11800 Galaxy Dr, Wake Forest, NC 27587, USA
2.6
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Here’s what an awful in-store and then online customer service experience looks like. I couldn’t care less about the discount but that Lowe’s no longer cares about their customers.

I’m never going back. Lowe’s: Hi. My name is Janna with Lowe's and I'll be helping you today. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. Can you tell me more about what happened?

Me: How to lose a customer with one bad experience. Change the rules without communicating with your customers and not provide a work around. Hard-and-fast rule changes for long time loyal customers don't feel real good. I think I'll see how Home Depot treats their customers for a while.

Lowe’s: I did read that in the first initial text. I was asking if you could provide any details as to what you are referring to. Me: Just a minute Lowe’s: Ok Me: Sorry, I just left the Lowe's and was driving so had to pull over. Lowe’s: Ok Me: 1.

Wanted a 2.7 cubic ft refrigerator but the one I wanted was on the top shelf. 2. Had to wait about 15 minutes for an associate. 3.

They had to go get a lift to get the refrigerator down. Another 10 minutes 4. The lift didn't work, wasn't charged. Had to get another associate to manually pull the item down.

Another 10 minutes. That was also very dangerous for that associate. 5. Waited in line for almost 10 minutes 6.

Was told that I couldn't use the military discount with my ID because it had to be tied to a MyLowes account. Manager was called over and would not allow the discount but told me I could go to customer service and tie it to my account. I just paid full price instead of impacting the rest of your customers in line behind me. What I should have done was just leave the refrigerator and go somewhere else.

So, a transaction that should have taken 15 minutes took about an hour and I got to pay full price for the item. You know what, I think I will just return the item and go to Sears to buy it. Now keep in mind that I've use this discount at the same store for years. It's not the discount that irks me, it's the sudden change of rules with zero flexibility.

Not a pleasant experience at all! Lowe’s: I do apologize about the long wait that you had to get your order. Since May 1, 2017 Lowe's has been requesting that people register for the military discount. Then effective 1/2/2018 the option to manually add the discount at the store was removed.

This was not something that was just thrown at customers. The move was to make the discount available to be used online as some veterans are not able to go to the stores due to varying circumstances. Lowe's wanted to make sure that anyone that was eligible for the discount would be able to use the discount. Me: That's not true.

I've shopped at the store several times this year, and today, waiting to pay, I'm told about the rule change. Lowe’s: I do apologize but those are the dates of when these changes were taken place. Me: And I've bought tons of landscaping and fencing over the summer and fall, again, no one ever mentioned it to me. Lowe’s: I do apologize Me: Like I said, great way to lose a long time, loyal customer who spends thousands of dollars a year for home improvements not to mention that I will relate this experience to all my friends and neighbors.

Good luck .

Lowe’s: I'm sorry that you feel that way. Lowes customer service has been deteriorating for a couple of years now but I think it’s hit rock bottom now.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Customer Care.

Comments