Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes - Poor!

2.2
Buying a refrigerator. Employee told us we could used a competitor coupon. Decided to also open an account for the additional 5% when you use their credit card. Unlike Sears they wouldn’t “stack” the discounts. Even asked a store manager. So for a lousy $40 they gave up a sale on a refrigerator!! Never buy anything else from Lowes!!

Another consumer running off to the corner to cry and pout because they didn't want to follow the stores policy. Are you going to hold your breath until you turn blue as well?

After the time you spent shopping around and decided on Lowes and going through the steps you did, you are going to start all over again for $40. Doesn't make you sound any smarter than you think the store is.

Lowes Rebate

Lowes in Pasco, Washington - Flooring

BAD experiences trying TO GET CARPET FOR 2 WEEK INSTALLED IT DIDENT HAPPENED THE INSTALLERS TOOK MY. CARPET THEY DIDENT BRING IT BACK U TIL THEY WERE READY TO DO SO LOST TIME AT WORK DEli g with these people They rather give my money back instead of doing the job go to home depot and not lowes bad mangement on rd 68 pasci wa 99301 syay away from that store Dead Dead
Lowes Carpet Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes in Butler, New Jersey - I got conflicting information from 3 salespeople including the manager

This is regarding a screen door that I intend to install myself. I spent 1 hour with a salesman who told me I could order the item online for $20 less than in the store and have it shipped to my local store to pick up free of delivery charge in Butler NJ. He printed out all the information. Online it said it was not available at my local store. I called the store 7 times and was cut off or hung up on. one saleslady told me I could get the delivery charge refunded. when I called the manager told me that was not true. I would have to pay a delivery charge. i'll be shopping at Home Depot now.
Lowes Sales Representative
Cons
  • Inaccurate info
  • Rude manager
  • Inaccurate info rude manager
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Yonkers, New York - WRONG SHOWER DOORS

Update by user Jul 21, 2018

So the GM finally calls me and says the doors won’t fit in his SUV that I should call that store and arrange for delivery. I told him I’m done and get my doors to me anyway you can.

If the GM is an idiot. What do the rest of the other workers in the store are.

Original review posted by user Jul 19, 2018

I HAD MY CONTRACTOR PICK UP THE DOORS. THEY WERE SITTING IN MY HOUSE FOR 2 WEEKS. WHEN HE GOES TO INSTALL THEY WERE THE WRONG MODEL & WRONG SIZE! SPOKE TO A FEW PEOPLE AT THE STORE AND NOTHING WAS DONE. I GET TO THE GM HE SAYS I LOCATED YOUR DOORS AT ANOTHER STORE AND HE WAS GOING TO PICK THEM UP AND SWAP OUT THE WRONG ONES HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HERE YESTERDAY BUT HAD TRANSMISSION TROUBLE. HE SAID THAT HE WILL MEET ME AT MY HOUSE AT 2PM. ITS NOW 3PM AND IM STILL WAITING! NO CALL NOTHING! THIS IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU GET A LOWES! I’m amazed there still in business. REDICULOUS! This is holding up my bathroom a week now and they don’t care.

Why didn't you contractor confirm that he was picking up the proper product? It sure would have avoided a delay in your project.

Door
Cons
  • Your customer service
Price reduction

Lowes in Matamoras, Pennsylvania - 2 months and still no countertops!!!

3.2
Lowes - 2 months and still no countertops!!!
I ordered kitchen cabinets and granite counters on May 30th. I picked out the granite around the 2nd week in June. They came to make the template the week after. Lowe's called me the next day to say the price would be over $700 more than I paid. I asked why and he said the template came out different than what we ordered. The Lowe’s associate did all of the design and measurements so there was no reason for it to be off, I purchased the entire kitchen plus cabinets at the same time. I got everything through Lowe's and I had nothing to do with measuring or set up. I even brought my contractor in to talk to the designer. I told them it wasn't my fault they made a mistake, it went on what you designed and if she measured wrong that didn't have anything to do with me. I ordered them because they were affordable and now he was saying they were going to cost 33% MORE than I was told!! That's a HUGE mistake and difference in price. So he said he would talk to a manager and get back to me. I heard nothing for a week so I call back. They decide to have a new template done. Fine but I'm not paying. Then I heard nothing else for a week. I call again last Friday and the manager was familiar with the problem and said she would call the fabricators and have us rushed because I have no kitchen and I've been doing dishes in my BATHTUB. The fabricators call today and said she can't get us in til the end of NEXT WEEK!! this has been the most horrible experience I've had during my renovation. I have two kids home, we eat out almost every night because we can't wash dishes and have no running water except in the bathroom and it's going to be a MONTH living like this. It's costing me a fortune not to mention the stress two months after I paid all I keep hearing is next week, next week. I have called & texted SO MANY TIMES. This is INSANE!!!!!! Someone DO SOMETHING
Cabinet
Order processing issue

Lowes in Farmville, Virginia - Purchased pressure washer and it broke

I bought a pressure washer from Lowes in Farmville and it broke. Called the store and was informed if I didn't purchase an extended warranty that there was no warranty that is *** will never happen again hurry and come in Home Depot Lowes sucks here in Farmville plus it doesn't take a hundred words to describe lowes here I don't know why as a citizen we let these companies come in our town and do people like they wish lets put a stop to it now before its to late and it probably is already to late so lowes wake the *** up also upon purchasing the item I wasn't informed there was not a warranty so that's bull too

You fail to say how long ago you purchased the pressure washer. If the manufacturers warranty period has passed and you didn't buy a service plan, they are correct, there is no warranty.

No different than any other product you buy. Other stores would tell you the same thing.

Keep in mind that stores are not responsible for warranties anyway, the manufacturer is. If it is still within the manufacturer's warranty period, contact the manufacturer.

Lowes Warranty
Bad quality
Preferred solution
i want another pressure washer
Tags
  • Pressure Washer

Lowes in Portland, Maine - Charged interest on no interest for 24 months

5.0
I was looking at lawn tractors in the fall of ‘16 and the customer service guy told me if I got a Lowes card I could get no interest for 24 months. So I did and everything was great until I realized my purchases should have been paid by now. Well they charged an extra $580 in interest anyway even though I thought my bill was paid within the 24 months. I questioned the store, then I called the credid company and when that diidn’t work I called Lowes Headquarters and they refused to help me. So now I’m calling the Better Business Bureau to see if I can get this resolved. I’m tearing my Lowes card up and going to Home Depot.

This is not a good report ,I came specifically for the 24 mos deal , but this has me worried/

On the other hand, it was Lowes and Lowes employees who offered the fraudulent deal.

You do realize that you don't have credit with Lowes don't you? Your account is with an independent credit company.

Your contact and complaints need to be with them. Weren't you watching your bills and the amount owed on the mower?

If you purchased other items on the account payments would go to those items as well. When you sign up for a no-interest promotion you need to keep track of how your payments are applied to the account and the deferred interest purchase.

@Anonymous

I’ve reached the desk of the CEO of Synchrony Bank via email. They will resolve my issue today. Sometimes you have to go right to the top.

Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment

Lowes - Poor customer service

Made 3 visits over 2 days to get supplies needed to do a bath remodel. We had already picked out most of what we wanted but that was 3 months ago. So things had changed but we were ok with that. At the first store we had to wait 3 calls before someone showed up to help. The tile we wanted had been clearanced out. But another store still had the amount we needed. So the employee from the first store called the second store and put everything on hold so I could drive there later that day and pick up the tile. So we finished our shopping at the first store. After several hours going from department to department. Each time having to wait for help from some one different in each department. Large that afternoon I went to the second Lowe’s. The first employee was not helpful. He was new and didn’t get properly trained. I find another employee who calls another employee. At the time I didn’t realize he was a manager. But finally found my order. After some attitude from the manager because the first employee didn’t give us any names or item numbers. Now to pay the second store won’t price match the first store. So I spoke with the manager. The guy who helped frind my tile. He wasn’t happy nor helpful. I had to pay more than the ORIGINAL price at the first store. I WILL NOT BE VISITNG ANY LOWES EVER AGAIN. I have a Home Depot closer and will be giving them my business from now on. Such bad policies and bad customer service at Lowe’s.

