Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Potsdam, New York - CANNOT GET STORM DOOR INSTALLED!

3.3
Ordered a storm door with retractable screen and needed installation. Gentleman came and measured, then got a call from salesman 2 days later that he was off for 2 days but could come in then to pay as they had none in stock but would have them when he came back to work. I went down that next, he was off, they had 7, I paid and the new new salesman put the install ticket ticket through right then..or so he said! Called yesterday, the install ticket had just been put through because they didn't have any. Asked to speak to a manager...he was in a "meeting " on a Saturday. ..and would call me back in 30 minutes. Still haven't heard and still have no idea when door is being installed. Should have driven the 35 miles to Home Depot!

Lowes and Depot are generally incompetents. You are always better going with an outside contractor.

There are more horror stories about Lowes and Depot than happy endings. These companies are scams.....and sometimes they hire felons.

Home Depot doesn't sell the same doors and Lowes. The Larson or Pella (made by Larson) are a better door than the Emco or Andersen doors you get at Depot. Just buy the door and either install it yourself (not a very difficult thing to do) or hire your own contractor to install it.

Lowes Door Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes in Glendale, Arizona - Tile order all screwed up

2.4
Lowes - Tile order all screwed up
Went with my mom to purchase tile for my house. My mom made the purchase for me and we specified that the tile would need to be delivered to my address. The staff told us they didn't have enough tile at the store to complete my order so they said they would call me when the order was ready to be delivered. I told them I had no problem waiting for the order.. We paid for our order and waited several days for them to call. About a week after that, they attempted to deliver 5 pallets of mixed dye lot tiles to my house" not even the correct order." Well i had no idea that my order was ready to deliver because I never received a call, nor did my mother. Nobody answered the door at my house since we had not expected a delivery yet. The driver decided to take the order to my mothers home instead. My mom, at that time, had assumed that they had scheduled the delivery with me ahead of time and that maybe I had made a mistake of not answering the door or not being home for the drop off. So she told them to just leave the 5 pallettes of tile outside on her carport because she didn't know what else to do. Later that day i got home and found out what happened so I called lowes to inform them that this delivery had never been scheduled ahead of time. I requested that they "schedule" a re delivery to the correct house with the correct order, so that I can be aware of the delivery and prepare for it. They assured me that they would redeliver the pallette the next day anytime from 8am to 12pm. The next day, i waited at home for the delivery, nobody showed up so i called lowes again. I spoke with a different staff member this time and she told me that the driver had no idea that he was supposed to redeliver the tile that day. He said that my mother already accepted the tile. So I explained everything again to this new staff member. I explained that the delivery was never scheduled with me or my mother, we had no idea the order was even ready. I explained that the order was wrong as well and that the dye lot numbers did not match. There were several different types of boxes with different dye lot numbers on them all mixed within these pallettes. I should have had all of the same exact dye lot numbers on all of the boxes. We spent over 2,000 on this order of tile and specified a certain dye lot # for the entire order because we wanted the tile to match through the whole house. The original sales lady told us to order all of the same dye lots so that we don't end up with mismatched tiles and that is what we did. Anyway, the new staff member explained that the driver was possibly confused. She told me that she rescheduled the delivery of the correct order for another day.. So now I am expecting the delivery and I am at least aware that it is supposed to be delivered on a certain day. Hopefully they deliver the correct order this time but I am not confident that they will. Im not sure they will even show up at all.. I hope Im not stuck with 5 huge pallettes of mismatched tiles. I will probably ask for a refund if nobody shows up to deliver on the specified day or if they deliver the wrong order again. At that point I will probably just buy my tile from a different company.

Update: today a staff from Lowes called and informed me that they had decided to refund my money. Then, she said that I could just pay for my order over the phone and that she would just pull my order from other stores and have them delivered.

This makes no sense to me at all. I had not asked for a refund although I had been damn tempted to. Why would they refund my money and then call me to ask me to pay for my order all over again? This sounded so shady and now I have a really bad feeling about this situation.

I only need three pallettes of tiles with matching dye lots, this shouldn't be this difficult to accomplish. Anyway, I told the staff that I would have to confirm that a refund had been sent and credited back onto my debit card before arranging to pay for the order all over again. I explained that I did not want to be charged twice for the same order. Well, I called my bank and the customer service rep with my bank informed me that a refund had not been credited to my account and that there was no refund pending from Lowes.

