Just as all the other posts on here I got taken by Lowe's who sold this junk to me as the best thing since peanut butter. Three years ago I totally built a new deck replacing an old one that had been there for about 25 years.

I build the deck with pressure treated materials including the decking itself. (NOT CHEAP) After completing the construction I asked the guy in Lowe's paint department what he would suggest I used as a paint/covering that would hold up in the Florida weather and he handed me a can of Olympic Restore It. Promised it would do the job and look good for many years. iI should add that the wood used was very dry with absolutely NO MOISTURE since it was in the sun with no rain touching it for the entire length of the construction.

Well, I guess the time it has been there now sets a new standard as to definition of many years.

The stuff is cracking and in some place beginning to peel. I bought it for two reasons....I wanted the color I could get plus the PROMISE OF LONGEVITY AND NEITHER PROMISE HAS BEEN TRUE.

Now I'm facing the expense of somehow cleaning this junk off my deck and finding a GOOD REPLACEMENT.

Product or Service Mentioned: Olympic Paint And Stain Paint.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: ADEQUATE REPLACEMENT PRODUCT PLUS ADDITIONAL FOR DECK ADD-ON.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 27.

Comments

Why didn't you buy plastic or composite decking if you don't want it to look like wood?

80% failure rate of all of these types of deck "restore" products and they are still selling them. Why? Because people believe the marketing hype and the 20 year old kids selling it.

Why would you put a product meant to restore old decks on a new deck? It's made to cover ugly split decks in order to add a few years to their life. A little research would show that cracking of this type od product is not uncommon.

SpottedZorse153
to Anonymous #1548281

IT'S PRETTY SIMPLE..........I WANTED THE COLOR INSTEAD OF THE OFF THE SHELF PRODUCT. BESIDES..........IF IT'S OKAY TO REFINISH THE WOOD WHY WOULDN'T IT BE OKAY TO PROTECT THE NEW WOOD?

to SpottedZorse153 #1548675

Most people would protect the deck with a good oil stain or sealer. You may have had to go elsewhere to get the color you want but putting restore on a deck and hiding the looks of the wood doesn't make sense.

SpottedZorse153
to Anonymous #1549125

obviously you don't understand the SIMPLE PART. I DID NOT WANT THE WOOD COLOR NOR THE AGED WOOD COLOR......I WANTED THE DECK COLOR I CHOSE. GOT IT?