Rating: 5 Stars Clear all filters (89 of 4915 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Show
Rating:

Veterans Discount Review

4.7
After paying for a new driver license with Veteran status,Lowes has discontinued the veterans discount. We spend a lot in their store and always appreciated the show of support it indicated. Please reinstate the discount. Allen Patton Sr.
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes review in Clay, New York: Condescending know it all male clerk

4.5
i was looking to replace my kitchen ceiling fan. It needed to be 44 inches. The clerk, mid 50's kakai shorts and the ever present red vest was sent to answer my questions. The third time he looked down on me and corrected me with "54 inch" and I informed him I heard him the first two times and thought he might have listened to me that I needed 44 inch fan point to point. He then laughed and said I had it all wrong, as I was explaining to him I measured and looked at the stock on line. He asked if I really knew how to use a computer. At that point I informed him I was not interested in his attitude and that I would be shopping at Home Depot ( where I got GREAT informative help). He then said asked of he had offended me and if so he hadn't realized it. I found that hard to believe and left. On my way out I asked to talk to the store manager and was told he was unavailable but would call me.....still waiting. I left wondering if I was back in the sixties
Review
#641962 Review #641962 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Sexist way i was treated
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes review in Raleigh, North Carolina: Kitchen sink disposal installation error in kitchen remodeling project

5.0
Plumbers claimed that disposal could only be installed under small sink which is not the sink we use for the preparation of food nor for clean-up. It would have been a more difficult installation under the larger sink, but we were not advised as to the feasibility of this. As it has turned out another plumber has advised us that there was also a code violation in your installation. I have contacted your "troubleshooters" who have all promised to help, but as of this date (4 months later), they continue to give me the run-around. I have been promised your attention to this matter, but it ends there, and each person I have dealt with leave me with the excuse that they will be "out of the office" for extended periods of time. We used Lowe's for our kitchen remodel, never realizing that our faith in your store was totally misplaced. Where do I turn from here?
Service
Lowes Installation
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes review in Manteca, California: Customer Service Great !!

5.0
Lowes,Just want you to know what great service I received at the Modesto store, on Pelendale Rd. I want to thank Lydia,Returns Dept. Jennifer, Customer Service, Tan and Cesar in the Paint Department..Lowes you were well represented by these 4 people, my service was PRICELESS" You just get good customer service anymore, I want you to know ,you need to give them credit for such great service , they saved my project and therefore, making me a very happy customer the day Whatever ,you do for Kudos, they all deserve it ! From a very satisfied Customer, Pastor Terrie Johnson
Review
Pros
  • Customer service from lydia
  • Staff primary reason i go there
  • Product
Cons
  • Employees attitude
  • In paint department very rude
  • Mike
Fair pricing

Lowes review in Kansas City, Missouri: $5,000 gift card online survey????

5.0
I've purchased two items today. Receipt I received says Register to Win.... There is NO website to respond to www.lowes.com/survey. There is at least 20 pages offering how to reach this website but NO website leading to www.lowes.com/survey. This has happened before with the same result. I called the store and NOBODY could answer how to get on this website, but gave me an 800-445-6937 to call. They said to get on Yahoo or other search engines and it would come right up. Wrong AGAIN! Is this survey a scam or what? Loews is an excellent place to purchase material BUT this come-on smells.

Type in lowes.com/survey in your Web browser and it goes right there. Your ignorance and stupidity is not lowes fault.

Order processing issue

Lowes review in Corbin, Kentucky: Wood wrong size

4.7
From now on I will take tape measure, Purchased utility shelving and was suppose to be 1"x12"x8' even states on receipt. when brought home went ahead and cut the Length I needed and when I went to put up it was only 11 1/4 " shelving and not 12" as stated at store and on receipt not only that but it is a far drive for me. Item #1368. I am very PO'd. I can't take back now cause I had already cut all the lengths I needed. I wish things would be what they state they are. Irecently purchased flooring and am using their contractors I am thinking of pulling out and getting refund taking to long.

Lumber is cut and sold based on the assumption that the buyer knows what they are doing. Since most measurements are exact and wood expands and contracts due to temperature and humidity, you have to space wood and that spacing is factored into the measurements. Non structural materials like MDF and particle board are usually exact because they aren't intended for anything other than furniture.

So you don't think to look at the piece of wood your buying and actually check the size? How ignorant can you be?

Do you know anything about wood at all. It is always cut short and thin, not just the lumber the big box stores by in bulk.

@Anonymous

I guess I am pretty ignorant to assume something is going to be the size it states it is. But it was a inch think and 8 ft long so I guess they screwed up by putting correct marking there, oh oh Ignorant me.

You will probably find the board is only 3/4" thick as well. That is standard sizing of a 1 x 12.

If you go in and measure a 2 x 4 you will find it closer to 1 5/8 x 3 9/16".

If you are going to buy lumber in the future, take time to educate yourself on what actual lumber sizing is. Thus is true at all lumber stores, not just Lowes.

@Anonymous

And if someone were to have offered me help I would have taken it. But I don't need no 2x4's and when my son went up today he bought pre-laminated shelving and it was correct 12".

So why are some items marked correctly and others not,why isn't their a disclaimer that tells people to please measure as wood may be little off than size indicated for people that aren't contractors or common buyers of wood. If anything lumber yards should educate themselves on proper measurement techniques and statements to that fact.

Wood hasn't always been like this at one time it was what it stated a 2x4 was actually just that.

@marc4401

hey I have an IDEA! why don't we just change 11 1/4 inches to mean 12" in math, that way their will be no more ignorance and maybe your kids will get better grades on the subject and I will know the true measurement of wood..............dang it just may work, you carpenters are so smart

@marc4401

If you needed help you could have asked for it. Laminated shelving is a different product than raw lumber and tends to go by actual measurements. Next time you go shopping for wood take a tape measure or someone that understands lumber with you or ask for help at the store.

View more comments (6)
Review
Pros
  • Neat aisles
  • Cashier very nice and friendly
Cons
  • Size marked wrong
Reason of review
measurements way off by 3/4" and receipt even states it is 12"wide Trans# 35662315 03-06-2015 Item 1368 4@$12.98ea
Preferred solution
A Lowes gift card for at least $25, full amount would make me happier but I made do with product just had to configure way that was time consuming & demanding especially since I just purchsed flooring & door & install for $1800 doing on 03/25/15

Lowes - Battery Charger Review from Port Aransas, Texas

5.0
I am working out if town and went to Lowe's in Aransas Pass. My battery charger went out this morning I bought it 11-29-13. A complete set. Working out of town u do not keep your recites with you. And all the lady said was my manager said with out a recite we can not help you. Let me drive 4 hours to get a recite and get a return. No but I know my company will not do business with Lowe's any more. Thanks for opening my eyes and by the way one of my employees went the day before and they replaced his with out a recite. O well thanks Mcoys for helping me out with my New dewalt set and the discount.So I guess if you do have Lowe's tools and u work out of town make sure you take all your recites with you or they will not help you at all.

ikr

Get a MyLowes card, it keeps track of all your puchases

Wake up! With the amount of dishonesty in the world today more and more retail stores are requiring RECEIPTS for returns or exchanges.

If you expect a store in the area you are working in to exchange or replace work tools slip your receipt in a plastic sandwich bag to help keep it clean and put it in your tool box or bag.

That way you'll have it if needed. You will also find that many tool warranties call for repair, not replacement and the tool may need to be sent to a service center for repair.

@Anonymous

Anonymous okay good thing about the new tools these days is that the items are stamped with the date they are made. And I found that out when intent to corpus Christi and got it exchanged.

And being a. Boilermaker I really not carry all my recites with me on all my tools.

View more comments (3)
Damaged or defective

Great Experience @ Lowes

5.0
I recently remodeled my bathroom with the PSI in Kissimmee, fl. It was absolutely a smooth sailing experience. The person that sold me the remodel was very good in explaining how the program works and it was exactly as described. We had very little to do with the remodel and were not inconvenienced as we have been in the past with 2 other remodels. Their price was much better than other private contractors had quoted us including Re-Bath. I was very happy with the quality of work and I am very picky ;-) Great service experience for me and my husband. I guess it has everything to do with what location is doing the work.
Review
Pros
  • Remodel
Good quality

Lowes review: Get your sines rite it says one thing on the shelf then some thin difernt on the box

5.0
ok *** lips this is what hapend i went to lowes to by a gas chain saw on the shelf it clearly says gas chain saw so u pick up the one u wont and your on your way nope on the side of the box in very small print it says 2 cicle and then u get all the way home open the box and your pised all im sayen is get your sines right or u mite get a un happy custermer like my self that would throw this chain saw rite thrue the windo the custermer is all ways rite...

You still mix two cycle oil with gas for a gas push mower. You don't mix oil if product is a four cycle.

kan u reed at awl?

Wow-have you had ANY schooling...of any kind? the custermer is clearly not all ways rite.

This is a joke?

Apparently the customer is always right except when it comes to basic grammar and Middle School level spelling.

Haha, this is a good one. It's funny because this is the average intelligence of a customer.

View more comments (5)