Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Poor Service and OSHA Violation

On Wednesday, August 29, 2018, while shopping at Lowes in Mechanicsburg, PA I witnessed/experienced the following: 1. Unable to obtain service at the board cutting station. Spent over one half hour trying to get a Lowes associate to cut a piece of plywood to size. After numerous attempts including, two face-to-face visits to the customer service desk, I was told that the person responsible had not reported to work and that no one was available to perform the service. Purchase cancelled. 2. While shopping in the electric dept. I witnessed a Lowes associate on a ladder exceeding 8 feet in height without fall protection equipment, a clear violation of OSHA regulations. I questioned the associate, "Where is your fall protection?", but receive nothing but a perplexed and guilty stare.

They don't require protection on a ladder. They do however require associates keep their hands on the rails when going up and down.

Don't quite know where you get your information about fall protection. From my experiences with OSHA they should be fine on the ladder but if they stepped off the ladder onto a platform or other elevated area they would need fall protection there.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Featured

Lowes in Naples, Florida - Baker Roofing Inc.

Lowes - Baker Roofing Inc.
Wilson Ellis out of Estero, Fl Baker Roofing Inc. Worst roofing job in my neighborhood. After the hurricane, we couldn’t get a local roofing company. Went through Lowe’s figuring they would vet the roofing company. 3 months later and we have a roof that was installed by amateurs at best. No way were these guys trained roofers. The roof leaked into five rooms causing more damage. Lowe’s won’t even return our phone calls. Baker roofing company’s warranty isn’t worth the paper it’s written on! Buyer be aware. Now we have to pay a real roofing company to come in and install another roof. Lowe’s and Wilson Ellis are not recommended. Stay far away.
Lowes Roofing

Lowes in Montoursville, Pennsylvania - Waiting for fencing to be installed

I had a lowes sales person come to my house in the first week of june...He told me it would be up to six weeks before instulation....really ....here it is 8/30/2018....no fencing has been installed...this is the third date for instulation...called contracter...no return call..called project manager ....yesterday and i am waiting for a instulation date...called the coporate manager today ..I AM STILL WAITING FOR A DATE....i am not happy with any of this...i will no longer deal with the project manager....my jeep is parked near the street because of how the placed the fencing pieces...my jeep is being scratched by the kids who play outside...
h.kitchener

Call Lowe's and cancel the order. Tell them they need to come and get their materials.

If you paid via credit card then tell them to credit the total you paid. If they don't then file a dispute, etc. for services not received. Then, find a local fence installer on your own and have it done.

Lowe's relies on the sub contractor, who appears to be unwilling, for whatever reason to actually install the fence. Not your problem.

@h.kitchener

If they delivered they'll pick it up. But no refund will be made until the items are in store. That's just policy and common sense.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Fence Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes - Very unprofessional & unreliable

1.9
Had a sales rep come out on 6/7/18 for a fence & installation quote. Ask how long it would take to install the fence & was told they were 4 weeks out & I was ok with that so fence was purchased & everything was scheduled. Subcontractor came out to remeasure the yard on 06/12/18, asked him what date the fence would be installed & he told me 7/6/18 which was around the 4 week mark that the Lowes sales rep told me so ok great! During the next few weeks there was no comminication from Lowes or the subcontractor. July 6th comes and no one shows up at the house so I call my Lowes "Project Coordinator" my call goes directly to voicemail so I leave a message. I give it 24hrs & hear nothing back so I call again and again my call goes straight to voicemail & another message is left. This pattern continues for 4 days and no one calls me back. I email my sales rep 7/10/18 who then informs me that my "Project Coordinator" is no longer employed with Lowes & I was assigned a new "Project Coordinator". He gives me the new name & phone# & tells me to call her since he's currently on vacation. I call the new "Project Coordinator" & again my calls go directly to voicemail, messages were left, & no one contacted me back. Frustrated I call Lowes customer service on 7/11/18 to see what the &*$# is going on. They have no clue & ask me to call the subcontractor. I refuse to do so because that's not my job it's theirs! They conference call the subcontractor & he's out to lunch...of course he is! He'll call me back when he gets in. About 10 minutes later the subcontractor calls me back (at least I got a call back from someone right?). He proceeds to inform me that Lowes had an issue with my order due to the fired "Project Coordinator" (seems like more people should be fired for incompetence) & that due to that & weather my fence installation would need to be changed to 8/29/18. Ok I understand, it's been really rainy and I want my fence installed properly. On 08/28/18 Lowes delivers my fence & materials in huge pallets left on my driveway. GREAT! Tomorrow my fence will finally be installed! Nope today is 8/29/18 & no one shows up to install the fence. I call the subcontractor who tells me that he has me scheduled for 9/6/18 & doesn't know where I got a schedule date of 8/29/18. I tell him that I have an email from them telling me this! He asks who the email was from & when I tell him he apologizes & says that that person is no longer with their company. OMFG!!! SERIOUSLY? So now I have huge pallets of expensive fencing materials in my driveway that I have to guard with my life for almost an entire week to ensure that no one tries to steal them because my garage is full of crates of cement. This is just inexcusable & highly unprofessional! Once my fence is installed (hopefully next week but I doubt it) I am cutting up my Lowes card & never using them again.

Exact same experience. Told on 6/14 fence would be installed in 3-4 weeks.

They attempted to deliver Materials end of August but I wouldn’t allow them to leave the materials sitting in my yard for month and half since install got pushed back to mid October. Never using Lowes again

Lowes Fence Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes - These alarms are failing in mass at my apartment complex

When I go to Lowes to complain that my first alert P1210 model is failing in Mass at my apartment complex they won't take them back without a receipt and feel it is first alerts problem not theirs. I used to think they were a good company but not anymore. They went from being a good company to the pits! Bring back the one-year First Alert alarms and I will gladly change the batteries. I demand new smoke alarms that actually last 10 years! I know plenty of other people are having trouble with these alarms. I have a maintenance man who moonlights from a large complex and he told me they take these back regularly and they regret ever having put them in. this company really needs to be held accountable for poor product that does not do what they originally claimed it to do.

Today’s date November 20,2018 I recently had one out of 8 first alert P1210 model with a manufacturing date of 07-31-2017 ( purchased and installed from Lowe’s in November 2017) continuing to go off. First time scared us due to being at 3:00 in the morning!

I researched online to blow it out and vacuum what I could even though nothing came out. Then it went off again.

So I called First Alert consumer affairs number 1-800-323-9005 and a gentleman asked some basic questions and had a new unit shipped to the home at no charge. This is my experience so far.

I had installed one of these two years ago. What I find almost as disconcerting as the complete lack of care shown by my townhouse neighbors to maybe call or at least notify the authorities about the alarm going off was the short time span and life expectancy of this device. It will be a long time before I buy another First Alert smoke detector.

This message is not necessarily for this post only, but for all those reporting a defective First-Alert P1210 smoke detector. For warranty call 1-800-323-9005.

They were experiencing "high call volume" and I had to wait a whole 2 min. I personally think that's impressive. But first of all, here is the solution - possibly - likely - time will tell. Use compressed air or compressor, blow into the SIDES of the unit to loosen dirt, bugs etc.

Then vacuum out. This should be done periodically since bugs and dirt will cause it to give false alarms.

@Jon Lee

I have a rental house full of these P1210 Units. One in the main hallway began sounding alarm at night then intermittently during the day.

The units were installed brand new in June of 2018. Another one in the Kitchen also sounded once in a while and we were not cooking. The Mfg Date was March 2018. We purchased a can of air and sprayed all the orifices we could fine.

It still went off so we sprayed it again. If I owned this house I would replace them all immediately with reliable alarms. I will call the consumer affairs nr but I am expecting a hassle since I don't have the invoice.

Yes I can call the owners. No, I will not...because it might appear we are cranky old *** Couple of hundred dollars will give me new and reliable alarms and maybe more sleep at night.

Would you want to take back a faulty item that someone has no proof when or where they bought it? Really now. Use your common sense and quit complaining.

@Anon

The manufacture date of the detector is printed on the back of the unit.

View more comments (5)
Product
First Alert P1210 Smoke Detector

Lowes in College Station, Texas - Good riddance

It is with great sadness that I write this post. My husband and I have depended on Lowe's for ALL of our home improvement needs for many years, BUT NO MORE!!!!! They have lied, and lied, and lied some more. Their customer service is HORRIBLE and they obviously do not give a damn if they make a sale or not. Today is Aug 28th. I have been trying to buy a new stove since August 2nd. Lowe's has screwed this sale on a hundred different levels a hundred different times. I truly believe that they are simply clueless robots that don't give a rat's behind about customers. GOOD BYE TO GOOD RIDDANCE !!!!!!!

Too bad you don't support your claim with some details of what went wrong. All too often in ordering appliances the problem is something the manufacturer has done rather than the store.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Did not stand behind the services
  • Customer service
  • Very frustrated and done with lowes
Problem with delivery
Loss

Lowes - False Advertising

4th of July ad stated purchase a John Deere lawn tractor and receive a $200 gift card by rebate. The sale was from 6/28 through 7/9 2018. I purchased a lawn tractor on 7/9/18 and did not see a qualifying date of 7/4 on the rebate form until after the purchase. I went ahead and submitted the rebate form and received notice that the date on my sales receipt did not qualify!! I have been a Lowes customer for many years and I am very upset at this situation. If Lowes continues to advertise one thing and then switches to another, this is definitely a "bait and switch". Needless to say, I am extremely upset by this. I expect some resolution to this.
Lowes Rebate
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - ABSOLUTELY RIPPED OFF

Just as all the other posts on here I got taken by Lowe's who sold this junk to me as the best thing since peanut butter. Three years ago I totally built a new deck replacing an old one that had been there for about 25 years. I build the deck with pressure treated materials including the decking itself. (NOT CHEAP) After completing the construction I asked the guy in Lowe's paint department what he would suggest I used as a paint/covering that would hold up in the Florida weather and he handed me a can of Olympic Restore It. Promised it would do the job and look good for many years. iI should add that the wood used was very dry with absolutely NO MOISTURE since it was in the sun with no rain touching it for the entire length of the construction. Well, I guess the time it has been there now sets a new standard as to definition of many years. The stuff is cracking and in some place beginning to peel. I bought it for two reasons....I wanted the color I could get plus the PROMISE OF LONGEVITY AND NEITHER PROMISE HAS BEEN TRUE. Now I'm facing the expense of somehow cleaning this junk off my deck and finding a GOOD REPLACEMENT.

Why didn't you buy plastic or composite decking if you don't want it to look like wood?

80% failure rate of all of these types of deck "restore" products and they are still selling them. Why? Because people believe the marketing hype and the 20 year old kids selling it.

Why would you put a product meant to restore old decks on a new deck? It's made to cover ugly split decks in order to add a few years to their life. A little research would show that cracking of this type od product is not uncommon.

SpottedZorse153
@Anonymous

IT'S PRETTY SIMPLE..........I WANTED THE COLOR INSTEAD OF THE OFF THE SHELF PRODUCT. BESIDES..........IF IT'S OKAY TO REFINISH THE WOOD WHY WOULDN'T IT BE OKAY TO PROTECT THE NEW WOOD?

@SpottedZorse153

Most people would protect the deck with a good oil stain or sealer. You may have had to go elsewhere to get the color you want but putting restore on a deck and hiding the looks of the wood doesn't make sense.

SpottedZorse153
@Anonymous

obviously you don't understand the SIMPLE PART. I DID NOT WANT THE WOOD COLOR NOR THE AGED WOOD COLOR......I WANTED THE DECK COLOR I CHOSE. GOT IT?

View more comments (5)
Product
Olympic Paint And Stain Paint
Loss
Preferred solution
ADEQUATE REPLACEMENT PRODUCT PLUS ADDITIONAL FOR DECK ADD-ON

Lowes - Horrible communication and service

Twice our special order tile was delivered broken . Communication to get things ordered, measured impossible. No one would call back no one cared. As of now waiting for resending new tile for the THIRD time. We have used Lowes for window installation and that was sub par also. We are redoing a 120 year old house. We will NOT use or reccommend LOwes AGAIN and out shopping will be done at Home Depot.
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania - The old bait and switch

I have 3 lowes stores within 15 mi of me. One had Char-Broil grill for $199.99 but sold out, they sent me to another lowes because they had 4 in stock got there and they had 1 left that was damaged but still 199.99. Drove to another lowes that had 1 in stock but they priced it at 799.00 and wouldn’t honor the other stores prices. So they do price matching but they don’t price match there own prices? I’ll now shop at Home Depot.
Pricing issue