Rating: 3 Stars Clear all filters (375 of 4874 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Show
Rating:

Lowes in Bartlett, Tennessee - Slow slow slow

2.6
My kitchen has been barely functional since August 1. Using a plastic basin for a sink, no oven, all my food, dishes, pots and pans are in boxes. The kitchen should have been done by mid August. I have notified family I will not be hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year.

Lowes in Albuquerque, New Mexico - Let go before my resignation date

2.8
I am now a former Lowe's employee, I put in my 2 week notice, for the 21st of October, I was let go the 12 th of October, I was told that it was standard practice to let employees go whom have submitted their resignation, but much to my surprise, I have known several other employees from the store I was working and they got to finish out their commitment to Lowe's, I in the time I worked their was never late, missed one day of work due to mechanical issues, to which I followed procedure and called in, I have never been reprimanded for infractions of policy, I find it unfair that I was let go before my resignation date, I cannot find the policy where it says that Lowe's uses that practice, thinking I was terminated without cause.
PresentSunBear

me too

I've never worked for Lowes but have worked for other retail stores. It kind of depends on why you are leaving as to whether you get to work out your two weeks or not.

If you are leaving for school, retiring, moving out of town they will usually let you work out your notice.

If you turn in your notice and say you are taking a job at another retail store they will often terminate you right away. They feel if you are no longer committed to them and you would rather be working elsewhere it's better for you the be elsewhere sooner rather than later.

There doesn't need to be a cause. Unless there is a contract, you serve at the pleasure of management.

Apparently you no longer garnered their pleasure.

At our company, anyone turning in a 2 week notice was thanked for their consideration and let go immediately with a 2-week severance check. Nobody wants an employee who has publicly announced their dissatisfaction by turning in a notice which is often disruptive and leads to morale issues and in some cases, intentionally sabotaged work.

@Anonymous

or theft. It's quite common for people who have given their notice to steal from the company they are leaving.

View more comments (3)
Policy and Procedure
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • poor training

I never received my rebates from lowes

3.0
I never received my rebates cards from last year. what do i do? the tracker says it was sent... but i never got anything!!!!!!!! what do i do to receive them? i have checked my email too. one is still processing and i have three that stated they were sent on but i never got anything by mail or by email....? I really need to know where i go from this point i could really use them. Submission Status Promotion Dates10/12/2017 - 10/18/2017 Current StatusRebate Sent Department Number108789 Reward Value$118.60 Tracking NumberGPJD-8573-5882 Submission Status Promotion Dates10/12/2017 - 10/18/2017 Current StatusRebate Sent Department Number108789 Reward Value$5.91 Tracking NumberJHLY-5451-2701 Submission Status Promotion Dates10/12/2017 - 10/18/2017 Current StatusRebate Sent Department Number108789 Reward Value$34.41 Tracking NumberCGBZ-9838-4565 please contact me back at beccers85@hotmail.com or by phone 775-316-2161 thanks

Have you tried calling the Rebate Center? 877-204-1223 I had a similar issue with a paint rebate and I called and they sent out a new check. They of course had to verify the check sent was not cashed or anything.

Product
Lowes Rebate Card
Problem with delivery
Loss
Preferred solution
i would like my gift card rebated please.

Lowes in Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Never again. Terrible experience!Go some place else, honestl

3.0
My first and last purchase ever at Lowe’s. Honestly go to Home Depot and save yourself the hassle! I made a big purchase of 4 appliances 3 months ago ($3,000 approx). Ever since, I’ve contacted Lowe’s 8 different times about different mistakes that they’ve made to my initial order. Worst of all? I haven’t even received the full order yet! I was supposed to receive the full order yesterday and I even got emails and automated calls confirming the deliveries. I received everything but the range. I contacted Lowe’s to see what happened and they told me that I was out of stock and that’s why it wasn’t delivered! I was never notified about this and was expecting to receive it all yesterday. They just placed a new order and offer me a 10% discount on the full price without realizing that I had used a coupon during my initial purchase. So even with the 10% discount that they offer for their mistake, I would have ended up paying $51 more than the initial price. I contact them for the 8th time now, explained the situation and they said that the item was already below cost and they couldn’t honor or price match my initial price. They adviced me to go in person to the store which is a 45 minute drive and ask them (without guarantee) if they could honor the price because at the call center they couldn’t help me as the price they were offering me was already below cost. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!? So you’re telling me that you can’t honor the initial price that I paid for the range that I was expecting to receive yesterday but didn’t because another mistake of yours and now you expect me to pay more for it because you couldn’t do your numbers in the first place! Ridiculous!! So after 3 hours on the phone, 2 reps and one manager, any of them helpful at all but rather reading the script from the same booklet “ ma’am I understand and apologize for the mistake but there is nothing that we can do”; they decidir to resolve the whole mess up by giving me a $25 gift card. ARE YOU SERIOUS AGAIN?!???? I am more than offended. On top of that, the guys that delivered the 3 appliances yesterday didn’t know how to install dishwashers or microwaves, so they told me to contact Lowe’s (again!!!!) and ask for someone else to install all appliances. There are many more details that I’m skipping to avoid writing a very long review, but believe me when I say to you... they try to offer good service and copy Home Depots policies but ultimately they don’t follow through or delivered what they promise. And, they don’t come close at all to HOME DEPOTs satisfaction guarantee. Save yourself the hassle, because apparently as a Lowe’s customer, you’re only worth $25!!! NEVER AGAIN! And by the way, I am NOT affiliated in any way to Home Depot but I’ve purchased there before and have never had to face this nonsense. A very disgusted, frustrated, offended and angry EX-customer!!!

Home Depot, and the appliance deliverer/installer(Temco) they use in California are just as bad or worse. I am in the middle of a NIGHTMARE experience where the Temco installers did not tighten the water supply line to our new dishwasher and our kitchen flooded.

Two weeks later still trying to resolve with Home Depot. I may write my own review of Home Depot /Temco when all is done.

"Going to HD" threat is not useful. They are both big box retailers and are equally as bad.

please explain why you went to lowes when you plugged Home Depot twice

@Anonymous

I received a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" coupon from Lowes offering 10% off one purchase. I decided to choose them instead of any other appliances stores because the price with this coupon was considerably lower at Lowes.

Plus, since I had never purchased from them, I was willing to try them out. Bad decision, lesson learned.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Lowes in Milledgeville, Georgia - Misleading sales in store

2.5
Lowes - Misleading sales in store
Asked to speaker department manager about prices. His comment to me was cooperate handles prices. If I have a problem with it this why LOWES has lawyers on lawyers for problems like this and walked away
FrozenToucan675

Misleading install date date. When I paid for install date, sales tep added two weeks to contact.

When I questioned it, she said its just an estimate. I was told install would be 4-8.

Rcvd a call from installers on 4-3 stating earlest they could install was three weeks from 4-3. So, just Know you will not get what you contract and pay for!

He is correct. Corporate sets the prices.

Most clearance signs will say "up to 50% off". This case could be a signage issue. Which is still through Corporate. I suggest calming down and ask a little more nicely.

Some stores are willing to work with prices. But you have to understand that they are trying to make a profit and getting rid of clearance items at the same time.

View more comments (1)
Pricing issue

Lowes in Fayetteville, Arkansas - Lousy customer service

2.5
I was Lowes yesterday evening looking for an area rug and stood there for half an hour and no one ever came to help me. My sister had the experience while shopping for a refrigerator. From now on I'm going to Home Depot

You could have hit the help button. They're red with a sign that says help.

Or is that too hard for you? No one is a mind reader.

They do not automatically know that someone is waiting for help. You stood there for a half hour when you could have went to the next department and asked someone to call flooring.

Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service

Lowes in Potsdam, New York - CANNOT GET STORM DOOR INSTALLED!

3.3
Ordered a storm door with retractable screen and needed installation. Gentleman came and measured, then got a call from salesman 2 days later that he was off for 2 days but could come in then to pay as they had none in stock but would have them when he came back to work. I went down that next, he was off, they had 7, I paid and the new new salesman put the install ticket ticket through right then..or so he said! Called yesterday, the install ticket had just been put through because they didn't have any. Asked to speak to a manager...he was in a "meeting " on a Saturday. ..and would call me back in 30 minutes. Still haven't heard and still have no idea when door is being installed. Should have driven the 35 miles to Home Depot!

Lowes and Depot are generally incompetents. You are always better going with an outside contractor.

There are more horror stories about Lowes and Depot than happy endings. These companies are scams.....and sometimes they hire felons.

