Madison, Mississippi

I had gone to Lowes to get fertilizer. On the way in, I noticed they had vegetable plants on sale.

I bought the fertilizer and loaded it in my care when my wife called and needed some mosquito spray. I went back in, got it, and was headed back out to buy a couple of tomato plants when 2 female employees jumped in front of my cart. I told them I was just going to get a few other things but they wouldn't let go of my cart. I left it and as I was leaving she yelled across the store to what looked like a manager that I was trying to leave with merchandise.

Embarrassing.

I've shopped there for years but never again. I'm a 60 year old Professor and never stolen anything from anyone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Manager.

• Lowes embarrassing shoplifting exp

Comments

I went to Lowe's in Fort Oglethorpe, GA to purchase a small chest freezer. The display model was damaged and had a clearance price on it.

I told the sales person that I did not want the floor model. She checked in the back and told me that they still had some in their warehouse. I asked her the price. She told me it was the clearance price, that they must be changing models.

I waited a week for the delivery because I didn't want the display. When they finally delivered the freezer, they said it was damaged. They had brought me the display model. (and the delivery was a nightmare, too).

I called the store and they told me that I would have to come back in and let them credit and rebill for a new one.(and of course it costs more).

Then I tried to log in to leave my complaint and it is telling me that the user name or password is incorrect. (and I know it isn't!)

Why?Did you not pay first.You could have alway's came back for the package.Seems like you were trying to get something for nothing.You very seldom see a person load their vehicle first without paying.

I find it hard to be believe they jumped in front of your cart, all dramatic about spray. Maybe power tools.

I think you were heading out with it, stealing or not stealing, and they just asked if you've paid for that. Stop the drama.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #656122

If you hadn't paid for the mosquito spray and were headed outside with it, what were the employees supposed to think?