Germantown, Maryland

After three visits two my home from two repair companies, my 2/1/2 years old Frigidaire washer is still not in working conditon. After several calls to Lowes warranty service, they suggested a buy out (this is not approved). The buy out involves buying back my present washer and giving me a gift card to use at Lowes to buy a replacement. Problem with that is a) they only give me back what I originally paid two years ago for my washer b) the 4 year warranty (with an additional 6 years parts warranty) that I paid for for the washer and dryer is voided with over a year to run (bear in mind that for 6 months I haven't had the use of the washer while the warranty was still in effect, c) they will not buy back the pedestal that I purchased for this particular model and d) why would I want to buy another item from them! If I buy a new washer from them, I need to purchase a new warranty at additional cost plus pay the additional for the price of the washer at todays higher price.

I told them that, if they would not give me replacement value and would also cancel my currenty warranty if I accepted the buyout, I want the washer to be repaired or simply replaced. I am currently waiting for the repair company to call me with the date of when the other parts will be in. During this six month period I have been forced to spend over $300 at the laundromat.

I would never expect that a $800 plus washing machine would break down after 2 years (the motor, the motorboard, the speed plate which drives the motor are all broken). I will never do business with Lowes again and I would strongly caution any buyer against Frigidaire products and purchasing one of Lowes warranties for any of their products.

P.S. When I bought the washer dryer, there were delays in delivery and they dropped the first washer thatwas deliverd down the stairway of my home and asked me too just accept it in its damaged state and they would give me afifty dollar discount!

Comments

All service warranties ... after you call three times for repair's and the fourth time you can forced what is called a lemon law.. A buy out is not an options Lowes has ..They have to refund your money ......Just so you know

I am a lowly employee at Lowe's, but having worked there for 5 years, I can assure you that at MY Lowe's we have a satisfaction guaranteed motto! We take anything back! I've seen grills, washers, fridges, etc come back even after a few years, with or without the an additional warranty.

lowesblowes
Ealing, England, United Kingdom #24977

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

La Crescenta, California, United States #21946

I am contacting you on behalf of Electrolux Major Appliances in relation to your posting on Getsatisfaction..com. I would like to apologize for the difficulty you have had with your appliance. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you, so that I can personally look in to this matter in order to do so, please send me your contact information and the best time to contact you. I would also need your model and serial number and a file number, if available, so that I can research this matter.

Again, I regret the disappointment with your appliance and look forward to resolving this issue with you.

Sincerely