Home Depot doesn't sell the same doors and Lowes. The Larson or Pella (made by Larson) are a better door than the Emco or Andersen doors you get at Depot. Just buy the door and either install it yourself (not a very difficult thing to do) or hire your own contractor to install it.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Door Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes - Indifferent, unhelpful, unknowledgeable sales person

2.8
Went to my "favorite" Lowes, in Gloucester, VA, near my home, last Saurday afternoon, 9/8/2018, to buy a new freezer. After locating a sales person (young lady), I explained that our old freezer died the night before and we needed an immediate replacement. After selecting the model we wanted, she "checked her computer" and said it showed one in stock; however, she did not trust it and would go in the back and check. When she returned, she said they did NOT have that freezer in stock but could get us one in about seven days. I explained, again, we needed a freezer immediately to avoid losing everything in our old freezer and asked if they would sell me the display model, even though it had a few dings on it, it was new. She said definately not, the "big boss" would not consider selling a display because they would have to discount it because of the dings. She would not ask the "big boss" about selling the display model or call them out for a conversation with me. We selected another, largeer model freezer and went through the same experience, our computer shows we have two in stock but I will go in back and check, then, none in stock but can have one in about seven days. I have bought a lot of items from Lowes over the years and was staning in the store, cash in hand and needing a new freezer, and didn't get one. If this employee worked for me, she would be fired!! Absolutely no help and not willing to try to make something work for me. I will avoid Lowes in the future, if at all possible.

Couple things.. First, the employees work for their bosses.

Not the customers. So even though you want her to break the rules she cannot because she will get in trouble with her employer. The company makes the rules. Not her and not you.

Second, because she verified that there were actually zero on hand in the store you would fire her?? She should have checked another store but she cannot make the items magically appear.

#1562087

It is not store policy to sell displays. Until recently, Lowe’s was fairly lenient on bending that policy.

Now there is a new Board of Directors in place and the policy is strictly in place. I happen to agree with the policy, it makes good business sense on many levels, of which I will not get into detail on here. It keeps overall costs down which gets passed on to the consumer. The associate did as she should have.

The only additional thing she could have done is to check the inventory at near by stores and direct you to them. Certainly you would not want the Associate to jeopardize her job because of your unfortunate dilemma?

h.kitchener

You should have talked to the store manager or even another, more capable employee in that department. Just taking the word of someone with apparent lack of knowledge does you no good.

@h.kitchener

Requested meeting/conversation with the "big boss" and got blown off. I don't have time for games and bad attitudes.

Went to Sears and bought a brand new Kenmore freezer and a five year service contract, with a lot more personality, help and good will. I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Lowes; I think I will surrender my Lowes loyalty card!!!!

@FlashyRiverTurtle418

you're going to let 1 bad experience affect you? You said she was indifferent..

I'm sure if your experience was ""THAT"" bad you would have demanded a manager.

That's why they have customer service in the store. Sounds like you saved lowes a bad customer.

@AnonPerson

“Sounds like you saved lowes a bad customer.“ I agree.

View more comments (5)
Lowes Sales Representative
Pros
  • Location
Cons
  • Lack of help by sales staff
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • No Help From Sales Employees

Lowes in Richmond, Virginia - No help at store location. Could not find anyone in store

3.4
Cause your stores in my area 40218 have no one to help me with an ice maker convection. There for I would have to ride there amaybe waste my time if you can not help me. I could take my business elsewhere but that to is a ways away so I could be wasting my time there also. But on the custome device they were wonderful. Answered my guestionbright away. You need that kind of customer service in the stores

Your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Who was wonderful on "custome device"?

Who answered your "questionbright away"? Seems like you might want to take a little time and read your complaints before you post them to see if they make sense.

Do you mean ice maker conversion?

lowes is not affiliated with this site. they aren't going to answer you here.

What on earth is an ice maker convection? No wonder you couldn't find anyone to help you with it.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes in Worcester, Massachusetts - Shipping

3.2
We ordered patio pavers a week ago and cant seem to get a delivery date. Our online order confirmation says we should have received the order the next day. We have called numerous times only to get disconnected or shuffled around thru numerous different departments with no one having a clue as to what should be done . We have asked repeatedly just to give us a new shipping date, we are finally told the company will call you between these times and set up a delivery time, which never happened. I suggest to Lowes they go back to inhouse shipping. If I could contact someone reliable I would cancel my order and order thru someplace else.
Lowes Delivery Service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered