Management at Lowe’s sucks I went to return a item,just to be treated like a criminal instead of a customer, I was told I could not return the item because I didn’t have I D in my presence,for a simple warranty exchange, I had a copy of my drivers license, and was told that it was not good and I had to have my license in person,so I had to drive back across town to get the drivers license and then go back to the store gust for a simple warranty exchange I want you to know that I will never used Lowe’s if it was the only home improvement store in the world.

Review about: Lowes Customer Care.

I didn't like: Manager, Already stated above.

Comments

Ok first of all... you are the dumb *** that didn’t keep your receipt.

Secondly, Lowe’s is set up on an old DOS system... (you know, like f9, f8, tab over etc) the computer WILL NOT let you return anything without a receipt without a drivers liscense. It cannot be overridden by anyone in that store- it is a computer. There is no such thing as a exchange/swap at Lowe’s in the classic sense.

Employees @ the return counter have to return your item.. however you paid for it- or to a merch card if you are buying something else & don’t want to wait for it to go back to your credit card, and then you have to purchase what you want. Be it the same item, a better one... whatever.

The way the computers are set up... for us to be able to defect it out and get credit.. it must be accounted for & that is how it’s done. If you do not have your receipt...

you will ALWAYS be required to show your id,like in the situation I just described, once the clerk gets to the point where the defective item is being returned, and put on a merch card... IT WILL NOT let them go any further until they enter an id. Period. Guess what else?

When they ring up the new one (provided they do that part at the return counter, personally I would send your *** to a register just because you’re an *** You will have to pull your id out yet again so they can type it in once more. This is to ensure the same person who did the return & showed the id is the same person using the card. This is to prevent fraud. 99% of ppl don’t have a problem with it.

The ones who do are usually *** balls up to no good. You know, like shady ppl that carry around a COPY of their drivers license.

I am going to assume that you left out the fact that you didn't have a receipt for the product you were trying to return. Don't quite know where you plan on shopping that you will be treated any different when making a receipt without a receipt.

welcome to lowes or home depot !!

h.kitchener

Who carries a COPY of their driver's license instead of the real thing? Something fishy here.