store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Indifferent, unhelpful, unknowledgeable sales person | Lowes review

2.8
Went to my "favorite" Lowes, in Gloucester, VA, near my home, last Saurday afternoon, 9/8/2018, to buy a new freezer. After locating a sales person (young lady), I explained that our old freezer died the night before and we needed an immediate replacement. After selecting the model we wanted, she "checked her computer" and said it showed one in stock; however, she did not trust it and would go in the back and check. When she returned, she said they did NOT have that freezer in stock but could get us one in about seven days. I explained, again, we needed a freezer immediately to avoid losing everything in our old freezer and asked if they would sell me the display model, even though it had a few dings on it, it was new. She said definately not, the "big boss" would not consider selling a display because they would have to discount it because of the dings. She would not ask the "big boss" about selling the display model or call them out for a conversation with me. We selected another, largeer model freezer and went through the same experience, our computer shows we have two in stock but I will go in back and check, then, none in stock but can have one in about seven days. I have bought a lot of items from Lowes over the years and was staning in the store, cash in hand and needing a new freezer, and didn't get one. If this employee worked for me, she would be fired!! Absolutely no help and not willing to try to make something work for me. I will avoid Lowes in the future, if at all possible.

Couple things.. First, the employees work for their bosses.

Not the customers. So even though you want her to break the rules she cannot because she will get in trouble with her employer. The company makes the rules. Not her and not you.

Second, because she verified that there were actually zero on hand in the store you would fire her?? She should have checked another store but she cannot make the items magically appear.

#1562087

It is not store policy to sell displays. Until recently, Lowe’s was fairly lenient on bending that policy.

Now there is a new Board of Directors in place and the policy is strictly in place. I happen to agree with the policy, it makes good business sense on many levels, of which I will not get into detail on here. It keeps overall costs down which gets passed on to the consumer. The associate did as she should have.

The only additional thing she could have done is to check the inventory at near by stores and direct you to them. Certainly you would not want the Associate to jeopardize her job because of your unfortunate dilemma?

Machele

You should have talked to the store manager or even another, more capable employee in that department. Just taking the word of someone with apparent lack of knowledge does you no good.

@Machele

Requested meeting/conversation with the "big boss" and got blown off. I don't have time for games and bad attitudes.

Went to Sears and bought a brand new Kenmore freezer and a five year service contract, with a lot more personality, help and good will. I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Lowes; I think I will surrender my Lowes loyalty card!!!!

@FlashyRiverTurtle418

you're going to let 1 bad experience affect you? You said she was indifferent..

I'm sure if your experience was ""THAT"" bad you would have demanded a manager.

That's why they have customer service in the store. Sounds like you saved lowes a bad customer.

@AnonPerson

“Sounds like you saved lowes a bad customer.“ I agree.

View more comments (5)
Lowes Sales Representative
Pros
  • Location
Cons
  • Lack of help by sales staff
Tags
  • No Help From Sales Employees

Delivery | Lowes review

2.0
Ordered a Samsung refrigerator a week ago, delivery dates get pushed back 3 times, the supervisor of delivery service states that lowes dont have there own delivery trucks and that its an independent contractor, states its out of his hands, then how can you Be a supervisor of delivery service If you have no control
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

No help at store location. Could not find anyone in store | Lowes review from Richmond, Virginia

3.4
Cause your stores in my area 40218 have no one to help me with an ice maker convection. There for I would have to ride there amaybe waste my time if you can not help me. I could take my business elsewhere but that to is a ways away so I could be wasting my time there also. But on the custome device they were wonderful. Answered my guestionbright away. You need that kind of customer service in the stores

Your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Who was wonderful on "custome device"?

Who answered your "questionbright away"? Seems like you might want to take a little time and read your complaints before you post them to see if they make sense.

Do you mean ice maker conversion?

lowes is not affiliated with this site. they aren't going to answer you here.

What on earth is an ice maker convection? No wonder you couldn't find anyone to help you with it.

View more comments (3)

Arrogant salesman | Lowes review from Streetsboro, Ohio

1.8
Went to Lowe’s to ask about getting an estimate on window replacements and a new front door. Set up the in home visit. Email mailed the salesman 4 days before the visit and told him we were only interested in the front door since we decide to go with another company for the windows. He comes out and the first thing he says is “ I just got your email and just so you know I do not normally come out for just a front door”. We go through what door we want and tell him we will be making a decision in few days. Two days later I email and call him leaving a voicemail telling him we are ready to purchase the new front door with side lights and trim. Not one response back. We have heard nothing. Back to square one as I will not buy a door from Lowe’s if this is their response. Obviously they do not need a sale that bad. Front doors are not cheap.
Lowes Sales Representative
Poor customer service

Chat help on site absurdly wastes your time | Lowes review

3.5
Try to get a simple quick answer to a question about ordering, and you are subjected to a query about you before you can ask a question. Angered me so I decided not to order. Ridiculous that they are so data greedy they can't just answer a question. Lowe's was top of my choices, and I have spent thousands of dollars there, Topeka store, in recent years, but today it just fell completely off the list! I am so fed up with manipulative data grabs.

Never Again | Lowes review from Paris, Tennessee

My mother purchased an $11,000 floor 3 months ago and since it was special ordered floor had to pay for it up front. Still waiting on Legacy installers to install. Floor has to acclamatie.... it’s been in the House acclaimating for 2 months. This is crazy...... I bought a floor from 50 floor and from date of purchase to walking on my new floor was less than a month. Lowe’s and Legacy should take some training from 50 Floor! In the meantime, my 86 year old mother has been displaced for 2 months. Legacy has horrendous customer service so don’t even bother calling them. Lowe’s is no help either and it is apparent the two companies do not communicate. They never return your call. Legacy makes excuses and blames Lowe’s. Lowe’s makes excuses and blames Legacy. There is absolutely no coordination, only excuses!! If my mother wasn’t totally in love with the floor she purchased from Lowe’s, I would have her a floor from 50 floor down next week. Run as fast as you can from this business combo of Lowe’s + Legacy!
#1720781

i call B.S you mean to tell me a store from nashville came 2.5 hours out to paris to do your floors

Machele

I ran into a similar problem many years ago. Bottom line is that you cannot go just on time.

There are other factors to consider and perform. I found a good article concerning this: http://www.uptownfloors.com/preparation/acclimation.htm

View more comments (1)
Lowes Flooring Installation
Cons
  • Customer service received
Loss
Tags
  • Dismissive To Customers

WORST INSTALL EVER!!!! | Lowes review from Warren, Ohio

Lowes is the worst place to get carpet!! They installed my carpet Approx: $6300.00 and it has more "HUMPS" in it the a team of Camels !!!!!!! They never stretched the carpet on the install! Talked to Lowes store manager/and Lowes corporate, they said $2000.00 MORE dollars and well replace it.......WTF (if it was installed right in the first place none of this would have happened!) I live by my self and NEVER wore shoes on the carpet ever,and sweep it once a week! There RIPP OFF'S!!!!!!!!!I bought everything for my new house from them,curtains,shower doors ,vanities, paint,light fixtures,stain for my fence,bulbs,screws,the list go's on and on. And they treat me like this? I guess thats why its called L O W E S there' low" CAN ANY BODY HELP ME HERE??????
Lowes Carpet Installation
Bad quality
Loss

Can't check out | Lowes review from Indianapolis, Indiana

1.5
I was trying to get in line to check out and a Lowe's employee stood in front of me so other people could get in line ahead of me. I will never shop at the Lowe's on beachway drive again rude employees and evidently don't want me to check out so they can put it all back on the Shelf.
Poor customer service

I suggested my 93 year old mother buy a dishwasher from Lowe | Lowes review from Bedford Heights, Ohio

She bought it, had it installed, it worked - then it did not work. She has over $900 + in this thing. She has been washing dishes by hand since March 2018...it is Mid September now. Awful service. Incomprehensible. The aggravation she is enduring is effecting her health.

Yes. They took advantage of my eighty-year-old mother-in-law too they installed a bathtub and Surround.

$4500 later. they install the bathtub and Surround that we didn't pick out it was real cheap quality and it was crooked and they had to silicone everything since nothing fit the shower door was put on crooked doesn't close and no one seems to care.

They told us they hired General Contractors but it was just a handyman that did it and most the time he left before any part of the job was done. This was done out of Union City Tennessee Lowe's.

Rather poor complaint. When did she buy it?

How long did it work before it quit working? Was it still under warranty when it quit and if it was did she contact the manufacturer for repair under warranty?

If not has she called anyone for service? If she hasn't arranged for warranty repair or called for other service, she should.

@Anonymous

I'm trying to be nice. But she has done all the proper calls, notifications, writing, waiting in lines, repeated calls to store manager, salesperson, corporate office, installers, etc....nauseating barf!

The unit worked a short time. Yes!!!

Of course, still under warranty. A warranty is ONLY as good as the one giving it!

View more comments (2)
Product
Bosch Dishwasher
Bad quality

Lowes Profiling

I work for a home contractor in Baltimore who does approximately 2M dollars a year in the White Marsh store. On a regular basis, I need to send my workers to pick up materials. While my causcasian workers never have an issue, my African American or Hispanic workers are continually followed around the store by the store manager and a big lug that is supposed to be the loss prevention manager. After hearing about this, I went to the store with my employees to view it myself. And sure enough, the store manager comes out and follows my employees around if their skin was any darker than white. I confronted Brian the store manager and he hemmed and hawed, but he knew he was dead to rights. He tried to bribe us with discounts, but I am filing a discrimination lawsuit against him and the store.

It's always about racism, isn't it.

There is no law that states they cannot follow you around on THEIR PRIVATE PROPERTY!! If you don’t like it shop elsewhere.

You won’t get anywhere with a lawsuit or corporate because once again, ITS PRIVATE PROPERTY! They have every right to follow whomever they please on their PRIVATE PROPERTY to ensure nothing is stolen. It amazes me that yet another dumb person feels they have some greater right then the people that are being victimized by thief’s. Have you ever stopped and asked yourself why?

Maybe those employees are not as trustworthy as you have assumed. For all you know they could be stealing Lowe’s blind. You don’t watch them when they are in the store without you, your own people could be part of a big box theft ring. The point is they can follow you if they want and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it.

It’s their right to protect themselves. You making such a stink about it makes you look as guilty as can possibly be. Go ahead. Show the world YOUR lack of intelligence.

If you wouldn’t let a stranger in your house without watching them closely then you have no place to whine about them doing the EXACT same thing you would do.

Did you ever stop and think that they may have a serious problem with groups of men of color shoplifting? No, people like YOU won’t see past that nose stuck up in the air sadly.

They also discriminate against the elderly and take advantage of them. I'm Hispanic and had a complaint about an installation for my mother-in-law and the woman in the store hung up on me in the middle of the sentence great quality customer service! The worst service I've ever gotten in 30 years from Union City Tennessee Lowe's and their installation Department.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager
Pros
  • Store specialists
Cons
  • Unbelievably poor service