So, I called Lowes and asked to speak with the same staff member that had called me earlier to inform me about "the refund." apparently that staff was on a lunch break so I will have to try again later. I am so tired of dealing with this. Why cant they just get the order right, pull the correct 3 pallettes with matching dye lots, schedule the delivery with me, drop off the correct order to the correct house and also it would help out a lot if they sent a sober delivery driver.

The last delivery driver reeked of alcohol and sounded confused. To be continued

Update: Today they attempted to deliver another order of mismatched pallettes of tile with different dye lots. Whoever pulls the orders at the warehouse seems to just pull random pallettes with different dye lot numbers..

I just looked at the pallettes before the delivery driver even bothered to get them off the truck. I spoke with the staff at the store again and she told me that she would personally pull my order. The delivery driver offered to pull my order himself as well. At least i don't have huge pallettes of "random" tile sitting outside my moms carport anymore lol.

The delivery driver picked them up. Will try one more time and see what happens :/

Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes - Indifferent, unhelpful, unknowledgeable sales person

2.8
Went to my "favorite" Lowes, in Gloucester, VA, near my home, last Saurday afternoon, 9/8/2018, to buy a new freezer. After locating a sales person (young lady), I explained that our old freezer died the night before and we needed an immediate replacement. After selecting the model we wanted, she "checked her computer" and said it showed one in stock; however, she did not trust it and would go in the back and check. When she returned, she said they did NOT have that freezer in stock but could get us one in about seven days. I explained, again, we needed a freezer immediately to avoid losing everything in our old freezer and asked if they would sell me the display model, even though it had a few dings on it, it was new. She said definately not, the "big boss" would not consider selling a display because they would have to discount it because of the dings. She would not ask the "big boss" about selling the display model or call them out for a conversation with me. We selected another, largeer model freezer and went through the same experience, our computer shows we have two in stock but I will go in back and check, then, none in stock but can have one in about seven days. I have bought a lot of items from Lowes over the years and was staning in the store, cash in hand and needing a new freezer, and didn't get one. If this employee worked for me, she would be fired!! Absolutely no help and not willing to try to make something work for me. I will avoid Lowes in the future, if at all possible.

Couple things.. First, the employees work for their bosses.

Not the customers. So even though you want her to break the rules she cannot because she will get in trouble with her employer. The company makes the rules. Not her and not you.

Second, because she verified that there were actually zero on hand in the store you would fire her?? She should have checked another store but she cannot make the items magically appear.

#1562087

It is not store policy to sell displays. Until recently, Lowe’s was fairly lenient on bending that policy.

Now there is a new Board of Directors in place and the policy is strictly in place. I happen to agree with the policy, it makes good business sense on many levels, of which I will not get into detail on here. It keeps overall costs down which gets passed on to the consumer. The associate did as she should have.

The only additional thing she could have done is to check the inventory at near by stores and direct you to them. Certainly you would not want the Associate to jeopardize her job because of your unfortunate dilemma?

h.kitchener

You should have talked to the store manager or even another, more capable employee in that department. Just taking the word of someone with apparent lack of knowledge does you no good.

@h.kitchener

Requested meeting/conversation with the "big boss" and got blown off. I don't have time for games and bad attitudes.

Went to Sears and bought a brand new Kenmore freezer and a five year service contract, with a lot more personality, help and good will. I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Lowes; I think I will surrender my Lowes loyalty card!!!!

@FlashyRiverTurtle418

you're going to let 1 bad experience affect you? You said she was indifferent..

I'm sure if your experience was ""THAT"" bad you would have demanded a manager.

That's why they have customer service in the store. Sounds like you saved lowes a bad customer.

@AnonPerson

“Sounds like you saved lowes a bad customer.“ I agree.

View more comments (5)
Lowes Sales Representative
Pros
  • Location
Cons
  • Lack of help by sales staff
Tags
  • No Help From Sales Employees

Lowes - Delivery

2.0
Ordered a Samsung refrigerator a week ago, delivery dates get pushed back 3 times, the supervisor of delivery service states that lowes dont have there own delivery trucks and that its an independent contractor, states its out of his hands, then how can you Be a supervisor of delivery service If you have no control
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Richmond, Virginia - No help at store location. Could not find anyone in store

3.4
Cause your stores in my area 40218 have no one to help me with an ice maker convection. There for I would have to ride there amaybe waste my time if you can not help me. I could take my business elsewhere but that to is a ways away so I could be wasting my time there also. But on the custome device they were wonderful. Answered my guestionbright away. You need that kind of customer service in the stores

Your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Who was wonderful on "custome device"?

