Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes review: Very unprofessional & unreliable

1.9
Had a sales rep come out on 6/7/18 for a fence & installation quote. Ask how long it would take to install the fence & was told they were 4 weeks out & I was ok with that so fence was purchased & everything was scheduled. Subcontractor came out to remeasure the yard on 06/12/18, asked him what date the fence would be installed & he told me 7/6/18 which was around the 4 week mark that the Lowes sales rep told me so ok great! During the next few weeks there was no comminication from Lowes or the subcontractor. July 6th comes and no one shows up at the house so I call my Lowes "Project Coordinator" my call goes directly to voicemail so I leave a message. I give it 24hrs & hear nothing back so I call again and again my call goes straight to voicemail & another message is left. This pattern continues for 4 days and no one calls me back. I email my sales rep 7/10/18 who then informs me that my "Project Coordinator" is no longer employed with Lowes & I was assigned a new "Project Coordinator". He gives me the new name & phone# & tells me to call her since he's currently on vacation. I call the new "Project Coordinator" & again my calls go directly to voicemail, messages were left, & no one contacted me back. Frustrated I call Lowes customer service on 7/11/18 to see what the &*$# is going on. They have no clue & ask me to call the subcontractor. I refuse to do so because that's not my job it's theirs! They conference call the subcontractor & he's out to lunch...of course he is! He'll call me back when he gets in. About 10 minutes later the subcontractor calls me back (at least I got a call back from someone right?). He proceeds to inform me that Lowes had an issue with my order due to the fired "Project Coordinator" (seems like more people should be fired for incompetence) & that due to that & weather my fence installation would need to be changed to 8/29/18. Ok I understand, it's been really rainy and I want my fence installed properly. On 08/28/18 Lowes delivers my fence & materials in huge pallets left on my driveway. GREAT! Tomorrow my fence will finally be installed! Nope today is 8/29/18 & no one shows up to install the fence. I call the subcontractor who tells me that he has me scheduled for 9/6/18 & doesn't know where I got a schedule date of 8/29/18. I tell him that I have an email from them telling me this! He asks who the email was from & when I tell him he apologizes & says that that person is no longer with their company. OMFG!!! SERIOUSLY? So now I have huge pallets of expensive fencing materials in my driveway that I have to guard with my life for almost an entire week to ensure that no one tries to steal them because my garage is full of crates of cement. This is just inexcusable & highly unprofessional! Once my fence is installed (hopefully next week but I doubt it) I am cutting up my Lowes card & never using them again.

Exact same experience. Told on 6/14 fence would be installed in 3-4 weeks.

They attempted to deliver Materials end of August but I wouldn’t allow them to leave the materials sitting in my yard for month and half since install got pushed back to mid October. Never using Lowes again

Lowes Fence Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes review: These alarms are failing in mass at my apartment complex

When I go to Lowes to complain that my first alert P1210 model is failing in Mass at my apartment complex they won't take them back without a receipt and feel it is first alerts problem not theirs. I used to think they were a good company but not anymore. They went from being a good company to the pits! Bring back the one-year First Alert alarms and I will gladly change the batteries. I demand new smoke alarms that actually last 10 years! I know plenty of other people are having trouble with these alarms. I have a maintenance man who moonlights from a large complex and he told me they take these back regularly and they regret ever having put them in. this company really needs to be held accountable for poor product that does not do what they originally claimed it to do.

Today’s date November 20,2018 I recently had one out of 8 first alert P1210 model with a manufacturing date of 07-31-2017 ( purchased and installed from Lowe’s in November 2017) continuing to go off. First time scared us due to being at 3:00 in the morning!

I researched online to blow it out and vacuum what I could even though nothing came out. Then it went off again.

So I called First Alert consumer affairs number 1-800-323-9005 and a gentleman asked some basic questions and had a new unit shipped to the home at no charge. This is my experience so far.

I had installed one of these two years ago. What I find almost as disconcerting as the complete lack of care shown by my townhouse neighbors to maybe call or at least notify the authorities about the alarm going off was the short time span and life expectancy of this device. It will be a long time before I buy another First Alert smoke detector.

This message is not necessarily for this post only, but for all those reporting a defective First-Alert P1210 smoke detector. For warranty call 1-800-323-9005.

They were experiencing "high call volume" and I had to wait a whole 2 min. I personally think that's impressive. But first of all, here is the solution - possibly - likely - time will tell. Use compressed air or compressor, blow into the SIDES of the unit to loosen dirt, bugs etc.

Then vacuum out. This should be done periodically since bugs and dirt will cause it to give false alarms.

@Jon Lee

I have a rental house full of these P1210 Units. One in the main hallway began sounding alarm at night then intermittently during the day.

The units were installed brand new in June of 2018. Another one in the Kitchen also sounded once in a while and we were not cooking. The Mfg Date was March 2018. We purchased a can of air and sprayed all the orifices we could fine.

It still went off so we sprayed it again. If I owned this house I would replace them all immediately with reliable alarms. I will call the consumer affairs nr but I am expecting a hassle since I don't have the invoice.

Yes I can call the owners. No, I will not...because it might appear we are cranky old *** Couple of hundred dollars will give me new and reliable alarms and maybe more sleep at night.

Would you want to take back a faulty item that someone has no proof when or where they bought it? Really now. Use your common sense and quit complaining.

@Anon

The manufacture date of the detector is printed on the back of the unit.

View more comments (5)
First Alert P1210 Smoke Detector

Lowes review in College Station, Texas: Good riddance

It is with great sadness that I write this post. My husband and I have depended on Lowe's for ALL of our home improvement needs for many years, BUT NO MORE!!!!! They have lied, and lied, and lied some more. Their customer service is HORRIBLE and they obviously do not give a damn if they make a sale or not. Today is Aug 28th. I have been trying to buy a new stove since August 2nd. Lowe's has screwed this sale on a hundred different levels a hundred different times. I truly believe that they are simply clueless robots that don't give a rat's behind about customers. GOOD BYE TO GOOD RIDDANCE !!!!!!!

Too bad you don't support your claim with some details of what went wrong. All too often in ordering appliances the problem is something the manufacturer has done rather than the store.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Did not stand behind the services
  • Very frustrated and done with lowes
Problem with delivery
Loss

Lowes review: False Advertising

4th of July ad stated purchase a John Deere lawn tractor and receive a $200 gift card by rebate. The sale was from 6/28 through 7/9 2018. I purchased a lawn tractor on 7/9/18 and did not see a qualifying date of 7/4 on the rebate form until after the purchase. I went ahead and submitted the rebate form and received notice that the date on my sales receipt did not qualify!! I have been a Lowes customer for many years and I am very upset at this situation. If Lowes continues to advertise one thing and then switches to another, this is definitely a "bait and switch". Needless to say, I am extremely upset by this. I expect some resolution to this.
Lowes Rebate
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes review: ABSOLUTELY RIPPED OFF

Just as all the other posts on here I got taken by Lowe's who sold this junk to me as the best thing since peanut butter. Three years ago I totally built a new deck replacing an old one that had been there for about 25 years. I build the deck with pressure treated materials including the decking itself. (NOT CHEAP) After completing the construction I asked the guy in Lowe's paint department what he would suggest I used as a paint/covering that would hold up in the Florida weather and he handed me a can of Olympic Restore It. Promised it would do the job and look good for many years. iI should add that the wood used was very dry with absolutely NO MOISTURE since it was in the sun with no rain touching it for the entire length of the construction. Well, I guess the time it has been there now sets a new standard as to definition of many years. The stuff is cracking and in some place beginning to peel. I bought it for two reasons....I wanted the color I could get plus the PROMISE OF LONGEVITY AND NEITHER PROMISE HAS BEEN TRUE. Now I'm facing the expense of somehow cleaning this junk off my deck and finding a GOOD REPLACEMENT.

Why didn't you buy plastic or composite decking if you don't want it to look like wood?

80% failure rate of all of these types of deck "restore" products and they are still selling them. Why? Because people believe the marketing hype and the 20 year old kids selling it.

Why would you put a product meant to restore old decks on a new deck? It's made to cover ugly split decks in order to add a few years to their life. A little research would show that cracking of this type od product is not uncommon.

BOB B
@Anonymous

IT'S PRETTY SIMPLE..........I WANTED THE COLOR INSTEAD OF THE OFF THE SHELF PRODUCT. BESIDES..........IF IT'S OKAY TO REFINISH THE WOOD WHY WOULDN'T IT BE OKAY TO PROTECT THE NEW WOOD?

@BOB B

Most people would protect the deck with a good oil stain or sealer. You may have had to go elsewhere to get the color you want but putting restore on a deck and hiding the looks of the wood doesn't make sense.

BOB B
@Anonymous

obviously you don't understand the SIMPLE PART. I DID NOT WANT THE WOOD COLOR NOR THE AGED WOOD COLOR......I WANTED THE DECK COLOR I CHOSE. GOT IT?

View more comments (5)
Olympic Paint And Stain Paint
Loss
Preferred solution
ADEQUATE REPLACEMENT PRODUCT PLUS ADDITIONAL FOR DECK ADD-ON

Lowes review: Horrible communication and service

Twice our special order tile was delivered broken . Communication to get things ordered, measured impossible. No one would call back no one cared. As of now waiting for resending new tile for the THIRD time. We have used Lowes for window installation and that was sub par also. We are redoing a 120 year old house. We will NOT use or reccommend LOwes AGAIN and out shopping will be done at Home Depot.
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes review in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania: The old bait and switch

I have 3 lowes stores within 15 mi of me. One had Char-Broil grill for $199.99 but sold out, they sent me to another lowes because they had 4 in stock got there and they had 1 left that was damaged but still 199.99. Drove to another lowes that had 1 in stock but they priced it at 799.00 and wouldn’t honor the other stores prices. So they do price matching but they don’t price match there own prices? I’ll now shop at Home Depot.
Pricing issue

Lowes review: Totally dissatisfied with delivery

Ordered a $5000 generator and paid for it to be delivered. Received txt telling me when it would be delivered. It was not delivered and no call or txt was received informing me it wasn’t going to be delivered. Only when i called was I informed it was going to be an extra week before it was delivered (if then). Totally dissatisfied with the “service” maybe Home Depot is the place to shop from now on. Don’t get suckered in go to Home Depot.
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes review: Bring Home Depot to Mooresville NC

1.5
The Lowes in Mooresville NC is a joke. How can a store located in the very same town as the corporate location be so terrible. Store staff doesn't care. Stock is never out. Choices are very slim to none. For a home owner that wabts to spend thousands of dollars with a local home improvment store I have elected to suck up the drive down I-77 to Cornelius and spend my money. I just don't get it. I guess it's why Home Depot is killing them on sales and service. Wake up Lowes YOU ARE LOSING SALES AND CUSTOMERS!!!
Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service

Lowes review: Synchrony closed my account

I did like lowes . I was a good customer until my son, got into our account and wiped us out. not once but twice. that will never happen again let me tell you. I fought very hard to get all my accounts back on track. every one worked with me but synchrony. I made payments, and tried to get it back on track. it was hard. and just when I was feeling better, things were looking well, my credit report came up, I get the the message that my account was closed I know this was my sons fault, never the less , I was hurt another time. I still get teary when I think about it. may be they did me a favor. I still think they could of contacted me, somehow, and maybe helped mne work thru this. yeah synchrony bank

I did go to synchrony, and some how this was where they sent me. i'm not blaming anybody.

there is nothing anyone can do. soooo, im just not going back.

if I would have been contacted, maybe things would be different. AND, everything is automated.trying to talk to a real person is next to impossible.

First of all, why is your complaint on a Lowes board, your complaint is with Synchrony. Second, they are not responsible for rebuilding your credit. You are looking to blame others for your problems rather than placing them squarely on your son's shoulders where they belong.

View more comments (1)