Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Do not special order

I ordered windows May 15 2018 was told by sales rep, would take 4 to 6 weeks . The 2nd week of June I was call and told windows would be in on June 23rd . I called June 26th and ask if windows showed up I was told they would be in June 29th and the company was having trouble getting maple wood. On June 29th I was called and told it would take another week company was having problems with the screening . The following week I was never called until July 12th that the windows were in. I went to the lowes in Whitehall Pa. and was informed the windows were not at the store .I told them I wanted a refund for the windows that were paid in full.I was told they can only give me a store credit or refund the lowes credit card that I closed the account on . Then they informed me the windows would be in on the 18th of July. I told them at this point I no longer want the windows and they still credited the lowes card . Now I have to wait three weeks to get a check from credit card company.
Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Ease of ordering windows
Cons
  • Being lied too
Reason of review
tell me the truth no bull
Full refund

Lowes in Cincinnati, Ohio - Don’t hire Lowe’s to install anything!

1.9
My location is so incompetent. I can't believe the problems that I have had. I hired Lowes to install a storm door and there has been no communication and the store is calling me asking who their contractor is. I have no idea. I have called the store numerous times and used the texting feature, I texted with Jenna and then Faith and the were no help. I spoke with store manager Brain and all he did was push the issue off on someone named Brenda. I can't get ANYTHING solved. My next step is to hit social media and then maybe something will be done. If not then at least I hopefully can stop this from happening to someone else.
#1519561

A few steps to consider contacting new CEO Marvin.Ellison@lowes.com. Contact Lowe’s Excutive Customer Care.

You can definitely use social media. We have been living in a hotel for 39 days now thanks to Lowe’s. Be sure to report to BBB.

When you get the name of the contractor makes sure he is licensed in your state and can show you proof of insurance before he starts the work. Good Luck!Follow our story twitter- @cropjester IG #weboughtawasher

#1519387

My Mom, a senior living in PA, paid for Lowe's to install Stainmaster carpet. She examined carpet b4 being removed from truck...was the wrong one!

She ordered the best quality and they sent a less superior type. She refused delivery and now waiting to reschedule.

#1519433
@RMitch

I’m so sorry that happened to your mom, it seems they like to take advantage of us seniors. We save our money and get excited for something new and then this happens.

I hope they make it right for your mother. So far I have not had anyone reach out to me to make it right.

Mt Moriah is the WORST!!

View more comments (3)
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes - Washer- Dryer purchase

Went in to buy new washer-dryer combo and use my military discount. The lady in appliance department was courteous and helpful. I found out that they(Lowe’s) requires you to buy a dryer pigtail, dryer vent tubing and new washer supply hose. When I got to the checkstand, the checker knew nothing about how to ring it up or bring my order up and they failed to give me the military discount. On top of that the units were going to be delivered a month apart. I went back, canceled the order and got my money back

For military discounts, you must be registered and actually ask for it at check out. If it is missed, you can always ask customer service to apply it.

I'm sure before you left the appliance dept, they told you exactly what was being delivered and when. As for the hook up connections, they are not required with every purchase.

#1519478

First off, Thank you for your Military Service.Second, Dear Anonymous. You need to be a little bit more respectful of our Military.

If the Government (good or bad) thinks they are good enough to risk their life AND give them a discount then by god they deserve it.

You must be the incompetent employee that waited on this customer. #enoughsaid

It's very possible you encountered a new cashier. Bet you weren't an expert on your first day of work.

When you left the appliance department you knew one of the appliances was in stock and the other wasn't. You also knew what the price of the appliances was and what you were expecting to pay with your discount.

Why didn't you just question the total while you were there rather than going back and getting a refund? I take it that your time isn't worth anything to you if you are going to go out and start the purchase process all over again elsewhere.

View more comments (2)
Product
Washer And Dryer Combination
Pricing issue

Lowes - False / No Delivery Of Appliance

I ordered a refrigerator on 7/11/2018 and at the end of day received delivery notification via text. I was told that delivery will be scheduled 7/12 at 12:30pm - 2:30pm. I had been waiting on that day for refrigerator and tracking their delivery status on website. I was marked to be 7th station; however at 6th stop. It ceased to move. At 3pm I had to leave for an appointment. Here is my ordeal: At 12pm I moved all item from fridge and they began to defrost. I turned on air cond to keep the food cool until 8pm. I called shipment company and they said they could not find my record. I called Lowes and they said all 3 items were loaded to the truck. I called Lowes again and they hold me on the phone forever. I went to the store at 7pm and agent told me I was scheduled for 7 days at least and they don't even have inventory. I even received delivery notification phone call and text and confirmed at least 2 times. I ended up have to wasted time, money, and electric and encounter food damages for all these and have to wait more time and energy for such erroneous delivery process. I am wondering if I should believe your next delivery. Tell me if you want my screen shot of delivery notification and tracking.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • False misleading delivery notice
  • Failure in delivery
Preferred solution
Honestly send / fix notification process
  • Lowes False Delivery Notice

Lowes in Indianapolis, Indiana - Complaint

the BG Lowes is pittiful...I have to say that the Lowes in BG is about the poorest customer service i have ever encountered i ordered custom blinds for every room in my home and paid for them in cash not cred not layaway or installments cold hard earned cash it was a chunk of change for all the windows that was the first week in april we are now in July and the job is still not completed after several attempts to get the right parts many calls to the store where no one wants to take responsibility its always someone elses fault...the installer even went to the store and called them after every failed parts attempt lets see they brag about being Veteran Friendly...he and they even give a discount to veterans....well its not worth it for this veteran family we will never purchase from there again...promises made none kept....i purchased an extended warranty on my front load washer and dryer that i purchased from Lowes it took 4 months for the washer to be fixed from leaking on my hardwood floors...and wall....and they suggested i call SAMSUNG for that to be fixed...REALLY FED UP FED UP....shop there with caution.....I hope there are Lowes employees on this site...or maybe management...this Veteran Wife is fed up....

