Got an early morning e-mail from Lowes Pros with an offer for a Pressure Washer for half of its original price. I jumped on it first thing and was delighted to see it was in stock and the order went thru. Two days later, I received an e-mail telling me that the item was no longer in stock. I called and told them I wanted to keep the order open and avoid cancellation. I was willing to wait for the item. The next day I received another e-mail stating the order was canceled. When I called in, the person I spoke to was rude and spoke over me as I tried to talk. She was adamant that they could not fill the order. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he or she refused to speak to me.

They offered me another pressure washer for $100 more money plus shipping with a 10% off discount. The one I ordered had free shipping. My order # placed on 10/15 is 35756958.

Needless to say, this experience has left a terrible taste in my mouth and I don't plan on doing business with Lowes in the future.

I understand that the item I purchased was a very good deal and perhaps Lowe's error was to offer it at such a reduced price. This feels to me like bait and switch and I won't fall for such practices from a company I used often and trusted. The thing to do would have been to either wait for the product to be reordered or to offer another similar product at the same great price, not an upcharge and customer pay shipping.

I am extremely upset over this event and need to be heard.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Deal.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Getting the run-around.

Comments

Please contact us and quote 11076654 and we will be happy to deliver the product and add an extra discount, apologies.

When I went in my local store a week later, low and behold, they had three in stock at a higher price than before the discounted one. So, no, not a clearance item.

Yes they should have found me one at the price quoted.

All I’ll buy there now is rocks. They can’t damage those.

They should have gotten you one from another store and charged you the price that you were quoted. It may have costed them a few bucks, but it would have been a small price to pay for keeping a good loyal customer.

Sounds like this was a clearance item. The store cancelled because they cannot receive more in stock.

That's why it's been clearanced.

They cannot keep an order they cannot fulfill. It's that simple.

Most likely it was a clearance item. Ince they are gone, they are gone. These Big box stores are notorious for haveing wrong inventory counts.