San Antonio, Texas
1.4

Purchased an outdoor patio table and chair set online. I was notified later that they no longer had that deal so I would have to purchase something else.

Of course they offered nothing comparable to the quality nor price that I had originally purchased. They wanted much more $$$$ for a lesser set. The manage at the store was rude and even said I should probably go to Home Depot if I wanted something like that. Horrible service, did not even attempt to help.

Will take him up on that offer!!

What a bait and switch! San Antonio Lowes!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lowes Table.

Preferred solution: fold.

Comments

bought an "in stock" item ($289) that needed to be installed. paid for it.

(vanity top for bathroom vanity)

the installer called me a few days later saying its not available anymore.

they have the same thing - same size and color - but with a slight different edge to it for $699.

i feel like its "bait and switch"

i get how its probably not; i just wish the web site was updated. we are not buying the new thing.

Meridian, Mississippi, United States #945442

We have something similar going on with Lowes right now as well. We purchased online an ice maker kit on 01/19/2015.

It was shown as available and it would ship out in 3 days or less. It was on sale for 50.00. Of course the 3 days came and went and nothing. As of today, it is scheduled to be delivered by 02/18/2015.

Bad thing is, I can purchase the more expensive ice maker kit and pick up in the store today if I so choose. I feel as if this is a bait and switch as well trying to force me into buying the more expensive item. Seems to be more and more of a pattern with them.

Oh well. I'll keep plugging away with my issue and good luck with yours.

Sherwood, Arkansas, United States #924658

There is no bait and switch. Items go on sale and sell out fast, so no comparable items.

Too many people come into Lowes complaining about Home Depot and their horrible customer service. The majority of Lowes complaints are baseless. Lowes is not to blame for the credit card company, the manufacturer warranties, the vendor product delays, etc etc.

I doubt the majority of complainers have never worked retail. I love helping customers but some issues are beyond Lowes fault.

That is exactly why I don't shop at Lowes. I do all my shopping at Home Depot and if I really a part and it's not at Home Depot, I go to Ace Hardware!

I would never put up with any rude sales people like the one mentioned. I don't complain through the internet. I send my letter directly to the manager of that store which might get your problem solved. I love going through all the aisles at Home Depot.

My husband has to pull me out of the store. Those people at the are good people!!

That's what happens when you wait till the end of the year for closeout prices. They sell out. Next year buy earlier in the season, yes you may pay more but you'll get what you want.