Take Lowes to Court - and NEVER pay cash. If u charged on a credit card, u could dispute Lowes' lousy service and they would have credited u.

Also, NEVER pay upfront for anything. If u must, put the lowest deposit possible.

Post this to Yelp - so other won't go there. I was ready to go to Lowes tomorrow - now I won't.

First and foremost, how you paid has nothing to do with your problem and there is no such thing as layaway at Lowes. By the sounds of it, this is a problem with how the blinds are manufactured which Lowes has no control over.

They sound like they're trying to get things installed properly. You being a veteran's family has nothing to do with things. The world does not revolve around you and your veteran status. As for the washer and dryer, after 30 days of purchase you have to go through the manufacturer.

This is in the refund policy. You'd know that if you bothered to read it.

You waiting for your appliances to get fixed isn't Lowes' fault. That's on whoever repaired it.

@Anon

Anon this world should revolve and his veteran status and for you to dismiss it as easy as you did shame on you. Second you must be a Lowe’s employee and just from your rude and condescending choice of words I will never buy through Lowe’s either.

Which means by the way your Modesto Ca store just lost a customer that spent just under one million at that store in the last two years.

So do the math if you can afford to lose customers like me and my company then good luck in the future. From a veteran who backs up his fellow veteran

@One pissed off veteran

View more comments (3)
Lowes Blinds Installation
Order processing issue
Loss

Lowes in Sarasota, Florida - Don’t bother buying a A.O. Smith water heater unless you are doing installing yourself.

I paid $35 fee to have Lowe’s installer tell me to hire an electrician myself to upgrade to current code to replace a 13 yr old A.O. Smith electric water heater. In addition they said that I had to have an expansion tank which was a lie. Lowe’s Overcharge and under perform. I went with Plumbers Today. They did the electrical and the plumbing themselves. Plumbers Today never charge for overtime. Plumbers Today spent 5 hours on the job and made sure everything was working before they left. The A.O. Smith water heater was a commercial grade model that Lowe’s didn’t carry, and is made in the U.S. instead of Mexico.

so you hired a local that didn't follow code and was cheaper. Imagine that!

Lowes Water Heater Installation
Loss

Don't ever buy new construction windows from Lowes

The big problem with us is that Lowe's sold us the wrong windows with the wrong Mullion clips. Our inspector caught the problem and let's just say it's a big mess to fix. Strictly speaking, this could have cost us a fortune, as in having to replace all the windows with proper SHGC and proper mull clips.The big problem with us is that Lowe's sold us the wrong windows with the wrong Mullion clips. Our inspector caught the problem and let's just say it's a big mess to fix. Strictly speaking, this could have cost us a fortune, as in having to replace all the windows with proper SHGC and proper mull clips.
Product
Reliabilt Windows Window
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes in Modesto, California - Right hand knows nothing of left hand

3.3
We waited over two weeks for the white color fridge so when it can, we were relieved to finally get it. But... one of the door handles did not fit well and it was pictured and noted to get it replaced. After two days we called to check on it as we had no communication concerning. They had no record of replacement. After waiting 3 weeks for replacement, we had to reschedule the next day delivery since we had an out of town medical procedure. Today when we called to inquire about delivery, there was no record of part need nor delivery. Think twice about buying appliances from Lowe’s. Even the sales associates were less than stellar.
Lowes Refrigerator Replacement
Pros
  • Price and selection
Cons
  • Resulting product part replacement response and timeline
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE
  • Very Poor Warranty Service

Lowes - I canceled my order.

2.8
I ordered a new fridge today it showed I would get a $500 rebate. Till after we ordered and found out no. You are to buy 6 items to get that rebate. They should be I. Trouble for trying to scam people to believe this I canceled my order

Did you bother looking at the rebate form before you made the purchase? You will often see signs on appliances Stating "up to $$$ rebate".

Their largest rebates are on the purchase of a complete set of appliances.

Didn't $500 seem like a rather large rebate for just a refrigerator? If it's too good to be true it probably is.

Lowes Rebate
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - Newly purchased grill never delivered. 3rd party delivery company lied.

Purchased a gas grill on 7/8/2018 in the SF store, paid $89 for delivery to be made on 7/10. No one called and no one showed up on 7/10. I waited another day, on 7/11, still no delivery. I called the store and the grill went out for delivery ON 7/10 but was returned because 3rd party delivery company allegedly claimed "no one was home" when on the purchase ticket is both my telephone number and my landlord's telephone number. No one ever called either number. They just decided not to deliver the item. I now had to reschedule a re-delivery of this grill for 7/13. If they don't show up, I'm disputing the entire charge on AMEX and going to another store. I'm already NEVER purchasing anything of great monetary value from them again. Their employees are disinterested in helping customers and most look, dress, and act like they are still in high school. DON'T BUY FROM LOWES!

No need to go through the hassle of disputing it with the credit card. You never received the grill, so Just cancel the order and get a refund.

Service
Cons
  • Lack of respect
Problem with delivery