2.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Four years ago I paid $1200 for carpet for my master bedroom, stairs and hallway. These are low traffic areas but I bought a very good quality carpet.

After about 2 years, I noticed a few areas of lose carpet. Another year passed and more waves in my bedroom. Finally this winter I had a contractor out for other work and asked him if he could stretch my carpet. He said he could do it but it was not installed properly and I should be calling Lowes.

Not only were there now waves in my bedroom but hallway and on every single step. Called the store multiple times with promises of a return call which never happened. When into the store and they gave me an 800 number which handles their issues. They advised me the warranty is only one year.

I sent pictures and a statement from the contractor and finally they agreed to send their contractor to review. Their contractor told me it wasn't the installation but just bad carpet. Lowes then called me and told me I would need to pay $550 to have the carpet restretched. Now if it was bad carpet, would I pay to have it restretched.

I would only have it restretched if it were installed incorrectly. I have not been able to get a call back from Lowes. I have purchased carpet from them for two other houses with no issues. I have original carpet in my living room and two other bedrooms upstairs that is tight and has no issue other than normal wear.

There is obviously something very wrong. I have been a loyal Lowes customer for 25 years. I am also getting ready to for a major kitchen remodel which I typically would have gone to them for my countertops, etc.

They could care less. I have paid off my account, canceled my card and will NEVER step foot in there again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Carpet Installation.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Managment will not contact me, Poor installation, Disregard for loyal customer.

• Lowes Bad Carpet

Comments

Why do you expect them to cover the cost of re-stretching after 3 years? By making the purchase you agreed that the one year warranty was reasonable. If you thought the warranty should have been longer you should have tried to find someone (unlikely) that offered a longer warranty.

to Anonymous #1626709

Do you think it is reasonable to have your carpet all loose and wavy after this time period? This is not my first rodeo buying carpeting.

I have never had this happen over the course of 30+ years. Especially since this was not "value priced" carpet or padding and in a very low traffic area.

1yr l sucks for you

You did the right thing - you voted with your wallet and your feet. You've left and are not likely to return.

I like that : you gave them a chance, they blew it, and you don't want anymore treatment like that.

Good for you. I would have put it in writing for the record and served my complaint to both the manufacturer and installer via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested.