Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes review: Nightmare of a simple fence project in Chesapeake

1.3
Our fence was supposed to be a “simple, one day project” in the offseason. We were expecting family with large dogs for an extended visit and wanted to finish our fence straight across the side yards of our small property- allowing the 2 big dogs to roam in the backyard. We experienced issues with Lowes and their subcontractor EVERY step of the way! Our project turned into a 6-month ordeal. Because they demand full payment up front, we felt stuck, thinking surely, we are past the worst... starting fresh with someone else and/or trying to get our money back would have to be worse, right? We used to trust LOWES and their products, but no longer even shop there. The system is so flawed—the LOWES coordinator is not local and is not familiar with product or installation. It usually took weeks for her to get back to us with any issue—meaning long delays. Though the subcontractor is local, they do not take any responsibility for the materials or ensuring proper delivery of supplies. They show up on installation day and cancel if anything is not there. (They refused to come and check in advance of install day). You are then at the whim of their packed schedule as to when they will return. Our “one day project” turned into a 6-month nightmarish process, and we are still waiting for the final follow-up from LOWES—now over a month after the completion. Still waiting for a call from the coordinator... Here’s just a few highlights of the problems we experienced: The subcontractor (FYI LOWES salesman stated they were good since they’d worked with them for 14 years…) cut our cable, phone and internet lines off at the house in preping for the fence. This meant we were without service for several weeks. Of course, we as the homeowners had to schedule and coordinate all of it. That wasn't the end of installation problems! On another visit, the water line was cut while digging a post hole, and we were without water until a plumber could come rectify the problem. The fence is now in, but obviously, we wouldn’t recommend the subcontractor: MId-Atlantic Millwork. In talking with the workers, for one it was his FIRST day, another had been working for the company a week... It wasn't just installation issues...the coordinating of materials by LOWES was also horrible. Part of our initial order was delivered to the wrong address. I even called while the delivery truck was in our driveway to alert there were missing parts… but LOWES assured me the computer said everything was okay. The contractor arrived two days later, and couldn’t work with only half the materials…Opps. The next time the contractor arrived it was discovered the wrong “posts” were ordered, multiple phone calls, delays for new parts and waiting for the contractor's schedule to be open... Next time the contractor arrived, it was determined the wrong “slats” were ordered, so no fence; more calls, long wait for contractor’s schedule… The final straw, 4 orders later... the slats and posts were fine, but not enough—we were short one section! The subcontractor “jimmied” the final section with the original "wrong" parts so the fence would be whole and withstand wind, etc. but it was nearly two months before they came back out to finish the section properly. As mentioned, the contractor felt no obligation to check out the parts in advance, as for the local Lowes manager, he said they were unable to check out materials delivered to a home...something about local store employees only employed to work inside the local store... LOWES coordination to pick up the wrong materials was a joke. When the truck did arrive to pick up the materials the driver told us, “Oh, there’s no pallet, so I can’t pick up. YOU need to call the office to have them send out someone to package it up properly… when that’s done, call them again to have a truck come back.” Since fence parts were sitting in our driveway throughout this long process, we actually got a letter from our HOA threatening to fine us… Oh, our original desire for the fence… the dogs... had come and gone by the time it was completed… We contrast our LOWES experience with that of working with a local company (American General Contractors) to have two stone patios put in. AGC coordinated the materials and delivery-adjusting material quantities seamlessly as needed, their work was professional and beautiful, completed ON TIME as promised- start to finish in less than a week! We couldn’t be happier with the outcome… and they ensured we were satisfied BEFORE taking the final payment. We were so sorry they didn’t do fences! LOWES has been nothing but frustration and problems, and everyone putting the blame on someone else. Since LOWES requires funds in full before starting, we are not getting return calls on our request for compensation/discount for the laundry list of problems we encountered. After all we endured, it doesn't seem that paying in full is appropriate.
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Wrong orders
  • Customer service was the worst
  • Poor follow up
problems with delivery/ordering/installing/customer service
Price reduction

Lowes review: Rebate

Still do not have my 40 dollar rebate from 4 gallons paint bought on May16 just keeps saying it is being processed!!! Really tired of it,want my rebate of $40 ‼‼Such a large company but never get an answer when I call them

have you called their rebate numbeR? they can let you know if it's been processed and sent in the mail.

sometimes they can reissue it if there's an address issue.

