Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Service

The customer service at Lowe’s Texas city texas is probably the worst in the entire state of Texas very rude and they have no idea how to do their job extremely slow spend long periods of time on the phone or visiting bottom line consider a new customer service workers the present ones are worthless and a waste of your money

Lowes Kitchen Remodel

2.3
I totally agree. I had Lowes remodel our kitchen cabinets and countertop. The countertop was relatively seamless, but contractor who did the cabinets was a complete idiot. I paid $527 for him to protect the floors during the kitchen demolition and he did not protect them at all. He put a couple deep gouges in our nice Pergo floors. He told me he would fix them, but has not done anything. He also scratched the floor badly while reinstalling the stove. At first he told me he protected the floor with a board and was very careful, and there were no scratches on the floor. After I told him to inspect the floor, he saw the scratches, but he blamed it on the age of the floor. He said the floors were "ancient" and "brittle" and that anything would scratch them. Lowes backs him up so there is nothing I can do about it. This is ridiculous. If you are thinking of having Lowes work on your kitchen, don't do it!
Review
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Quality of work
Not as described/ advertised
$20000
Price reduction

Lowes in Saint Louis, Missouri - Refrigerator

Ordered over the phone on 6/29/18 Set up delivery for 7/2/18 Received two emails stating my refrigerator was ready for pick up on Sat the 30th and 7/1 Called customer service it was suppose to be a delivery and they stated there was no problem they have two different systems and assured me my delivery would come on 7/2 AM. When it was not delivered I went personally to the store to straighten out. First delivery available after that conversation was July the 4th. Stayed home got a email from my credit card company about a fraudulent charge. Contacted Lowes with no response at the store so I called customer service who assured me my refrigerator was on its way and would be here in the am. Called the credit card company and they informed me somebody tried to run my card number with the wrong zip code so they declined the transaction. Tried to contact the store #2300 again they have no way of checking or no what I am talking about. As we speak I am on the phone with customer service again. Not sure I will ever receive my refrigerator. Worst sales transaction I have encountered in my 60 Years.

Okay so, let me get this straight... You called Customer Care to order it.

They *** up your order and put it as a pick up. Store says easy fix, we'll take care of it. Then you start getting the credit card company calls close to delivery.Now let me enlighten you on a few things. First off, you aren't charged for your order until Lowe's prints out the receipt.

Lowe's cannot deliver until the item is paid for. So this is where your credit card company comes in. The credit card doesn't see the transaction until Lowe's tries to print. It comes up declined so they don't deliver your fridge.

Simple as that.The solution? Call the store yourself. Cancel your original order.

Place a new order through the store. Make sure you give them the right credit card information.

How did you lose $600? You say your credit card wasn't charged.

Order processing issue

Lowes in Bend, Oregon - Carpet Ripoff

1.8
Have 420 sf of carpeting I needed done. Lowe’s quoted me $1,700 for the carpet and pad I wanted. They measured for 560sf and when I contacted them to tell them they measured wrong, they said the installer needs at least 2 extra inches on every side to install and that they have to go by what the installers say. I would have thrown over $350 in the trash can had I gone ahead with the project. Do your homework ahead of time and save yourself time, money and hassle. Don’t shop at Lowe’s.

You don't seem to understand how carpet is sold or installed. Carpet comes in 12' or 15' widths.

lets say you had an 8x10 area to carpet. that would be 80 square feet. Their quote would have been for 96 square feet (an 8' x 12') piece of carpet.

You will have an 8' x 2' scrap. Unless you rooms are exactly 12' or 15' wide and perfectly square you are going to have waste when you install carpet.

@Anonymous

If anyone doesn’t understand something, it’s you.I have 2 rooms that are each 17’7” long. Bedroom is 9’6” wide.

Living room is 13’ 10” wide. What I asked them to do was sell me two 12’x18’ rolls and use the extra 2’6” from the bedroom to make up the difference in the living room. Does that make sense? If not, go grab a calculator.

That’s 432 sf of carpet and I would have only wasted approximately 8” x 18’.They said no. Their installer wouldn’t do it.

@Anonymous

Why didn't you include this information in your original complaint? If you want people to take you seriously include the information that supports your position in your complaint.

@Anonymous

The installer would still need an extra few inches... The extra is there in case you need it under the baseboards.

It's better to have extra than to have too little and have you complain about being short.You could always get a second opinion from another company of course. No one is pushing you to buy installation from Lowe's.

@Anonymous

There are no baseboards yet. And for my situation, I told them exactly what I wanted. To me, saving $350 is more important than being 1” short along the wall because that wall was going to have furniture up against it anyway (plus the baseboard when I install it).

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Lewes, Delaware - $2,000 refrigerator cost me $3,200

Lowes was to deliver our new refrigerator on a certain date (we have the notice). We drove 150 miles to be at our beach house to accept delivery. Lowes did not arrive that day. I called Lowes and they said it would be delivered the next weekend. Again, we drove the same trip and Lowes did not deliver the refrigerator. They again said it would be delivered the next Saturday, which did not happen. Again, I called Lowes and they promised that the refrigerator would be delivered on Sunday. Finally, the refrigerator was delivered. After asking for a discount because of many hours of missed work, we were given a $300 refund. My costs of lost work in waiting for this refrigerator cost me well over $1,500. The refrigerator cost $2,000. Take the $300 refund, and it cost me $1,700. Add the $1.500 from lost wages, and the refrigerator ended up costing me $3,200. How is this called good service?????
#1512074

Why did you miss so many hours of work? You should have scheduled delivery for a day you weren't working.

Problem with delivery
Deliver on promised 30% refund

Lowes - Horrific!
I have enjoyed shopping at Lowe's for years and have spent over $35,000 in their store totally remodeling an entire house ad yard! I recently hired their professional services to do siding and they sent one person in winter to do the whole thing. There are so many quality issues I can't even begin, then instead of siding under some windows they put aluminum with NO J Track or something and when a large rain came the kitchen ceiling flooded and caved in! I have been calling and dealing with their customer service and insurance people and NOT ONE CALL OR EMAIL BACK ever! It's just horrific! STAY AWAY Wtf

I have problems with my siding installation and Lowes has not been any help in correcting the problems. I have sent pictures of siding falling off but Lowes says it is only guarented for a year.

It's been less than four years. So much for Lowes standing behind their products. Hire a local contractor instead.

Lowes will not help you with any problems, even if the installation was not done properly. They don't even do an inspection after the job is done.

h.kitchener

Get a free consult from an attorney with the aim of suing Lowe's. The main lesson from your experience is that people should never have repairs/work like you had done by one of the big box retailers.

They hire who-know-who as contractors for the job and then when problems arise Lowe's blames the contractor and vice-versa. See an attorney.

Bad quality

Lowes - Plumbing

I was at Lowe’s in Pompano Beach Florida This is ridiculous you asked them to call a person from plumbing in half an hour later they didn’t show up and nobody is trying to help you or nothing like that and they wasting My time this is absurd why you hire people to work at a place if they’re not going to be there to help you out what’s the point better go to Home Depot then stay in the stupid Lowe’s

Lol... It is called a “Do It Yourself” warehouse for a reason. If you cannot do it yourself and want full service, hire a professional at twice the cost.

Did you ever think the people they were paging were helping other customers. Having had spent a few years in retail I can tell you I ignored pages to the desk if I was busy helping other customers. I'd much rather close the $5,000 sale I was working on than rush over to the desk only to ask for a product that was on the shelf right behind them.

