Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Glenwood Springs, Colorado: Repeated Frustrations

2.2
Every interaction I have with this store results in something getting screwed up or lost. Very unorganized, unprofessional, and inept customer service. My last order for truck delivery has still not been delivered and everyone says they'll look into it and they never call back. First guy I spoke with said it was supposed to be delivered three days ago... $2200 lumber and decking purchase that no one seems to know anything about... Overall very frustrating and I'll be placing my lumber and building supplies purchases at another store. Consider yourself warned and DO NOT order anything through this store... I don't have any further words to describe how much I despise this store.

THEY WOULDN'T GET AWAY WITH THIS IF PEOPLE WOULD STOP BUYING FROM THEM! JESUS PEOPLE! Get a clue.

Have you ever heard the saying "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." Seems like you would learn not to shop there if you have a problem every time you shop there.

#1531909

Then for heaven's sake stop shopping there .... QUOTE : " Every interaction " ... ???

View more comments (2)
Review
#1320255 Review #1320255 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes review in Humble, Texas: The worst service ever

1.9
I had them come out and do a survey. I have never heard from them. I had to go and get one from someone else. with that i am going to have them do my whole house. I also got a refrigerator from you all, it was over a week late. the guy the brought it to us walked into my house with no one here. it had a big scratch on it. he was just going to leave it. he was very rude and he didn't want to take it back. i told him to get out and take the refrigerator back and get me another one. we called and they had to order another one because they didn't have there to give me. That took another week. I have never had this bad of service. I thought that you all were a better company then that.

Most companies or services that do surveys don't directly report the results of a survey to the people they survey? What was the survey about? Most surveys done by stores are for internal use in marketing or determining where to build new stores.

@Anonymous

Pretty sure he/she meant a detail. Where they come take measurements for whatever project you're looking into.

However, this person doesn't say whether they tried talking to the store after not hearing anything. I'm sure they tried to call to follow up and got no response back.

View more comments (1)
Review
#1319707 Review #1319707 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Lack of response

Lowes review in Columbus, Ohio: Valspar color changing ceiling paint

Professional painters After 2 coats and 2 gallons this paint has dried completely uneven and done is still purple in color We are taking what’s “unused” back to Lowe’s along with pictures to try and get 2 Fallon’s of regular old white ceiling paint

"professional" painters wouldn't use any paint from Lowe's to begin with. That's your first problem.

Professional painters don't use color-changing paint, they know what they've already painted. Stop hiring people just because you found them on an app on your phone.

How long did you allow between coats? What is the humidity in the rooms?

I've learned over the years that temperature and humidity can make a big difference in dry times. The paint can may say 8 hours, but that is in ultimate conditions. Living in a northern climate I've painted walls in the house that have taken 24-36 hours to completely dry in the winter. Yes, they felt dry to the touch but adding additional coats after 8 hours caused the paint to sag a it hadn't fully dried.

After sanding the walls and allowing the extra drying time everything went fine. You may find you just need to allow more dry time.

Do you consider your painters "professional" because they have a business and charge you to do the painting? Most painter that have been around for a while wouldn't be using a color changing paint meant to make painting easier for do-it-yourselfers.

View more comments (2)
Product
Valspar Paint
Bad quality

Lowes did not leave my home as they found it

I have contacted Lowes at least 3 times to no avail. I have been in touch with the corporate offices as well as my local Lowes in Manitowoc, WI. After my flooring was installed by Lowes, the closet doors in both bedrooms either do not close and/or hang by a single thread. When the men took the doors off, they broke the hardware used to hold the doors in place, this according to a contractor who was in my home to paint. Certainly the installers knew the doors were broken, but left with them in this fractured condition. Also the installers chipped the woodwork and the paint in my house when they moved the furniture in and out of the rooms. My house should look the way it did when they came.. DO SOMETHING!!!!

Call their customer care. Ask to speak with a supervisor.

Lowes Flooring Installation
Cons
  • Workmanship
Loss

Lowes review in Richmond, Virginia: Degenerate installer

2.7
The installer has missed every deadline that Lowes has set for him called and said he was coming never. showed up it’s been a month I still have no door which I paid for and no installation which I’ve already paid for
Lowes Door Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes review in Cicero, New York: Kitchen Cabinets and Countertops

1.5
I would like to say this was the worse experience and I would never deal with Lowe’s, Home Depot or any of these for a project like this. First I did not buy top of the line cabinets because i do not plan on staying at my house for long. So I was not offered feee delivery. If you purchase a stove and a microwave they with give you free delivery. Kind of messed up. That was just the start of disaster. The Lowe’s gentlemen’s was never available to answer any questions or concern or never returned your calls. Then called the countertertop people to tell them I am ready and they give you 6 week just to come measure your counter. Then they measure and then total disaster not going into detail all the problems I had with them no one cares. Felt like I was nothing to no one and yet I forked out over 15,000 to them. Who wants to feel like that when the spend that kind of money. word of advice stay away from local because the treat you like nothing.

They can't give free delivery on everything. Consider the time, gas, and expenses they put into delivery trucks.

Coming soon will be a change in policy completely.

There will be no free delivery for anyone or anything. Flat fee on all orders.

Lowes review in Kailua Kona, Hawaii: Delivery nightmares

Ordered 4000 worth of kitchen appliances and after two weeks of getting the run around and then bringing out the wrong items I cancelled the order and went to Home Depot. They had everything installed two days later. Do not waste your time with Lowes delivery. That was in Las Vegas six months ago. This past two weeks same thing with Lowes in Kona Hawaii. Cancelled delivery twice then called me the day of delivery with a four hour window having already been informed that I do not live at the delivery address and would have to arrange for someone to accept delivery. Was told they would call the day before delivery so I could get someone to meet them. Never did.
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery
Loss

Lowes review in Union City, California: Price on bought items not acknowledged

1.1

Update by user Jul 31, 2018

I didn't pick this store for sale store. I had picked the closer Sunnyvale Lowes. Lowes.com picked this store for delivery without a known reason.

Original review posted by user Jul 31, 2018

I have done an online order during holiday of three appliances at Lowes.com with a 10% discount coupon. Last week I received a call from Lowe's union city, days before delivery, and I was told that the refrigerator in the order were damaged in their transportation. They asked my credit card for a reorder. Now, I have seen a higher separate charge on my credit card which reflects a no discount price of refrigerator. I called the Lowe's store but got either no answer or the ball kicked around. I went to my order online and found that the order on refrigerator has been cancelled and the other two items with no 10% off either. Am I dare to order at lowes.com with any promotion?

Agreed. online and in store orders are not sold in the same system.

You have 30 days from the original purchase to have those charges corrected. I'd call customer care and they'll be able to look at your orders. As long as they are able to pull up the orders they are pretty good at discounting orders for us customers.

I had a similar situation where a change was made to my order and their system took off the coupon and the associate didnt realise until after. they gave me the discount back.

The orders online were cancelled but you were still charged? Sounds like they put the order through the in store system.

In store and online use two different systems and neither talk to the other. Your best bet is walking straight to the customer service desk in store and asking for your 10% off.

It’s the communication between Lowe’s.com and the store. I was told that they cannot correct each other. So, it has been a waste of time calling customer care.

They probably didn't realise you had a promo code. Call their customer care.

View more comments (3)
Order processing issue

Lowes review: Worst credit card ever!

The credit card company used by Lowes is not good. Every time I paid the card off...always on time...I would get a letter a couple of weeks later saying it never went thru the bank. The bank didnt reject the payment but somewhere along the way the wrong routing number was being keyed in. I called every time immediately and spent at least 30 minutes each time getting them to enter the correct bank routing number. They could see in the account that the right one was loaded in our payment information. They couldnt find why it wouldnt connect to the bank but it did when I called and they entered it while i was on the phone with them. This happened every time except the first 2 times i paid the card. I just received a letter saying they are closing my account because the card was 'rejected' too many times. It was never rejected by my bank, it never made it through to the bank. What kind of business are you running? Lowes get rid of that bank you use! I would never get another Lowes credit card!

Lowes has the worst customer support for credit services. Call after call to automated numbers and complacent apathetic customer service representatives..

all to just pay a bill. I prefer Lowes to Home Depot but I swear I will never spend another dollar in Lowes again.

Product
Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment

Lowes review: Will never shop here again

my first big purchase from this place and I will never purchase anything from this place again. The product I purchased would not work correctly so I took it back to the store to return and I was denied anything , I had to myself call troubleshooting, which I had done and they still redused to give me an RA number to return the item because I could not return with out that ... customer service was not helpful at all, I was basically made to take care of it myself with no help from anyone but people denying my refund ... I still did not get my $450 refund, customer service in store and on the telephone were terrible , they did not want to listen to what I had to say or work with me .. I will never recommend this store to anyone nor ever step foot in there myself

You don't say what the product was or what the problem was. Manufacturers of certain items don't take their products back.

They have warranties that call for repair, rather than replacement of a defective product. That's why the retail store won't accept returns.

I'll bet if you had bothered looking at the return policy before you made the purchase you would have seen this. it's always a good idea to see what the return policies and warranties are before you purchase an expensive item at any store.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy