Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Paris, Tennessee - Never Again

My mother purchased an $11,000 floor 3 months ago and since it was special ordered floor had to pay for it up front. Still waiting on Legacy installers to install. Floor has to acclamatie.... it’s been in the House acclaimating for 2 months. This is crazy...... I bought a floor from 50 floor and from date of purchase to walking on my new floor was less than a month. Lowe’s and Legacy should take some training from 50 Floor! In the meantime, my 86 year old mother has been displaced for 2 months. Legacy has horrendous customer service so don’t even bother calling them. Lowe’s is no help either and it is apparent the two companies do not communicate. They never return your call. Legacy makes excuses and blames Lowe’s. Lowe’s makes excuses and blames Legacy. There is absolutely no coordination, only excuses!! If my mother wasn’t totally in love with the floor she purchased from Lowe’s, I would have her a floor from 50 floor down next week. Run as fast as you can from this business combo of Lowe’s + Legacy!
#1720781

i call B.S you mean to tell me a store from nashville came 2.5 hours out to paris to do your floors

h.kitchener

I ran into a similar problem many years ago. Bottom line is that you cannot go just on time.

There are other factors to consider and perform. I found a good article concerning this: http://www.uptownfloors.com/preparation/acclimation.htm

Lowes Flooring Installation
Cons
  • Customer service received
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Dismissive To Customers

Lowes in Warren, Ohio - WORST INSTALL EVER!!!!

Lowes is the worst place to get carpet!! They installed my carpet Approx: $6300.00 and it has more "HUMPS" in it the a team of Camels !!!!!!! They never stretched the carpet on the install! Talked to Lowes store manager/and Lowes corporate, they said $2000.00 MORE dollars and well replace it.......WTF (if it was installed right in the first place none of this would have happened!) I live by my self and NEVER wore shoes on the carpet ever,and sweep it once a week! There RIPP OFF'S!!!!!!!!!I bought everything for my new house from them,curtains,shower doors ,vanities, paint,light fixtures,stain for my fence,bulbs,screws,the list go's on and on. And they treat me like this? I guess thats why its called L O W E S there' low" CAN ANY BODY HELP ME HERE??????
Lowes Carpet Installation
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Indianapolis, Indiana - Can't check out

1.5
I was trying to get in line to check out and a Lowe's employee stood in front of me so other people could get in line ahead of me. I will never shop at the Lowe's on beachway drive again rude employees and evidently don't want me to check out so they can put it all back on the Shelf.
Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service

Lowes in Bedford Heights, Ohio - I suggested my 93 year old mother buy a dishwasher from Lowe

She bought it, had it installed, it worked - then it did not work. She has over $900 + in this thing. She has been washing dishes by hand since March 2018...it is Mid September now. Awful service. Incomprehensible. The aggravation she is enduring is effecting her health.

Yes. They took advantage of my eighty-year-old mother-in-law too they installed a bathtub and Surround.

$4500 later. they install the bathtub and Surround that we didn't pick out it was real cheap quality and it was crooked and they had to silicone everything since nothing fit the shower door was put on crooked doesn't close and no one seems to care.

They told us they hired General Contractors but it was just a handyman that did it and most the time he left before any part of the job was done. This was done out of Union City Tennessee Lowe's.

Rather poor complaint. When did she buy it?

How long did it work before it quit working? Was it still under warranty when it quit and if it was did she contact the manufacturer for repair under warranty?

If not has she called anyone for service? If she hasn't arranged for warranty repair or called for other service, she should.

@Anonymous

I'm trying to be nice. But she has done all the proper calls, notifications, writing, waiting in lines, repeated calls to store manager, salesperson, corporate office, installers, etc....nauseating barf!

The unit worked a short time. Yes!!!

Of course, still under warranty. A warranty is ONLY as good as the one giving it!

