Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes - Target gift card catastrophe

3.0
Had gift card stolen purchased in Cartersville Georgia they gave me absolutely no help though they knew and could see on the film who stoled the card would not cooperate

It's not that they don't want to help. They cannot help.

It is in the policy that they cannot reimburse for a gift card. No matter the circumstances. Since you bought it, you are responsible for it. Report the theft to the police.

Lowe's can and will provide the police information to track the thief. It's all they can do.

Lowes in Silverthorne, Colorado - Terrible

1.8
This company is unorganized and cannot process orders online. They are always out of stock so the items get cancelled and then you have to try and reorder. They are just a *** company. Complete lack of leadership in the stores and never even close to enough employees. If an item is out of stock the employees are not able to look up and see if more are ordered, or, better yet, order one for me. What? is it really 2018 and there computer system doesn't tell the employee what is coming to the store? I have walked through an entire store and not seen one employee until I get to the front Customer Service counter where there are five employees all standing around talking. I hope they go out of business so another company can buy them up and at least do a mediocre job. They are just absolutely incompetent.

Because lowes treat there employees like crap that's why they don't have enough people working there.

Why would they put the time, money, and effort into the things you are complaining about when for every person who is dissatisfied will be replaced by twenty other customers? As long as people flock to them to buy stuff cheap, why would they spend the money to correct these issues?

It makes no business sense at all to them. That's what happens when there is little competition and low prices are the only way they can attract business.

Product quality and service go down because the only other place you can go is just as bad or worse. It's a race to the bottom and it's been going on for 40 years.

View more comments (1)
Preferred solution
I just want to leave feedback so they can get better. I don't need money just a competent decent store.
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Cincinnati, Ohio - Shoddy Work Created Fire Hazard. Won't Complete Remodel

Contracted for kitchen remodel. Lowes abandoned the contract and remodel when mistakes were discovered and repairs needed. Contacted Lowes President, Lowes Executive Customer Service, Local Building Inspector, BBB, and Ohio State Attorney General. VERBALLY, Lowes admitted mistakes. In writing, Lowes Central Production Dept is closing the case with no repairs to unsafe electrical. They have defaulted on contract by refusing to complete remodel, fix fire hazard, did not deliver one cabinet or install, etc.

Any updates on the situation? We have similar issues where they delivered cream and brown countertops when we picked grey and white and are refusing to replace it, not to mention the 15 other numerous issues that have gone on with mis-measurements of cabinets and nickel and diming is for things they cannot provide that we have already paid for...

Lowe's doesn't do remodels. They contract it out to local contractors.

You will actually need to sue the contractor.

Lowe's can and will weasel out of any and all liability for the work that has been done. Your attorney will figure that out pretty quickly.

@Anonymous

Thank you, you're so right. I am now working with attorneys...

h.kitchener

Contact an attorney and sue them. That's the only thing they will take seriously.

@h.kitchener

Thank you. Working on that with advice from 2 firms.

View more comments (4)
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Cleveland, Tennessee - Fence installation and gate

paid 6000thousand with my lowes credit card for fence installation and they did A *** JOB HAVE TO BE ON TOP OF THE CONTRACTORS TO FINISH THE JOB..TO NOW THEY HAVENT EVEN FILLED THE POLE HOLES WITH THE SAND..ALSO ORDER A GATE THAT COST ME 900 FOR INSTALLATION AND THE GATE AND THE GATE WAS HORRIBLE ON SIDE HIGHER THAN THE OTHER..TOLD THEM DINT WANT IT THEY SEND IT BACK TO LOWES AND NOW THEY DONT WANT TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK..THEY ARE A BUNCH OF THIEVES GOING TO HAVE TO HIRE A LAWYER IF THEY DONT GIVE BACK MY REFUND.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Full refund

Lowes in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania - Now hiring the most obviously ignorant people in Customer Service!

1.8

Update by user Sep 05, 2018

Went in to pay bill, where do they find these surly people? If I hated my job, you can be certain I'd find another. I have not been contacted, I will pay this off and as long as there are still Home Depot's or True Value, I do not need to patronize an operation that cannot train employees common courtesy.

Original review posted by user Aug 06, 2018

Don't take my word for it, go there and stand at customer service and WAIT for one of these people to even acknowledge your existence...or even make EYE CONTACT. I stood 5 feet from a 'CUSTOMER SERVICE REP' who stood at the register in front of her for more than 5 minutes, not waiting on anyone, looking down at her PHONE, not even looking up to see I was waiting to PAY MY CC BILL. She finally, without even looking at me, turned to another loitering 'employee' who was doing nothing at returns and asked her to 'take care of this guy'-RUDE, NON-PROFESSIONAL, AND DOWN-RIGHT IGNORANT. I will pay off my balance at Lowes and will patronize the HOME DEPOT that is 1/2 mile away instead-this is a COMMON OCCURANCE at this location, frequent enough that it is not just a fluke. Lowes Corporate, PAY ATTENTION, my neighbors all seem to concur with my observations.

I did try to call the store manager, was put on hold repeatedly for almost one hour. No accountability.

@Anonymous

Then Call Customer Care!

Lowes corporate doesnt use this. if you want to make a formal complaint... ask for a Store Manager or call customer care.

Unfortunately, this is the state of retail in the age of big box retail. As an insider, I know It’s all about hitting the high sales numbers not profit.

In order to do that they have to keep the prices low, on some items, even at a loss. They have little control over the cost of goods, and total control over thier labor costs. These wokers make $10.00 an hour, and half of the customers they have to deal with, are appallingly abusive. After a while, I have seen it wear out the most friendly and competant Customer Service Associate.

In general Home Depot is the same way. For the consumer, I would suggest that you take your business to a higher priced local or smaller chain of hardware store where the employees are more motivated by higher compensation.

And... For the Customer Service Associate, I would suggest that you pursue employment at such a store that doesn’t cater to such unreasonable “low rent” customers that have learned that, if they are abusive and “I want to speak to a manager”, then they will get even a bigger discount on their cheap goods.

h.kitchener

The sad thing is that this is not uncommon with many retailers. Good, presentable people who can and will do the job they are hired for are becoming increasingly rare.

The fact that, in your case the employee was allowed to have her cell phone turned on during working hours is bad enough without her staring at it for minutes at a time as if it were a just fried pan of side pork.

Unreliable, inept and lazy employees are now common. Shop at stores that tend to hire better people.

Stop crying

@Anonymous 101

How about ‘stop trolling’...

@Anonymous 101

Stop trolling

View more comments (7)
Review
Cons
  • Ignorant employees
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Columbus, Ohio - Improvement is needed!

3.0

Update by user Aug 21, 2018

Manager was able to locate a replacement (new) and delivered the new one in a short period. All parties are satisfied at this point.

Update by user Aug 07, 2018

I have been contacted by Lowe's corporate and they are working on a solution at this time. I also stopped in at the local store to get the straight story since they failed to call yesterday 08/06/18 as promised.

The item has been discontinued I was told and they would work with me to satisfy our purchase agreement with them. It is unfortunate that I had to take time out of my day to get an answer to my issue.

I hope that moving forward they will recommit to a quality customer care in the future to avoid such issues as this. All we ask is to have a resolved issue and honesty in communications.

Original review posted by user Aug 06, 2018

Received a damaged washing machine which was purchased new out of the box on 7/31/18 and after contacting the support team we were assured we would get another one to exchange. We did on 8/5/18 and it was also damaged from paint. Delivery team showed us a form stating we had purchased the floor model. Not true! We contacted the store and spoke to the assistant manager who assured we would be contacted on 8/6/18 with another date for delivery and an answer to why they brought out the floor model. Well, you can already come to the conclusion that no-one bothered to speak with us. We have shopped for all of our big purchases at the Lowe's in the Easton shopping center on Morse Crossing and we are disappointed by the poor service they have shown us. All we want is what we originally paid for, which was a brand new washer.
Review
Cons
  • Customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • customer servive

Lowes - Disappointed with additional costs after installation

4.1
I already gave a good rating on the phone to my Lowe's fence installers on day of completion here in Pensacola, even though they left without installing the second gate. They said tree roots prevented then ftom digging deep enough--with a manual post-hole digger--to sink the larger gate post. I believed them. When someone came to work on my sprinkler system a few days later, he brought an auger and installed the gate pretty quickly. He also discovered that the fence installers HAD managed to dig deeply enough to bust my water pipe (hence problem with sprinklers). I wouldn't complain, but two years ago, when I bought this house, I bought carpet and arranged for Lowe's to contract with installer six weeks before the day of my move-in. There was delay after delay (install coordinator blamed a new computer system), and installers showed up a few days after all my furniture was in place. So, big mess, they moved furniture outside, and, of course, it rained. Perhaps it is the outsude contractors who are the problem, but I am disappointed that I had to pay an additional fee to someone to fix water pipe and install gate. I am planning to remodel my kitchen and bath, and had hoped to use Lowe's, as my brother has had more positive experiences with them. I will think more carefully about them in the future.
Review
Pros
  • That i was able to use my lowes card to pay over time
Bad quality

Lowes - Felt Ignored

Went in on June 22, 2018 and met with Kaitlin Winn to help a friend remodel their master bathroom. We spent a couple of hours there selecting everything we needed -- vanities, plumbing fixtures, tile, lighting fixtures, countertops, etc. Then, nothing happened. We contacted Kaitlin to find out what was taking so long and she said they were behind in their scheduling but would have the contractor contact us. Never heard from them. Sent more emails, but heard nothing. No communication at all. They could have at least sent emails to let us know what was going on. NOTHING. We had to find another contractor to do the work and go through the whole selection process again. THEY HAVE NOW COME IN TIED WITH HOME DEPOT!

Why wouldn't you go directly to a contractor in the first place. All Lowes is going to do is hire a local contractor for you and mark up the prices the contractors charge for hiring them for you.

If you were a contractor who would you take care of first? The customer that hired you directly or a store who is going to be acting as a middleman for a project which creates an extra step in communication throughout the project?

Lowes - Flooring contractor pay

4.7
What are the rates for Lowes and Home Depot flooring Installers? For carpet, hardwood, vinyl, laminate, tile?

Why would you ask a question like that here? Why wouldn't you just check with your local store?

Many things will cause the costs to vary across the nation. Rates in one part of the country may be higher due to higher costs of living and pay scales than an area with a low cost of living. I'll bet the rates are considerably hinger in L.A. California than say Lincoln Nebraska.

Then there are promotions the stores may be running as well. Any answer you get here may be far different than what you would see in your area.

Lowes - Awful customer service and product

1.6
We bought a washer and dryer 1.5 years ago. Got the warranty and of course, our dryer went out. Repairman came out first week of July to fix it and said he needed to order 4 limits. They would be in by July 20th. That got pushed to skull 27th and finally August 21st. After multiple calls, they bought back. We fixed the damn thing ourselves within two days. They left us hanging for a month. Also they failed to tel us about the $50 payment they are supposed to send if they can’t repair it within 14 days. Never again!
Order processing issue