Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in Portland, Maine - Charged interest on no interest for 24 months

5.0
I was looking at lawn tractors in the fall of ‘16 and the customer service guy told me if I got a Lowes card I could get no interest for 24 months. So I did and everything was great until I realized my purchases should have been paid by now. Well they charged an extra $580 in interest anyway even though I thought my bill was paid within the 24 months. I questioned the store, then I called the credid company and when that diidn’t work I called Lowes Headquarters and they refused to help me. So now I’m calling the Better Business Bureau to see if I can get this resolved. I’m tearing my Lowes card up and going to Home Depot.

This is not a good report ,I came specifically for the 24 mos deal , but this has me worried/

On the other hand, it was Lowes and Lowes employees who offered the fraudulent deal.

You do realize that you don't have credit with Lowes don't you? Your account is with an independent credit company.

Your contact and complaints need to be with them. Weren't you watching your bills and the amount owed on the mower?

If you purchased other items on the account payments would go to those items as well. When you sign up for a no-interest promotion you need to keep track of how your payments are applied to the account and the deferred interest purchase.

@Anonymous

I’ve reached the desk of the CEO of Synchrony Bank via email. They will resolve my issue today. Sometimes you have to go right to the top.

Product
Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment

Lowes - Poor customer service

Made 3 visits over 2 days to get supplies needed to do a bath remodel. We had already picked out most of what we wanted but that was 3 months ago. So things had changed but we were ok with that. At the first store we had to wait 3 calls before someone showed up to help. The tile we wanted had been clearanced out. But another store still had the amount we needed. So the employee from the first store called the second store and put everything on hold so I could drive there later that day and pick up the tile. So we finished our shopping at the first store. After several hours going from department to department. Each time having to wait for help from some one different in each department. Large that afternoon I went to the second Lowe’s. The first employee was not helpful. He was new and didn’t get properly trained. I find another employee who calls another employee. At the time I didn’t realize he was a manager. But finally found my order. After some attitude from the manager because the first employee didn’t give us any names or item numbers. Now to pay the second store won’t price match the first store. So I spoke with the manager. The guy who helped frind my tile. He wasn’t happy nor helpful. I had to pay more than the ORIGINAL price at the first store. I WILL NOT BE VISITNG ANY LOWES EVER AGAIN. I have a Home Depot closer and will be giving them my business from now on. Such bad policies and bad customer service at Lowe’s.

Not good for lowes!!

It's policy not to hold items unless they are paid for. They were trying to be nice and accommodating to you.

It is also policy not to price match with a store out of their district. One store may be higher price than another but it's like that for a reason.

yeah, Home Depot is better. Hahaaa!

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Bad service
Poor customer service
Tags
  • Tile Install

Lowes - Company is a ***

I just got told my available credit was lowered! I have never missed a payment! Been late! I have always paid a little more than I should! Everything I had paid they took and lowered the credit available! I am disgusted! When I called and talked to them they said they had the right to do that! They would send out a letter! What the HELL!!!!!! I have never been more pissed than I am now! I will do my shopping at Menard's from now on! I am just stunned! You could tell they were reading answers from a script and could not give me a reasonable reason! It feels like you were just *** on!!! I have never had this happen before!

NOt good lowes!!

Lowes was the store offering you the credit. If a lawnmower you bought at Lowes injured you, Lowes would be culpable. I assume anonymous works for Lowes.

I agree with Devon here. it was Synchrony, not Lowes.

You know Lowes uses Synchrony Bank for their Lowes Credit Cards, and it was them who lowered your credit amount, not Lowes.

Product
Lowes Credit Card
Cons
  • Credit card-crock of shit-sad
Reason of review
Lowered Credit for no reasonable reason!
Loss
Preferred solution
I want my credit limit back up to what it was! I will take nothing else!

Lowes - Beware of ordering online

3.7
A closet shelf wasn't in stock at my neighborhood Lowe's, so I found it online and ordered it delivered to the store, which is 5 minutes from my house. A week later, I received a phone call telling me the shelf was in, so I drove to Lowe's, but it wasn't there. Turns out that rather than delivering the shelf to my local store, Lowe's delivers online merchandise to either the store scheduled to next have that merchandise in stock or for local vendors, the store which is closest to the vendor. So I ended up with a 30 minute drive across the metroplex to pick up a shelf that I thought would be delivered to my local store. Maybe I could have avoided this by going into my local Lowe's and requesting the shelf be delivered there, but that sort of defeats the convenience of online ordering. Lowe's is the only place I know of with such a screwy policy. I order a lot of merchandise online. To avoid delivery fees, I often choose to pick up from the store, and with every other merchant, I get to pick the store where I want to pick up the merchandise. I like Lowe's, but this is a poor policy, so if you shop at Lowe's, keep this in mind if you order anything online.

NOT GOOD LOWES!!

I'm not sure who told this but that isn't how the online system works. You select the store you want it sent to and it sends to that store.

If the product is stock and the store has it in stock, they'll fill the order. If not, they resource it to the closest store available.What may have happened in your case is that the order did not generate a PO (shipping number for packages). Instead it went straight to the store. In this case, they didn't have your shelf.

So they sent it to the next store.

This store is listed on your confirmation email. Which you apparently didn't bother to read.

FurryBarnOwl
@Pick Up Desk

A Lowes associate who identified herself as the person responsible for online orders in the Lowes store where my shelf was shipped gave me the info. She also said it's not a good policy and she doesn't know why Lowe's doesn't change it.

So silly me, I took her at her word that what she was telling me was accurate.

But you're right, I didn't read the "confirmation email" because I didn't receive a confirmation email. As I said, I'm remodeling my house and I've ordered a lot of merchandise online, from Home Depot, Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Wayfair, and Amazon, to name a few of the places from which I've purchased, but the only store with which I've had this problem is Lowe's.

@Pick Up Desk

Last sentence very rude considering the pick up desk is a representative of the Lowe’s corporation.

Lowes Pick Up Service
Pros
  • Quality of the merchandise
Cons
  • That i could not specify my local store for delivery
Reason of review
Not having online merchandise delivered to local store
Preferred solution
Figure out a way, like Crate & Barrel, Macy's, Target, and Home Depot have done, to be able to deliver merchandise ordered online to a local store.

Lowes in Maple Shade Township, New Jersey - What Customer Service!!!!

i placed an on-line order for plant food on Tuesday 7/17, late morning. Typically when I place this type of order, it is usually ready in less that hour. I waited 24 hours and the status was still "In process". So I went to the store to buy it. Since I received a 10% discount on the product, I thought I should go the pick-up counter and ask if buying it in the store I could still receive the discount. After 15 minutes and someone promising that they would get someone to the counter, no one showed up. Customer Service had 3 associates at the register, only 1 was waiting on customers. I finally left and went over to the registers. ALL the registers were closed. Only the self check out was open and not all of the them were open! The associate assisting at the self check out was very helpful. He applied the discount to the product I purchased. This store needs to be looked at carefully. There were a lot of Lowe's employees in the store and they weren't assisting customers, just walking around! One more thing: I went to the tool department to buy a grinder blade. There were 2 aisles to get there. Both were blocked. One by a ladder and the other by a flat cart. They finally asked if they could help. I told him the aisle and bin I wanted to get to. He took my paper and said it would not be in the correct bin. So he started looking it up. Then he asked if I knew what it was that I was buying???? What??? Is it because I was a woman that he asked the question??? Finally the aisle opened up and in 30 seconds I has what I needed, no thanks to the associate. Clean up your act!!!!! Home Depot is right around the corner!!!!

Good bye lowes, unless you clean up your act!!

Sometimes orders don't come through right away for internet orders. Could be any where from seconds to days before they show up in the system.

Always wait for the ready for pickup email before going to the store. Believe me, you'll save yourself and everyone else a lot of trouble by waiting a few extra minutes.As for everything else, I won't draw any conclusions on.

Maybe they were in the midst of doing things? Who knows.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Terrible see reveiw
Poor customer service
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Speechless

Ordered $4k worth of appliances that were never delivered because Lowe’s uses a 3rd party. Once you order and pay them they have nothing to do with you. Spend 20-30 minutes on hold to speak with someone and half the time they hang up when you try to call. I cancelled my order with 3 different people and it never got cancelled.

I am now afraid to order from you after reading the reviews, so sad/

How much more help can you be to someone that makes a post lacking details?