Product
Bosch Dishwasher

Lowes Profiling

I work for a home contractor in Baltimore who does approximately 2M dollars a year in the White Marsh store. On a regular basis, I need to send my workers to pick up materials. While my causcasian workers never have an issue, my African American or Hispanic workers are continually followed around the store by the store manager and a big lug that is supposed to be the loss prevention manager. After hearing about this, I went to the store with my employees to view it myself. And sure enough, the store manager comes out and follows my employees around if their skin was any darker than white. I confronted Brian the store manager and he hemmed and hawed, but he knew he was dead to rights. He tried to bribe us with discounts, but I am filing a discrimination lawsuit against him and the store.

It's always about racism, isn't it.

There is no law that states they cannot follow you around on THEIR PRIVATE PROPERTY!! If you don’t like it shop elsewhere.

You won’t get anywhere with a lawsuit or corporate because once again, ITS PRIVATE PROPERTY! They have every right to follow whomever they please on their PRIVATE PROPERTY to ensure nothing is stolen. It amazes me that yet another dumb person feels they have some greater right then the people that are being victimized by thief’s. Have you ever stopped and asked yourself why?

Maybe those employees are not as trustworthy as you have assumed. For all you know they could be stealing Lowe’s blind. You don’t watch them when they are in the store without you, your own people could be part of a big box theft ring. The point is they can follow you if they want and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it.

It’s their right to protect themselves. You making such a stink about it makes you look as guilty as can possibly be. Go ahead. Show the world YOUR lack of intelligence.

If you wouldn’t let a stranger in your house without watching them closely then you have no place to whine about them doing the EXACT same thing you would do.

Did you ever stop and think that they may have a serious problem with groups of men of color shoplifting? No, people like YOU won’t see past that nose stuck up in the air sadly.

They also discriminate against the elderly and take advantage of them. I'm Hispanic and had a complaint about an installation for my mother-in-law and the woman in the store hung up on me in the middle of the sentence great quality customer service! The worst service I've ever gotten in 30 years from Union City Tennessee Lowe's and their installation Department.

Lowes Manager
Pros
  • Store specialists
Cons
  • Unbelievably poor service
Poor customer service

Lowes - Won't give refund or at best gc.

We bought a Chamberlain garage door opener prior to our new house being built. We found we dont need this. It is model lc752evgc. I dont have the receipt. I guess lost in the packing of the house. My bad. Contacted store and chat with a refusal to take back Wtf as greater than 90 days. I would take a gc for the sale amount.Now its not an item they stock. My guess this is why they put it on sale. Will not shop Lowes anymore. Strictly a Home Depot customer now Be aware before you buy anything. Dont be too pro active like me.

What part of doing returns is escaping you? Every receipt I get has these conditions.

1. Like new condition. This means it can’t be open or without its packaging. 2.

No receipt means no return. Can’t find your receipt then start taking a picture of your receipt with your phone. 3. With in a 30 day time frame of original purchase.

This means that even one minute beyond the time frame ties their hands. Or have you forgotten that EVERYTHING IS COMPUTERIZED! The computer doesn’t give a damn as to what excuse you want to give. It’s doing as it’s program instructs.

So even a day beyond the return date is BEYOND the computers ability to process. It still amazes me that you snowflake consumers continue to attempt these scams. And yes it’s a scam. Especially since you KNOW as a adult that every retail store has these policies in effect and people like you will still try and get your way.

You WILLINGLY attempt to scam them into giving you your way even knowing you’re in the wrong. Then you will double and triple down on your scamming by making a scene and then whining on the web. At what point do you accept that you have screwed yourself over and hold yourself as the responsible party? The retail store is NOT the bad guys when you are attempting to scam them.

Then people like yourself will justify your bad behavior by claiming it’s the principle of it. You screwed up deal with it and stop blaming innocent stores because your scam fell through. Being told no is not rude. Not being allowed to do a return is not rude.’ Rude is YOU attempting to defame a company because YOU were told no.

Rude is you attempting to shame them because YOU SCREWED UP. Are you not an adult?

Policy clearly states a 30 day return policy. It is printed on every receipt.

Items that are considered high theft are placed on a "no receipt, no return" list. That means that even with your ID they cannot return the item. A lot of stores are like this now.

