Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes - Toilet seat broken in 2 weeks

2.6
We purchased a new toilet seat. After only 2 weeks the toilet seat broke in half. There is only 2 of us, so it would not be excesive use. We were replacing the old one due to discoloration and that one was over 10 yrs. old. We took it to the store and the clerk told us that if it had been installed it would not have any warranty How could you possible say that? It was a defective seat, and they said that because it had been installed> We went to Home depot and bought another with full year installed warranty. Lowes is not for us any longer. Manager was "unavailable". Beware!
#1519318

You used it for two weeks. I wouldn't return it either.

The amount of contamination is just too risky to take it back. If it truly is defective, contact the manufacturer.

did you check the weight limit on the seat before you bought it?

h.kitchener

"Manager is unavailable" is the new scam stores are now pulling. Any store that tells you that does not deserve your business.

As for the seat, buy another, but from Home Depot or Menards, etc. The customer service girl is correct.

View more comments (2)
Product
Toilet Seat
Cons
  • Customer servie
Damaged or defective
Full refund
Tags
  • Worthless Warranty

Lowes - Lowe’s doesn’t hire reliable contractors

Lowes - Lowe’s doesn’t hire reliable contractors
The staff at the store is great but I would never use one of their contractor to install anything on our property ever again. I recently purchased a fence and the contractor was suppose to come on a Tuesday. They cancelled because their truck broke down. They promised to come on Friday. We waited all morning and no one showed. We didn’t receive a phone call or anything. We contacted the store and they called the contractor. They stated they were held up at another job and would be there soon. They never came. Monday rolls around and two of the workers show up without tools. They stated a third guy should be here with the tools. They call the guy who stated he cannot arrive for two hours. They asked us if we have tools. My brother told them no. The drive to Lowe’s to buy the tools. They finally start setting up the fence by the afternoon. 4:00 rolls around and they state they have to leave but will be back in the morning. Fence is not even half completed and we aren’t fencing in a large area. Morning has come and gone so far no one has arrived. No phone calls and fence still not done. I am a military veteran and cannot sit home all day everyday for weeks until they decided to show up. If I didn’t have an injury I would install it myself. NOT HAPPY!

Sloppy, no doubt about it. Subcontractors are a shot in the dark, especially when chosen by someone other than yourself. That job is not exactly brain surgery on its toughest day.Although I agree with your assessment of the situation, I'm not sure how you could consider military service as a shield against disorganization and incompetence unless you're permitted to use the enemy's weakness against him ; and I don't see how to execute that scenario here.

Lowes Fence Installation
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in West Mifflin, Pennsylvania - No one available

2.0
Why do the window shades people leave at 7 when the store is opened until 10? And by though they tell you they leave at 7 it is actually 6:30. There is one person covering all of electrical and plumbing. Where is the customer service?

You are shopping at a big box store. You shouldn't expect a lot of service from a big box store.

The bottom line comes above everything else in a publicly traded big box store. The easiest way to cut expenses is to cut payroll.

During the slower time of the day they will cut to a bare minimum of employees in the store. If you want great customer service go to a local store.

Lowes Customer Care

Lowes - Do not buy blinds from Lowe,s

This was my first time to buy blinds from Lowe's to save a few bucks. That was the worst decision I made. I needed guidance in selecting my blinds. You don't get that at this store. I bought 72" long blinds for a 58" long window. Width was 35" and they cut it to width - not length. Lowe's outsources the installation to Blind Wizard in Carolinas.. It took me 6 weeks to have my blinds installed. The installer-Rob Handley only hung the blinds and said, "He does not adjust the length. Lowe's rep should have explained to you when you bought them." Anyway, all the extra panels accumulate at bottom of the window about 2 1/2 inches.I regret spending $2000 and waiting 6 weeks for such a shoddy job. What a disappointment!
#1519327

It is a blind. You should have adjusters on it for length.

I don't see how you've lost $1700. Your blinds have been installed, they are not broken or damaged, and everything works accordingly.

Your only compliant is the length. Which you can adjust at home with no trouble as any reasonable person can.

Lowes Blinds Installation
Bad quality

Lowes in Charter Township Of Clinton, Michigan - Fence nightmare

I contacted the Clinton Township Michigan Lowes store online to schedule an estimate for a vinyl fence in mid April. On May 02,2018 William Weber project specialist came to our home to give us an estimate. My son had drawn up the fence specifications and gave this to Mr. Weber. We purchased $4200.00 vinyl fence. Mr. Weber said the fence would be installed by Kelly Green (the best installer Lowes has). The material ordered was not correct. When I asked Mr. Weber about this and if he gave my son's drawing to Kelly Green. His text stated he gave it to him and everything needed for the job would be there. The nightmare began on June 18, 2018 the day the fence was to be installed. I had 3 texts from Kelly Green confirming 06/18/18. However Kelly Green did not show up. I sent a text to Mr. Weber and to inform him of the no show. I then received a call from Kelly Green one hour later and was told he had 2 customers with the same name as mine and the other person and I had the same phone number and that was the job he was at. I told him that made no sense and I was very angry He said he would be out the next day. Later that day (06/18/18) I got a call from Kelly Greens company "The Green Machine" and Michelle tried to set-up the fence install for mid August I told her I just spoke with Kelly and he was coming out tomorrow. She had no knowledge of this. I asked her if she had another customer with my name and phone number she reply"no" He showed up the next day and I asked him if he had the right material he had no idea that the wrong things were ordered. He said that Mr. Weber did the ordering, when I told him Mr. Weber said he did the ordering he seemed surprised. I than asked him if he saw the drawing my son gave to Mr. Weber he said he never say the drawing. He proceeded to dig the holes, but they were not in a straight line so several had to be dug again or modified. I had to supervise most of the work they put posts in with cement but no water until I caught them then they would put the water in. There was 99 feet of fence and 1 gate to be installed. He took 5 days to install the fence. I spoke with the management at the store on three different occasions but they were next to useless. I was directed to call Joshua Frazee at CPO. He explained he was new at this job and would speak with Mr. Weber and Mr. Green. I don't know if he spoke with either of them because his follow through was poor to say the least. He said he would call me back on several occasions but only called back once. Mr. William Weber has no integrity, is dishonest and lacks any morals. Kelly Green is a young kid who barely knows how to put up a fence and just says what he thinks you want to hear. They are not very good at their job and should go back to what it said on the back of his shirt "Green Machine, power washing decks and snow removal" because they are way out of their league trying to put up fences. Dealing with Lowes and their project specialist, subcontractors and CPO has been an experience I won't soon forget. I hope I never have to deal with them again.
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • No acceptance of responsibility
  • Customer service sucks
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - The worst store in America

Cone flowers almost dead were 50 per cent off asked if the cashier could reduce them in price about 10 of them almost dry as a bone sain no the plant specialist KEVIN will be in at 11 am no manager csn reduce the price said no the plant speclist KEVIN also told me the that the sunflowers 4 a dollat r pernninals and comback ever yesr whst a JOKE WERE AND WHO HIRES THESE PEOPLE THE WORST

Just because they won't mark a product down to the price you want doesn't make them the worst store on earth. If you don't like their price don't buy the product there and go elsewhere.

When I was working retail I always knew what I could get for a damaged or less than perfect product. Yes, I would turn away lower offers but end up selling the product at the price I had it marked it within a day or two.

Stores are in business to make money. Giving discounts below what a product will sell for doesn't make sound business sense.

Lowes Manager
Pricing issue

Lowes - Lack of service on replacing a back door

This involes Loews in Seneca, South Carolina, Bi Lo Place Plaza address. We have a back door that needs replacing. It is a French door (right door, center joint, with inward swing). According to a Millwork Lowes employee, there is no mfg. Company who has our size door, therefore they will not be able to install a door on our home. The exterior frame of the door measures 72 h x 80 w. Loews did not offer to do a second measurement though a mistake in measurement could be the case. Worse case scenerio, a frame-out size correction (involving competent carpentry). Lowe's installer declined to do the door unless it could be ordered to exact frame size. To my understanding, this is a standard size door. Lowes subcontractors are substandard and the, service we received was non existant.

Sounds like an error in measurement to me. 72x80 would be a standard rough opening with a 71-1/2 x 79-1/2 frame size.

Even if your frame was 72x80 a standard door would fit in the opening as it is 1/2" smaller and would take minimal shimming and a change to wider trim.

If they are so picky that they will only work with an exact fit, most manufacturers will custom make a door....just be prepared for a big jump in price. All in all it sounds like they did you a favor as I doubt you project would have gone well if you had their contractor do the job.

Lowes Door Installation
Poor customer service

Don't buy blinds from Lowes!

We have bought three large sets of blinds spending thousands of dollars n new product including plantation blinds and we find out once Lowes installs blinds they don't repair them. There is no one that will repair Lowes blinds! Do not buy blinds from your Lowes store. They will replace right after installation if something is not right but forget their service later! Buy blinids elsewhere! We have talked with many people with the same experience. They do not service what they sell! I would recommend using other blind services that are owner operated or other franchises as Lows is not the place for window treatment. We have a broken blind and they will not fix. They only want us to pay for someone to measure the blind and pay them for a replacement. DO NOT BUY FROM LOWES {{Redacted}}

Lowes doesn't make the blind they sell, so the problem isn't that they were purchased at Lowes. More than likely the cost of the repair of the blinds would be more than the blinds are worth and it's not worth anyones time to bother coming out to look at them.

what on earth would have given you the impression that a discount home improvement store would do blind repairs?

View more comments (1)
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • No repair services
  • No servie
Full refund
Featured

Lowes in Union City, California - Displaced by washer installation- living in hotel

Lowes - Displaced by washer installation- living in hotel
We bought a washer that came with free home delivery and installation. The installer did not connect the hoses properly. He left before test run was complete. Thecwashroom is upstairs. Water was pouring through the dining room light fixtures. LOWES USES A THIRD PARTY COMPANY FOR INSTALLATION AND DELIVERY, but they do not tell you this. The number on the receipt is for a company called DSI but the phone is answered with “You have reached Lowe’s home Delivery”. The damage is so extensive that we are displaced from home. DSI used a subcontractor who refused to provide insurance information. DSI refused to provide insurance information. Days later Lowe’s gave me a claim number, and the adjuster called three days after that. Lowe’s sent an independant adjuster to assess the damages. I made it clear to all parties that I am a renter, please separate the claims. Stevelyn Wright who was assigned my claim said “let’s just keep it in your name for now”. I asked her to assign a vendor to pack/move/store our property so repairs could take place. She became angry and said “WE ARE LOWES, NOT INSURANCE”. I explained that I am disabled and the $500 the adjuster allowed for this service wasn’t reasonable. She repeated her comment, then said “ now the homeowner will just have to go through her own insurance”. Duh, I don’t know why you thought you could get me to take money on her behalf to begin with. It’s been over a month - I’ve spoken with 4 adjusters, wasted countless hours speaking with Lowe’s Customer Care, requested to speak to Mrs. Wright’s supervisor ( no, I can’t have his email or voicemail per customer service. They said they’d send him a message. ) Stevelyn Wright called after I told her I’d use my own insurance. I missed the call, tried to call back. I asked her to email instead, never heard from her. Oh yeah, I have audio of the guy admitting fault. Lowe’s has the audio, photos, and videos. They just don’t care.

It sounds like the people at Lowe's don't have any Conner sense!

How about a class action lawsuit against Lowe's?

Now you know. Lowe's employs subcontractors.

All Lowe's is responsible for is the malfunctioning appliance. The sub must carry his own insurance and bond. You're barking up the wrong tree trying to recoup from Lowe's.

And if it's not your building, it isn't your insurance problem. Your goods and items, yes ; the structure, not likely.

h.kitchener

What does your landlord say about all of this? He has insurance and you should also as a renter.

Between both yours and his insurance plus, of course Lowe's insurance everything should be fine. Except, apparently it isn't.

Get with your landlord, your own renter's insurance and see what can be done. You or your landlord might want to get an attorney involved for the discussions with Lowe's.

@h.kitchener

The landlord and I both have insurance. The problem was that Lowes assumed responsibility then withdrew part of what they said they would cover.The homeowners insurance hasn’t approved repairs yet, and don’t seem to be in a rush.Late to the game was DSI, who eventually provided insurance info, said they would help, then a week later said they wouldn’t.Attorney sounds like the next step, but not sure what area of practice specializes in this type of situation.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Washing Machine Installation
Damaged or defective

Lowes - Waste of $4000. Horrible install. No resolution.

2.7
Absolutely, the worst quality of workmanship, ever. Almost one year of back and forth between contractor, Lowe’s, and us. Lowes reps provided the wrong information and wrong padding for the Berber. The contractor did a substandard job with messy staples, uneven seams, and stairs cut too short. All are pointing fingers at one another. Over $4000 in costs for top of line Stainmaster carpeting and it looks horrible. Lowes does not stand by their customer satisfaction
Lowes Carpet Installation