If they're no help I would call lowes' customer care department. sometimes they can fnid out if there is something going on too.

Review
#1311964 Review #1311964 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Rebate
Order processing issue

Never buy from lowes

1.5
We ordered a washer and dryer from Lowe’s 10 days ago. Because Lowe’s no longer installs gas dryers my husband took the afternoon off for the delivery so he could install the gas dryer. The washer came with installation if we purchased the hoses. Lowe’s delivery called to say they were running early so my husband left work early. When he got home he received a call that they couldn’t make it today. Long story short they put the washer on one truck and the dryer on another. The dryer can’t be delivered. We just had the washer delivered but the hoses to hook up the washer are on the other truck. Here we are So not worth the effort. We will use Home Depot or a local business for now on.

No matter who you choose to use in the future you may have delivery problems there as well. Just look at the complaint boards for other stores.

There are too many things that can happen in a day to delay deliveries that unfortunately some people won't get exactly what they had expected.

Never take time off to install a product until you have it. Once you have it, take the next day off.

Lowes miraculously was able to deliver the dryer this evening. The delivery people were great, this is a scheduling and process problem with management. We will definitely use another business for any future appliance purchases

Review
#1311945 Review #1311945 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes review: Avoid this store!

Only rating it a 1 because there is no 0. This store is to be avoided at all costs. Staff are incompetent, rude and lazy. What does that say about management? I have tried buying from this store because it's close to where I live. Never again! It's worth driving 100 km if you have to. Again: {{Redacted}}

Curiousgorilla514: I do not work for Lowes. I work in an entirely different industry.

what the *** do you expect from a "self service home improvement warehouse"? The same service a locally owned store would give you?

@Anonymous

Sounds like a freshly minted lowes manager has responded. Fortunately we have other self serve stores here that don't fail as consistently as lowes.

You guys need an award of some sort.

Failure like this should be properly recognized. Should be part of your 1/2 day training.

@CuriousGorilla514

Then apply to Lowes to be a manager and implement the changes you want.

@Anonymous

Wouldn't want to nudge you out of your dream job.

@CuriousGorilla514

Typical loser's lament, "you must work for(insert company). Go through these pages and that's the first thing you'll see when someone is confronted with a well thought out comment that doesn't match their lame narrative.

There's another one...

View more comments (7)
Review
#1311939 Review #1311939 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service

Lowes review in Nottingham, Maryland: Stainless steel rusted along with the rusting of the body of the grill

3.1
I purchased my grill equipped with lights, extra outside burner along with the 5 regular burners about 6 and a half years ago. Lowes had assembled it. I had to purchase a special cover. The outside was stainless, I thought it would last a long time as most of the grill was protected under a covered area on the deck, since it was only used by the 2 of us most of the time. After a couple of years, I noticed that the outside stainless steel had rust marks even after I cleaned and protected the outside with special cleaners, etc. Within a couple of years after the stainless was showing rust, the body (bottom) of the grill started to rust and peel terribly resulting in *** that got larger and larger. I could see the propane bottle thru the opening. What is so odd, the grates and the other parts of the grill are in excellent shape. I was unable to take a picture of the hole in the body because of the darkness. A friend said it was dangerous having the hole above the propane bottle, soI am taking my grill to the dump!
Product
Master Forge Grill
Cons
  • How the stainless steel and body rusted thru
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes review: Lost a customer

We bought a new B.B.Q. this past March and paid for them to assemble it. I bet we have used it ten times since then. This past weekend it would not work so we contacted the store and told the manager. We wanted it fixed or a refund considering it cost $450.00. A very rude response was given saying we should have bought an extended warranty and they would not refund or exchange it. WOW! A whole 3 months and this is what they offer? Our last one was 20 years old and still worked but just rusted out. Maybe this employee should have looked at our profile and the many thousands we have spent there over the years. It is a shame to have this level of terrible service come from any store but one that earns mega millions in profit makes it even worse. I have no options for repairs also. If I do find one it won't be free either. This company has plenty of competition and has made a bad call. All failure begins just like this. Gosh how I wish for the old days when customers meant something. Disgusted and moving forward to let all know to stay away. Shame on Lowes.

