendly and of course i will never shop there again my complaint is why do you not warn customers like me that dogs are allowed in your stores and you may not know it but fleas from these dogs can very easily jump from these dogs to customers its simple just put up a sign at the entrance warning customers that dogs are allowed in your store.....Jim Housley

Should they also warn people with allergies to flowers? How about allergies to dust?

I noticed you also said that you had read the pet friendly notice online. You didn't think that applied to your store as well? Should they also warn you about service dogs being in store? I have allergies myself and your complaint is frivolous.

It is no one's responsibility but your own to be aware of your surroundings. If you're stepping outside take the appropriate medicine with you in case you need to use it.

As many stores are pet friendly I would suggest you stay home and shop on-line.

@Anonymous

Why should i stay home and shop online when i can go to ace hardware and get better service better price and no pets except service dogs same at walmart and menards u r a fool and coward anonymous

Wall of text that is Difficult to read as well as to understand What you are Actually complaining about. I Did see this in your complaint...

i read on the internet that Lowe's is pet friendly. So Lowes Did inform their customers of that.

@Anonymous

I am not responsible for your poor reading ability you were probably scratching flea bites instead of paying attention when you were in grade school

View more comments (4)
Review

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - BAD... BAD EXPERIENCE!!!

2.4
We bought Faucet from LOWE'S, and PAID $435. It leaks and motion sensor does not work. I went to LOWE'S, ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, ILLINOIS and the customer service told me that LOWE'S CANNOT HELP ME, they sent me to their Kitchen Department, which was not helpful, they already knew why I was sent to them and they told me the same WE CANNOT HELP YOU, YOU HAVE TO DEAL YOURSELF WITH MOEN. I have small kids and my kitchen is shout down, we had to close water because of faucet's leaking, so we also cannot use our dishwasher and refrigerator's water filter. LOWE'S manager told me the same!!!!!!! she also told me that MOEN IS CLOSED DURING WEEKENDS SO I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL MONDAY TO CONTACT THEM THAN EVEN LONGER TO SEE IF THEY CAN HELP!!! FEW DAYS OR MAYBE WEEK OR 2 WEEKS WITH 2 KIDS AND NO WATER!!! Are you kidding me, we bought for more than $15,000 from LOWE'S to renovate our kitchen and now LOWE'S DOES NOT WANT TO HELP ME!!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM LOWE'S any expensive items because LOWE'S IS NOT ABLE or DOES NOT WANT TO HELP YOU IF YOUR FAUCET DOES NOT WORK EVEN if YOU PAID $435 for one faucet!!!!! AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE I WILL NOT BUY ANY MORE FROM LOWE'S!!!!

Doesn't make sense that you shut all the water off. Most faucets have a valve underneath the sink to shut off the water.

They are correct though. You have to contact moen for a replacement.

Since it was the weekend you could have bought a cheap replacement faucet to stick in until moen is contacted. On the other hand, why would anyone buy a 400$ faucet...

How old is the faucet? If you just bought it, take it back for an exchange.

If you have had it awhile it is correct that you would deal with the manufacturer for warranty parts or replacement. For some reason consumers have the odd idea that stores are responsible for the warranty on items. THEY ARE NOT. It is the manufacturer that is responsible for any warranty on an item you purchase.

If you would bother reading the warranty that came with the faucet, you would know that. It doesn't matter if you bought the faucet from Lowes, Home Depot or any other retail store. THE STORE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WARRANTY.

Yes it may be an inconvenience to use another faucet in the house until it is fixed but life isn't always easy. Call Moen on Monday and I think you will find they will do a good job of taking care of you as long as you can provide the information the need to process a warranty claim.

Please Stop Shouting in all caps.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Warranty service and store customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
  • Bad Warranty

Working for lowes

The head cashiers at Lowe’s in Westland treats their cashiers terrible they gossip they backstab they tell lies they get people to hate each other and management does nothing
Work Experience or Job Application

Lowes in Largo, Florida - Getting a fence installation

My wife and I went through Lowes to have a fence installed to our new house. The initial person that met us to do a estimate was a Lowes employee, he gave an estimate of a pressure treated to a composite. Both were expensive, we went with pressure treated. They outsource to contractors who are not under skilled, for example they did a poor job on securing the caps to the post, after 2 weeks some of the caps would fall fall. The worst thing was the created a mess on our neighbors yard and Lowes was liable for fixing the problems in the yard, patches and mounds of dirt from them digging post etc. For some unknown reason now, they have closed out our account despite the fact that we would pay our account with them on time. We were never late paying our bill with Lowes. Now they have gotten to the point of send negative reports to credit score companies. Be careful dealing with this company, despite paying your bill on time with them they can close out your account without any notification!

Lowes is not responsible for the credit card company closing your account. You probably lapsed on payments or most likely didn't use the card for a while.

Nor are they fully responsible for the mess the contractor leaves. If you have a problem with the contractor you can call customer care.

I do agree with the other comment though. Something is missing here

Something is missing from this story.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Fence Installation
Bad quality

Lowes in Ogdensburg, New York - Worst experience in 27 years as a contractor.

1.8
After spending about $10,000 in the Ogdensberg, NY store this August (2018) we've experienced the most unorganized, unprofessional service. We ordered a carpet installation for a rental house in July from Lowe's mainly because they were running a special deal for free installation. They told us that they use a third party company to come out physically to the house to measure the rooms and that they would contact us within 3 days of the order being placed at Lowe's. After 2 weeks we contacted Lowe's about the contractor coming to the house and we were informed that the order was never placed. Then we were told that the deal for free installation has passed. We then pointed out that we had ordered installation prior to the end of the deal. With that being said, the employee stated that it wasn't for the type of carpet we ordered. Someone in the department found the original display that allowed the discount for our original order. Finally, a contractor contacted us and set up an appointment to measure the rooms and stairs. From there, we hadn't heard from Lowe's in about A week. We con The original timeline we were quoted work should be done in the third week of August. well that never happened then we were told September 4th thru 7th but we were promised that the employee could get the installation installed way before then so our rental would be ready for the tenant by the September 1st. In the Middle of August, the third party installer(service pro) called us with an installation date of mid October. After numerous phone calls and trips back and forth from Lowe's to get this straightened out we lost our prospective tenant. The third party company, ServicePro, hired a contractor to put in the carpet and it was installed on September 14th. However, they only had orders for 2 bedrooms and not the stairs. They also informed us that they would refuse to put Berber carpeting on the stairs anyway which is what we ordered for the installation. They installer also informed us that Lowe's makes mistakes like this numerous times. After they installed the carpet (unsupervised) we found the closet bi-fold doors not replaced and one was broken. After numerous calls and yet another trip to Lowe's, they agreed to give us a higher quality carpet for the stairs gratis. So they had to send out someone to measure yet again Unfortunately, after speaking with the installers, the date of installation would be past October 1st where we already had a new tenant moving in. At this point, we picked up the carpet from Lowe's and hired a local installer. After such a circus, we unfortunately decided to not patronize Lowe's in the future. The lack of help with this situation was unbelievable. The store Manager, Angel, said there was nothing he could do. It's a bad situation all around because I believe when the store has such a problem with communication, bashing and name blaming amongst its employees themselves and also outside contractors, the manager should want to resolve such a situation so as not to repeat it in the future. We've made 7 trips to Lowes over this mess; thirty-five minutes each way. Over 8 hours of driving for unprofessional lack of service. Mike MSADK LLC My Lowes card # {{Redacted}} (that I no longer need)

You get what you paid for. They were trying to work with you.

Oh FYI, saying you've spent X amount of money doesn't get you anything special. If anything it sets a bad reputation on yourself as the guy who thinks he's entitled to special treatment.

Lowes Manager
Cons
  • There was so many problems and nobody to help
  • Installation people
  • Lack of communication between employees
Never use Lowes Again
  • Flooring

Lowes - Flooring mistake

Lowes sucks. Just pick any department and I can give you 100 ways lowes will screw it up. Go to Home Depot or pick a local guy to help you. You will be happy you did.
Lowes Flooring Installation
Bad quality

NEVER to contract LOWES for door installation

This is the Chantilly Door Instalation. They lied about measurement date and then I went to make the purchase since I previously told the store that already had the measurements. They did the actually measurements three weeks after and a month has passed. They never call even to schedule the installation date. For the simplest door instalation project, it may take you two months or longer to compete. That is just mind blowing!
Lowes Door Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes in Saint Peters, Missouri - Poor Service

We purchased a Samsung front-load washer, model number WF42H5200HAF with the extended warranty From St. Charles Lowes 2900 West Clay St., Saint Charles, MO 63301, Store# 1057 2 years ago. I called Lowes because They contracted with Mid America Service for warranty service. I scheduled the appointment on Saturday and they sent me an email confirmation on Tuesday to confirm my appointment. I sent a email back the same day and time I received the email with a confirmation of the date and time window of 8am-5pm CST. I called Lowes appliances back and spoke with Steve in appliances and he told me that my extended service warranty was not with Lowes but a third party company that handles that issue and Lowes doesn't handle that issue. So I explained to Steve I purchased the warranty from Lowes and the company represents Lowes. Steve put me on hold after I explain to him my issue and I was 5 minutes away and If need be I will come up to the store. Steve put me on hold so I went to Lowes while he still had me on hold. The whole time I spoke with the Appliance Manager Diane, I was still on hold with Steve for 36 minutes. I did not get my appointment because they had the wrong phone number that Lowes gave them and Lowes has the right phone number in there system. I had to reschedule my appointment two days out and I never received an apology from Steve from being on hold. I would not recommend this location to anyone.

You should have called the 800 number for the warranty. If you're covered they'll set up a time for a repairman to come out.

Lowes does not handle repairs. All the store can do after 2 years is tell you the same thing. After 2 years, you wouldn't even be able to find the receipt (receipts are kept for 6 months).

It has been two years. Call the warranty number.

“Learn about contract law.” What an ignorant statement.

The individual stores don’t administer the warranty service, they just sell the plans. The only information the store has is your purchase information. If you had an issue with the service call you placed, why didn’t you just call the service hotline that you originally called to put in for the repair?

@Anonymous

Sorry to bust your bubble but Lowes. call tjem because the are a representative of Lowes

@Anonymous

Your answer makes absolutely no sense. Re-read the post and answer the question.

“The individual stores don’t administer the warranty service, they just sell the plans.

The only information the store has is your purchase information. If you had an issue with the service call you placed, why didn’t you just call the service hotline that you originally called to put in for the repair?“

@Anonymous

Learn about contract law.

Your complaint should be with the warranty company not Lowe’s.

@Anon

About the warranty sure. But not that awful customer service.

@Get educated

I read your review... You didn’t receive “awful customer service”, you were looking for it.

I guarantee Steve new you were in the store talking to his manager as soon as you walked in.

Any normal person would of hung up the phone as soon as they were in the store. There is no educating the ignorant.

@Anon

Learn about 3rd party contracts & companies that enter into agreements of the contracts then comment.

@Anon

The warranty company is a representative of Lowes, when Lowes entered a contract with the warranty company. Read your company 3rd party representation information.

View more comments (10)
Lowes Customer Care
Loss

Lowes in Clarksburg, West Virginia - Terrible terrible terrible! Shop somewhere else.

I purchased a washer and dryer set plus protection plan at a Lowes location in West Virgina in Feb 2017. It is now October 2018 and my deter went put in September and it was a fight to use the protection plan on the dryer now my washer is out and im fighting with them to honor the protection plan. Somehow an item ive paid full price for is now showing returned to store. Its been a run arpund at every turn. The exact definition of poor business practices!

Only been a year so you should be covered by manufacturer warranty. The extra warranty you get from Lowe's does not kick in until after the manufacturer's ends.

@Anon

It was 3 months past the date of purchase. It took over a month to schedule an appointment and find but he receipt because the store itself didnt do a receipt rebuild so I suffered as a customer. The problem was resolved however it took forever and it was a fling difficult process.

View more comments (1)