Lowes in Radford, Virginia - Generach Generator installation

It was an overall terrible experience from the financing being through a " HIGH RISK" lender and the credit monitoring people notifying me my credit score dropped 60 points to the installation being the most up professional company I have ever encountered, Blueridge Heating and air. It is 35 days into what was supposed to be a 4 day job. The first day, They did not call or show up. I should have asked for a different company at that point. WARNING !!! DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING UNTILL IT HAS BEEN INSPECTED. They hand you a form to sign and say " sign this, this means that you got your generator." They get paid and you will be like me 35 days into a four day project. It has failed inspection one time already. Blueridge Heating and air flat out lied at every turn. I ask for a different installation crew due to the fact they did not know building code, unprofessional work ethic, and they promised to send a new crew, same crew showed up today at 0645 which would have been had they called and let me know since I was told by the owner of the company that they would be here at 0930 . I have dogs that needed be let out. ALL I CAN SAY IS BUYER BEWARE!!!!! The inspector just left and has to come back again this afternoon because it still did not pass, or the spin that they placed on this is " well the inspector is coming back this afternoon to make sure we secured the gas line because "It was a suggestion" He will leave a sticker then! LOL

Your comment is chock full of spelling errors and is too long to read in its entirety.

Review
Cons
  • Poor or nonexistent customer service clerk beyond disrespectful
  • Employees lack of knowledge and lethargic approah
  • Disinterest on the part of lowes employees
Bad quality

Lowes - Extremely pissed off customer

Update by user Aug 01, 2018

Never resolved a year later!!!!

Original review posted by user Jul 02, 2018

We purchased our fridge, day before delivery got call they don't have the fridge they sold us, so after 3 hours on the phone they substituted a different model. Day of delivery we get a call that no one is answering the door. Reason.....they were delivering to the wrong house miles from ours. We got our fridge in August 2017, it was broke and needed repair to working parts in March 2018. Called Lowe's they have no record of the new substituted fridge they see a refund to our credit card for the one they didn't have but no new receipt for the one we got or the service plan we purchased. 3 months and hundreds of calls later they still cant find the service plan or the receipt for that or the fridge. We are grateful we were under manufacturers warranty or we still would have a broken fridge. Will NEVER purchase appliances from Lowe's EVER again we went back to Sears.

After 30 days it is covered by manufacturer warranty. When the manufacturer warranty ends, Lowe's warranties begin.

If you did indeed buy the extra warranty, the warranty center can find it. They keep records of that. It is not the retailer's job to keep track of your receipts.

It is yours, the customer. If you had bought it over the phone, you could have asked them to send it to you.

Review
Pros
  • Website pricing
Cons
  • Cant find my warranty info i paid for
  • Delivery to wrong house
  • Purchasing an item that was not in stock
Reason of review
7 of the above stated issues occurred and 4 months later we still do NOT have a resolution. want corrected
Preferred solution
I want my receipt found with my service warranty we purchased and 100 hours of my life back I wasted with these incompetent people tried to fix a problem that they still cant fix. I want my service plan AND a refund of the service plan amount

Lowes - 2900 huskvarna zero turn

2.7
I bought this on 4/11 used 3 times stopped going forward or reverse . When I purched it they told me that I had 90 days to return it . I called and told them I was bringing it back . they said NO that it had been over 30 days . I am ticked off at lowes . USED IT 3-4 TIMES !!
GapingChowChow

The point is the young lady told me I had ninety days . I know now about the 30 day Return. When you spend alot for a mower you think you would get a good mower ..

@GapingChowChow

Anytime you are making a purchase and are concerned about a warranty or store policy, ask to see the written version. Never take a salespersons word. They may be trying to make a sale or just don't fully understand the policy themselves.

@GapingChowChow

Warranty policy is written right on the receipt. After 30 days it is covered by the manufacturer.

Have you bothered reading their return policy? Mowers in like new condition can be returned within 30 days.

If you have used it, it isn't in like new condition. The mower should be under warranty. The warranty on power equipment covers repair, not replacement. Although it is frustrating, take it to a service center and get it repaired under warranty.

Just a tip, see if you can find a local service center rather than taking it to Lowes. They don't do on-site repairs and will ship it to a service center which just adds to the time you are without the mower.

View more comments (3)