Port Charlotte, Florida

My husband (a vet) doesn't get veteran discounts at lowes even though his drivers license show vet on it. He was told he had to have a or carry his dd214.

How many vets carry around their DD214? His license should be enough to confirm hes a vet. The cashier told him he must have a dd214 to get a discount. I wrote their customer service and never received a answer.

I just think its ridiculous that its this way. I understand policy but she should have called a supervisor up.............................................i am tired of typing i don't need a

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Cashier.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

I'm a Veteran myself, with that being said, if I go to a business and they offer a discount for Vets that's fine, but I won't ask for one, and if they ask for ID which is understandable, I show them my VA Card or a small copy of my DD Form 214. I think it's great these companies do that, but I also think that Vets need to stop expecting these perks.

It's enough for me to know I served my country and will do so again, if folks want to thank me for that, that's fine, and if they don't, that's fine also, I did not serve in the Military for the glory and praise from the public. I served because I love my country and wanted to do something worthwhile.

#919263

ENTITLEMENT AT IT'S FINEST. Seriously get over yourself.

My military friends think you people who do this are total disgrace to their career choice. They did not join the military for a 10% discount.

It's getting tiring hearing vets cry about not getting a discount. Don't quite know why they feel they are so much more deserving of a discount than many other professions.

They have plenty of benefits that came with the job.

You don't hear teachers who educate their children complain about not getting a discount even though many have to spend part of their hard earned income purchasing classroom supplies that their schools can't afford. For the vets that take pride in their service and don't feel insulted because they don't get a discount here and there, THANK YOU for a job well done, you service to our country is greatly appreciated.

to Anonymous #951499

I repeat my Post to you my friend, I like your post: