Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Denton, Texas - Deind able to return product.

3.7
A while back me and my wife purchased some moen Caldwell faucets from you'll because we were trying to remodel our master bathroom. But I was told I had prostate cancer an everything was put on hold so now that we are able to go forward with our project we fine out that the faucets were the wrong ones an all I wanted was to exchange them for the right ones or store credit because I was going to turn around an spend the money there anyway . But the gave me such a hard time saying they couldn't without a receipt which I no longer had it real gave me a sour feeling about shopping at Lowes anymore.....

Receipts are the key to a smooth return no matter where you shop. First of all they prove you purchased the product rather than stole it.

Next, they prove what you paid for the product. They also prove you purchased the product at their store rather than a competitor. It sounds like you have had the faucets sitting around for a while.

It is possible that the faucets are no longer a stock item as well. If in fact the faucets are worth $845 you would be hard pressed to find any store willing to take this amount of merchandise back without a receipt.

@Anonymous

I'm sorry but not everyone holds on to a small piece of paper called a receipt! It's not uncommon for someone to misplace a receipt either.

A huge store such as Lowes should have the option to "look up" by card- if paid by CC/debit.

To be denied a merchandise credit is overall just wrong! C'mon Lowes you can do better than that!

@Steph

They do have the option of using your card to find the item. However, this is only good for up to 2 years.

If they cannot find it through your card, there is nothing they can do.

Most moen faucets require a receipt because they are a high theft item. The register will quite literally deny the return without proper proof.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Products
Cons
  • Return policy
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Lowe s Corporate

Contractor lowes hires Dont Pay his Emoyees

The contractor Lowe's hires to install Fence in Buffalo,NY called Buffalo Fence. Owner Tom E does not Pay his employees for the hard work they did. Causing a chain reaction of bad life experiences with having a new baby to feed and to keep a roof over our head. He has no right to play games with people's life. Lowe's and Buffalo Fence will be in court for unpaid wages.

Why will Lowes be in court? They are not responsible for paying the employees of the contractors they hire.

It is the fencing company that is responsible for paying their employees. It would be wise for any construction company to be cautious in taking work from a big box store.

Even though they get paid up front their contractors in most cases don't get paid until the job is complete and signed off by their customer. This can create a cash flow problem if the company doesn't have decent cash reserves.

DON'T BUY HUSQVARNA Riding Lawn Mowers from Lowes

I went to Lowes and explained my mowing needs and other work I needed to complete around my property. I spoke to several different sales associates during several differeent trips. It was suggested I get the Husqvarna TS354D Garden Tractor. I wanted to be able to use a scoop bucket, garden plow, cultivator, dethatcher, snow plow ect. on the new garden tractor. I was told I could order all of these different accessories for this GT at Lowes and they would arrive in a week 2 at most. So I ordered the GT on line and the order information said it would be in 2 weeks from that date. THE time came and went and no GT. Another 2 weeks went by and I received an email saying the GT had arrived and would be getting a call from Lowes to set up dellivery date. When I finally got the call I was informed the GT had not arrived and it could be another two weeks. I went into the store to find out what was going on with the order. Turned out the GT was actually there and then told they could not deliver it for another week... not acceptible considering the already frustraighting time frame. After speaking to several different managers they decided to give me a discount on the GT. Next I ordered the scoop bucket. That was supposed to come in 7 to 10 days. The order keep getting delayed to the tune of 6 weeks with no end in sight for actual arrival to store. I cancel the order. Figure I may find a different place to get a scoop bucket. Meanwhile I order an electric sleeve hitch from a different company. During the ordering process from that co. I found out that Husqvarna put a cheaper frame on this newer GT and that the frame may bend with ground engaging equipment and the use of the scoop bucket. I call lowes and ask about the return policy they said 30 days no exceptions. So I email customer solutions and they respond with it is a 30 day return policy even though their sales associates suggested this GT would be caple of meeting my needs and I could get the accessories there. Apparently Husqvarna has gone back and forth with using adequate and inadequate frames for its GT. Husqvarna does a really awful job of getting their accesories to their vendors, such as Lowes. On top of all this the cruise control stopped working at the 15 hour point. Basically no matter how you look at it Husqvarna and Lowes both have handeld this situation poorly. Due to this I strongly urge you to save yourself the headache and buy a GT that is not made with defective parts at a store who will value your business. I would also suggest you aviod purchasing anything from Lowes as they don't care about customers and doing what is right by them. Shame on both of these big companies for taking advantage of thier customers and not doing what is right by them.... especially since I needed to be able to stop the severe flooding on my property with the use of this GT and the accessories I was told I could get that would work well with this machine. Summer of 2018 waisted due to thier poor business practices and lots of personal property destroyed due to rain and flooding that could not be controlled without the GT I paid for and wanted to use for intended purpose.

Lowes - Poor Service and OSHA Violation

On Wednesday, August 29, 2018, while shopping at Lowes in Mechanicsburg, PA I witnessed/experienced the following: 1. Unable to obtain service at the board cutting station. Spent over one half hour trying to get a Lowes associate to cut a piece of plywood to size. After numerous attempts including, two face-to-face visits to the customer service desk, I was told that the person responsible had not reported to work and that no one was available to perform the service. Purchase cancelled. 2. While shopping in the electric dept. I witnessed a Lowes associate on a ladder exceeding 8 feet in height without fall protection equipment, a clear violation of OSHA regulations. I questioned the associate, "Where is your fall protection?", but receive nothing but a perplexed and guilty stare.

They don't require protection on a ladder. They do however require associates keep their hands on the rails when going up and down.

Don't quite know where you get your information about fall protection. From my experiences with OSHA they should be fine on the ladder but if they stepped off the ladder onto a platform or other elevated area they would need fall protection there.

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Featured

Lowes in Naples, Florida - Baker Roofing Inc.

Lowes - Baker Roofing Inc.
Wilson Ellis out of Estero, Fl Baker Roofing Inc. Worst roofing job in my neighborhood. After the hurricane, we couldn’t get a local roofing company. Went through Lowe’s figuring they would vet the roofing company. 3 months later and we have a roof that was installed by amateurs at best. No way were these guys trained roofers. The roof leaked into five rooms causing more damage. Lowe’s won’t even return our phone calls. Baker roofing company’s warranty isn’t worth the paper it’s written on! Buyer be aware. Now we have to pay a real roofing company to come in and install another roof. Lowe’s and Wilson Ellis are not recommended. Stay far away.
Lowes Roofing
Bad quality

Lowes in Montoursville, Pennsylvania - Waiting for fencing to be installed

I had a lowes sales person come to my house in the first week of june...He told me it would be up to six weeks before instulation....really ....here it is 8/30/2018....no fencing has been installed...this is the third date for instulation...called contracter...no return call..called project manager ....yesterday and i am waiting for a instulation date...called the coporate manager today ..I AM STILL WAITING FOR A DATE....i am not happy with any of this...i will no longer deal with the project manager....my jeep is parked near the street because of how the placed the fencing pieces...my jeep is being scratched by the kids who play outside...
h.kitchener

Call Lowe's and cancel the order. Tell them they need to come and get their materials.

If you paid via credit card then tell them to credit the total you paid. If they don't then file a dispute, etc. for services not received. Then, find a local fence installer on your own and have it done.

Lowe's relies on the sub contractor, who appears to be unwilling, for whatever reason to actually install the fence. Not your problem.

@h.kitchener

If they delivered they'll pick it up. But no refund will be made until the items are in store. That's just policy and common sense.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Fence Installation

Lowes - Very unprofessional & unreliable

1.9
Had a sales rep come out on 6/7/18 for a fence & installation quote. Ask how long it would take to install the fence & was told they were 4 weeks out & I was ok with that so fence was purchased & everything was scheduled. Subcontractor came out to remeasure the yard on 06/12/18, asked him what date the fence would be installed & he told me 7/6/18 which was around the 4 week mark that the Lowes sales rep told me so ok great! During the next few weeks there was no comminication from Lowes or the subcontractor. July 6th comes and no one shows up at the house so I call my Lowes "Project Coordinator" my call goes directly to voicemail so I leave a message. I give it 24hrs & hear nothing back so I call again and again my call goes straight to voicemail & another message is left. This pattern continues for 4 days and no one calls me back. I email my sales rep 7/10/18 who then informs me that my "Project Coordinator" is no longer employed with Lowes & I was assigned a new "Project Coordinator". He gives me the new name & phone# & tells me to call her since he's currently on vacation. I call the new "Project Coordinator" & again my calls go directly to voicemail, messages were left, & no one contacted me back. Frustrated I call Lowes customer service on 7/11/18 to see what the &*$# is going on. They have no clue & ask me to call the subcontractor. I refuse to do so because that's not my job it's theirs! They conference call the subcontractor & he's out to lunch...of course he is! He'll call me back when he gets in. About 10 minutes later the subcontractor calls me back (at least I got a call back from someone right?). He proceeds to inform me that Lowes had an issue with my order due to the fired "Project Coordinator" (seems like more people should be fired for incompetence) & that due to that & weather my fence installation would need to be changed to 8/29/18. Ok I understand, it's been really rainy and I want my fence installed properly. On 08/28/18 Lowes delivers my fence & materials in huge pallets left on my driveway. GREAT! Tomorrow my fence will finally be installed! Nope today is 8/29/18 & no one shows up to install the fence. I call the subcontractor who tells me that he has me scheduled for 9/6/18 & doesn't know where I got a schedule date of 8/29/18. I tell him that I have an email from them telling me this! He asks who the email was from & when I tell him he apologizes & says that that person is no longer with their company. OMFG!!! SERIOUSLY? So now I have huge pallets of expensive fencing materials in my driveway that I have to guard with my life for almost an entire week to ensure that no one tries to steal them because my garage is full of crates of cement. This is just inexcusable & highly unprofessional! Once my fence is installed (hopefully next week but I doubt it) I am cutting up my Lowes card & never using them again.

Exact same experience. Told on 6/14 fence would be installed in 3-4 weeks.

They attempted to deliver Materials end of August but I wouldn’t allow them to leave the materials sitting in my yard for month and half since install got pushed back to mid October. Never using Lowes again

Lowes Fence Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes - These alarms are failing in mass at my apartment complex

When I go to Lowes to complain that my first alert P1210 model is failing in Mass at my apartment complex they won't take them back without a receipt and feel it is first alerts problem not theirs. I used to think they were a good company but not anymore. They went from being a good company to the pits! Bring back the one-year First Alert alarms and I will gladly change the batteries. I demand new smoke alarms that actually last 10 years! I know plenty of other people are having trouble with these alarms. I have a maintenance man who moonlights from a large complex and he told me they take these back regularly and they regret ever having put them in. this company really needs to be held accountable for poor product that does not do what they originally claimed it to do.

Today’s date November 20,2018 I recently had one out of 8 first alert P1210 model with a manufacturing date of 07-31-2017 ( purchased and installed from Lowe’s in November 2017) continuing to go off. First time scared us due to being at 3:00 in the morning!

I researched online to blow it out and vacuum what I could even though nothing came out. Then it went off again.

So I called First Alert consumer affairs number 1-800-323-9005 and a gentleman asked some basic questions and had a new unit shipped to the home at no charge. This is my experience so far.

I had installed one of these two years ago. What I find almost as disconcerting as the complete lack of care shown by my townhouse neighbors to maybe call or at least notify the authorities about the alarm going off was the short time span and life expectancy of this device. It will be a long time before I buy another First Alert smoke detector.

This message is not necessarily for this post only, but for all those reporting a defective First-Alert P1210 smoke detector. For warranty call 1-800-323-9005.

They were experiencing "high call volume" and I had to wait a whole 2 min. I personally think that's impressive. But first of all, here is the solution - possibly - likely - time will tell. Use compressed air or compressor, blow into the SIDES of the unit to loosen dirt, bugs etc.

Then vacuum out. This should be done periodically since bugs and dirt will cause it to give false alarms.

@Jon Lee

I have a rental house full of these P1210 Units. One in the main hallway began sounding alarm at night then intermittently during the day.

The units were installed brand new in June of 2018. Another one in the Kitchen also sounded once in a while and we were not cooking. The Mfg Date was March 2018. We purchased a can of air and sprayed all the orifices we could fine.

It still went off so we sprayed it again. If I owned this house I would replace them all immediately with reliable alarms. I will call the consumer affairs nr but I am expecting a hassle since I don't have the invoice.

Yes I can call the owners. No, I will not...because it might appear we are cranky old *** Couple of hundred dollars will give me new and reliable alarms and maybe more sleep at night.

Would you want to take back a faulty item that someone has no proof when or where they bought it? Really now. Use your common sense and quit complaining.

@Anon

The manufacture date of the detector is printed on the back of the unit.

View more comments (5)
Product
First Alert P1210 Smoke Detector
Bad quality

Lowes in College Station, Texas - Good riddance

It is with great sadness that I write this post. My husband and I have depended on Lowe's for ALL of our home improvement needs for many years, BUT NO MORE!!!!! They have lied, and lied, and lied some more. Their customer service is HORRIBLE and they obviously do not give a damn if they make a sale or not. Today is Aug 28th. I have been trying to buy a new stove since August 2nd. Lowe's has screwed this sale on a hundred different levels a hundred different times. I truly believe that they are simply clueless robots that don't give a rat's behind about customers. GOOD BYE TO GOOD RIDDANCE !!!!!!!

Too bad you don't support your claim with some details of what went wrong. All too often in ordering appliances the problem is something the manufacturer has done rather than the store.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Did not stand behind the services
  • Customer service
  • Very frustrated and done with lowes
Problem with delivery
Loss

Lowes - False Advertising

4th of July ad stated purchase a John Deere lawn tractor and receive a $200 gift card by rebate. The sale was from 6/28 through 7/9 2018. I purchased a lawn tractor on 7/9/18 and did not see a qualifying date of 7/4 on the rebate form until after the purchase. I went ahead and submitted the rebate form and received notice that the date on my sales receipt did not qualify!! I have been a Lowes customer for many years and I am very upset at this situation. If Lowes continues to advertise one thing and then switches to another, this is definitely a "bait and switch". Needless to say, I am extremely upset by this. I expect some resolution to this.
Lowes Rebate