Not good for lowes!!

It's policy not to hold items unless they are paid for. They were trying to be nice and accommodating to you.

It is also policy not to price match with a store out of their district. One store may be higher price than another but it's like that for a reason.

yeah, Home Depot is better. Hahaaa!

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Bad service
Tags
  • Tile Install

Lowes - Company is a ***

I just got told my available credit was lowered! I have never missed a payment! Been late! I have always paid a little more than I should! Everything I had paid they took and lowered the credit available! I am disgusted! When I called and talked to them they said they had the right to do that! They would send out a letter! What the HELL!!!!!! I have never been more pissed than I am now! I will do my shopping at Menard's from now on! I am just stunned! You could tell they were reading answers from a script and could not give me a reasonable reason! It feels like you were just *** on!!! I have never had this happen before!

NOt good lowes!!

Lowes was the store offering you the credit. If a lawnmower you bought at Lowes injured you, Lowes would be culpable. I assume anonymous works for Lowes.

I agree with Devon here. it was Synchrony, not Lowes.

You know Lowes uses Synchrony Bank for their Lowes Credit Cards, and it was them who lowered your credit amount, not Lowes.

Lowes Credit Card
Cons
  • Credit card-crock of shit-sad
Reason of review
Lowered Credit for no reasonable reason!
Preferred solution
I want my credit limit back up to what it was! I will take nothing else!

Lowes - Beware of ordering online

3.7
A closet shelf wasn't in stock at my neighborhood Lowe's, so I found it online and ordered it delivered to the store, which is 5 minutes from my house. A week later, I received a phone call telling me the shelf was in, so I drove to Lowe's, but it wasn't there. Turns out that rather than delivering the shelf to my local store, Lowe's delivers online merchandise to either the store scheduled to next have that merchandise in stock or for local vendors, the store which is closest to the vendor. So I ended up with a 30 minute drive across the metroplex to pick up a shelf that I thought would be delivered to my local store. Maybe I could have avoided this by going into my local Lowe's and requesting the shelf be delivered there, but that sort of defeats the convenience of online ordering. Lowe's is the only place I know of with such a screwy policy. I order a lot of merchandise online. To avoid delivery fees, I often choose to pick up from the store, and with every other merchant, I get to pick the store where I want to pick up the merchandise. I like Lowe's, but this is a poor policy, so if you shop at Lowe's, keep this in mind if you order anything online.

NOT GOOD LOWES!!

I'm not sure who told this but that isn't how the online system works. You select the store you want it sent to and it sends to that store.

If the product is stock and the store has it in stock, they'll fill the order. If not, they resource it to the closest store available.What may have happened in your case is that the order did not generate a PO (shipping number for packages). Instead it went straight to the store. In this case, they didn't have your shelf.

So they sent it to the next store.

This store is listed on your confirmation email. Which you apparently didn't bother to read.

FurryBarnOwl
@Pick Up Desk

A Lowes associate who identified herself as the person responsible for online orders in the Lowes store where my shelf was shipped gave me the info. She also said it's not a good policy and she doesn't know why Lowe's doesn't change it.

So silly me, I took her at her word that what she was telling me was accurate.

But you're right, I didn't read the "confirmation email" because I didn't receive a confirmation email. As I said, I'm remodeling my house and I've ordered a lot of merchandise online, from Home Depot, Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Wayfair, and Amazon, to name a few of the places from which I've purchased, but the only store with which I've had this problem is Lowe's.

@Pick Up Desk

Last sentence very rude considering the pick up desk is a representative of the Lowe’s corporation.

Lowes Pick Up Service
Pros
  • Quality of the merchandise
Cons
  • That i could not specify my local store for delivery
Reason of review
Not having online merchandise delivered to local store
Preferred solution
Figure out a way, like Crate & Barrel, Macy's, Target, and Home Depot have done, to be able to deliver merchandise ordered online to a local store.