Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Don't trust lowes to do a fence install right, that was my mistake!!!

I was getting quotes for a fence, Lowes was not the best priced, but they would pull the permit which I did not have time to do. When we signed the agreement I asked how close to the road the fence could go? I was told they would get all that information and pull the permit. I asked if they guaranteed it would be put in the right spot as we live on a state road. They assured me that it would. Installation day arrives and I ask where does the fence have to go? He says he was told to put it right up against the telephone poles!!! I know that can't be right so I call Lowes. They said the electric company never called them back so it is ok. Well my husband works for a communication company and knows that you are not allowed to put anything up against the pole. So I said pull back 3 ft and get that ok'd with the woman in the installation dept at Lowes and away they go installing. they finished in 1 day ( 21 panels ) was told it would take more than 1 day. but what ever. The very next day the woman in the installation dept calls and says that the electric company just called and said that it is a state road and you have to be 10 feet off the road with your fence. Well then I say you better come out and move it. in the contract it says they are responsible for all ordinance's and regulations, rules etc.. (Again why I went with them in the first place). She says oh no that is your problem. We can send someone out to move it for another $2800.00 I fought all the way to district manager Paul who was the rudest SOB !! basically dared me to take him to court and snickered. I hired an independent contractor to move the fence. When he dug it up the Lowes contractor had cut off the post and only buried less than 2 ft down. ( not Code) Dont' trust Lowes to do their job, and don't trust the their contractors to do the install correct. ***
Lowes Fence Installation
Loss
Price reduction

Lowes in Statesville, North Carolina - Bad business practices

I have a contract with Lowe's Home Improvements for a Tile Floor Installation. We set up an installation date for October 1, 2018. They called us on Friday Sept 28, and gave us the time for the work to start. We cleared all the areas for the work, kitchen, laundry room, and guest bathroom and moved everything to my living room. At 8:30am on Monday October 1, they called us to postpone the installation for Wednesday. After talking with a bunch of managers on Lowe's, all they can say was "We apologize for the inconvenience." So we do not have a kitchen, or a laundry room just because Lowe's decided they do not have a crew ready. Is that a Way to Do Business? Two years ago we did half of our house with Wood flooring through Home Depot, 5 Stars, perfect and on time like a clock work. So we learned the lesson. Recommendation: Do yourself a favor and save some headache, Lowe's is not worth it.
Lowes Flooring Installation
Stard the project as schedule or not later than Tuesday October 2, 2018
Tags
  • Lowes Subcontractors

Lowes in Trenton, New Jersey - Worst customer service

I ordered a yard cart that was on sale online . Said there was 1 at a local store for pickup .got conformation email for the order 2hours i receive a call from the local store in mt holly nj saying they dont have the yard cart and were cancelling the order when i called the customer service number the said they could have one shipped to me with a shipping fee of twice the price of the cart .ask if they could ship it to the store and i could pick it up there they said no its a clearence item ......but the were willing to ship it to me at twice the price .....what a scam!!!!!!!!!

lowes.com's terms and conditions: Lowe's cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the Materials displayed on the Site, including, without limitation, prices, product images, specifications, dimensions, availability and services. The Materials may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors.

Products and services are the responsibility of the manufacturer and service provider, respectively and subject to the warranties offered by such manufacturer or service provider. ALWAYS read Terms and conditions on any website you purchase from.

Lowes Shipping Service
Pricing issue

Lowes in Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Never again. Terrible experience!Go some place else, honestl

3.0
My first and last purchase ever at Lowe’s. Honestly go to Home Depot and save yourself the hassle! I made a big purchase of 4 appliances 3 months ago ($3,000 approx). Ever since, I’ve contacted Lowe’s 8 different times about different mistakes that they’ve made to my initial order. Worst of all? I haven’t even received the full order yet! I was supposed to receive the full order yesterday and I even got emails and automated calls confirming the deliveries. I received everything but the range. I contacted Lowe’s to see what happened and they told me that I was out of stock and that’s why it wasn’t delivered! I was never notified about this and was expecting to receive it all yesterday. They just placed a new order and offer me a 10% discount on the full price without realizing that I had used a coupon during my initial purchase. So even with the 10% discount that they offer for their mistake, I would have ended up paying $51 more than the initial price. I contact them for the 8th time now, explained the situation and they said that the item was already below cost and they couldn’t honor or price match my initial price. They adviced me to go in person to the store which is a 45 minute drive and ask them (without guarantee) if they could honor the price because at the call center they couldn’t help me as the price they were offering me was already below cost. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!? So you’re telling me that you can’t honor the initial price that I paid for the range that I was expecting to receive yesterday but didn’t because another mistake of yours and now you expect me to pay more for it because you couldn’t do your numbers in the first place! Ridiculous!! So after 3 hours on the phone, 2 reps and one manager, any of them helpful at all but rather reading the script from the same booklet “ ma’am I understand and apologize for the mistake but there is nothing that we can do”; they decidir to resolve the whole mess up by giving me a $25 gift card. ARE YOU SERIOUS AGAIN?!???? I am more than offended. On top of that, the guys that delivered the 3 appliances yesterday didn’t know how to install dishwashers or microwaves, so they told me to contact Lowe’s (again!!!!) and ask for someone else to install all appliances. There are many more details that I’m skipping to avoid writing a very long review, but believe me when I say to you... they try to offer good service and copy Home Depots policies but ultimately they don’t follow through or delivered what they promise. And, they don’t come close at all to HOME DEPOTs satisfaction guarantee. Save yourself the hassle, because apparently as a Lowe’s customer, you’re only worth $25!!! NEVER AGAIN! And by the way, I am NOT affiliated in any way to Home Depot but I’ve purchased there before and have never had to face this nonsense. A very disgusted, frustrated, offended and angry EX-customer!!!

Home Depot, and the appliance deliverer/installer(Temco) they use in California are just as bad or worse. I am in the middle of a NIGHTMARE experience where the Temco installers did not tighten the water supply line to our new dishwasher and our kitchen flooded.

Two weeks later still trying to resolve with Home Depot. I may write my own review of Home Depot /Temco when all is done.

"Going to HD" threat is not useful. They are both big box retailers and are equally as bad.

please explain why you went to lowes when you plugged Home Depot twice

@Anonymous

I received a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" coupon from Lowes offering 10% off one purchase. I decided to choose them instead of any other appliances stores because the price with this coupon was considerably lower at Lowes.

Plus, since I had never purchased from them, I was willing to try them out. Bad decision, lesson learned.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Lowes in Chandler, Arizona - Sucks

This option was terrible and never worked

Lowes in Binghamton, New York - Paying by check

Today...Sept 28, 2018 I went to the "service desk" to make a payment in full of a business account. I used my Paymaster machine to place the correct amount on the correct line and that's where this story goes crazy. Now my business account with Blowes is about 10 years old. 10's of thousands of dollars over the years....here goes....clerk at the service desk explained she couldn't process a check that didn' t have the numerical amount....SPELLED OUT. A paymaster machine is used because it's makes it next to impossible to alter the amount the check is issued for. Eventually they accepted the check but told me in the future they had to have my payment....hand written. Closed account and will now use corporate VISA card to stick them with fees. Yes I called corporate....they were clueless. Of course I got the smart *** comment..." Have a nice day".

Write the check out like a normal person. It isn't the service desk's fault you used something outdated to write a check out.

checks are nothing but trouble in general

My guess is that if you had mailed the check to the credit company that issued your account you would have had no problem. Retail stores aren't used to this type of check and most employees have probably never seen one.

No... The story went crazy when you used a paymaster machine to write a check.

sandralynndavis

Wow. Is it 1985?

View more comments (4)
Product
Lowes Account
Problems with payment
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

DO NOT BUY COUNTERTOPS FROM LOWES!
I purchased solid surface counters from Lowes and it's been a nightmare. The countertops were a disaster. Its of all they the installer left oily smudges all over the counters that took me days to scrub off. Then I noticed all of the other defects. They were poorly fabricated and sized. I was promised no seams and no overhang by the fridge (which is a given, otherwise you cannot fit your appliances). The color should be consistent as well. I had problems with all of this. The Lowes escalation rep has been completely uncooperative and a bully. They only want to protect the fabricator and don't seem interested in keeping a customer. This has been going on for close to 3 months now. Lowes attitude is basically you have them, they were cut, you're stuck with them. I paid for new counters and I now have franken-counters. You will be sorry if you choose Lowes.

We purchased silestone (cosentino) (roseville, ca) counter tops for our kitchen remodel from lowes (cotati ca.) on 3/4/2016. After discussing different installation options, we chose to use lowes installer which was counter fit (sacramento ca.).

All 3 of these companies knowingly sold / installed an inferior countertop which came with a useless 20-year warranty. The silestone countertops were installed by counter fit on 3/28/2016. Fast forward to thanksgiving 2017 - yes, a mere 20 months after the installation. While cleaning the kitchen my wife noticed an approximately 6-inch crack running from the corner seam (were countertops make a 90-degree bend along wall) towards the sink.

This spot of the counter top is in what we refer to as "no mans land" meaning the only thing you place in the corner were the crack is located is a picture or napkin basket. No cooking, no prepping, no washing of any items, nothing happens use-wise in this area of the kitchen and there is a visible crack. Just for the record my house was built in 1952 so I am not going to buy the "house settling" story. No worries I thought (big mistake), we have a 20 year warranty and it has only been 20 months....

No problem - right? Absolutely wrong. This is where all three companies - silestone (cosentino), counter fit & lowes have collected their monies and now do not give two cents about the *** product and *** warranty they have sold and installed in your home - that's customer care at its best. I emailed lowes kitchen design department first 11/27/2017 to report the problem, they emailed silestone (cosentino) which in turn issued a warranty claim number.

Silestone (cosentino) advised that the installer - counter fit would need to come out and inspect the crack. No problem, just let me know when and I would be there. Keep in mind this was november of 2017, no one ever contacted me to come out and inspect the problem. I have over a dozen emails for exactly 1 year where I am trying to get some sort of response from any of the 3 companies that profited from this transaction and none of them have responded.

Today I sent yet another inquiry in regards to the warranty and finally received a response from counter fit that the warranty claim had been denied as it was "not a manufacture defect"..... What?...ok...what is it then is my question with no response. I guess a crack in an expensive counter top stone is normal after 20 months? After reviewing online complaints (complaintboards.com) this seems to be the norm for these folks at silestone......issue useless warranties and find any reason to deny all claims, in my case there isn't even a reason for denying the claim.

No one came out and inspected the crack. The claim was just denied after the silestone countertop cracked within 20 months of install.

Please stay away from all 3 companies stated above as they all are dishonest companies that need to learn a lesson in customer service and honest dealings. Buyer beware.

so you bought counter tops from Lowe's because they were cheaper than the local company and they look it. What did you expect?

@Anonymous

Not even close to a useful comment. If it's garbage the store should sell it that way or not sell it.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Countertop Installation
Bad quality

Lowes - Terrible customer service

Sunday, Sept. 23 we stopped in the Brookhaven store to buy a Maytag wash machine. The sales woman was very friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. We were told that it coud be delivered Monday, Sept. 24. We should expect a call or text late Sunday night to confirm. Between 2pm and 4pm with a 30 minute prior to arrival is what the text said. I made myself available all day since some companies have arrived earlier than expected. I waited till 3:55 Monday then I decided to call XPO myself. I was informed that the route had been changed and it won't be delivered till 5pm - 7pm. I wanted to know why I DID NOT RECEIVE A CALL EARLIER? The rep sounded surprised and asked, "you did not get called?" NO CALL!!!!! then asked to speak with a manager. I was put on hold for 20 minutes before I left my number and hung up. I then called the store that it was purchased from. I wanted to speak to a manager and was bounced around, transferred, put on hold till finally Carrie answered from shipping. I informed her of the situation and I was furious to say the least!!!!!! All I got back from her was brush off book answers. Telling me that they are aware of the poor service from XPO but there is nothing they can do.... REALLY! I have worked in customer service and I have held management positions in the past. I know when I am being dismissed! She played dumb and gave me wise answers like "We cant' get your time back." I let her know that we did not shop at Home Depot for the same issue. THey seem to also use XPO for shipping as well. That phone call lasted 25 minutes. More time wasted. After an hour or so XPO called back from Massachusetts!!! REALLY. And it wasnt even a manager. Then shortly after XPO callled back from my message. THE UPPER MANAGER THAT SPOKE TO MY GIRLFRIEND OUTRIGHT LIED ABOUT A PREVIOUS CALL TO THE HOUSE. We track every call, missed call, voice mail and so on. One of the annoying things about our phone but in this case it worked. She told him that there was no call to which he seemed cornered and asked if we are no available tonight? THe shippers arrived around five of seven . When questioned they immediately responded with telling us they called the dispatcher early in the day to move everything back 2 hours... I AM DISGUSTED WITH THE TERRIBLE SERVICE I RECEIVED ALL THE WAY AROUND. AS I MENTIONED TO THE LOWES MANAGER, "I REALIZE YOU HAD NO IDEA AND ALREADY KNOW THE DELIVERY COMPANY IS BAD BUT YOU ARE LOSING MY BUSINESS AS WELL AS OTHER REVIEWS I READ ON YELP BECAUSE HER PISS-POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE." I ended by telling her both then and the following day that if I WERE THE MANAGER THERE I WOULD BE MAKING PHONE CALL TO XPO AND DEMANDING A MANAGER. AS WELL AS CONTINUALLY CONTACTING CORPORATE TO LET THEM KNOW JUST HOW BAD XPO IS AND LOYATLY IS DEMINISHING.. It seems to me that instead of training true customer service managers Lowe's is training managers to *** their way through any bad issues with the company. NICE JOB LOWEs. IF it were up to me I would lowes to stick it up their *** (PS the washer did not fit so it went back anyways)

I suppose the washer you bought, that didn’t fit, is Lowe’s fault as well.

Lowes Manager

Lowes in Milledgeville, Georgia - Misleading sales in store

2.5
Lowes - Misleading sales in store
Asked to speaker department manager about prices. His comment to me was cooperate handles prices. If I have a problem with it this why LOWES has lawyers on lawyers for problems like this and walked away
FrozenToucan675

Misleading install date date. When I paid for install date, sales tep added two weeks to contact.

When I questioned it, she said its just an estimate. I was told install would be 4-8.

Rcvd a call from installers on 4-3 stating earlest they could install was three weeks from 4-3. So, just Know you will not get what you contract and pay for!

He is correct. Corporate sets the prices.

Most clearance signs will say "up to 50% off". This case could be a signage issue. Which is still through Corporate. I suggest calming down and ask a little more nicely.

Some stores are willing to work with prices. But you have to understand that they are trying to make a profit and getting rid of clearance items at the same time.

View more comments (1)
Pricing issue

Lowes in Lewes, Delaware - Sussex County, DE Store #0658

3.8
Tuesday, 9/25/2018, on or about 1:00 PM Purchased 15 bags of garden Mulch from garden center. Was told to drive around to Pick-Up gate and store employees would load items into vehicle. Gate locked and no one in sight except another customer waiting for the same thing. I went back into store and came across 5 employees discussing how to set up artificial "Christmas Trees" for store display. They told me 4 folks were currently working in the garden area. Came across 2 male employees who had absolutely NO interpersonal communications skills and projected an 'attitude' of frustration and disdain. They NEVER acknowledged or spoke to me about my order. I was nothing more than a pain in the butt to both of them. I ended up loading my own Mulch because I was sick of waiting and they never even checked my sales ticket. This type of customer service should not to be tolerated and it is obvious that this store has major issues with their lack of personnel management. Home Depot is my next stop!
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Product quality
Cons
  • Total lack of service and cooperation