State: Arizona City: Phoenix Clear all filters (24 of 4916 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show
Lowes review - Faulty Travertine Tile:Class Action Needed
I fought with Lowe’s for over several months on this. At that point, I only had a few holes. They sent a Lowes team out and offered to fix it. I told them I wanted my money back for the tile and the installation cost. They refused and I started to work with “3 on my...
#1711930

Who wrote $7.00 monetary loss? The entire thing is a loss. I holes everywhere

View more comments
Tiles
Bad quality
Full refund

Lowes review in Phoenix, Arizona: I paid for a dryer that they never had

On Nov 21 I ordered a washer, dryer and ped. I got a call saying that they would deliver it in 2 weeks. On Dec 7, I got a call 5 min. before the store closed telling me that they had the washer but no dryer. I asked when it would be in the said MAYBE the end of Jan. I had torn down shelves to make room with the taller machines. They sold me something that they didn't have. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB.
#1619737

They do not carry in store most of the appliances they sell, they order them from the manufacturer once they are sold. Some of them have to be shipped in from overseas which takes a while as ships move slowly and then the products have to go through customs when leaving or entering another country, not accounting for delays like weather conditions. If they stored every appliance that they sold in the store they would need one huuuuge building.

If it was going to take 2 weeks to deliver when you made the purchase it meant that they had to order it from the manufacturer. Normally it would deliver within.

2 weeks if the manufacturer had it in their warehouse. My guess is that you purchased either a LG or Samsung product. When their warehouses is the United States run out of an item they have to wait for it to come in from Korea. Unfortunately the stores ordering the products don't know it won't be coming till the truck gets there with the product marked as a backorder on their packing list.

Unfortunately the store has to give you the bad news. It really isn't their fault, it is the manufacturer who caused the delay and failed to inform the store as soon as they placed the order that the dryer was out of stock.

Service
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Did not have machine that i bought
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Defrauding Customer

Lowes review in Phoenix, Arizona: WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EXPERIENCED IN MY 50 PLUS YEARS

I ALSO POSTED A REVIEW ON TWITTER. THIS HAS BEEN A NIGHTARE. TO SUMMARIZE: THIS IS FOR AN LG SIDE BY SIDE REFRIGERATOR. THE FIRST FEW DAYS IN AUGUST 2017, THE REFRIGERATOR STOPPED COOLING. I LOST ALL OF THE FOOD. IT TOOK LOWES 11 DAYS TO FINALLY HAVE THE COMPRESSOR REPLACED. I RENTED A REFRIGERATOR, AND AM STILL WAITING FOR A REIMBURSEMENT. I WAS TOLD THAT THEY NEED ME TO RESUBMIT (THIS AS OF 12/12/2017), SO I AM RESUBMITTING MY RECEIPTS FOR THE RENTAL FOR THE THIRD TIME!!!!!! THE ICE MAKER WENT ON THE FRITZ SHORTLY AFTER THE ISSUE WITH THE COMPRESSOR. 4 SERVICE GUYS HAVE BEEN SENT OUT - THE 4TH ONE AS OF 12/14/2017. HE DECLARED THAT HE WOULD ORDER ANOTHER PART BUT BASICALLY I AM STUCK WITH THE REFRIGERATOR THE WAY THAT IT IS. IT MAKES ICE RANDOMLY- SOMETIMES I HAVE ICE, AND THEN AGAIN IT MAY BE DAYS BEFORE I SEE ANOTHER ICE CUBE. THIS IS *** I GOT A LEMON, AND THE FRIG SHOULD BE REPLACED. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT LOWES AGAIN FOR ANYTHING BIGGER THAN A LIGHT BULB AGAIN. AND FORTUNALEYLY A HOME DEPOT IS JUST A COUPLE BLOCKS FROM LOWES.

Why are you blaming the retail store for the problem you are having with your refrigerator? It seems like your complaint would be with LG.

Lowe's didn't make the fridge, IG did. Home Depot probably sells the exact same one.

Your complaint should be directed to IG. (which in case you didn't know, is a cheap Korean company whose products are no better than any other imported products).

Service
Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Customer service is unresponsive
  • Lack of response
  • Customer service was unbeleivably
Poor customer service
Full refund

Lowes misrepresents their extended warranty, not worth the paper it's written on !

