Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Job application

Cant fill out a job applcation at lowes because of a email and password error it so stupid to have to have a password to fill out a job applacation. What ever happen to a applaction on a pice of paper. It is so simple to just do it on a pice of paper. Lowes just makes it more stupid.

Be mad at reality and not Lowes. No one is using paper applications in modern society. Honestly you dodged a bullet working there anyway.

Welcome to the real world. Everything is done on the computer anymore.

You would think that someone that can post to a complaint board with their cell phone ought to be able to fill out an employment application on a computer. I would guess that if you can't keep track of a password to fill out an application you might not be able to keep track of the passwords needed to use their computers if you had been hired anyway.

Work Experience or Job Application
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Zanesville, Ohio - John Deere mower

3.4

Update by user Jul 06, 2018

There bringing me a new lawn mower

Original review posted by user Jul 05, 2018

I just picked up my John Deere mower that I bought on June 29 2018 Got it Home had a flat tire and a dead battery. You would think paying $1600 for a riding mower the tire shouldn’t been flat and have a dead very pissed

Lowe's does not assemble JD tractors. They aren't allowed to do so.

Instead an outside vendor comes in for assembly. So yes, they wouldn't have known.

Be content they're willing to come exchange. They normally won't do so if the items were originally picked up in store.

Was the tractor in a crate or was it assembled? If it was in a crate they obviously didn't know the tire needed air and it is very possible the battery needed a charge.

If it wasn't in a crate why didn't you question the flat tire before you loaded it? Don't know that Lowes did anything wrong by your incomplete post.

Product
John Deere Lawn Mower
Damaged or defective

Lowes - Service

The customer service at Lowe’s Texas city texas is probably the worst in the entire state of Texas very rude and they have no idea how to do their job extremely slow spend long periods of time on the phone or visiting bottom line consider a new customer service workers the present ones are worthless and a waste of your money
Lowes Customer Care

Lowes Kitchen Remodel

2.3
I totally agree. I had Lowes remodel our kitchen cabinets and countertop. The countertop was relatively seamless, but contractor who did the cabinets was a complete idiot. I paid $527 for him to protect the floors during the kitchen demolition and he did not protect them at all. He put a couple deep gouges in our nice Pergo floors. He told me he would fix them, but has not done anything. He also scratched the floor badly while reinstalling the stove. At first he told me he protected the floor with a board and was very careful, and there were no scratches on the floor. After I told him to inspect the floor, he saw the scratches, but he blamed it on the age of the floor. He said the floors were "ancient" and "brittle" and that anything would scratch them. Lowes backs him up so there is nothing I can do about it. This is ridiculous. If you are thinking of having Lowes work on your kitchen, don't do it!
Lowes Kitchen Remodeling
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Quality of work
Not as described/ advertised
$20000
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Lowes in Saint Louis, Missouri - Refrigerator

Ordered over the phone on 6/29/18 Set up delivery for 7/2/18 Received two emails stating my refrigerator was ready for pick up on Sat the 30th and 7/1 Called customer service it was suppose to be a delivery and they stated there was no problem they have two different systems and assured me my delivery would come on 7/2 AM. When it was not delivered I went personally to the store to straighten out. First delivery available after that conversation was July the 4th. Stayed home got a email from my credit card company about a fraudulent charge. Contacted Lowes with no response at the store so I called customer service who assured me my refrigerator was on its way and would be here in the am. Called the credit card company and they informed me somebody tried to run my card number with the wrong zip code so they declined the transaction. Tried to contact the store #2300 again they have no way of checking or no what I am talking about. As we speak I am on the phone with customer service again. Not sure I will ever receive my refrigerator. Worst sales transaction I have encountered in my 60 Years.

Okay so, let me get this straight... You called Customer Care to order it.

They *** up your order and put it as a pick up. Store says easy fix, we'll take care of it. Then you start getting the credit card company calls close to delivery.Now let me enlighten you on a few things. First off, you aren't charged for your order until Lowe's prints out the receipt.

Lowe's cannot deliver until the item is paid for. So this is where your credit card company comes in. The credit card doesn't see the transaction until Lowe's tries to print. It comes up declined so they don't deliver your fridge.

Simple as that.The solution? Call the store yourself. Cancel your original order.

Place a new order through the store. Make sure you give them the right credit card information.

How did you lose $600? You say your credit card wasn't charged.

Lowes Delivery Service
Order processing issue

Lowes in Bend, Oregon - Carpet Ripoff

1.8
Have 420 sf of carpeting I needed done. Lowe’s quoted me $1,700 for the carpet and pad I wanted. They measured for 560sf and when I contacted them to tell them they measured wrong, they said the installer needs at least 2 extra inches on every side to install and that they have to go by what the installers say. I would have thrown over $350 in the trash can had I gone ahead with the project. Do your homework ahead of time and save yourself time, money and hassle. Don’t shop at Lowe’s.

You don't seem to understand how carpet is sold or installed. Carpet comes in 12' or 15' widths.

lets say you had an 8x10 area to carpet. that would be 80 square feet. Their quote would have been for 96 square feet (an 8' x 12') piece of carpet.

You will have an 8' x 2' scrap. Unless you rooms are exactly 12' or 15' wide and perfectly square you are going to have waste when you install carpet.

@Anonymous

If anyone doesn’t understand something, it’s you.I have 2 rooms that are each 17’7” long. Bedroom is 9’6” wide.

Living room is 13’ 10” wide. What I asked them to do was sell me two 12’x18’ rolls and use the extra 2’6” from the bedroom to make up the difference in the living room. Does that make sense? If not, go grab a calculator.

That’s 432 sf of carpet and I would have only wasted approximately 8” x 18’.They said no. Their installer wouldn’t do it.

@Anonymous

Why didn't you include this information in your original complaint? If you want people to take you seriously include the information that supports your position in your complaint.

@Anonymous

The installer would still need an extra few inches... The extra is there in case you need it under the baseboards.

It's better to have extra than to have too little and have you complain about being short.You could always get a second opinion from another company of course. No one is pushing you to buy installation from Lowe's.

@Anonymous

There are no baseboards yet. And for my situation, I told them exactly what I wanted. To me, saving $350 is more important than being 1” short along the wall because that wall was going to have furniture up against it anyway (plus the baseboard when I install it).

View more comments (4)
Lowes Carpet Installation

Lowes in Lewes, Delaware - $2,000 refrigerator cost me $3,200

Lowes was to deliver our new refrigerator on a certain date (we have the notice). We drove 150 miles to be at our beach house to accept delivery. Lowes did not arrive that day. I called Lowes and they said it would be delivered the next weekend. Again, we drove the same trip and Lowes did not deliver the refrigerator. They again said it would be delivered the next Saturday, which did not happen. Again, I called Lowes and they promised that the refrigerator would be delivered on Sunday. Finally, the refrigerator was delivered. After asking for a discount because of many hours of missed work, we were given a $300 refund. My costs of lost work in waiting for this refrigerator cost me well over $1,500. The refrigerator cost $2,000. Take the $300 refund, and it cost me $1,700. Add the $1.500 from lost wages, and the refrigerator ended up costing me $3,200. How is this called good service?????
#1512074

Why did you miss so many hours of work? You should have scheduled delivery for a day you weren't working.

Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver on promised 30% refund

Lowes - Horrific!
I have enjoyed shopping at Lowe's for years and have spent over $35,000 in their store totally remodeling an entire house ad yard! I recently hired their professional services to do siding and they sent one person in winter to do the whole thing. There are so many quality issues I can't even begin, then instead of siding under some windows they put aluminum with NO J Track or something and when a large rain came the kitchen ceiling flooded and caved in! I have been calling and dealing with their customer service and insurance people and NOT ONE CALL OR EMAIL BACK ever! It's just horrific! STAY AWAY Wtf

I have problems with my siding installation and Lowes has not been any help in correcting the problems. I have sent pictures of siding falling off but Lowes says it is only guarented for a year.

It's been less than four years. So much for Lowes standing behind their products. Hire a local contractor instead.

Lowes will not help you with any problems, even if the installation was not done properly. They don't even do an inspection after the job is done.

h.kitchener

Get a free consult from an attorney with the aim of suing Lowe's. The main lesson from your experience is that people should never have repairs/work like you had done by one of the big box retailers.

They hire who-know-who as contractors for the job and then when problems arise Lowe's blames the contractor and vice-versa. See an attorney.

Lowes Siding Installation
Bad quality

Lowes - Plumbing

I was at Lowe’s in Pompano Beach Florida This is ridiculous you asked them to call a person from plumbing in half an hour later they didn’t show up and nobody is trying to help you or nothing like that and they wasting My time this is absurd why you hire people to work at a place if they’re not going to be there to help you out what’s the point better go to Home Depot then stay in the stupid Lowe’s

Lol... It is called a “Do It Yourself” warehouse for a reason. If you cannot do it yourself and want full service, hire a professional at twice the cost.

Did you ever think the people they were paging were helping other customers. Having had spent a few years in retail I can tell you I ignored pages to the desk if I was busy helping other customers. I'd much rather close the $5,000 sale I was working on than rush over to the desk only to ask for a product that was on the shelf right behind them.

Lowes Customer Care

Lowes in Radford, Virginia - Generach Generator installation

It was an overall terrible experience from the financing being through a " HIGH RISK" lender and the credit monitoring people notifying me my credit score dropped 60 points to the installation being the most up professional company I have ever encountered, Blueridge Heating and air. It is 35 days into what was supposed to be a 4 day job. The first day, They did not call or show up. I should have asked for a different company at that point. WARNING !!! DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING UNTILL IT HAS BEEN INSPECTED. They hand you a form to sign and say " sign this, this means that you got your generator." They get paid and you will be like me 35 days into a four day project. It has failed inspection one time already. Blueridge Heating and air flat out lied at every turn. I ask for a different installation crew due to the fact they did not know building code, unprofessional work ethic, and they promised to send a new crew, same crew showed up today at 0645 which would have been had they called and let me know since I was told by the owner of the company that they would be here at 0930 . I have dogs that needed be let out. ALL I CAN SAY IS BUYER BEWARE!!!!! The inspector just left and has to come back again this afternoon because it still did not pass, or the spin that they placed on this is " well the inspector is coming back this afternoon to make sure we secured the gas line because "It was a suggestion" He will leave a sticker then! LOL

Your comment is chock full of spelling errors and is too long to read in its entirety.

Lowes Generator Installation
Cons
  • Disinterest on the part of lowes employees
  • Employees lack of knowledge and lethargic approah
  • Poor or nonexistent customer service clerk beyond disrespectful
Bad quality