Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Chicago, Illinois: Window installation

Was promised for window installers to be delivered today at 8 am nothing ,called at 9:15 was told they did not put my window in the truck and it’s already gone , no call from anyone I paid up front over a month ago , now am waiting for someone to call me back ,over an hour ago, the last I heard was we can do it next week , I will not agree to that ,they are not following their contract , I am very furious and will not ever deal with them again , I am getting a run around. This is absolutely ridiculous! They should be the ones on top of their deliveries. If the windows were promised today it’s not our responsibility to make the workers put the windows on the truck! NEVER DEALING WITH THEM AGAIN!
Lowes Window Installation

Lowes - Manager Review

4.5
Was riding into the store parking lot today and there were about 6 manager type employees walking right down the middle of the road in the parking lot like no one else mattered. I was on my motorcycle on my side of the road and no body moved!. they just kept walkin!. There was a guy and a girl that got real close to my bike like they owned the place. I am a local customer and go there all the time. Couldn't wat for the store to open and now I don';t really care for many reasons. This happened today at 4:30pm. Must have had a meeting about that store. Anyway, somebody needs to pay attention

Most big retailers are this way unfortunately. Walmart is the worst.

I've had mornings when i couldn't get in the door because employees coming to work were walking so slow and blocking the entire door way. It has to do with the mindset of the majority of retail employees that they are entitled to a job and the paycheck that comes with it.

They don't give a {{redacted}}*** for the customers. Unfortunately this will continue as long as millions of people flock to them every day.

@Anonymous

Yes, that’s the way it is. In order the keep the prices cheap, which we Americans love so much, they have to cut hire cheap labor.

Half of the employees lack social skills and common manners. Although, most of the customers are downright rude, disrespectful and sometimes vulgar.

Lowes Manager
Pros
  • There were a lot of employees standing around
Cons
  • Tend not to have what i need
Reason of review
managers/ employees walking down the middle of the road!
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • management
  • Isolated Incident

Lowes review in Stafford Township, New Jersey: Kitchen remodel

4.5
Our “big buck” project began on January 4th. , 2018. Gutted kitchen. A month later the floor ( with radiant heat) was installed terribly. Cabinets installed before floor was grouted. Backsplash installed by same people who did floor ! A month later, Lowe’s sent someone to remove backsplash and install new Sheetrock. Different tile people redid the backsplash professionally. Complained to Lowe’s about uneven , shoddy floor . They sent a rep to inspect, said nothing could be done because of the radiant heat ! Lowe’s didn’t move on this at all until I filed a complaint with the BBB. Now they want to make things “right” ! Their idea of right is a refund of $500. It’s now October, 2018 and we’re still going back and forth. I think an attorney in the near future is called for.

This case is closed. Lowe’s agreed to a settlement.

Although it wasn’t what we had asked for, it was satisfactory. We learned a lesson the hard way, unfortunately.

Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Cons
  • Shoddy work by subcontractors
Bad quality
Loss
Full refund

Lowes Delivery people SUCK!!!!

2.4
While trying to coordinate the delivery of our replacement dryer (first one was broken), we have been struggling with their delivery people. First, they told us it will be there within a time frame so we planned our day around that. They call back during the day to say they're ahead of schedule and will be arriving hours before their given time frame....so we missed that delivery. Scheduling the next delivery we were told that they will be delivering the dryer after 3:30. This was great because I cannot be home until after 3:30 on any given weekday. They called at 11:00am saying they were outside my home and won't be coming back at/after 3:30 as arranged. The next day...the same damn thing. The manager of this 3rd party deliver service won't bother to call me and I've left 2 messages. Throughout the ordeal, I spoke to Marcus, Stephanie, Jessica, and someone else....no help whatsoever...just false promises!!! I then contacted the Lowe's manager here in Indian Harbour Beach (Sue) and she was very understanding and was trying to assist. She put in a call and guaranteed the deliver on the next business day at/after 3:30. Guess what? ….they tried to deliver the dryer at 8:00am and of course wouldn't return at our arranged time. This time they said that I didn't leave a gate code....uhhh, what gate? They were trying to claim it was my fault....we have no gate and no one within 10 miles of us has a gate....total *** I will NEVER EVER order anything that has to be delivered by Lowes again. In fact, I just called and will now be returning both the washer and the dryer with my middle finger up as I'm leaving the parking lot. Screw you Lowe's Delivery!!! Home Depot...my business is all yours...never had a problem with them at all!

Actually, they do have delivery people - hence, the Lowes truck and personnel wearing Lowes uniforms.

@UncommonSensesc

no they don't. it's a pretty well known fact.

giving someone a shirt to wear is not the same as handing them a Lowe's paycheck every two weeks. They put Lowe's stickers on the trucks too, but if you check the DOT number on the truck online you will see the truck is owned by a third party, and the people driving it work for that third party.

Menard's and Home depot do the same thing. I know, i've worked for two of the three.

@Anonymous

Actually, most Lowe's are not third party delivery. I know this because my husband is one, who receives a Lowe's paycheck every two weeks, and driving an actual Lowe's truck that he himself picked up 6 years ago. Not all "pretty well known" facts are actual facts

@UncommonSensesc

Actually... All Lowe’s stores use a 3rd party delivery service.

It’s been that way for a while. The OP even states so in their complaint.

@PCFL1592

Depends on the store. Most do indeed have their own delivery personal. The trucks these stores use are owned by the company.

@Anon

All appliances from All Lowe’s stores are delivered by a 3rd party delivery company, whom employ their own personnel, and use their own trucks. All Lowe’s does is schedule the day it is to be delivered, and the delivery company does the rest.

Hence your an idiot

Lowe's doesn't have "delivery people". They contract with the cheapest delivery company they can find. What did you expect?

View more comments (7)
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Store manager and customer service at store
Cons
  • Delivery service tell you one time and come hours early
  • Delivery people suck
  • Delivery service and their customer care
Preferred solution
Investigation into your Delivery Service complaints and create better policies and procedures. Very disappointed in Lowe's for this.

Lowes review in Columbus, Ohio: Lowe's use of contractors is problematic

1.6
My worst experience working with Lowe’s and their contractors to remodel a bathroom. Theresa: Lowe’s Sales/Interior Design Mark: Lowe’s Central Installation Manager Jimmy: Lowe’s Store Manager Chris: UHS General Contracting My wife and I stopped at Lowe’s Polaris store in Columbus, OH towards the end of June to getting an estimate on a bathroom remodeled. We told Theresa what we wanted to do and looked at the products that they had available. Keep in mind as you read my review that our bathroom is small (5’ x 8’). We wanted to replace the vanity, toilet, bathtub, shower hardware, lighting\ceiling fan, and to tile the floor and bathtub walls. We also told them that we have several other projects that we want to do (kitchen remodel, replace all interior doors and trim, replace our very large deck. Theresa and Chris came out to our house to look at our existing bathroom and get measurements. Theresa drew up the plans and we approved them. I paid for the labor and materials on July 5, 2018. Total cost was almost $11,000. Yes, for a 5x8 bathroom with no gold in it. There is nothing extravagant about it, just basic materials. The materials were finally delivered on August 18 2018. Theresa and Chris came back out to inventory the delivered materials on 8/22/2018. It was found that the vanity top was the wrong size and the new bathtub had a chip out of it. They had to be replaced. They confirmed that evening that the remodel would start on 8/27/2018 and that it would take three weeks to finish. We discussed why it would take 3 weeks to remodel a small bathroom. Their example of why, was that there would be times when they could only work part of a day because they would have to pause for things like when they patched a wall with spackling, they needed it to dry before they continue. They said nothing about many days where nothing would be happening, just waiting for the contractors. We agreed to leave the door from the garage to the house unlocked and gave them the code for our garage door. They missed the first week completely. They said that they came out once but the code for the garage door didn’t work. They wrote it down wrong. This left 2 weeks to finish the job on time. Long story short, they didn’t make the completion date on time, it took them more than 5 weeks to complete. Actually they did not finish, I had to buy the shower bar and install it myself. They originally ordered a shower bar that required them to drill through the newly laid tile. I asked them to replace this with a tension control shower bar but I guess that they didn’t want to do that. During the installation, we found that the exhaust fan\LED light that THEY ordered was too small for the opening and left a gaping hole in the ceiling. They eventually replaced it after lots of complaining. They had the dumpster removed on 10/01/2018 (at 6:00AM pitch black out). In doing so, they tore up some of our yard with deep tracks in it. They also left a pile of trash behind (in our garage) that I am going to have to deal with now. They missed more days than they worked, that’s why it took more than 5 weeks to complete. We sent emails, called, or personally visited them in store (Theresa, Chris, Mark, Jimmy) at LEAST once a week and got NO response except for Mark. Mark made promises to improve the service, but it never happened. The store manager was the same, empty promises. We NEVER heard back from the Sales contact. Once the purchase was made, she was silent. They didn’t communicate at all, and when they did, many times they texted me a second time, the night before they were suppose to show up, to cancel and re-schedule, missing another day of work. Overall, once the sale is made (they get their money), Lowe’s doesn’t care about the customer! I will never use them again. Go HOME DEPOT!

I wouldn’t go to Home Depot either. They are just as bad, if not worse.

I am having the same issue with the Boca Raton Store. I guess their training is the same at all stores...NADA....My promises have been going on since August 2018. I notified the Better Business Bureau and are contemplating taking them to court,since they have my $20,000.

Lowes Bathroom Remodeling
Price reduction

Lowes review in Newark, Ohio: Kathleen Lee

I had a credit card with Lowes. I made every payment ahead of time and paid more than the minimum payment. They closed my account because my credit score went down some. That shouldnt matter when they previosly approved it and i was a customer in good standing. Never a late paynent. I will now be shopping at Home Depot.

You'll find that ANY credit card company that has those stipulations in their terms and conditions can close your account or lower your spending threshold. This is not Lowes' fault.

HD isn't better, so I don't know why people make the threat "I'm going over there... blah blah"

Lets start with the fact that you never had a credit card with Lowes. You had a credit account with a credit company that issues cards to be used at Lowes.

It's obvious you didn't bother reading all the fine print on the application you signed for the account. If you had, you would know that they may from time to time check your credit rating and adjust your credit limits based on your ratings. That means they may increase or decrease your limit depending on your credit score. You have done something to decrease your credit rating and the decided you are a poor risk and closed your account.

You may find that the company that issues your Home Depot card may do the same thing in the future. Keep paying your bills on time and cut back on how much outstanding debt you have to rebuild your credit.

Product
Lowes Credit Card

Installers(Bath & Kitchens R Us)for Lowes rip customers off

Store 1099 & 2758 of Colorado Springs uses Bath & Kitchens R Us owned by Mark & Deb Witte. This installation company that Lowes uses just rips off customers and their installers, since Lowes approves the credit amount that Bath & Kitchens R Us quotes as the labor costs are hiked up because so many people have their hand in the pot. Would not recommend any homeowner to use Lowes that uses Bath & Kitchens R Us to install products! There are always change orders that cause the orginal amount to go up thousands of dollars, leaving the customer no choice but to pay it if they want it completed so Lowes increases the credit card amount and the jobs are always delayed by incompetent installers or products not being delivered. Please don't go through the inconvenience or extra cost. You can find other installers that would only charge half the price of what Bath & Kitchens R Us charge. They rip you off and have different installers all throughout the project because the installers quit because of the way Mark Witte runs things.
Bath And Kitchens R Us Installation
Bad quality

Don't trust lowes to do a fence install right, that was my mistake!!!

I was getting quotes for a fence, Lowes was not the best priced, but they would pull the permit which I did not have time to do. When we signed the agreement I asked how close to the road the fence could go? I was told they would get all that information and pull the permit. I asked if they guaranteed it would be put in the right spot as we live on a state road. They assured me that it would. Installation day arrives and I ask where does the fence have to go? He says he was told to put it right up against the telephone poles!!! I know that can't be right so I call Lowes. They said the electric company never called them back so it is ok. Well my husband works for a communication company and knows that you are not allowed to put anything up against the pole. So I said pull back 3 ft and get that ok'd with the woman in the installation dept at Lowes and away they go installing. they finished in 1 day ( 21 panels ) was told it would take more than 1 day. but what ever. The very next day the woman in the installation dept calls and says that the electric company just called and said that it is a state road and you have to be 10 feet off the road with your fence. Well then I say you better come out and move it. in the contract it says they are responsible for all ordinance's and regulations, rules etc.. (Again why I went with them in the first place). She says oh no that is your problem. We can send someone out to move it for another $2800.00 I fought all the way to district manager Paul who was the rudest SOB !! basically dared me to take him to court and snickered. I hired an independent contractor to move the fence. When he dug it up the Lowes contractor had cut off the post and only buried less than 2 ft down. ( not Code) Dont' trust Lowes to do their job, and don't trust the their contractors to do the install correct. ***
Lowes Fence Installation
Loss
Price reduction

Lowes review in Statesville, North Carolina: Bad business practices

I have a contract with Lowe's Home Improvements for a Tile Floor Installation. We set up an installation date for October 1, 2018. They called us on Friday Sept 28, and gave us the time for the work to start. We cleared all the areas for the work, kitchen, laundry room, and guest bathroom and moved everything to my living room. At 8:30am on Monday October 1, they called us to postpone the installation for Wednesday. After talking with a bunch of managers on Lowe's, all they can say was "We apologize for the inconvenience." So we do not have a kitchen, or a laundry room just because Lowe's decided they do not have a crew ready. Is that a Way to Do Business? Two years ago we did half of our house with Wood flooring through Home Depot, 5 Stars, perfect and on time like a clock work. So we learned the lesson. Recommendation: Do yourself a favor and save some headache, Lowe's is not worth it.
Lowes Flooring Installation
Stard the project as schedule or not later than Tuesday October 2, 2018
Tags
  • Lowes Subcontractors

Lowes review in Trenton, New Jersey: Worst customer service

I ordered a yard cart that was on sale online . Said there was 1 at a local store for pickup .got conformation email for the order 2hours i receive a call from the local store in mt holly nj saying they dont have the yard cart and were cancelling the order when i called the customer service number the said they could have one shipped to me with a shipping fee of twice the price of the cart .ask if they could ship it to the store and i could pick it up there they said no its a clearence item ......but the were willing to ship it to me at twice the price .....what a scam!!!!!!!!!

lowes.com's terms and conditions: Lowe's cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the Materials displayed on the Site, including, without limitation, prices, product images, specifications, dimensions, availability and services. The Materials may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors.

Products and services are the responsibility of the manufacturer and service provider, respectively and subject to the warranties offered by such manufacturer or service provider. ALWAYS read Terms and conditions on any website you purchase from.

Lowes Shipping Service