Don't like it? Suck it up *** Keep your records next time.

It may have been on sale when you bought it for any number of reasons. Manufacturers change their models from time to time.

It isn't Lowes fault that you lost your receipt and were trying to return an item you have had so long. Why should they be expected to take an item they no longer stock back after you've had it sitting around your house for months?

You will find similar policies at other stores as well. My guess is that you will run out of places to shop if you quit shopping at every store that won't take products back that you have had sitting around the house and can't find a receipt for.

Product
Chamberlain Lc752Evgc Garage Door Opener
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes in Norcross, Georgia - Lowe’s performed faulty bathroom installation

1.3

Update by user Sep 11, 2018

This is my opinion and my personal experience and I have evidence to back up my claims. Lowe’s did provide a good installer for my bathroom counter install but even the process of going through Lowe’s to do this was very frustrating due to little if no call backs when trying to gather information on my project, not sending needed information in a timely manner, and not being upfront about realistic time frames of project completion. Lowe’s executive office did look into my project but has not rectified my situation to my satisfaction as of yet.

Original review posted by user Sep 11, 2018

I have had a horrible experience with Lowe’s. Worst decision of my life and I wish I had somehow known to avoid them. The sub contractor they assigned to my master bathroom project had horrible work ethic, installed materials incorrectly according to industry standards and they still have yet to give me a credit back for the work improperly done. They wanted to come “correct” the issues but this was the last straw with my project and there was no way I could take the risk again after experiencing such incompetence and I professionalism. I am a very patient and flexible person and this has been the worst experience of my life. Still not resolved and I have experienced emotional abuse by stall tactics and even Lowe’s executive staff that has chosen not to rectify this situation properly. I will never recommend Lowe’s to anyone and will never use them again. There are no words to describe how upset, frustrated and angry I am with how they have treated me and handled a mistake that they should’ve taken full responsibility of.

We had the same experience it was a 3-month horror story not only bad installation and service unethical. They operate in a fraudulent manner they substitute cheaper products they send a handyman instead of general contractor and that's just the beginning of the problems we had we're out $4,500 right now. Our experience was out of Union City Tennessee and their installation Department they give you the run-around every time you have a complaint that someone else you have to talk to I talked to at least seven people that never returned phone calls answer emails or address these problems.

You expected Rolls Royce service from a Chevy dealership. Why would you have such high expectations from a discount home improvement center?

Lowes Bathroom Remodeling
  • Lowe s Corporate
  • lowes bathroom installation

Lowes in Orlando, Florida - 3 months ordering blinds

2.0
Ordered 6/23 and today 9/11 they installed wrong blinds. Multiple visits and calls and no one able to help. $2,000 blinds and still having issues with order. No manager able to make this right. Very frustrating
Lowes Blinds Installation
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - We never received our shower doors

Our shower doors were never delivered to our home. We have been told several times it was on its way, several phone calls to confirm our order was being delivered. We have been waiting for over a month.It is shameful my boyfriend is a Military Veteran and was talked to very disrespectful as he called to ask why we have not received our order. They continue to put us off,like it is our fault. If we had any idea this going to happen we have shopped somewhere else.Its a shame after spending thousands of dollars in Lowe's trying to remodel our home.
Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Lowes - Worst experience EVER!

Bought a fridge and someone at Lowes drove into it with a forklift putting holes in the side. It took Lowes a week to order us another fridge and then another week for it to come in. They did give us a loaner but we could never go shopping because we wouldn't have enough coolers to empty all food into while the new one got to right temp. Anyway, fast forward. It's been 2 1/2 weeks and supposedly I will get it today, although I've heard that before and don't quite believe it. This has gone beyond ridiculous. Will never order another appliance there again. Only things I can take home myself.

You do know they probably had to order it from the manufacturer don't you? They don't have a big warehouse full of appliances just waiting for someone to need one. And that manufacturer could have had to ship the fridge from Korea.

Sounds like they went above and beyond. I don't know how many other stores would give you a loaner until a new refrigerator came in for you.

Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered