814-14 NC 24 27 Byp E, Albemarle, NC 28001
3.6
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I replaced the two toilets in my mom's house as she wanted to have a higher seat since she is getting older. Purchased them at Lowe's as she wanted to use her Lowe's card.

(Lowe's pretty much dominates the market here as it's a small town--there aren't many options)

Got home and discovered that one of the two was broken and had to take it back. It was my fault for not checking closer as the box had been opened.

Anyway, got them installed with little difficulty (one bath dates from 1933 and second from 1952).

I live in this same house as she and my step dad need assistance in many things and I have become a caregiver of sorts.

In using these toilets I have discovered that when I have to use them, for loss of a better way to say it, do number two, I am constantly having to plunge it as the waste doesn't get swept away and clogs the drain.

I have never had to plunge any toilet that I have owned as much as I have to plunge these.

It is really disheartening to have to face this problem multiple times a week. I don't know if it's poor design or what but I am really, really dissatisfied with these toilets.

I am unable to find any info concerning a manufacturer to air my complaints.

I'm unhappy in the, sorry, crappiest manner and don't know what to do about it.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Lowes Pros: For the larger part the only game in town.

Lowes Cons: Also basically the only game in town.

• Toilet Clogs Easily
  • Poor Toilet Design

Comments

Okay, how is this a complaint against Lowe's? Lowe's did not manufacture the toilet.

And Lowe's did not install the toilet.

So how do we know that it's not something that you did wrong and installation? I don't understand how you're digging Lowe's for a bad toilet?

StandingRiverDolphin224
@Anonymous

Because it's their store brand and there is no manufacturer site to be found. As far as installation, I have installed plenty of toilets and there was nothing done wrong.

Additionally, any company selling a product such stand behind it. If they can't then they shouldn't have it on their shelves.

You get what you pay for. If you paid $225 for 2 toilets they would have been at the low end of the price range for the toilets they have in stock. If you would have spent a little more you would have been able to purchase a toilet with a better more efficient design.

@Anonymous

Just like with the bicycles from Wal-Mart. Only you DON'T get what you pay for with them.

You get MUCH LESS THAN WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Dangerous Crap Quality Bicycles. They should all be discontinued and put back on a ship to China where they came from.

#1732043
@Anonymous

P.S. I would hate Wal-Mart bicycles just as much if they were made in America by White Trash making minimum wage.

The country of origin isn't the issue. I don't care where the bicycle is made, just as long as it is made of the best quality materials

StandingRiverDolphin224
@Anonymous

I've never installed a high end toilet, have always gone with price and have never had a problem before. Why should they sell a product that doesn't work?

By your reasoning I should be driving a Lexus since they are rated most reliable by Consumer Reports. Problem is, I can't afford to buy items above the low end of the price range.

Inexpensive does not have to equal poor performance. I've put in several inexpensive toilets in the past and never had an issue.