Who answered your "questionbright away"? Seems like you might want to take a little time and read your complaints before you post them to see if they make sense.

Do you mean ice maker conversion?

lowes is not affiliated with this site. they aren't going to answer you here.

What on earth is an ice maker convection? No wonder you couldn't find anyone to help you with it.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Streetsboro, Ohio - Arrogant salesman

1.8
Went to Lowe’s to ask about getting an estimate on window replacements and a new front door. Set up the in home visit. Email mailed the salesman 4 days before the visit and told him we were only interested in the front door since we decide to go with another company for the windows. He comes out and the first thing he says is “ I just got your email and just so you know I do not normally come out for just a front door”. We go through what door we want and tell him we will be making a decision in few days. Two days later I email and call him leaving a voicemail telling him we are ready to purchase the new front door with side lights and trim. Not one response back. We have heard nothing. Back to square one as I will not buy a door from Lowe’s if this is their response. Obviously they do not need a sale that bad. Front doors are not cheap.
Lowes Sales Representative

Lowes - Chat help on site absurdly wastes your time

3.5
Try to get a simple quick answer to a question about ordering, and you are subjected to a query about you before you can ask a question. Angered me so I decided not to order. Ridiculous that they are so data greedy they can't just answer a question. Lowe's was top of my choices, and I have spent thousands of dollars there, Topeka store, in recent years, but today it just fell completely off the list! I am so fed up with manipulative data grabs.

Lowes in Paris, Tennessee - Never Again

My mother purchased an $11,000 floor 3 months ago and since it was special ordered floor had to pay for it up front. Still waiting on Legacy installers to install. Floor has to acclamatie.... it’s been in the House acclaimating for 2 months. This is crazy...... I bought a floor from 50 floor and from date of purchase to walking on my new floor was less than a month. Lowe’s and Legacy should take some training from 50 Floor! In the meantime, my 86 year old mother has been displaced for 2 months. Legacy has horrendous customer service so don’t even bother calling them. Lowe’s is no help either and it is apparent the two companies do not communicate. They never return your call. Legacy makes excuses and blames Lowe’s. Lowe’s makes excuses and blames Legacy. There is absolutely no coordination, only excuses!! If my mother wasn’t totally in love with the floor she purchased from Lowe’s, I would have her a floor from 50 floor down next week. Run as fast as you can from this business combo of Lowe’s + Legacy!
#1720781

i call B.S you mean to tell me a store from nashville came 2.5 hours out to paris to do your floors

h.kitchener

I ran into a similar problem many years ago. Bottom line is that you cannot go just on time.

There are other factors to consider and perform. I found a good article concerning this: http://www.uptownfloors.com/preparation/acclimation.htm

Lowes Flooring Installation
Cons
  • Customer service received
Loss
Tags
  • Dismissive To Customers

Lowes in Warren, Ohio - WORST INSTALL EVER!!!!

Lowes is the worst place to get carpet!! They installed my carpet Approx: $6300.00 and it has more "HUMPS" in it the a team of Camels !!!!!!! They never stretched the carpet on the install! Talked to Lowes store manager/and Lowes corporate, they said $2000.00 MORE dollars and well replace it.......WTF (if it was installed right in the first place none of this would have happened!) I live by my self and NEVER wore shoes on the carpet ever,and sweep it once a week! There RIPP OFF'S!!!!!!!!!I bought everything for my new house from them,curtains,shower doors ,vanities, paint,light fixtures,stain for my fence,bulbs,screws,the list go's on and on. And they treat me like this? I guess thats why its called L O W E S there' low" CAN ANY BODY HELP ME HERE??????
Lowes Carpet Installation
Bad quality
Loss

Lowes in Indianapolis, Indiana - Can't check out

1.5
I was trying to get in line to check out and a Lowe's employee stood in front of me so other people could get in line ahead of me. I will never shop at the Lowe's on beachway drive again rude employees and evidently don't want me to check out so they can put it all back on the Shelf.