18795 US-441, Mt Dora, FL 32757, USA
3.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Hi Folks: I am a loyal customer to Lowe's but have a real problem that needs a solution. I have been to their stores in Central Florida each day for the past three days trying to buy an advertised item, the Preen Red Mulch advertises at 4 bags for $10.

Their stores are out of stock and, ridiculously, don't offer Rain Checks???? On top of that the only solution offered to me was to pay for the 20-24 bags I need now and wait for the item to come back in stock.

Again, you advertise an item, you don't have any stock, you tell customers to come back the next day hoping to find this item, and after three days, you tell me I can't have a rain check and I MUST pay for your mistakes now to be able to take advantage of the sale price? Who is writing the policies that go so far to *** off customers?

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Lowes Cons: Adv items no stock multiple trips no rain checks.

Comments

Same problem in Ann Arbor, MI. Sale price mulch color I needed out of stock - needed some to finish job.

Went to Menards and the exact same color on sale was sucked dry too. I have a feeling small contractors stockpile mulch during these sales leaving the individual "home improvement" customers out of luck at times. I guess I can't blame Lowes / Menards too much, they have inventory the want to move before the weather changes around here. Should they limit individual purchases to a max of so many bags at this price?

Maybe that would help - but the hoarders would probably just send multiple guys (or trips) to buy them out anyway. It is frustrating, but I honestly can't see a clear solution. I now wish I bought more the 1st time I was there before the inventory was depleted at this particular store. Live and learn.

Their ads usually say "varies by location" which is true. There was a ton one day and cleaned out the next, but 20 miles down the road they have plenty. Looks like I'll be hooking up my trailer and buying in bulk like I would have expected the contractors to do, but the convenience of the bags is sure nice at that price and let's face it - if our new Millennial workforce can find a easier way to do their jobs, they will sniff it out on their smart phones and fill their trucks with bags they don't have to shovel. LOL.

I'm not inclined to pay in advance for a non-sale price however item however and wait. I'm with you there!

I'd wait for the sale price though, but like you said, they don't offer rain checks. I guess if they did, they would spend a fortune transporting it from store to store for a very low profit margin margin.

I had the same issue. False price advertising. I will shop somewhere else.