Filter by rating
Product:

Lowes in Union City, California - Price on bought items not acknowledged

1.1

Update by user Jul 31, 2018

I didn't pick this store for sale store. I had picked the closer Sunnyvale Lowes. Lowes.com picked this store for delivery without a known reason.

Original review posted by user Jul 31, 2018

I have done an online order during holiday of three appliances at Lowes.com with a 10% discount coupon. Last week I received a call from Lowe's union city, days before delivery, and I was told that the refrigerator in the order were damaged in their transportation. They asked my credit card for a reorder. Now, I have seen a higher separate charge on my credit card which reflects a no discount price of refrigerator. I called the Lowe's store but got either no answer or the ball kicked around. I went to my order online and found that the order on refrigerator has been cancelled and the other two items with no 10% off either. Am I dare to order at lowes.com with any promotion?

Agreed. online and in store orders are not sold in the same system.

You have 30 days from the original purchase to have those charges corrected. I'd call customer care and they'll be able to look at your orders. As long as they are able to pull up the orders they are pretty good at discounting orders for us customers.

I had a similar situation where a change was made to my order and their system took off the coupon and the associate didnt realise until after. they gave me the discount back.

The orders online were cancelled but you were still charged? Sounds like they put the order through the in store system.

In store and online use two different systems and neither talk to the other. Your best bet is walking straight to the customer service desk in store and asking for your 10% off.

It’s the communication between Lowe’s.com and the store. I was told that they cannot correct each other. So, it has been a waste of time calling customer care.

They probably didn't realise you had a promo code. Call their customer care.

View more comments (3)
Order processing issue

Lowes - Worst credit card ever!

The credit card company used by Lowes is not good. Every time I paid the card off...always on time...I would get a letter a couple of weeks later saying it never went thru the bank. The bank didnt reject the payment but somewhere along the way the wrong routing number was being keyed in. I called every time immediately and spent at least 30 minutes each time getting them to enter the correct bank routing number. They could see in the account that the right one was loaded in our payment information. They couldnt find why it wouldnt connect to the bank but it did when I called and they entered it while i was on the phone with them. This happened every time except the first 2 times i paid the card. I just received a letter saying they are closing my account because the card was 'rejected' too many times. It was never rejected by my bank, it never made it through to the bank. What kind of business are you running? Lowes get rid of that bank you use! I would never get another Lowes credit card!

Lowes has the worst customer support for credit services. Call after call to automated numbers and complacent apathetic customer service representatives..

all to just pay a bill. I prefer Lowes to Home Depot but I swear I will never spend another dollar in Lowes again.

Product
Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment

Lowes - Will never shop here again

my first big purchase from this place and I will never purchase anything from this place again. The product I purchased would not work correctly so I took it back to the store to return and I was denied anything , I had to myself call troubleshooting, which I had done and they still redused to give me an RA number to return the item because I could not return with out that ... customer service was not helpful at all, I was basically made to take care of it myself with no help from anyone but people denying my refund ... I still did not get my $450 refund, customer service in store and on the telephone were terrible , they did not want to listen to what I had to say or work with me .. I will never recommend this store to anyone nor ever step foot in there myself

You don't say what the product was or what the problem was. Manufacturers of certain items don't take their products back.

They have warranties that call for repair, rather than replacement of a defective product. That's why the retail store won't accept returns.

I'll bet if you had bothered looking at the return policy before you made the purchase you would have seen this. it's always a good idea to see what the return policies and warranties are before you purchase an expensive item at any store.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Lowes - 0 stars

July 18, 2018 We need to tell you about the ongoing terrible customer service experience that we have been dealing with since August of last year. We went to the Manchester, New Jersey store to plan and execute a complete kitchen makeover. We met with the in-store kitchen specialists for the planning. They were helpful and knowledgeable. A contractor was assigned and the work was begun. There were issues from the very beginning. A terrible lack of communication, scheduling issues, delivery issues, and issues with the execution of the plan. 1. A couple of walls were to be partially taken down. On one of the walls, the contractor had to return after the fact and finish removing two sections of the wall that were clearly supposed to be removed. This resulted in issues with the flooring. 2.During the laying of the flooring and installation of the saddles, the hard wood floor that had just been refinished was damaged. 3.When the refrigerator was installed, the line for the water dispenser and ice maker had *** in it. We still have no water or ice. 4.The floor is bubbling up, creating a trip hazard. During the entire process, we were told to talk to Saddikah who was to be our contact person in customer service. We never talked to her even once up to this day. She never returned any phone calls. We finally started to deal with Charles, the supervisor of customer service in central processing, about two months ago. About three weeks ago, a local Lowe’s customer service representative came to the house to inspect the floor. We still have not heard anything regarding satisfaction after making many phone calls to both the local representative and Charles. As of yesterday, July 17, we tried one last time to reach out to Charles. He never bothered to return our call. We are extremely dissatisfied with the experience from beginning to this point, which is not an end. We would greatly appreciate interference from your office in order to finally get these issues resolved. Needless to say, we will not be dealing with Lowe’s again for any reason. July 30, 2018 Follow up to previous: On June 4, 2018 we first contacted Charles, a Supervisor at Central Production. He indicated that he would look into the situation and get back to us. On June 5 Charles called and told us that Holly was assigned to our case and would be in touch. We spoke with her that day and sent pictures of the floor on the 6th. Holly said that she would have a Lowe’s representative, Brian, and a flooring consultant come to look at the floor. They came a couple of days later and said they would be contacting Central Production with their findings. On June 25th, nearly 2 weeks later, we called Charles to see what, if anything was being done for us. He did not answer, nor did he return our call. When we finally got in touch with Charles, he indicated that we would no longer be dealing with Holly. Cailin would now be our contact. We repeatedly called both Charles and Cailin over many days. Neither one answered our calls and we never received a return call. On or around July 18, we spoke with Eric Blahnik, Executive Customer Support. He was going to take over and was going to look into it and get back to us. On the 23rd, we called Eric. He called us back and indicated that he had no information yet. On the 26th, Eric called to inform us that they had concluded that the floor was incorrectly installed and they were working on reordering for reinstallation, but still had no answer for us on the ice maker issue. That is the last contact we have had from Lowe’s. This is an ongoing situation since August of last year. Nearly one year later, we still have no water dispenser or ice maker and our floor continues to bubble up, creating a trip hazard in the kitchen. This is unconscionable and we need to get a resolution sooner rather than later. We do NOT want Lowe’s back in this house for any reason. Therefore, the only acceptable resolution would be a generous refund in order to get the floor replaced by a contractor of our choosing, and a plumber to replace the defective line to the ice maker.

Did you ever get a resolution? Found your complaint while googling similar issues with installation and prolonged dispute with Lowe's.

Exactly Who do want tell this to? People who read this message or Lowes management or upper management?

View more comments (1)
Lowes Flooring Installation
Bad quality

Lowes - Pissed off. In Burlington NC

This was our 2nd full set of appliances from lowes. When they were delivered the 2 *** tore our new kitchen floor in 5 different places. After the first tear i showed it to them and asked them if they had a runner. They said yes but never put it down on the floor to cover it and tore our floor in 4 more huge places. The floor was less then a year old in our new house and they both acted not worried or didnt even say they were sorry. Since then we filed a claim and can not get anyone to call us back. Its going on 3 weeks now. And not even a call back. Now we have to replace the floor again which is going to cost 1600. 00 .

call their customer care.

Damaged or defective

Lowes in Huntington Beach, California - Deceptive coupons

3.1
I received a coupon from Lowe’s for $20 off if you spend over $100. I tried to order an item online for $170 but it would not take the coupon. I went to the store and the employees tried to use the coupon but they couldn’t use it either. They told me to order it online and I could pick it up at the store and pay for it and then I could use the coupon, but when I try to order it online it wouldn’t let me pick it up at the store. It was sent directly to my house. I took the receipt to the store and show them, several employees tried different ways to apply the $20 discount. Finally after many attempts one of the employees came back and said the coupon cannot be used for online orders. In large print it said “$20 off if you spend over $100.” In very fine print it said not used for online orders. I had to use a magnifying glass for the fine print. I could’ve gone to Home Depot and picked up the item that day but it was a little cheaper at Lowe’s in with a $20 discount I thought that would be a good deal. If Lowe’s carries an item that I can purchase someplace else for more money, I will buy it someplace else. If I can’t find an item someplace else or online then I’ll go to Lowe’s.

ALWAYS read fine print on any coupon you get. no matter where it's for.

Specifically says cannot be used online. Nothing they can do about that.

Sounds like you need to go the eye doctor.

View more comments (2)
Product
Lowes 20 Dollar Off Coupon
Cons
  • Deceptive advertising
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Lowe’s will be last on my places to buy list.
Tags
  • Miss Leading Offers

Lowes - Shipping department unprofessional

I ordered an in stock refrigerator, which Lowe’s advertised free shipping even to our small town. At time of purchase I was told guaranteed delivery of two weeks. The day before the delivery date I received a voice mail from there shipping department telling me it was going to be another week for my delivery. I had purchased 150lbs of beef because of their guaranteed date. Now I have to go purchase a deep freeze so my beef does not go bad. If they would have had the professionalism to call me a week ago I could have rescheduled the beef delivery but they don’t seem to care about their customers. Just look at how bad their reviews are.

Somehow it is someone else's fault you *** up because you bought 150 lbs of beef for a freezer that you didn't have yet...

Not to worry. Lowe’s has a good sale going on right now for chest freezers! 7.1 cft ONLY $168.00.

Why would you buy 150 pounds of food before you had the refrigerator? Even it it had arrived on time there may have been damage or it wouldn't work.

@Anonymous

I guess that’s what you would call “He put the cart before cow.” Lol Sorry for the bad joke... I couldn’t resist.

It’s late at night and I am sitting here reading Lowe’s complants.

Oh my... I am such a loser.

View more comments (3)
Problem with delivery

Lowes - Bad deliveries and Customer Service

Update by user Aug 29, 2018

They have done nothing to resolve my complaint and did not even question why I was cancelling MyLowes account. I have not returnded to any Lowes since the problem and now use Menards, Home Depot or Handyman Hardware.

Original review posted by user Jul 29, 2018

I placed a $2500 order for material in late April 2018, with delivery scheduled the first weekend of May. The delivery was confirmed in store, over the phone and by e-mail. I waited all day for the delivery on the scheduled day but heard nothing from the store about my delivery. I called 2 hours before the end of their delivery schedule to find out where my delivery was and they said all the deliveries for the day had gone out. They did not have answer as to why mine had not gone out. I called customer service and they said someone from the store would contact me the next day. No one from the store ever contacted me. They did try to deliver the order on Monday, when I was at work and not at my request. Since they tried to deliver the material, even though I had not approved a Monday delivery, they took the money out of my account anyway. I went to the store on Tuesday to find out why they had not delivered on Saturday, why no one had called me about not delivering the material, why they tried to deliver the material when I would not be at home and did not want it delivered then and why they had taken the money out of my account. After asking for the store manager, I was sent an assistant manager to take care of me. He had no answers for me and only offered to reschedule the delivery or give me my money back. I said I wanted my money back since they should not of taken it out of my account. I wanted to talk with the store manager about all the problems I had had and left him a letter with my concerns and questions. One of my new concerns was the fact that after they took the money out of my account without delivering the material, they were just going to wait for me to contact them. In other words they had my money and were fine with not delivering the material. After getting fed up with the local stores lack of concern and customer service I contacted their corporate offices through a direct e-mail to the president. This got me an executive customer service rep and I thought everything would be great from there. She got me set up with a meeting with the store manager, which after his apolgizing for the problems I had incurred, we got the delivery rescheduled with no fee and some discounts. Great I thought, although at this point it is 2 months later. On the delivery day this time I get a call, nevere got onbefore like I was suppose to, saying they didn't have part of the delivery and had to find another store to get it from. They had 2 weeks to get my delivery ready with everything there and still couldn't do it right. They delivered half the material that day but never contacted me about the rest of the delivery, which again I had already paid for. Eleven days later I finally contacted them, and they still had to find another store with the product. Again they had my money and were not concerened about if I got everything I ordered. If I had not called I believe they would have never delivered the rest of my material. And in the end I took the delivery for the rest of the material on a day I did not want, just because who knows what would of happened if I did not. NEVER going back to Lowes again.
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Maplewood, Missouri - Cant return any item to any store even though the receipt states you can

2.7

Update by user Jul 29, 2018

Offered a nice in store credit to use as I wish for my time (90 minutes), and driving to return item at a different store.

Update by user Jul 29, 2018

Update, 4 hours after the attempted return: Just received a call from the head store manager at Lowes where I was told there is no way they can do the return. The first thing he says is "I understand you were in the store earlier trying to make a return and it did not go as expected, please if you would explain to me in your own words what happened".

OK, not that's what I expect to hear...concern, admission that there was a problem and willingness to rectify it. After the explanation he states "you are correct and it was our problem and we made it yours" exactly what a customer wants to hear in a situation like this. He also mentioned that there are two other big box hardware stores within a 1/2 mile of his location...recognizing and respecting that consumers have choices and he wants my business (or someone else will get it). He then makes what I would term a more than fair offer for a in store credit that I can stop by and get from him personally next week.

That's the way its supposed to work. Folks if you know you are right and have legal and moral ground to pursuit it, do so in a non emotional but yet very persistent way and you will often be rewarded.

Original review posted by user Jul 29, 2018

Purchased a $250. Troy built string trimmer at a Lowes store I was close to. Went home and read customer reviews. Discovered that not only was that model discontinued, it had horrible reviews. The following day I went to the Lowes that was much closer to my home. They told me that they could not return the trimmer even though the box had never been opened because "it was not in inventory list" and the only thing I could do was to return it to the other Lowes store. To which I replied, my receipt is a contract, and the back of it states I can return to ANY Lowes store nation wide. Then ask for store manager, Tom, who frankly was not all that sympathetic. Folks, if you have a receipt with term and conditions and it states you can return an item to ANY store then you should be able to or its consumer fraud. After standing there for 30 minutes wile they tried to "add it to their store inventory list" but it would not let them according to their claims, I called Lowes Corporate customer service who basically told me the same thing but in a nicer way. I offered to return it to the other store, but they would need to pay me since they were hiring me to be a courier service. Basically, time is money and they broke their contract with the customer. No luck. Couple of observations: If a store make an agreement by contract (and prints it on the receipt) that you can return any (non special order) item to any store in the country within the number of days one is allowed (in this case less than 24 hours) then you'd better honor that, otherwise its fraud. Its not the customers problem to deal with the stores IT and inventory issues that they are unable to add it to their inventory Give the store manager some ability to make a decision or at least amends in cases like this. They could have accepted the refund and shipped it to the other store...but that would have involved them doing paperwork! They could have given me a $20 gift certificate, but all I received the its the only way attitude from those at the store. Bottom line: as a consumer know your rights. The terms of the sale are printed on your receipt. They are legally obligated to honor them. Ended up driving across town to return item at original store...but what it would have been 100's of miles away? When I returned to the other store, their customer service/returns told me that the first store should have been able to override this issue and take the return. Told the corporate office people to call me so we can discuss, I feel there is some entitlement to having blown 90 minutes of time and driving 15 miles out of my way to make a return. Lesson: Be the squeaky wheel when you are in the right, and hopefully it will pay off.
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Selection
Cons
  • Lack of training employees
  • Manager response
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Milwaukie, Oregon - Disappointed

Went to Lowes with a printout from their website of the bbq that I wanted to purchase. The guy in the bbq department told me to go to customer service to make the purchase. The guy there told me that he cannot do that and to go back to the bbq area. Couldn't find anyone there for over 10 minutes. Then they wanted to send me back to customer service. I was soooooo done. I guess that Lowes doesn't want to sell bbqs. BTW the guy in customer service seemed sincere that he couldn't do anything to help. The guys in bbq couldn't care less. This is ridiculous that the guys on the floor don't want to help let alone sell products that i was ready to buy
Poor customer service