I purchased a $400.00 Husqvarna self propelled 4 wheel drive lawn mower from Lowes. The salesman assured me that if I purchased the extended warranty for this purchase that no matter what happened it would repair it or replaced it for free. I paid the $52.00 for the 2 year extended warranty under this advice. This mower also had a 2 year limited warrant, right before the 2 year mark the blade stopped turning on the mower. On inspection the adapter the blade attaches to had spun and ate out the star shape that holds the blade to the mower. I took it back to Lowes and was treated like *** by the girl at customer service, she was full of advice on how what happened to the mower was probably my fault and probably not covered by the warranty. I was then told they would send the mower to the repair facility which is in California. After 3 weeks I called to see what was going on with my mower and was told the repair would cost upward of $150.00 and that it was not covered by either warranty because they determined I must have hit a rock with the mower and stripped the adapter. I have no rocks in my yard but my word apparently means nothing ! I told them to send the mower back and I would repair it myself and that I would not ever buy anything from their store again. I feel cheated and I was lied to. Lowes should be ashamed treating good customers in this manner and I would not recommend any buy anything from them.

They absolutely do. I have had my mower 2 years this is 3rd. EVERY year I have to take it in UNDER warranty and pay!!!!

#1208282

Dont hit rocks dummy

Husqvarna Hu675awd Lawn Mower
Warranty issue

Lowes review in Phoenix, Arizona: Unfriendly and no customer service at all!

I just purchased pavers, and heavy bags of rocks; the cashier was impatient with my credit card not registering in her machine-she didn't know if it should be inserted with the chip, or not-she only cared about being in a hurry to go to lunch! Did not care to ask for someone to help me load the material in my car - no help, and very unfriendly. If Home Depot carried the same material, I would never go to Lowe's!!!
#1119572

I'm a cashier at lowes and I'm sorry that you received poor customer service in your store. Not all cashiers are slackers like this one.

Please don't let one bad experience ruin your views on lowes. I love my customers and go out of my way to make their shopping experience enjoyable.

My one and only question is, at what point did you ask for assistance.

Lowe's is a customer focus company...

but they are not mind readers.

Poor customer service

Lowes review in Phoenix, Arizona: Bait and switch!!

2.0
Lowes review - Bait and switch!!
Ordered a light fixture Item #: 411817 Model #: 1271 SN, which is pictured on line as a 3 light fixture. I received a single light fixture. I called the 800 number where the agent advised me that they have a disclaimer that states they are not responsible for errors on their website and I could order two more lights at 3 times the original cost if I like. She went on to say that it was pictured with 3 separate lights. I pointed out that she was incorrect. After listening to her lies and misinformation, I asked to speak to the supervisor, all she did was to fob me off to the local store taking no responsibility to correct the issue.
Order processing issue

Lowes review in Phoenix, Arizona: Lowe's closed my credit account for no reason

I had a payment "bounce" per Lowe's even though my account is active with funds,once I saw this I reissued the payment with same information on file and it magically went through. Low and behold they closed my account due to this and will not reinstate. This was also done without me knowing, I had to log into my account after my card was declined. I spoke to a tech and they verified that the funds came from the same account that has made my last months payment perfectly. There solution it's the banks fault, if they admit fault we will discuss reinstating the account. No apology for fees or anything. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Like every other Manufacturer. Lowes does not control their Credit Card Services.

GE Money does.

Lowes has 0% input or ability to do anything with the account other than open it at the store level, Charge to it, or make payments to said account. Everything else goes through GE Money.....so get pissed at them smartie

#1619612
@bleh

you must be one of their lazy *** employees who run when you ask for help of any kind.....not even my biggest complaint.....they sell gift cards but shut your my lowes card down when you purchase these cards......of course I will never forget the 75 year old delivery driver who could not see and totaled my truck by backing up wiyhout a spotter....screw lowes and your comments...your the ***

Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes review in Phoenix, Arizona: Time to cancel the card

I have been a Lowe's credit card holder for almost ten years, and as a general contractor, I use it all the time. I make big payments every month. Last month, my assistant made an online payment for me. When my account did not register right away, she made another payment. She called Lowe's when she realized it was a duplicate, and the lovely lady told her to how to cancel the extra payment online - no problem. It has been nothing but problems ever since. I made a $5000 payment ten days ago...went to use the card today and it was....declined. After hours on the phone, the only answer we got was...fax your bank statement proving it came out of your account. Did I say it has been ten days? I have never been late and I make large payments, well over the minimum, every month. Now, all of a sudden, the rules have changed. Time to cancel the card.

Lowe's has been nothing but a PITA to me when they first decided to change my payment due date(from the 15 th to the 1st), then jack up my interest rate to over 24%! When I asked them "why", they essentially said "because we can!' I am a contractor, who has made several thousands of dollars worth of purchases from my Local Lowe's store (located in Camden, Delaware)over the last eight years or so.

When they did this, I paid off my balance, cut up my card and have vowed to never shop with them again! I will keep my account open as long as possible so I can reap the benefits of my long association with those clowns.

My guess is that when your assistant screwed up making 2 payments, both may have been canceled when you canceled a payment. A quick check of your bank statement would tell you.

It's obvious that you make mistakes as 2 payments were made. You seem to be quick to cut a 10 year relationship IF 1 error is made on the part of the company that handles Lowes Credit card.

Perhaps they should be the one closing your account because you are being a PITA. Who screwed up first, you or them???

Lowes Credit Card
Tags
  • Lowe s Credit Card

Lowes review in Phoenix, Arizona: Your practices

In 2005 my husband was an employee at Lowes. He was to have been a full time employee, but due to a mix up in training date, he was not listed as such. They were in the process of fixing that when he became ill, he died in Feb, 2006 of MRSA. He was 60 years old and had never been sick ever. Your company not only denied his life insurance, but in your most understand and caring way charged me over $600.00 to replace and install two hollow core normal bedroom doors. No discount, no compassion, just business as normal. My husband told me when he started working there that Lowes was a great company and would take care of him. RIGHT! I haven't been in Lowes since, will never go into Lowes again, and will tell everyone I can to shop at Home Depot. You don't give a hoot about your employees, your supervisors don't know squat, Your HR people don't know squat and the stock he took out goes up and down more than any roller coaster in the world. I hope Lowes gets EVERYTHING they deserve, and I hope this was an isolated case and you don't screw all your employees like you did my husband. I do thank the two employees that came to his viewing, and the one that came to visit him in the hospital. I have waited years to get this off my chest, and I do thank you for that!

My husband died on the job in the parking lot of Lowes Prattville. They say he didnt have life insurance.

I saw him sign up for it. I know he had it. The day he died in their parking lot while working I pulled him off the vent - the day he died they closed his My loweslife account so I couldnt see anything. They tol me it was workers comp - gave me cards told me not to use my BCBS but when he died they denied everything.

I got an attorney because they did not give me the life insurance and give me workers comp. Bless your heart!

#702022

Lowes doesn't care about their employees. Right before I left, one of my loaders was hit by a car and killed.

One of the ASM's told me he called out sick. I found out by a customer how my loader died. When I confronted the ASM about it, he said the police came in asking about his next of kin, but that didn't prove he was dead. He was so heartless.

This was on Christmas eve, and he had the nerve to tell me to get over it and get back to work. There was no memorial or anything mentioned of him. Lowes really doesn't care about their customers or employees, all they care about is their bottom line.

Lowes was the only place I have worked where I actually had to double check my hours, if you went over a certain # of hours, you didn't get paid for it. Your time was magically edited and of course the computer did it on it's own :sigh

This is common practice in the retail world. I work for a competitor of Lowes and I can assure you it's no different.

The people in charge don't care about us. All they care about is making more money on our hard work. I can assure the hardest part about working retail is working at the store level or in the warehouses. The big wigs at the general office think they know everything, when in fact they do way less work and know nothing while getting paid way more.

The whole system is corrupt. Richest man in Wisconsin owns where I work, yet he can't pay a decent wage or even give us a fridge in our break-room, forget decent AC during the 90+ weather.

No one gets the insurance threw our company because it's horribly expensive and does not cover much. You can be an amazing worker but one complaint about you by some crazy customer and you're gone.

I know what you are saying as I am a former employee of Lowes also. That is the way most stores are run, not just Lowes.

View more comments (3)

Compare Lowes vs Home Depot

Latest Question

Lowes Questions

Screen Door from Lowes

about a month ago I ordered a Screen Tight Meadow in Natural Wood Screen Door. The door was 30 dollars more than Home Depot but I ordered from Lowes because the shipping claimed to be a week sooner. Needless to say the door did not arrive in time and when it finally did (10 days later than they claimed) the screen was ripped. So they offered to replace the screen, that was now 11 days ago and they tell me is "should" arrive sometime next week. Lesson learned - will NEVER shop at Lowes again, their attitude is so lax concerning customer care. This store sucks!

They estimated the manufacturers time of delivery. The rip was caused during shipment.

When else "should" they tell you it would arrive.

Why again was this Lowes fault? Because they were not overly apologetic, because they didn't go to the manufacturer to pick up the screen and deliver it to you personally, because an employee was there during the whole shipping process to make sure there was no damage to the door...ugh

ALL ORDERS PLACE VIA RETAIL STORES THAT ARE SHIPPED TO STORE ARE ESTIMATED DATES FOR ARRIVAL NOTHING IS GUARANTEED. The rip is unfortunate but it does happen and generally by the people shipping the item so be PlSSED AT THEM.

I work for a competitor of Lowes, I do a bout 1-2 special orders a week and every time I'm sure to tell the guest that's it's an estimated date and it could be here quicker or take much longer.

I've placed orders that say it will be here in 7 days for it to take 21 days. We've even had orders for certain items that say 14 days to take 6 months to get in because of supply and demand.