3.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Less than a year ago I bought a nice refrigerator at Lowes. Now I need a new washing machine.

Found one on their website that would work for me so I went back to the store. As I walked into the appliance area, three salespeople are sitting at a desk talking about how customers keep coming up and interrupting them. I figured they were busy so I walked around looking for the washer I wanted. Within minutes the table was empty and all three guys were gone.

I wandered the area but could find no one. About 15 minutes went by. There were other people walking around without any help. Finally one of the guys walked back in the area.

An older woman looked at me and said, you were here before us. And I said "I hope I am not interrupting the sales people like I heard them talking before." The sales guy said "we were just joking". I said I did not take it that way. I said I have been waiting for someone and it should not have been this long of a wait.

He said he was helping someone. I said I walked the entire area and no one was here. He said he did not like my attitude and would find someone else to help me. The woman said "you can't talk to a customer like that" and he said he could.

I said I was going to Home Depot.

And I did and bought a machine there. Never again will I go in a Lowes!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Sales Representative.

Preferred solution: Fire the guys in the appliance area... all 3.

I didn't like: Any of the appliance employees.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 27.

Comments

Awful experience at Lowe's in Arlington Heights, IL. Purchased a fence with a "lifelong warrantee" that the store won't honor.

Fence was poorly installed and of poor quality. And, now they will no longer honor their warrantee. Their explanation? There is a new manager who is "unfamiliar" with "products sold under a different manager".

We have our receipt of purchase in writing and are now considering taking them to court.

STRONGLY advise everyone to avoid Lowe's. No wonder they are about to go out of business...treat customers this way and of course no one will want to do business with them....