They cannot look at your "profile" and see how big of a customer you are. There are no profiles. There is no system to keep track of such a ridiculous thing.

It is not the responsibility of a retail store to stand behind a product. It is the manufacturer that stands behind the product.

My guess is you complaint leaves out the part where they told you that you would have to contact the manufacturer for warranty coverage. Get out your paperwork that came with the grill and follow the instructions for making a warranty claim with the manufacturer.

Lowe's doesn't manufacture BBQ's or anything else. So why in the world would you think you have a legit complaint against them?

The days of local businesses that stand behind what they sell are long gone, thanks to cheap *** *** that want cheaper prices. That's why Lowe's just sells the stuff and doesn't stand behind it. To be cheap.

So in effect you got exactly what you paid for. Cheap.

March wasn't 3 months ago. Quit puffing your story to make it sound sadder. What else are you lying about?

Machele

You fail to say exactly why "it would not work." You expect far too much from the seller of an item if you cannot explain to them or the manufacturer what the problem is.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Manager
Cons
  • Terrible service
Full refund

Lowes review in Avon, Indiana: Lowe's poor customer service and Fence Installation

Please do not use Lowe's for any home improvements (including Fence installation) If you are contacted by Ward Walker to set up an estimate...run and go with a locally owned company. I have spent over 2 months waiting for Lowe's to correct an incomplete and poorly installed fence. We moved into a brand new Westport home in Avon and although I had other options, I chose Lowe's to install out fence (HUGE MISTAKE). They hired independent contractors to do the work and although I knew this, was promised by Ward Walker that it would be installed without issue and he would make sure to it. I will never give Lowe's another dime of my money. I have escalated this to the corporate level with no resolve or repair. Lowe's is NOT a good company and please save yourself the trouble and go elsewhere.

Why wouldn't you go to a locally owned company anyway? Who do you think does the installations for Lowes? They Hire the local companies with the lowest bids to do their work and then add a nice markup and charge you more than you could have had the job done by hiring the local contractors on your own.

@Anonymous

For the warranty that I was promised. Clearly not worth it at all; however, it doesn't matter where I went in the first place, it should have been done correctly.

Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Failure to admit responsibility and resolve the issue
poorly installed and incomplete
Full refund
Tags
  • poor accountabilty

Lowes review: Unacceptable service

3.0
I moved into a new apartment and needed a stove. I ordered my stove from lowes online June 27th. Delivery would be the 15th of July, which was longer then I wanted to wait, but the stove was a good price, so I waited. Then I got the email saying "get excited" your stove is on the way. It will be delivered the 15th. Then the morning of the 14th I had a phone call from Lowe's saying I wouldn't be getting my stove on the 15, as they didn't even have it in the store. It would be on the truck that night. After that I received a email saying it would be the 25th. I made several calls to Lowe's, and they could care less about the fact I don't have a stove at all and theirs "nothing" they can do about the delivery. They only have 2 delivery trucks and because I'm not local, I'm going to be the last delivery of the day. So tomorrow is the "day" if something else doesn't happen. But I will never order from Lowe's again! In November of last year I bought a washer and dryer from Lowe's and the service was way better. But after this experience, never again. They lost a customer. Lowe's of Brockport NY is who my complaint is about.
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes review: Exceptional

Loews delivered on everything promised. They came and measured. Precision blinds did installation. They called and came schedule. Installer, Jay, was professional, quick and very accurate. Removed old verticals and installed three vertical within 45 minutes. Highly recommend....and very pleased! Rita Miller Cape Coral, FL {{Redacted}}
Lowes Blinds Installation
Good customer service

Lowes review: People seem to agree

glad to read that there are so many people who would never make another purchase at lowes due to the poor service its not the products they sell but the entire tone of their operation both inside and outside . when the item was priced incorrectly the associates were not nice when asked to fix the store error. That was just the beginning , it gets worse for there on in when we needed customer service from the CEO down the line. hopefully people will reads most of these posts and think twice when making a purchase from the company.

so how did the store employees know that YOU didn't switch the prices?

Where do you plan on shopping that you will get perfect service? Just look at Home Depot and Menards. There are just as many people on their complaint boards that would never shop there again either.

Lowes Customer Care