Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes - Avoid this store!

Only rating it a 1 because there is no 0. This store is to be avoided at all costs. Staff are incompetent, rude and lazy. What does that say about management? I have tried buying from this store because it's close to where I live. Never again! It's worth driving 100 km if you have to. Again: {{Redacted}}

Curiousgorilla514: I do not work for Lowes. I work in an entirely different industry.

what the *** do you expect from a "self service home improvement warehouse"? The same service a locally owned store would give you?

@Anonymous

Sounds like a freshly minted lowes manager has responded. Fortunately we have other self serve stores here that don't fail as consistently as lowes.

You guys need an award of some sort.

Failure like this should be properly recognized. Should be part of your 1/2 day training.

@CuriousGorilla514

Then apply to Lowes to be a manager and implement the changes you want.

@Anonymous

Wouldn't want to nudge you out of your dream job.

@CuriousGorilla514

Typical loser's lament, "you must work for(insert company). Go through these pages and that's the first thing you'll see when someone is confronted with a well thought out comment that doesn't match their lame narrative.

There's another one...

View more comments (7)
Review
#1311939 Review #1311939 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Poor customer service

Lowes in Nottingham, Maryland - Stainless steel rusted along with the rusting of the body of the grill

3.1
I purchased my grill equipped with lights, extra outside burner along with the 5 regular burners about 6 and a half years ago. Lowes had assembled it. I had to purchase a special cover. The outside was stainless, I thought it would last a long time as most of the grill was protected under a covered area on the deck, since it was only used by the 2 of us most of the time. After a couple of years, I noticed that the outside stainless steel had rust marks even after I cleaned and protected the outside with special cleaners, etc. Within a couple of years after the stainless was showing rust, the body (bottom) of the grill started to rust and peel terribly resulting in *** that got larger and larger. I could see the propane bottle thru the opening. What is so odd, the grates and the other parts of the grill are in excellent shape. I was unable to take a picture of the hole in the body because of the darkness. A friend said it was dangerous having the hole above the propane bottle, soI am taking my grill to the dump!
Product
Master Forge Grill
Cons
  • How the stainless steel and body rusted thru
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Lost a customer

We bought a new B.B.Q. this past March and paid for them to assemble it. I bet we have used it ten times since then. This past weekend it would not work so we contacted the store and told the manager. We wanted it fixed or a refund considering it cost $450.00. A very rude response was given saying we should have bought an extended warranty and they would not refund or exchange it. WOW! A whole 3 months and this is what they offer? Our last one was 20 years old and still worked but just rusted out. Maybe this employee should have looked at our profile and the many thousands we have spent there over the years. It is a shame to have this level of terrible service come from any store but one that earns mega millions in profit makes it even worse. I have no options for repairs also. If I do find one it won't be free either. This company has plenty of competition and has made a bad call. All failure begins just like this. Gosh how I wish for the old days when customers meant something. Disgusted and moving forward to let all know to stay away. Shame on Lowes.

They cannot look at your "profile" and see how big of a customer you are. There are no profiles. There is no system to keep track of such a ridiculous thing.

It is not the responsibility of a retail store to stand behind a product. It is the manufacturer that stands behind the product.

My guess is you complaint leaves out the part where they told you that you would have to contact the manufacturer for warranty coverage. Get out your paperwork that came with the grill and follow the instructions for making a warranty claim with the manufacturer.

Lowe's doesn't manufacture BBQ's or anything else. So why in the world would you think you have a legit complaint against them?

The days of local businesses that stand behind what they sell are long gone, thanks to cheap *** *** that want cheaper prices. That's why Lowe's just sells the stuff and doesn't stand behind it. To be cheap.

So in effect you got exactly what you paid for. Cheap.

March wasn't 3 months ago. Quit puffing your story to make it sound sadder. What else are you lying about?

h.kitchener

You fail to say exactly why "it would not work." You expect far too much from the seller of an item if you cannot explain to them or the manufacturer what the problem is.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Terrible service
Full refund

Lowes in Avon, Indiana - Lowe's poor customer service and Fence Installation

Please do not use Lowe's for any home improvements (including Fence installation) If you are contacted by Ward Walker to set up an estimate...run and go with a locally owned company. I have spent over 2 months waiting for Lowe's to correct an incomplete and poorly installed fence. We moved into a brand new Westport home in Avon and although I had other options, I chose Lowe's to install out fence (HUGE MISTAKE). They hired independent contractors to do the work and although I knew this, was promised by Ward Walker that it would be installed without issue and he would make sure to it. I will never give Lowe's another dime of my money. I have escalated this to the corporate level with no resolve or repair. Lowe's is NOT a good company and please save yourself the trouble and go elsewhere.

Why wouldn't you go to a locally owned company anyway? Who do you think does the installations for Lowes? They Hire the local companies with the lowest bids to do their work and then add a nice markup and charge you more than you could have had the job done by hiring the local contractors on your own.

@Anonymous

For the warranty that I was promised. Clearly not worth it at all; however, it doesn't matter where I went in the first place, it should have been done correctly.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Failure to admit responsibility and resolve the issue
poorly installed and incomplete
Full refund
Tags
  • poor accountabilty

Lowes - Unacceptable service

3.0
I moved into a new apartment and needed a stove. I ordered my stove from lowes online June 27th. Delivery would be the 15th of July, which was longer then I wanted to wait, but the stove was a good price, so I waited. Then I got the email saying "get excited" your stove is on the way. It will be delivered the 15th. Then the morning of the 14th I had a phone call from Lowe's saying I wouldn't be getting my stove on the 15, as they didn't even have it in the store. It would be on the truck that night. After that I received a email saying it would be the 25th. I made several calls to Lowe's, and they could care less about the fact I don't have a stove at all and theirs "nothing" they can do about the delivery. They only have 2 delivery trucks and because I'm not local, I'm going to be the last delivery of the day. So tomorrow is the "day" if something else doesn't happen. But I will never order from Lowe's again! In November of last year I bought a washer and dryer from Lowe's and the service was way better. But after this experience, never again. They lost a customer. Lowe's of Brockport NY is who my complaint is about.
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes - Exceptional

Loews delivered on everything promised. They came and measured. Precision blinds did installation. They called and came schedule. Installer, Jay, was professional, quick and very accurate. Removed old verticals and installed three vertical within 45 minutes. Highly recommend....and very pleased! Rita Miller Cape Coral, FL {{Redacted}}
Lowes Blinds Installation
Good customer service

Lowes - People seem to agree

glad to read that there are so many people who would never make another purchase at lowes due to the poor service its not the products they sell but the entire tone of their operation both inside and outside . when the item was priced incorrectly the associates were not nice when asked to fix the store error. That was just the beginning , it gets worse for there on in when we needed customer service from the CEO down the line. hopefully people will reads most of these posts and think twice when making a purchase from the company.

so how did the store employees know that YOU didn't switch the prices?

Where do you plan on shopping that you will get perfect service? Just look at Home Depot and Menards. There are just as many people on their complaint boards that would never shop there again either.

View more comments (1)

Lowes - Incompetent

Incompetent sales people, had to have measurements done twice and still wrong, several delays, ended up being months, and hidden costs. Terrible experience.

Lowes - Worst customer service imaginable

1.9
the plumbing company who installed our sink did a faulty job. Since it was not a working part that failed it was solely due to shoddy land they wont give us the courtesy of fixing what they damaged in our home due to their contractors faux pas. You see they used the cheapest product un be known to us when they did the installation it worked then caused a massive flood when the hose came unconnected. it is sad to say that from the CEO down to the lowest paid associate they can only read from a script which does not apply to our problem. Seems their customer service reps have difficulty processing what is being told to them they just keep repeating their script in front of them, by now they have it memorized. And so my dear friends BUYER BEWARE

glad to read that there are so many others who woulkd never return to a lowes store so it just cannot be me

Sounds like someone is making a mountain out of a mole hill. Are you talking about a supply tube to a faucet or a drain hose from a dishwasher?

If it was a drain hose you are only talking about a few gallons of water...hardly a "massive flood".

You also neglect to say how long ago the sink was installed. Is it possible someone hit the "hose" and loosened it?

@Anonymous

sounds like you are working for lowes water up to my angle just shy of electrical outlets is a big deal it was one year past installation should never have happened it was the installation not a working part that we could have damaged. so there you go still I would steer clear of Lowes now and forever.

@Anonymous

buyer beware lowes has worst customer service from ceo down to lowly minimum wage associate. they are only capable of reading from the scripts provided tp them at time of hiring and never deviate right or wrong. They don't even comprehend the issue at hand they see what they want tp see or hear only.

@Anonymous

No, I don't work for Lowes, but I can understand the reality of life. Who knows what happened to the plumbing in a years time.

You would think if it was an installation problem it would have shown up before a year.

Sure, it's easy to blame the installer but who knows what hit or moved the plumbing over a years time. I'd be much more willing to believe it was an installation problem if it had happened within a few weeks.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Sink Installation
Cons
  • How we were treated when a problem arose nasty nasty
  • Will never shop at lowes again
$2000
Preferred solution
replace my destroyed bedroom capet due to flooding with carpeting they sell in their stores not asking for much.
Tags
  • Shoddy Workmanship
  • Buyer Beware Go Elsewhere

Lowes in Stafford, Virginia - Bad windows installation. Lack of customer service.

1.4
Poor quality installation. Contractor came twice to resolve but they don't have the expertise. They also told me they do not provide painting services..

You paid for a window installation. You got it.

You did not pay for a paint job. Paint your own house.

Exactly What is your complaint about?No-one is a mind reader.

What is your complaint? Why do you feel the installation is poor quality.

Is it because they didn't paint something that wasn't part of what they were paid to do?

If you have a real complaint, tell the story. Don't just get on your cell phone and say "poor quality", prove it by telling the whole story.

View more comments (2)