State: Arizona City: Phoenix Product: Lowes Credit Card Clear all filters (3 of 84 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - Lowe's closed my credit account for no reason

I had a payment "bounce" per Lowe's even though my account is active with funds,once I saw this I reissued the payment with same information on file and it magically went through. Low and behold they closed my account due to this and will not reinstate. This was also done without me knowing, I had to log into my account after my card was declined. I spoke to a tech and they verified that the funds came from the same account that has made my last months payment perfectly. There solution it's the banks fault, if they admit fault we will discuss reinstating the account. No apology for fees or anything. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Like every other Manufacturer. Lowes does not control their Credit Card Services.

GE Money does.

Lowes has 0% input or ability to do anything with the account other than open it at the store level, Charge to it, or make payments to said account. Everything else goes through GE Money.....so get pissed at them smartie

#1619612
@bleh

you must be one of their lazy *** employees who run when you ask for help of any kind.....not even my biggest complaint.....they sell gift cards but shut your my lowes card down when you purchase these cards......of course I will never forget the 75 year old delivery driver who could not see and totaled my truck by backing up wiyhout a spotter....screw lowes and your comments...your the ***

View more comments (1)
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - Time to cancel the card

I have been a Lowe's credit card holder for almost ten years, and as a general contractor, I use it all the time. I make big payments every month. Last month, my assistant made an online payment for me. When my account did not register right away, she made another payment. She called Lowe's when she realized it was a duplicate, and the lovely lady told her to how to cancel the extra payment online - no problem. It has been nothing but problems ever since. I made a $5000 payment ten days ago...went to use the card today and it was....declined. After hours on the phone, the only answer we got was...fax your bank statement proving it came out of your account. Did I say it has been ten days? I have never been late and I make large payments, well over the minimum, every month. Now, all of a sudden, the rules have changed. Time to cancel the card.

Lowe's has been nothing but a PITA to me when they first decided to change my payment due date(from the 15 th to the 1st), then jack up my interest rate to over 24%! When I asked them "why", they essentially said "because we can!' I am a contractor, who has made several thousands of dollars worth of purchases from my Local Lowe's store (located in Camden, Delaware)over the last eight years or so.

When they did this, I paid off my balance, cut up my card and have vowed to never shop with them again! I will keep my account open as long as possible so I can reap the benefits of my long association with those clowns.

My guess is that when your assistant screwed up making 2 payments, both may have been canceled when you canceled a payment. A quick check of your bank statement would tell you.

It's obvious that you make mistakes as 2 payments were made. You seem to be quick to cut a 10 year relationship IF 1 error is made on the part of the company that handles Lowes Credit card.

Perhaps they should be the one closing your account because you are being a PITA. Who screwed up first, you or them???

View more comments (1)
Tags
  • Lowe s Credit Card

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - Lowe's Consumer Card

I am extremely upset with the fact that my credit limit was lowered from $2500.00 to $1470.00 in less than 24 hours and without any notification or justification. I looked at my account online on Friday, November 6th and had over $1000.00 left to utilize. Went to make a $200.00 purchase on Saturday, November 7th and the card declined. I called to the credit service number and was told that the bank decided to lower ALL consumer credit card limits and that a letter will be sent in the mail explaining why. As I stated to the lady on the other line, my account has always been paid on time and have never gone into default. My account has ALWAYS been in good standing and it is unacceptable that my limit was lower due to the economy. I would understand if I had not been making payments on my account or if my account payments had been late on a continual basis, but that is not the case. I have done everything necessary to keep my account in good standing yet I'm being penalized with no explanation as to why. This is not only ridiculous, but completely unacceptable. I expect some answers and have not received any. If I would have ever thought this would have happened I would have NEVER reopened my consumer credit card with Lowe's, but rather would have opened an account at Home Depot or another store. I cannot believe the complete disregard to your customers and the lack on communication. I DO EXPECT A RESPONSE WITH SOME ANSWERS! And you can believe I will be posting this on the internet for other consumers to be aware of the games that are being played.

I just found out that Lowe's lowered my credit line from $2500 to $500 my balance is $470, so I have about $30 available. I had to find out in front of a bunch of people at the checkout when my card was declined for a $38 purchase.

I was so embarrassed. Well, I'll just pay it off and have one less card to carry in my wallet.

Lowe's really needs to look at another bank to offer their cards. I imagine GEMB is predicting even more economic disaster to come with this president we elected.

we dont set your credit limit a bank does that and if you dont like the intrest rate get a job and pay cash for your purchases

Mine was closed for trades, I am not too sure as to what that means.

What world are you living in? Turn on the news and pay attention.

Credit companies all over are tightening credit. This includes lowering credit limits on cards to reduce their overall credit laibility. Just as you stated in your complaint, the are lowering ALL credit limits.

They are not picking on YOU, It's just a sign of the times. Everyone need to learn to get by on less borrowed money.

Lowes is over priced anyways. We have a card with them as well..

I try not to use it that often, because the interest rate is HIGH! They don't care about credit limits. They don't care about customers.

They care about the lining in their pockets.. You're better off paying this credit card off and getting a home depot one.

View more comments (4)

Contact Lowes Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Lowe's Customer Care (CON8)
P.O. Box 1111