Did they hang up on you due to the language you were using? Yes, you may be frustrated, but the person on the phone can only give you the facts and can only do their best to solve your problem.

You don't say what the delivery problems were. Were the appliances delayed by manufacturers deliver delays, had drivers called in sick, did trucks break down? As far as cancelling the order, who did you cancel it with? Did you tell the delivery service to cancel it?

If so, they can't. You should have gone into the store and canceled the order and had a refund processed through the register, otherwise it's just a bunch of talk.

@Anonymous

Lowes Delivery Service
Bad quality

Lowes - Horrible Experience with Windows!

I purchased Pella windows from Lowes in Oshkosh, WI on April 3, 2018. The windows were received and installation began on May 15. The installer made a mistake on the window measurements: they were 1/2" too big for the openings but insisted they could make the window fit. WRONG! The installers got the windows in but they mutilated my home. They have yet to finish wrapping the outside of the windows and have removed all the interior wood trim around the windows. It is now July 17 and Lowes doesn't give a damn about completing the installation. I have contacted four reputable contractors and no one wants to finish Lowes *** I am contacting an attorney and the cost will be much greater than if I had just purchased the windows from a reputable company. If you want windows, STAY AWAY FROM LOWES! Lowes doesn't even deserve a one-star rating.
#1520965

I don't understand your comment that I might be a to total c**t. I will not stoop to your level but Lowes is responsible for this dreadful situation.

Lowes hired the installer, agreed with the installer's "solution" to the wrong-size windows, and now will not help correct the situation.

Lowes should not be selling windows... they should leave it to the professionals.

@Faye Helstrom

The "professionals" you speak of have all been driven out of business by cheap a55 people like you who want to save a few bucks shopping at places like Lowe's.

@Faye Helstrom

Even the professionals get some of their things at Lowes or Home Depot. An independent contractor isn't going to touch the job because another contractor was working on it.

It's a legal issue to them.

Your best bet is to contact the installer. If you have to contact the corporate office.

@Faye Helstrom

Or maybe next time you'll do more research on window installation then you wont be crying and blaming Lowes

#1520742

It is not a Lowe's job. It your installer. The fact no one wants too touch your windows makes me wonder if you might be to total {{redacted}}.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Window Installation
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Full refund

Lowes in Fairborn, Ohio - Delivery sucks

3.0
Showed up 4.5 hours late. Broke the refrigerator that was going from the houae to the garage. Put a 4" scratch in my front door. Told one guy about it. They got in the truck and left. No paperwork or anything. Also used VERY dirty gloves. This left black marks on the refrigerators and the front door that my wife had to clean off. Would not use them again!!!
Lowes Home Delivery Service
Bad quality

Lowes - Need to cancel order that is delayed can't reach anyone to cancel order

placed order today 7-16-18 online paid with my charge. Before I left to pickup order I received another email saying sorry store does not have my order after all. Order delayed do I want to keep order or cancel. I do not want the order #353295372 as it is not available till next week, I needed it today. I have called 3 different phone numbers to cancel this order since before lunch today and it is now 8:30 at night and I still have not reached a person to cancel this order. I have sat on hold 5 different times. I am not picking this order up next week and I am not sitting on hold anymore! You cant tell me that you have too many calls and I can't talk to anyone all day and night!!!! Do not charge my lowes credit card for this order!!!!!!!!! When I placed the order online why did it say it was available at the store and then the store did not have anymore??????? This is the 2nd time this has happened, making me not want to order online at lowes anymore. Debra Merola 412-848-4955 ***

Call your local store. Talk to the customer service desk. They can cancel your order for you.

Why would you put your order number, name and phone number in a complaint like this? This isn't a Lowes web site.

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Lowe’s sucks

Was approved for a card with a $1000 limit never missed a payment nor was I ever late. Got notification that all of a sudden they closed my account. When I asked why they would ruin my credit for no reason I was given a generic answer of I know what your going through
#1520692

Why are you complaining about Lowes? You didn't have an account with Lowes.

You had an account with a credit company that issued a card that could be used at Lowes. Your complaint if valid should be with the company that issued your card.

If you don't understand who you have accounts with I expect you may not fully understand how credit is granted and what affects your credit ratings. You should check your credit rating and learn what you can do to improve it.

Problems with payment