Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Folsom, California - Be prepared to be frustrated

We will never buy a Lowe's Heartland shed again. We installed it ourselves as we had previously built a house. After all, how hard could a shed be to put up? A good deal of the lumber provided in "the kit" was unusable as it was twisted or so scabbed that you couldn't nail it square. We had to use additional lumber to replace many boards. Since Lowe's is 30 miles from our house we decided not to take these boards back. It is a good thing that my husband has a table saw and a planer. The trusses were also a bit off of square but we just "went with it". One of the roof sheeting particle boards was damaged. Lowe's gave us a replacement sheet when we picked up the kit but it wasn't the same thickness. The siding was great. The paint went on it well. That is about all that I can say..
Bad quality

Lowes - Very poor behavior in hiring people

Anna 15 mins ., late for interview And didn't look at application Availability . Treated very poorly And unwelcomed. Would never Visit a lowes again as a consumer. Won't shop here now cause treated So bad .

I can only assume from your poorly written post that you were applying for a job rather than a credit card. If you were 15 minutes late for an interview why should they even consider hiring you? If you can't get there on time for an interview how can they expect you to be on time for your shifts if they hired you?

Work Experience or Job Application

Lowes in Big Rapids, Michigan - Repair person

4.8
Last Thurday Samsumg repair man came, all he did was complain about where the drain hose was to low. He than put the hose in one of my clothes hanger. After he left we noticed that the crack on the front of my washer now had another crack. I'm so upset, we brought this from lowes with insurance thinking the washer and dryer would be the last ones we would purchase. I'm 77 years old and now feel that I have a lemon for a washer and it looks like nothing is going to get fixed. We really like Lowes and don't feel it is their fault.

If llowes sent out this repair person, call the repair people at lowes. they can send a new person out or do a claim for the damage.

Review
Pros
  • Delivery staff
  • Discount for veterans
  • I liked them at the purchase
Poor customer service

Lowes - Complete scam!

I had two rebates, I should have received. One for $500 and another was $900 and they screwed me out of both of them. Had a whole house of appliances (8) we bought online that showed they qualified for the rebates and they verified that they did. That wasn't the problem. Every time I had something wrong. I called them 7 times over a course of 5 months trying to get them the "right information". The last time I called I got the rebates had expired and I didn't have the store number on it was the reason it got reject the last time (seriously that was on the initial submittal) and the top manager admitted that things weren't adding up after looking at past calls. Said he would call me back and never did. Their excuse was that I hadn't submitted everything all together at the same time. How many hoops does one have to jump through. After, I think it was the 4th time I called they actually had connected with Lowes directly and they put an invoice together and emailed it to me so I could send it to the Lowes "rebate center". But that got rejected(THEY PUT THE INVOICE TOGETHER)….. because it didn't have the store number. A complete scam they got going there, if you buy stuff online that has rebates.

This happened to me two years in a row. Complete scam.

Review
Cons
  • Archaic system
  • Run around
  • Communication
Reason of review
Didn't issue valid rebate.
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Tags
  • Rebate Scam
  • Lowes Rebate

Lowes - My credit was cancelled because my credit rating went down!

I have bad a lowes credit catd for 10years , always paid my bill bought all my supolies when we were redoing our house and furnishing it . Out of the blue they send me a notice saying they are cancelling my account e ause my credit rating went down. My son lost his job and could not pay his thousand a month student loan payment and i am a cosigner. Well i cant afford to pay those preditory loans either so we waited until he got back to work to work things out with them. Next thi g i know they are cancelling my card. I have never been treated so rotten by a company and will nevet shop there again. I have a home depot account and was nudt vranted a mennards card so i k ow where i will be buyi g everything now and it wi t be lowes!!!
#1562022

First of all, you don't have a credit account with Lowes. You have an account with a credit company that issues a card with Lowes name on it, to be used at Lowes.

If you had bothered to read the application you signed when you applied for the account you would have seen that they from time to time may check your credit score and adjust your account accordingly. It makes good business sense for them to close your account if your credit file shows you have accounts you aren't paying, they could be next. You should have never signed on as a co-signer for your son's loan if you couldn't afford to make his payments. The whole reason they asked for a co-signer is they weren't sure he could make the payments and wanted someone who would if he didn't.

You only have yourself to blame for the situation you are in. It's only a matter of time before other credit companies check your score and either lower your limits or close your accounts as well.

Sometimes it's hard to say no to your children but at some point they have to learn to be responsible for themselves. As long as you keep co-signing for his loans he will never learn to live within his means even if that means leaving you penny less as you reach retirement age.

Lowes - No delivery

We bought a whirlpool bathtub from Lowes in meyerland on 610 freeway in houston on September 9, 2018. It was suppose to be delivered on Thursday September 13, no one came out to deliver the bathtub. I tried calling the store no one answers the phone for the delivery department nor any other department to get answer about the delivery. When someone did answer they leave you holding for long periods of time. I had to go to the store to get an answer about the delivery spoke to a manager she apologize and gave me another delivery date which was on a Sunday September 16, still no delivery person showed up call a 1-800 number that was given to me from the store they said the delivery truck broke down and they call to confirm another delivery date which was a lie. The only call they made was saying what time delivery was suppose to be made. Lowes has bad delivery service and that store on 610 has bad customer service. None of the departments answer their phones

Lowes - Not good

I never got my rebate of 500.00 I checked the stutus of deliver it’s said sent 7/24/2018 and then non compliance undetermined shat does that mean

If you in fact did qualify for your rebate, take it into the store. They can admin override and call the rebate center.

It will still take 5-6 weeks for the Gift Card to come, but you should get it. The only hang up is, the manager that calls has to have the "reference/denial" code that comes in the mail.

Problem with delivery

Lowes in Potsdam, New York - CANNOT GET STORM DOOR INSTALLED!

3.3
Ordered a storm door with retractable screen and needed installation. Gentleman came and measured, then got a call from salesman 2 days later that he was off for 2 days but could come in then to pay as they had none in stock but would have them when he came back to work. I went down that next, he was off, they had 7, I paid and the new new salesman put the install ticket ticket through right then..or so he said! Called yesterday, the install ticket had just been put through because they didn't have any. Asked to speak to a manager...he was in a "meeting " on a Saturday. ..and would call me back in 30 minutes. Still haven't heard and still have no idea when door is being installed. Should have driven the 35 miles to Home Depot!

Lowes and Depot are generally incompetents. You are always better going with an outside contractor.

There are more horror stories about Lowes and Depot than happy endings. These companies are scams.....and sometimes they hire felons.

Home Depot doesn't sell the same doors and Lowes. The Larson or Pella (made by Larson) are a better door than the Emco or Andersen doors you get at Depot. Just buy the door and either install it yourself (not a very difficult thing to do) or hire your own contractor to install it.

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue

Lowes in Glendale, Arizona - Tile order all screwed up

2.4
Lowes - Tile order all screwed up
Went with my mom to purchase tile for my house. My mom made the purchase for me and we specified that the tile would need to be delivered to my address. The staff told us they didn't have enough tile at the store to complete my order so they said they would call me when the order was ready to be delivered. I told them I had no problem waiting for the order.. We paid for our order and waited several days for them to call. About a week after that, they attempted to deliver 5 pallets of mixed dye lot tiles to my house" not even the correct order." Well i had no idea that my order was ready to deliver because I never received a call, nor did my mother. Nobody answered the door at my house since we had not expected a delivery yet. The driver decided to take the order to my mothers home instead. My mom, at that time, had assumed that they had scheduled the delivery with me ahead of time and that maybe I had made a mistake of not answering the door or not being home for the drop off. So she told them to just leave the 5 pallettes of tile outside on her carport because she didn't know what else to do. Later that day i got home and found out what happened so I called lowes to inform them that this delivery had never been scheduled ahead of time. I requested that they "schedule" a re delivery to the correct house with the correct order, so that I can be aware of the delivery and prepare for it. They assured me that they would redeliver the pallette the next day anytime from 8am to 12pm. The next day, i waited at home for the delivery, nobody showed up so i called lowes again. I spoke with a different staff member this time and she told me that the driver had no idea that he was supposed to redeliver the tile that day. He said that my mother already accepted the tile. So I explained everything again to this new staff member. I explained that the delivery was never scheduled with me or my mother, we had no idea the order was even ready. I explained that the order was wrong as well and that the dye lot numbers did not match. There were several different types of boxes with different dye lot numbers on them all mixed within these pallettes. I should have had all of the same exact dye lot numbers on all of the boxes. We spent over 2,000 on this order of tile and specified a certain dye lot # for the entire order because we wanted the tile to match through the whole house. The original sales lady told us to order all of the same dye lots so that we don't end up with mismatched tiles and that is what we did. Anyway, the new staff member explained that the driver was possibly confused. She told me that she rescheduled the delivery of the correct order for another day.. So now I am expecting the delivery and I am at least aware that it is supposed to be delivered on a certain day. Hopefully they deliver the correct order this time but I am not confident that they will. Im not sure they will even show up at all.. I hope Im not stuck with 5 huge pallettes of mismatched tiles. I will probably ask for a refund if nobody shows up to deliver on the specified day or if they deliver the wrong order again. At that point I will probably just buy my tile from a different company.

Update: today a staff from Lowes called and informed me that they had decided to refund my money. Then, she said that I could just pay for my order over the phone and that she would just pull my order from other stores and have them delivered.

This makes no sense to me at all. I had not asked for a refund although I had been damn tempted to. Why would they refund my money and then call me to ask me to pay for my order all over again? This sounded so shady and now I have a really bad feeling about this situation.

I only need three pallettes of tiles with matching dye lots, this shouldn't be this difficult to accomplish. Anyway, I told the staff that I would have to confirm that a refund had been sent and credited back onto my debit card before arranging to pay for the order all over again. I explained that I did not want to be charged twice for the same order. Well, I called my bank and the customer service rep with my bank informed me that a refund had not been credited to my account and that there was no refund pending from Lowes.

So, I called Lowes and asked to speak with the same staff member that had called me earlier to inform me about "the refund." apparently that staff was on a lunch break so I will have to try again later. I am so tired of dealing with this. Why cant they just get the order right, pull the correct 3 pallettes with matching dye lots, schedule the delivery with me, drop off the correct order to the correct house and also it would help out a lot if they sent a sober delivery driver.

The last delivery driver reeked of alcohol and sounded confused. To be continued

Update: Today they attempted to deliver another order of mismatched pallettes of tile with different dye lots. Whoever pulls the orders at the warehouse seems to just pull random pallettes with different dye lot numbers..

I just looked at the pallettes before the delivery driver even bothered to get them off the truck. I spoke with the staff at the store again and she told me that she would personally pull my order. The delivery driver offered to pull my order himself as well. At least i don't have huge pallettes of "random" tile sitting outside my moms carport anymore lol.

The delivery driver picked them up. Will try one more time and see what happens :/

View more comments (1)

Lowes - Indifferent, unhelpful, unknowledgeable sales person

2.8
Went to my "favorite" Lowes, in Gloucester, VA, near my home, last Saurday afternoon, 9/8/2018, to buy a new freezer. After locating a sales person (young lady), I explained that our old freezer died the night before and we needed an immediate replacement. After selecting the model we wanted, she "checked her computer" and said it showed one in stock; however, she did not trust it and would go in the back and check. When she returned, she said they did NOT have that freezer in stock but could get us one in about seven days. I explained, again, we needed a freezer immediately to avoid losing everything in our old freezer and asked if they would sell me the display model, even though it had a few dings on it, it was new. She said definately not, the "big boss" would not consider selling a display because they would have to discount it because of the dings. She would not ask the "big boss" about selling the display model or call them out for a conversation with me. We selected another, largeer model freezer and went through the same experience, our computer shows we have two in stock but I will go in back and check, then, none in stock but can have one in about seven days. I have bought a lot of items from Lowes over the years and was staning in the store, cash in hand and needing a new freezer, and didn't get one. If this employee worked for me, she would be fired!! Absolutely no help and not willing to try to make something work for me. I will avoid Lowes in the future, if at all possible.

Couple things.. First, the employees work for their bosses.

Not the customers. So even though you want her to break the rules she cannot because she will get in trouble with her employer. The company makes the rules. Not her and not you.

Second, because she verified that there were actually zero on hand in the store you would fire her?? She should have checked another store but she cannot make the items magically appear.

#1562087

It is not store policy to sell displays. Until recently, Lowe’s was fairly lenient on bending that policy.

Now there is a new Board of Directors in place and the policy is strictly in place. I happen to agree with the policy, it makes good business sense on many levels, of which I will not get into detail on here. It keeps overall costs down which gets passed on to the consumer. The associate did as she should have.

The only additional thing she could have done is to check the inventory at near by stores and direct you to them. Certainly you would not want the Associate to jeopardize her job because of your unfortunate dilemma?

h.kitchener

You should have talked to the store manager or even another, more capable employee in that department. Just taking the word of someone with apparent lack of knowledge does you no good.

@h.kitchener

Requested meeting/conversation with the "big boss" and got blown off. I don't have time for games and bad attitudes.

Went to Sears and bought a brand new Kenmore freezer and a five year service contract, with a lot more personality, help and good will. I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Lowes; I think I will surrender my Lowes loyalty card!!!!

@FlashyRiverTurtle418

you're going to let 1 bad experience affect you? You said she was indifferent..

I'm sure if your experience was ""THAT"" bad you would have demanded a manager.

That's why they have customer service in the store. Sounds like you saved lowes a bad customer.

@AnonPerson

“Sounds like you saved lowes a bad customer.“ I agree.

View more comments (5)
Review
Pros
  • Location
Cons
  • Lack of help by sales staff
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags