Verified Buyer

Bought a Midea dishwasher from Lowe's. Salesman convinced me to try a lesser know manufacturer (my original choice was Bosch) coupled with a Lowes insurance plan with it.

After only 9 times running the dishwasher, the inside door latch broke off. This latch controls not only lock and unlock door position but also controls the interior lighting and all wash cycles. When I called Lowes they informed me Lowes won't service until the manufacturer's 1 year warranty expires! OMG..

I wouldn't have bought the dishwasher without insurance and after 12 months it would automatically be covered under my home warranty insurance like all the others anyway! So my fears kicked in. The so-called repair company Lowes contract with is so pitiful and I've been fighting with them since 10/14. Look at the reviews I've attached...

looks like I will have a bunch more of terrible customer service. I want my insurance premium back- who buys insurance a year in advance especially since I'm moving in March next year.

User's recommendation: Go back to Home Depot- I was boycotting and look what I get !!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Midea America Dishwasher.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lowes Pros: Location.

Lowes Cons: Poor subcontractors.

Location: 1111 Eastchase Parkway, Fort Worth, TX 76120